Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker (56714 Views)

Ojbest Is dead; Man Who Made Shoes For Osinbajo Dies / OjBest: How Osinbajo Met And Patronized A Local Shoemaker After A Tweet (Photos) / Ghana Government Sends Delegates To Understudy The Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by drealcivilceno(m): 2:40pm On Nov 29, 2020
remigreat:
Heaven has finally answer your calls OJ Best. By this, your products would gain international recognition and I trust Prof Osinbajo will help you achieve this. Patronising made in Nigeria products will help boost our economy as long as these products are at par with international standards. The only thing is our mindsets towards it. God bless everyone here and may the Heavens answer our own prayers too in Jesus name.

Chineke!

POVERTY will not kill nigerians!
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by Myhusband(m): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2020
orisa37:
"UNHUN AJE LEWA EYERE LEBO". ORO IJESA.

ose Lara re
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by Vision3: 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2020
Herbephe1:
Osinbajo shouldn't appear too soft when elected as our president comes 2023
you need Sense
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by Sleekfingers: 2:49pm On Nov 29, 2020
Fahdiga:
Osinbajo should face governance or resign if he is tired. This is not what he was elected to do

na Vice president be your president? Tell me, the role of a vice president.........

For your information, all vice president in the whole world are mere spare tyre......even obasanjo self talk am....when he was dealing with Atiku......

1 Like

Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by divinitybillz(m): 2:54pm On Nov 29, 2020
Herbephe1:
Osinbajo shouldn't appear too soft when elected as our president comes 2023

Wow, ur msg really prooves u cant please everyone. Osinbajo is doing a good job and some claims he's too soft. You really cant please everyone.

1 Like

Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by solonubinho(m): 2:57pm On Nov 29, 2020
Designsking:
This is supper commendable.
#TheBestVpOfAllTime

Who cares? £ is N635. Onion cost a fortune, rice cost a fortune, people are earning backwards, unemployment is at an all time high, rule of law and democracy are at an all time low, our youths are becoming prostitutes and fraudsters just to put food on the table. Now tell me, really, who really gives a shit. Let's start focusing on what really matters.
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by Nchenches: 3:01pm On Nov 29, 2020
OJBEST is RESTRUCTURING Osibanjo’s shoe brands; but Osinbajo says that Nigeria does not require political restructuring.

Even Great Britain restructures its country politically on a daily basis to adapt to emerging political realities in the country.

Is the VP a political mugu such that he does not understand that a Professor of Law as VP to PMB is because of Nigeria’s rigged and lopsided political structure?

Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by picklighthouse: 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2020
Thegracefulness:
A lot of people here are commending this but the truth is Osinbajo is a funny man.

Acts like these would only please people’s sentiments but really they do no good. If he’s interested in fashion, the government should implore favourable policies for designers and entrepreneurs. Especially tax policies. Build infrastructure to house designers. Open the borders to transport their products to a wider market. Sustain their currency as it is the domestic form of exchange and basis their business relies on.

Only favouring one person like this does not do anything.

I’m extremely happy for this designer, but I hope they don’t use him to buy applause and dump him along the way like THE NUMEROUS OTHERS.

Osibanjo knows fully well that he would barely wear any of these products. It’s you and I that are these young man’s customers. Politicians have an insatiatable taste for foreign and luxurious products. How then would we buy his products when we have the sale of onions and sachet milk to battle with.

Wetin concern hungry man with shoe?

I hope the story he’s trying to sell with this act favours him, especially at this particular time.

In a more important case; please check my profile. I need to raise money for my Masters Program by the first quarter of next year and so I’m selling my Landed Properties in Port Harcourt.

What the VP did here is actually commendable. I am sure he wishes he could promote all entrepreneurs and help them grow their business more than he is doing presently. Thankfully there are policies aimed at that already and entrepreneurs and startups are starting to take advantage of them.

As for the borders, they don't have to be physically opened for transborder trade for products of this nature to sell. There are online platforms that can get that done easily.

What strengthens currency is both internal and external trades. And with larger volumes of trades like these happening, it will translate to a stronger local currency with time.

1 Like

Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by Thegracefulness: 3:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
picklighthouse:

What the VP did here is actually commendable. I am sure he wishes he could promote all entrepreneurs and help them grow their business more than he is doing presently. Thankfully there are policies aimed at that already and entrepreneurs and startups are starting to take advantage of them.

As for the borders, they don't have to be physically opened for transborder trade for products of this nature to sell. There are online platforms that can get that done easily.

What strengthens currency is both internal and external trades. And with larger volumes of trades like these happening, it will translate to a stronger local currency with time.

I appreciate your view on this but frankly you’re not especially correct. There’s very little being done to aid startups and entrepreneurs currently—In fact there’s no policies. Instead investors are pulling out and startups are shrinking. The economy is not favourable to external trades also.

Lately have you tried exporting cargo via any of the sea ports? Especially that of Lagos State. Transportation of a 40ft container goes nothing less than N1,280,000. I don’t even want to talk about the Onne seaport here in my state. There’s a whole lot I’d not be addressing because it’d simply upset me the more, but trust me this act does not help anybody other than the said man in the picture.
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by GodShowmemercy(f): 3:28pm On Nov 29, 2020
Fahdiga:
Osinbajo should face governance or resign if he is tired. This is not what he was elected to do
am i smelling jealousy
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by xxxXXXxxx: 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2020
Thegracefulness:
A lot of people here are commending this but the truth is Osinbajo is a funny man.

Acts like these would only please people’s sentiments but really they do no good. If he’s interested in fashion, the government should implore favourable policies for designers and entrepreneurs. Especially tax policies. Build infrastructure to house designers. Open the borders to transport their products to a wider market. Sustain their currency as it is the domestic form of exchange and basis their business relies on.

