Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,175 members, 7,825,668 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? (20133 Views)

One Game Is Always Designed To Spoil Your Ticket. I QUIT!! / Why Michael Emenalo Quit Chelsea / I Quit Betting For Good!!!(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by GideonOluwatobi(m): 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2020
What i would tell you is that you should

1. Admit to it that you've lost alot of money

Just forget about the Money because you would never recover it.

2. Stay off of any group that talks about betting avoid them like mad

3. Start afresh and

4. Discipline yourself because its not easy.
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by ugbanante: 6:18pm On Nov 29, 2020
Thank God u were able to keep track of your losses. Work on your attitude of greed, get rid of betting apps and betting site bookmarks on ur device.
Turn more to God to help u quench the inner appetite for gambling.
Engage in more relaxing recreational activities. Avoid betting houses and friends like stray bullets.
Learn to forget your loses and focus on positive stuff.
God will help u.

1 Like

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2020
denjjy:
You're so lucky bro, you're yet to discover the real deal; I mean the virtual bet (Baby, dog race etc.). I'm sure by now you would have sold all your belongings.....I'm a victim of sport bet, badly affected and still struggling to quit. may God Almighty rescue us bro

Can't stop laughing while reading your comment. Baby has killed many destinies bro. It's currently killing one of my neighbors. He goes to the betting shop early in the morning and returns late at night with nothing. In fact, that's his office. He's addicted.
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 29, 2020
alexistaiwo:
Gambling has only true rule.

1. ONLY GAMBLE WITH AN AMOUNT YOU CAN AFFORD TO DASH OUT WITHOUT FEELING HEAT

2. REFER TO NUMBER ONE!
Many people are poor. They can't afford to dash out without feeling it except they will be deceiving themselves. Best bet is to stop completely.

1 Like

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by frozen70(f): 6:25pm On Nov 29, 2020
KhalifaJnr:
Good day Nlers,

I don't know how to start my story sad it's so bad that I am ashamed of putting it down in writing embarassed
I had a business worth 1m, was doing great until my closed friend introduced me to betting - that was the downfall of my career...betting made me a begger. I staked 200k on "sure" 5 odds but it went to shred, tried recovering; staked 500k - same story sad

I was depressed, could not eat, started going to different websites and forecasting games, but same problem - lose embarassed
I sold my car, used the money to gamble, won 400k, d nxt day I loss 600k.

Yesterday I staked 200k on 3 matches ; Juventus, Dortmund and Real madrid...everything red. I'm tired. I wanna quit.

Bash and insult me, no p. I need advice(s) please.

You know what, run to your God and then leave all your bad friends alone, and you stay on your own
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Rabzee(m): 6:26pm On Nov 29, 2020
Ehya!! I pray God(Allah) help u. What ever Allah says is not good, we should not engage our self into it. God us. Ameen.
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by belcom10(m): 6:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
Determination and God help. Once you have this two you're good to go. Say bye bye to gambling for life.
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Daddy46: 6:29pm On Nov 29, 2020
KhalifaJnr:
Good day Nlers,

I don't know how to start my story sad it's so bad that I am ashamed of putting it down in writing embarassed
I had a business worth 1m, was doing great until my closed friend introduced me to betting - that was the downfall of my career...betting made me a begger. I staked 200k on "sure" 5 odds but it went to shred, tried recovering; staked 500k - same story sad

I was depressed, could not eat, started going to different websites and forecasting games, but same problem - lose embarassed

Yesterday I staked 200k on 3 matches ; Juventus, Dortmund and Real madrid...everything red. I'm tired. I wanna quit.

just run away your business is enough for you to feed you even sold your car too stop or you end up been depressed and anything can happen after that
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by eburuu: 6:30pm On Nov 29, 2020
God help you true.... only God can...
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by wirinet(m): 6:31pm On Nov 29, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Can't stop laughing while reading your comment. Baby has killed many destinies bro. It's currently killing one of my neighbors. He goes to the betting shop early in the morning and returns late at night with nothing. In fact, that's his office. He's addicted.
Betting is highly addictive, I would say as addictive as igbo or even cocaine. You get thrilled by the highs when you win and depressed by the lows when you lose. You get the same momentary highs when you win that igbo smokers get after a drag. The tragedy is that you start longing for those highs, so you stake higher and higher until you go burst.

