Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,703 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Geniuses In The House, Please Explain. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Geniuses In The House, Please Explain. (515 Views)

Someone Please Explain Backend To Me / Programmers In The House, Please I Need Your Advice / Please Explain This Code To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Geniuses In The House, Please Explain. by SarutobiEky(m): 8:49pm On Dec 29, 2020
I need you guys to see this. I'm wondering just how hectic software engineering is, I think I just got a fair idea of what that is like. Please enlighten us where you deem necessary. Starting from what's CS?

Re: Geniuses In The House, Please Explain. by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:08pm On Dec 29, 2020
See the technology the guy worked with Nodejs. Thats the problem right there. Tech is getting saturated with a whole gazillion of people who know the same thing. It's the same thing that made andela sack a ton of junior Devs. As of 2014 2015, if you knew small HTML CSS and JavaScript in Nigeria you were a God. Small boys then at Andela with macbooks doing guy. Unfortunately this is the only Industry where job dey so people are struggling to come in. If you think IT is bad wait till you see the nonsense in other Industries.

The best thing for newbies in this industry is to focus on what no one else is working on and do that instead. You will always find work. Leave the cool things alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO1ctUNQ1k8

This is video from YouTube an American advising people against learning python that no one hires junior python devs yet people are learning this language and it's frameworks. Lols.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Geniuses In The House, Please Explain. by remi1444: 10:55pm On Dec 29, 2020
tensazangetsu20:
See the technology the guy worked with Nodejs. Thats the problem right there. Tech is getting saturated with a whole gazillion of people who know the same thing. It's the same thing that made andela sack a ton of junior Devs. As of 2014 2015, if you knew small HTML CSS and JavaScript in Nigeria you were a God. Small boys then at Andela with macbooks doing guy. Unfortunately this is the only Industry where job dey so people are struggling to come in. If you think IT is bad wait till you see the nonsense in other Industries.

The best thing for newbies in this industry is to focus on what no one else is working on and do that instead. You will always find work. Leave the cool things alone.

This is video from YouTube an American advising people against learning python that no one hires junior python devs yet people are learning this language and it's frameworks. Lols.
Can you shed more light about this please?
I'll be glad if you can outline some of these things "no one else is working on "?
Re: Geniuses In The House, Please Explain. by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 29, 2020
remi1444:
Can you shed more light about this please?
I'll be glad if you can outline some of these things "no one else is working on "?
Yes op
Re: Geniuses In The House, Please Explain. by DrBrainstorm(m): 5:54am On Dec 30, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

That video was deep.
What do you think about learning C# in 2021?
Re: Geniuses In The House, Please Explain. by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:00am On Dec 30, 2020
DrBrainstorm:

That video was deep.
What do you think about learning C# in 2021?
C# is an amazing choice.
Re: Geniuses In The House, Please Explain. by remi1444: 7:27am On Dec 30, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

C# is an amazing choice.
top of the morning bro. I quoted you into the other thread you created. I would be glad if you can reply "us".
Re: Geniuses In The House, Please Explain. by cixak95211: 10:06am On Dec 30, 2020
For every "why you should not" . . there is an equal amount of "why you should". I wonder why common sense is not so common afterall. Yuck!
Common sense also dictates that if something is as easily as profitable as it appears to be, then a "gold rush" would occur.
If the gold rush persists after a while, then indeed it's profitable. If it wanes off, it's a flash in the pan.
If there are no individuals there, even selling the shovels, then it's a bigger flash in the pan. Its either you understand these facts, or learn them the hard way. Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ4AOfVMO28

1 Like

Re: Geniuses In The House, Please Explain. by Karleb(m): 11:18am On Dec 30, 2020
cixak95211:
For every "why you should not" . . there is an equal amount of "why you should". I wonder why common sense is not so common afterall. Yuck!
Common sense also dictates that if something is as easily as profitable as it appears to be, then a "gold rush" would occur.
If the gold rush persists after a while, then indeed it's profitable. If it wanes off, it's a flash in the pan.
If there are no individuals there, even selling the shovels, then it's a bigger flash in the pan. Its either you understand these facts, or learn them the hard way. Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ4AOfVMO28

I really wish you'd turn up when people critique a language that isn't python or nodejs for no good reason.
Re: Geniuses In The House, Please Explain. by cixak95211: 11:26am On Dec 30, 2020
Karleb:

I really wish you'd turn up when people critique a language that isn't python or nodejs for no good reason.

Too many threads to go through. Mention me, if the discussion is healthy, i'll be there.
Re: Geniuses In The House, Please Explain. by DrBrainstorm(m): 5:03pm On Dec 30, 2020
tensazangetsu20:

C# is an amazing choice.
Thanks men.
I was just thinking of the language I would learn that would ground me in solid programming practices and earning some few bucks after a little while.

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Data Analyst / This Is How To Make Money As An Affiliate Marketer In Nigeria / Internship Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.