Only favouring one person like this does not do anything.

I’m extremely happy for this designer, but I hope they don’t use him to buy applause and dump him along the way like THE NUMEROUS OTHERS.

Osibanjo knows fully well that he would barely wear any of these products. It’s you and I that are these young man’s customers. Politicians have an insatiatable taste for foreign and luxurious products. How then would we buy his products when we have the sale of onions and sachet milk to battle with.

Wetin concern hungry man with shoe?

I hope the story he’s trying to sell with this act favours him, especially at this particular time.

In a more important case; please check my profile. I need to raise money for my Masters Program by the first quarter of next year and so I’m selling my Landed Properties in Port Harcourt.

You have said it as it is in this country. The elites would empower just a few individuals,marketing those individuals for others to see them as symbols of hope amidst hopelessness;thereby creating a free for all rat race. What is really needed is the enactment of policies that encourage exponential empowerment of the masses and the willingness and ability to follow up on such policies.

Until the implementation of such policies,it would always be business as usual. It's only the empowerment of significant number of citizens that can bring about large-scale economic development.

1 Like

Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by josite: 3:43pm On Nov 29, 2020
And what will he now sent to the families of 40 farners just killed by Boko Haram in borno.woe to then who are at ease in Zion when the righteous perish !.
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by LivingSage: 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2020
Commendable. BUHARI Government should put an end to importation of footwear, we're capable of making them ourselves
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by AlphaDigitals: 3:54pm On Nov 29, 2020
Certainly, grace has found this man

God's grace is limitless
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by olawonder(m): 4:00pm On Nov 29, 2020
Yea, some of the delegates’ shoes need mending too cheesy
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by vioment: 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2020
Is cool.
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by Omuuvwie(m): 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2020
Where are the shoes na, abi only those 2 he wants to show case
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by Lambarry1: 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
This is the kind of flimsy attention seeking nonsensesicals this Assistant house boy vice president is known for.
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by jaxxy(m): 4:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
Fmghewzy:

Pls bro if you cannot tell me how this is a circus show,I will take it that you a slowpoke.

You just comment without thinking,why!!!!!

Its painful to see moronic comments like this on Nairaland,a forum where foreigners
Also visit.

I wud like to see better policies to support these small business and a thriving economy and by extension market not this one man show circuses. That’s my point.

There are thousands of this man out there struggling and they all can’t get the vp’s attention like this so how do they also progress?? undecided
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by SavageMaster: 4:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
Fahdiga:

Children of the world.

Osinbajo ignores, they murmur.
Osinbajo recognizes the young man, they still murmur
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by Ferrous(m): 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2020
Good one from our VP. Promoting made-in-Nigeria products
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by durasome(m): 5:06pm On Nov 29, 2020
jaybenugo:
VP Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Personal Shoemaker (Photos/Video)

Vice President of Nigeria, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo on Thursday surprised a young entrepreneur, by sending his aides to meet the man after he had offered to make shoes for him, IgbereTV reports.

The entrepreneur known on Twitter as OJBEST Footwear had made a shoe for Osinbajo and asked for a chance to be his personal shoe maker in a bid to boost his brand and expand his reach.

OJBEST Footwear’s first tweet was made on November 9, 2020, where he urged people on the platform to help him promote his tweet so that the Vice President would see it.

He wrote;

The Vice President who has been at the forefront of promoting Made In Nigeria products sent some of his aides to meet OJBEST Footwear at his workplace.

He then took pictures with the aides and also posted a video as well.

Speaking on how excited he is that Osinbajo recognised him enough to send a delegation, the young man tweeted;

https://twitter.com/Ojbest5/status/1331974010712821760?s=19

See below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBwqyoRXupE

https://igberetvnews.com/1373444/vp-osinbajo-sends-delegates-man-offered-personal-shoemaker-photos-video/
.VP Osibanjo one of the politician of this regime that has made himself easily accessible to the people, such a humble fellow.
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by Frankice: 5:07pm On Nov 29, 2020
If to say na Woman now, she for don get endorsement deal already
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by Funnyguy83: 5:10pm On Nov 29, 2020
jaybenugo:
More
the funny thing is that I am his official delivery company. my company name is SINCERE LOGISTICS. we are all in kubwa here and was my dedicated customer when I was in peace mass transit kubwa.

congratulations boy . this is just the beginning .

1 Like

Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by abmarine(m): 5:11pm On Nov 29, 2020
Misplaced priority
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by Coinbased: 5:45pm On Nov 29, 2020
Hmmm
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by flokisky: 6:06pm On Nov 29, 2020
cheesy
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by Herbephe1(m): 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2020
divinitybillz:

Wow, ur msg really prooves u cant please everyone. Osinbajo is doing a good job and some claims he's too soft. You really cant please everyone.

A leader must be able to balance the equation.You must be tough when necessary and soft when it's called for.Being too soft might be mistaken for stupidity.
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by Etifinity: 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2020
Fahdiga:
���
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by Raph82(m): 8:23pm On Nov 29, 2020
Fahdiga:
Guy, u for no come here say anything at all
Re: OJBEST Footwear: Osinbajo Sends Delegates To Man Who Offered To Be His Shoemaker by efemena5050(m): 8:48pm On Nov 29, 2020
Fahdiga:
blue goat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Saraki Shaking Idris Ibrahim, Ex IGP Today / NAF Deploys Additional Aircrafts To South-South To Help Flush Out Militants(Pics / Yahaya Bello And His Masked Security Arrive Eid Prayer Ground (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.