Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,597 members, 7,955,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:10 PM

Someone Please Explain Backend To Me - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Someone Please Explain Backend To Me (1085 Views)

Geniuses In The House, Please Explain. / My React Single Page For Small Start Up Business (Request Web App - No Backend ) / Please Explain This Code To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone Please Explain Backend To Me by KingTayo37(m): 10:50pm On Nov 30, 2020
Hey nairaland am a beginner in phyton and i started learning this language because i wanted to make a big project app and now someone told me i need to a learn backend language,please can someone explain what backend is and a good place to learn it.
Re: Someone Please Explain Backend To Me by Janepickles: 5:14am On Dec 01, 2020
Back end code adds utility to everything the front end developer creates. The main function of back end is to store data or you can say it is a database of a program.
Re: Someone Please Explain Backend To Me by ehinorlive: 11:15am On Dec 01, 2020
You are already learning back-end, python is a backend language

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Explain Backend To Me by Donpre(m): 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2020
If you're a beginner, focus on learning basic programming concepts instead of confusing yourself with backend or frontend. All that wouldn't matter if you can do loops, conditional statement, methods or classes.

To answer your question, backend is code that runs on a server and integrates the frontend with a database amongst many other things the backend does.

For backend languages, there are a ton of them each with a ton of frameworks.
So again learn programming first, all the backend languages are basically the same with a slight difference in syntax.

Also python is one the many backend languages.

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Explain Backend To Me by KingTayo37(m): 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2020
fnep2smooth:
Since you have started learning phyton I will advise you look into flask, some people will advise you to check Django but try go for simplicity and less stressful way of programing. Flask is very easy and you can achieve alot with a few line of code.

You can even start your local server with a single line of code. It make works easy and you use alot of added packages to build an amazing web app.

Do some research and see how sweet this framework is.

I build website. Black Friday PROMO
Pay after the job is completed.
thanks for the suggestion,but where can i learn flask or is there any pdf or ebooks you can suggest for me
Re: Someone Please Explain Backend To Me by KingTayo37(m): 8:09pm On Dec 01, 2020
Donpre:
If you're a beginner, focus on learning basic programming concepts instead of confusing yourself with backend or frontend. All that wouldn't matter if you can do loops, conditional statement, methods or classes.

To answer your question, backend is code that runs on a server and integrates the frontend with a database amongst many other things the backend does.

So again learn programming first, all the backend languages are basically the same with a slight difference in syntax.

Re: Someone Please Explain Backend To Me by KingTayo37(m): 8:15pm On Dec 01, 2020
Donpre:

please can you explain framework
Re: Someone Please Explain Backend To Me by fnep2smooth(m): 9:06pm On Dec 01, 2020
KingTayo37:
thanks for the suggestion,but where can i learn flask or is there any pdf or ebooks you can suggest for me
Google is your friend... If you want to be great in programing then you need to start asking Google questions concerning your problems you are facing, Check YouTube for video work through, Check Stackoverflow for error related issues, use W3school for introduction and practice. We all use these and many more sites everyday for research , and always end your questions with the programing language when doing your Google search. Eg. "How to install flask through npm".

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Explain Backend To Me by Donpre(m): 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2020
KingTayo37:
please can you explain framework
You know how you need travel from one place to another, you don't go building a car from scratch but instead just buy one and all you need is to learn how to drive it?..... That's basically the concept of frameworks.

It contains codes that do specific things for you, you just need to learn how to use it.

So instead of doing a lot of work yourself, you just use a framework the way you want to and get things done way way faster.

1 Like

Re: Someone Please Explain Backend To Me by KingTayo37(m): 10:43pm On Dec 01, 2020
Donpre:

You know how you need travel from one place to another, you don't go building a car from scratch but instead just buy one and all you need is to learn how to drive it?..... That's basically the concept of frameworks.

It contains codes that do specific things for you, you just need to learn how to use it.

So instead of doing a lot of work yourself, you just use a framework the way you want to and get things done way way faster.
wow,but where do you get framework isthere like a site where you can download them
Re: Someone Please Explain Backend To Me by Donpre(m): 10:51pm On Dec 01, 2020
KingTayo37:
wow,but where do you get framework isthere like a site where you can download them
Yeah they are all have websites with installation guides and Documentation on how to use them.
Re: Someone Please Explain Backend To Me by KingTayo37(m): 11:11pm On Dec 01, 2020
Donpre:

Yeah they are all have websites with installation guides and Documentation on how to use them.
please can you drop the url of these sites
Re: Someone Please Explain Backend To Me by Donpre(m): 11:20pm On Dec 01, 2020
KingTayo37:
please can you drop the url of these sites
These frameworks are based on languages and require some intermediate proficiency in the languages.

So which programming language do you know well and what exactly are you trying to do?
Re: Someone Please Explain Backend To Me by KingTayo37(m): 11:38pm On Dec 01, 2020
Donpre:

These frameworks are based on languages and require some intermediate proficiency in the languages.

So which programming language do you know well and what exactly are you trying to do?
am trying to make a web site that also has an app and shares the same database which pl do you think i should use,i already started learning phyton and java for the app
Re: Someone Please Explain Backend To Me by Donpre(m): 1:02am On Dec 02, 2020
KingTayo37:
am trying to make a web site that also has an app and shares the same database which pl do you think i should use,i already started learning phyton and java for the app
Since you're learning python, then Django or Flask or FastAPI
They're all good, google will give you their websites, they have ton of videos on youtube, pick one and happy debugging.

You can also use java for the backend with springboot.

Like i said, there are tons of backend languages and you're learning 2 of them. So which ever you feel comfortable with, simply pick one of their web framework and build your backend with it.

Good luck

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Most Nigeria Programmers Behave This Way? / Work Me Through Plz / Great Minds Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.