Our health professionals should start treating gambling addiction like alcoholism and drug abuse. It's a huge mental health issue in Nigeria today.

3 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by JaffyJoe(m): 6:32pm On Nov 29, 2020
KhalifaJnr:
Good day Nlers,

Bro, I can’t judge you. I’ve been there and done that. Lost my last two jobs to lack of coordination and gambling beyond my means. I don’t do it anymore though. I thank Jehovah for that.

There’s no therapy or fix. The only cure for an addiction is finding another addiction. That was how I overcame mine. I started doing legitimate stuffs online to earn money. When I started earning in $$, gambling made no more sense to me.
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by zoputan89113: 6:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
Me dat can't play more than 100 once in 3months.
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by flexindino(m): 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2020
@op.....diaris something I wanna suggest to you, which is how you see betting from ur angle... honestly, I was in ur shoes years back (same way I got introduced by a friend). Mine was nice.....I devised a strategy that made me win on a daily....until it got to a time I started misbehaving since I've made lotta money (which made me lose so much to d extend I was broke)....sins av gotten addicted to it, I couldn't quit.... instead I was searching d internet to look for a strategy that'll favour me.....I now saw a suggestion made by a white guy.....d guy said d best way to win in sportbet is to see it as a business (i.e when you wanna place a bet, u do it as if it's your business).....if u had a business worth 1million naira, will u be looking for a way to make a profit of 10million naira on a daily?.....so I thought about it found a way that favours me.....
so what I'm tryna say is that you see bet as a business....if u wanna go into a business, first you make your research, secondly you look for a way it will favor u.... that's how bet is.....infact if you understand FOREX Trading, you will understand sportbet to a reasonable extend...
I rest my case.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by ogolad(m): 6:41pm On Nov 29, 2020
Brother, I feel for you but when it comes to gambling you need self discipline to enable you quit betting, I do gamble before but the day I saw a man played virtual with 50k, close to my monthly take home, ever since then nobody tell me to stop gambling, determine not to gamble again and don't have this menterlity of I will recover. May God help you.

2 Likes

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by jarrot(m): 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2020
Them no dey tell mad man to leave the road.
When you reach your breaking point you will learn.
There is no shortcut to riches.
When your account go red body go tell you

1 Like

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by divinitybillz(m): 6:42pm On Nov 29, 2020
Bro, i was in the same shoes as you. Was one of the highest earners when i was serving at KT,NYSC, Yet i was always indebted. Its a seed that can single handedly destroy your life, finance, focus, marriage, relationship and destiny until i took a decision which i had taken 10times before but this time It was life or death situation because i had lost trusted friends and family. I had to ask GOD for help, change my focus from making sharp sharp money to building sustainable goals. I stayed away from sites, locations, friends and thoughts that could lead me back but most importantly I genuinely sought Gods help and made up my mind never to go back even if it kills me and its been an amazing journey.

1 Like

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Nobody: 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2020
You ve not been able to stop because your 100million naira is waiting for you there. Get the money or die trying. Never say never!
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by OlawaleBammie: 7:01pm On Nov 29, 2020
ayfat23:
Seek for loan that would be up to like 2million naira, then place everything on betting, If you win you will never play gambling again, if you loose, then you will have to pay the debt almost for the rest of your life.

Problem solved!
Guy don't disturb ursef cus there is no heaven for you again grin we are already complete grin grin
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by NdigboWorldwide: 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2020
flexindino:
@op.....diaris something I wanna suggest to you, which is how you see betting from ur angle... honestly, I was in ur shoes years back (same way I got introduced by a friend). Mine was nice.....I devised a strategy that made me win on a daily....until it got to a time I started misbehaving since I've made lotta money (which made me lose so much to d extend I was broke)....sins av gotten addicted to it, I couldn't quit.... instead I was searching d internet to look for a strategy that'll favour me.....I now saw a suggestion made by a white guy.....d guy said d best way to win in sportbet is to see it as a business (i.e when you wanna place a bet, u do it as if it's your business).....if u had a business worth 1million naira, will u be looking for a way to make a profit of 10million naira on a daily?.....so I thought about it found a way that favours me.....
so what I'm tryna say is that you see bet as a business....if u wanna go into a business, first you make your research, secondly you look for a way it will favor u.... that's how bet is.....infact if you understand FOREX Trading, you will erstand sportbet to a reasonable extend...
I rest my case.

