Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,617 members, 7,816,539 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:51 PM

Boys Cry Too - (a short story) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Boys Cry Too - (a short story) (518 Views)

Do Boys Cry After Break Up ? / I Can Never Date A Short Man, I need Tall, Fair, handsome Rich Guy - Slay Queen / Struggles Of Dating A Short Man - Meme Collection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boys Cry Too - (a short story) by asainco(m): 10:41am On Nov 29, 2020
So this my guy (name withheld) , a very hard working young guy in his late twenties, nice guy, young vibrant Nigerian youth filled with great enthusiasm optimism and hope for his future. He has been hustling his way from the scratch and heading to the top(Rising , which is the moniker he adopted). Woke up this morning to a heart crushing WhatsApp status update. He's ex girlfriend, a very beautiful, young, sweet looking, supportive and hard working girl in her mid twenties, whom he met in NYSC orientation camp years ago, the girl whom he always fills our innocent ears with stories of her, how she had helped him start up his first business during their NYSC days, and how he hoped and planned to get back with her by next year and definitely propose to her(my guy had made up scenes and stories of the intended 'future' proposal), posted a picture of another man saying and I quote 'happy birthday my love'. well he ignored it like every ex would, telling himself that the guy wouldn't stop him still, but only if he knew what the next picture was about he would have stopped. Well, being inquisitive like every other person would be (just to see more pictures and weigh if the guy reach or not , you understand na, lol) then to his optimum surprise the picture was her wedding photo with supposed mystery man, he definitely couldn't believe his eyes but that wasn't the final draw of the straw, again he should have stopped and probably assumed it was photo shopped, but the devilish man on the left side of his brain somehow convinced to check the next picture. Only disappointment is that it wasn't a picture it was a full blown motherF*****g, heart wrenching, soul snapping, unedited, not 'doctored' wedding video. He watched the video over and over again, hoping that it might be her sisters wedding that his 'girl' might be the chief bridesmaid but then it stung him again, she's the only daughter and the girl in the white dress looks very very familiar, but I sincerely wish he didn't see the next picture. The next picture was where he realised It wasn't a mirage after all, it was the exact kinda of picture they took(when the road was still milky for only him, obviously) lying on the bed and holding the phone in the air, it was exactly like the one he took with her,(maybe she wanted to use it for 'how it started' vs 'how it ended'). See eh, forget long talk, my guy has been crying since morning,he is completely and totally inconsolable. I sincerely feel for him, especially in this country where good girls are practically impossible to find, he just lost his most priceless jewel. BOYS DO CRY TOO.
Re: Boys Cry Too - (a short story) by Godada(m): 10:44am On Nov 29, 2020
What I don't get here is the caption.

Are you telling his sordid tale to buttress your point that boys do cry? If that's the case then of course they do.

What's important to note is the underhanded games been played when lovers play.

Been naive is certainly not the way about it. Women have evolved and play the love game with mastery and artistry.

What holds true in life also hold true in chess. The strongest piece is the queen.....cunning, flexibility and powerful.

A liberated woman is a woman to be feared.

Men guard your hearts
Re: Boys Cry Too - (a short story) by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 29, 2020
TF angry
Re: Boys Cry Too - (a short story) by EdricBond: 10:44am On Nov 29, 2020
Yes, boys do Cry (mostly the inner crying, which is the hardest one).
But the best way to save yourself the strength is to stay out of the drama.
Girls and boys will always break each other's heart — that's a fact that you can't change.
For example, the man below is crying inside himself — but you can't see the tears, crying like this is the hardest form of crying grin.

1 Like

Re: Boys Cry Too - (a short story) by fati2001(m): 10:48am On Nov 29, 2020
Mw
Re: Boys Cry Too - (a short story) by MJBOLT: 10:48am On Nov 29, 2020
the only time i cry is when i'm slicing onions in the kitchen

1 Like

Re: Boys Cry Too - (a short story) by Bornsinner7: 10:51am On Nov 29, 2020
Awa fierce gan to ba n wa mi

Men don't cry but boys do and when they do, it is for something reasonable like;
1, the passing away of someone dear to them
2, bet9ja ticket (like the day wey wan boy begin cry after Messi score Nigeria for world cup, only God know how much him stake)
3, Fight etc

1 Like

Re: Boys Cry Too - (a short story) by asainco(m): 10:53am On Nov 29, 2020
Godada:
What I don't get here is the caption.

Are you telling his sordid tale to buttress your point that boys do cry? If that's the case then of course they do.

What's important to note is the underhanded games been played when lovers play.

Been naive is certainly not the way about it. Women have evolved and play the love game with mastery and artistry.

What holds true in life also hold true in chess. The strongest piece is the queen.....cunning, flexibility and powerful.

A liberated woman is a woman to be feared.

Men guard your hearts
the choice of the caption was really thought hard about.. Just had to put something
Re: Boys Cry Too - (a short story) by asainco(m): 10:54am On Nov 29, 2020
MJBOLT:
lol, me too
Re: Boys Cry Too - (a short story) by asainco(m): 10:55am On Nov 29, 2020
EdricBond:
Yes, boys do Cry (mostly the inner crying, which is the hardest one).
But the best way to save yourself the strength is to stay out of the drama.
Girls and boys will always break each other's heart — that's a fact that you can't change.

For example, the man below is crying inside himself — but you can't see the tears, crying like this is the hardest form of crying grin.
lol, flesh and blood did not reveal this to u
Re: Boys Cry Too - (a short story) by Godada(m): 10:57am On Nov 29, 2020
asainco:
the choice of the caption was really thought hard about.. Just had to put something

I get you
Re: Boys Cry Too - (a short story) by zed7: 11:06am On Nov 29, 2020
So your friend is sad that someone was smart enough to see her as wife material. He is a weakling like alot of men who see good girls and let them go.

Let your 'friend' snap out of his misery and go look for his own. She is an ex for a reason.

Personally I have never kept the phone number of any ex. I don't do friendship with ex, if they are gone then they are gone. If they call me we chat and that's it.
Re: Boys Cry Too - (a short story) by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 29, 2020
MJBOLT:
stop lieing you simp
Re: Boys Cry Too - (a short story) by Madibah(m): 11:18am On Nov 29, 2020
Zzor:
stop lieing you simp

You need brain resetting slap

(1) (Reply)

She Is 50 But Look 30 With Anti Aging Face Massage! / The Breaking Point: Why Do Women Initiate Divorce More Than Men? / Why Do Girls Do This???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.