Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,663 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway (19248 Views)

Soldiers Rescue Kidnapped Victims In Zamfara, Kebbi, Kastina And Sokoto / Troops Repel Bandits’ Attack, Neutralise Many On Kaduna-Zaria Highway / Soldiers Rescue Abandoned Child In Ebonyi Who Was Locked Up With Charms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Olawumi1032(f): 9:26am On Dec 01, 2020
ALHAMDULILAHI
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Nobody: 9:26am On Dec 01, 2020
youngeagle:
What's the meaning of this neutralize I keep hearing over years, did they capture them and take them to court or killed them at the spot... Or they just chased them away ni
killed.
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by toffyz(m): 9:28am On Dec 01, 2020
Kudos to them
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by deavicky(m): 9:28am On Dec 01, 2020
owprint:
Where's the evidence
I've learnt not to believe anything that comes out from the Army and Government mouth.
i walk side by side with you.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by mechanics(m): 9:30am On Dec 01, 2020
Kudos to them.
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Ikennamurphy: 9:31am On Dec 01, 2020
youngeagle:
What's the meaning of this neutralize I keep hearing over years, did they capture them and take them to court or killed them at the spot... Or they just chased them away ni
Is intended to confuse you and that's exactly what is happening to you now
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by bisoye11(m): 9:31am On Dec 01, 2020
No where is safe in Nigeria,not even the south.
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 01, 2020
WoeBetide666:
Soldiers engage bandits in shoot-outs on Kaduna highways, rescue 39 kidnap victims – Official

Nigerian soldiers have rescued 39 persons kidnapped on the Kaduna-Zaria highway, the Kaduna State Government said on Monday in a statement that showed the grim security situation in and around the state.

The statement, which contained the feedback the state government said it received from the military authorities on recent military operations in the state, revealed how bandits have laid siege to the major highways in the state.

The state’s Commissioner for Internal Security and Homeland Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, in the statement, said soldiers engaged armed bandits in firefight on the Kaduna-Abuja and Kaduna-Zaria roads in the late hours of Sunday and Monday in the latest of the confrontations.

'At Kwanar Tsintsiya axis of Kaduna-Zaria Road, Igabi local government, troops of 4 Battalion Nigerian Army overpowered the armed bandits that were shooting at motorists plying the route.

'One of the bandits was neutralised while several escaped with bullet wounds. Furthermore, the troops rescued 39 persons travelling to Onitsha from Sokoto from the armed bandits. The troops are still trailing the bandits to areas said to be their enclave..."

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/428785-soldiers-engage-bandits-in-shoot-outs-on-kaduna-highways-rescue-39-kidnap-victims-official.html

Thank you soldiers. I applaud your effort

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by royalexchangear(m): 9:31am On Dec 01, 2020
Good job. Well-done guys.

Are you a freelancer working on fiverr? I can help you exchange your payoneer funds at an exciting rate. Instant cash out.
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Ikennamurphy: 9:31am On Dec 01, 2020
chatinent:
The word “neutralize” is what I don't understand.

Is intended to confuse you and that's exactly what is happening to you now
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Ikennamurphy: 9:32am On Dec 01, 2020
bisoye11:
No where is safe in Nigeria,not even the south.
Lol.. Safety is relative, the south is by far more safer than the north, I'm a southerner living in the north, and I can tell u that what's happening in the north is like Somalia
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by rontolo(m): 9:34am On Dec 01, 2020
Incompetent Army. So incompetent!

‘One bandit Neutralised’. ‘Escaped with gunshot wounds’.

Ours is not a professional military. They are a rag tag. A professional military will chase, hunt down and kill. No tomorrow for those murderers. Our soldiers never seem to possess the capacity to complete missions effectively. Why/how do they escape from a military with vehicles and arms? Do the bandits fly away? Those murders will simply regroup and continue terrorising these defenceless people. BH slaughters 100 defenceless people and you manage to ‘neutralise’ 1 out of 50? Serious?

Nigeria must have the most incapable military in the world right now!

2 Likes

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by nogragra: 9:34am On Dec 01, 2020
VEXT:
FTC
North is gone!!!
Watch out for Hisbah,another growing terrorist..
........gone where? North is finnished and dead like Nigeria the snake they nortured.
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by 2cribz: 9:35am On Dec 01, 2020
If it was south east,u for hear say kidnappers were shot dead. But north na always neutralised. Abegi
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Nobody: 9:37am On Dec 01, 2020
VEXT:
FTC
North is gone!!!
Watch out for Hisbah,another growing terrorist..