There is nothing good about betting, you will always end up being broke. Invest your money on real business.

1 Like

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by stupidmod1: 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2020
never give me keep doing it
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:10pm On Nov 29, 2020
KhalifaJnr:
Good day Nlers,

Stop chasing your loss. Plus even if u wanna gamble, have a reputable punter to follow.
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by gentleg87(m): 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2020
Fake story... Staking #200000 every weekend and u just started betting nah like.... U no win ur first day and proceeded nah more lies....
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by LegendAnselm: 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2020
Righteousness89:
The Spirit behind Gambling is a Wicked one ! So it's advisable not to start at all!

For you who has become a casualty!
1. Seek God's Face in Repentance. Confess your Sins and Surrender to JESUS.

2. Look for Bible believing Church where the raw undiluted Word of God is preached and Prayers made Constantly.
I attend the Lord Chosen. I recommend that for you.

3. Delete the app From your Phone! Delete whatever has to do with Gambling on your Phone. If the app refuses to delete! throw the phone away! Delete friends who are Gamblers!

4. If you can change your Environment, change !

5. Get the Word of God. Let it become your Best friend and Hobby.

Sir is it a sin to play be9ja? pls explainll
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by codeigniter(m): 7:12pm On Nov 29, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright .....
Be a real niggarrr Bros op
Real niggarrrz don't quit
And quitters never win
For every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which gambling is among
A big shout out to all my fellow gamblers, punters, stakers, risk takers and high rollers

I die here this evening

U are everything a good child shouldn't be. grin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by LegendAnselm: 7:14pm On Nov 29, 2020
Barka00:

What of those who have made a lot of fortune through gambling?
where them?
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by DeMoneyGenius: 7:19pm On Nov 29, 2020
N200, 000;
N300, 000;
N500, 000;
Sure odds!
People get mind sha!
Money for plot of land ooooooo
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by leonard002(m): 7:21pm On Nov 29, 2020
The truth is that you can't quit.

The addiction is real. The only thing left for you is to be using ONLY MONEY YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE, like N1k, N2k, etc.

Don't use big money. And learn to stake on small odds like 1.10 up to 1.5 etc.

Avoid accumulation and realize that gambling ALWAYS FAVOURS THE HOUSE. See it as a form of entertainment which it really is
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Achz(m): 7:21pm On Nov 29, 2020
Lol. My Bros, I was once in ur shoe till someone introduced to "sports Arbitrage". It's not a gamble and this is what I have been using to wreck the bookmakers dry.
Try Google "ARBITRAGE BETTING" & "MATCHED BETTING" plus other soft way u can make ur in sports with a ZERO Risk. If anyone is interested in that, he should reach me through my Facebook page....Amos Chiz Wanamaker or whatsapp...zero nine zero, seven four, nine five, zero two two eight
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by emerald02(m): 7:21pm On Nov 29, 2020
NegroAcheiver:
Just stake the remaining untop virtual 10 odds for shop. If you don't stop gambling then that means your problem is bigger than nigeria's own.
you wicked I swear
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by dklex(m): 7:24pm On Nov 29, 2020
Is this all u will say ? Someone is dieying of Gambling and cry out for help, dia is God o

slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright .....
Be a real niggarrr Bros op
Real niggarrrz don't quit
And quitters never win
For every day we wake we are faced with more than a hundred ways to become a millionaire of which gambling is among
A big shout out to all my fellow gamblers, punters, stakers, risk takers and high rollers

I die here this evening

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by EvangelistChuks(m): 7:26pm On Nov 29, 2020
Gambling:A mental attraction to whats not yours. Another words for operations of the flesh. Solution : Accept Jesus's death on the cross by deciding that you don't want to gamble again (repentance) and asking Jesus to be your Lord and saviour. Do this sincerely and you will be free indeed.
Re: Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? by Ashinze: 7:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
The days start realising you can never eat your lost money back , thats the day you will stop gambling. I had same experience too so i dont have a choice to stop it with this code. I gave up everything have lost.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Blessing Okagbare Emerges World Best Sprinter / Chelsea Targets Osimhen As Replacement For Lukaku / 5 Surprising Benefits Of Playing Chess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.