Hisbah will turn out to be the new Taliban
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by federal9: 9:39am On Dec 01, 2020
Every same Nigerians know that this current administration has erred. The plan is to remain docile until it is time for another election. Everyone should endure.
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 01, 2020
Planned movie script, kidnapped by soldiers and rescued by soldiers, trying to build up their reputation undecided
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Lashist(m): 9:50am On Dec 01, 2020
Wetin be neutralize??...Nigeria and politics in everything...i know they would never kill these bandits. Not a single one of them will face the law
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Powerfly(f): 9:51am On Dec 01, 2020
youngeagle:

It means the soldiers caught them and shared satchets of Nutri.C to all of them.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by smith1985(m): 9:52am On Dec 01, 2020
Sahara idiot forbids this type of news....I guess they don't have close source on this types of news....no wonder it is coming from premiumtimes...if it were to be negative news Sahara,would have been first to share it claiming it got it from one ghost source.
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Farki: 9:56am On Dec 01, 2020
Good job.
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Yanix84: 9:58am On Dec 01, 2020
Halopy:
undecided I've noticed that anytime there is major attack from the BH, and there is heavy casualty, few days later, we will read in the news that the army has killed some insurgents or they foiled one attacked or they have rescued some kidnapped victim or the other. I see this as mere propaganda or mere damage control. The army under buratai is too weak. Buratai is more involved in politics of Buhari and Apc than in protecting the territorial integrity of Nigeria.

I share the thought a very very long time Ago there is always a news countering any Attack which i always find the timing strange. Transparency is good so that we know how safe we are. I dont want to enter into the Burutai politics but the news timing is always strange to me.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by 2tpick: 10:00am On Dec 01, 2020
youngeagle:
I guess it's the latter. If it happens in Borno, they are terrorists, if it happens in any other northern state they are bandits. If it happens in middle belt or down south, its fulani herdsmen. The only common theme here is that the government sees them as partners
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by capitalzero: 10:02am On Dec 01, 2020
LeitaP:
Kudos to the Nigerian Army. I urge them to not allow themselves to be abused for political gains and dishonor the gallant reputation they have.

Honestly, their actions at the Lekki Toll Gate is a disgrace.

It's a disgraceful thing to attack unarmed people. Rather, attack the terrorists and bandits. That's honorable.

Why are u believing the fake news?
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Cantonese: 10:02am On Dec 01, 2020
Gaddafi1:
The level of killing, kidnapping and insecurity in the North is worrisome and yet all the security chiefs are from the area. I expect them to protest for their sack but then nepotism will never allow it.
The level of poverty is also very high even having occupied the seat of power for so long.
Greatest worry now is that the influx into the southern part is increasing daily, now the south will soon battle with similar proplem.
We have the wrong people at the helm of mm affairs in Naija.
HOW DID WE GET HERE?

They told us that Jonathan did not care because he was not a northerner. They detained Dasuki for 5 years because he chopped allocation for weapons. They told us that boko haram had been technically defeated, technically downgraded, were guerilla fighters. They budgeted billions for security. They told us that in his capacity as a former general + a fine infantry officer in the army, boko haram and armed banditry would be crushed in no time. They told us that the looting by PDP caused us the damage. They promised us cheaper fuel. They told us that electricity was not rocket science. They promised us that the rate of the dollar would crash. What the blind followers did not see was that the prices of brooms everywhere started increasing and almost going out of the reach of the so called poor man. Their poverty inflicting plan started when they were campaigning with brooms. They have tiles brushes for cleaning in their homes. The poor man uses brooms and now see the brooms wahala.

All promises cancelled (APC). All the promises, no one has been achieved with 5 years in power. Banditry has taken the center stage of the north, even with the Sultan of Sokoto telling everyone that the north is the worst place to live. The president is from the north. The service chiefs are from the north. Power sharing has favoured the north over the south. At least out of shame they should show some mercy to their own people. Has defeating boko haram become so hard for our retired infantry officer general? Why has this government found it hard to defeat bandits on the roads and villages? What happened to all the budgets for weapons since 2015?

Anyway Ali Ndume summed it all up. "You do not understand the value of what you have until you lose it", he said. He publicly apologised to GEJ, but could not find the courage to tell his fellow northerner the truth. We have to all endure the wahala while hoping that with a southern president in 2023 the country can get better.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by sonofElElyon: 10:04am On Dec 01, 2020
taken out, disposed off, terminated...

I hope I haven't worsened your confusion?

grin

chatinent:
The word “neutralize” is what I don't understand.

Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Ayo2004: 10:12am On Dec 01, 2020
Audio edited news damage control news grin
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Modarun(m): 10:13am On Dec 01, 2020
When you see the word "Neutralize", just know its propaganda.
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Pimine: 10:24am On Dec 01, 2020
Halopy:
undecided I've noticed that anytime there is major attack from the BH, and there is heavy casualty, few days later, we will read in the news that the army has killed some insurgents or they foiled one attacked or they have rescued some kidnapped victim or the other. I see this as mere propaganda or mere damage control. The army under buratai is too weak. Buratai is more involved in politics of Buhari and Apc than in protecting the territorial integrity of Nigeria.
Aswearugaaad

Just what I was about to say before I came across your comment. It has become a pattern. I believe those people were paid a maximum of 500 worthless naira to do photoshoot grin
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Originalsly: 10:26am On Dec 01, 2020
Hmmmm..... soldiers.... soldiers who are trained specifically to shoot to kill.... engaged in a fire fight with ordinary bandits ... can kill only one bandit while the rest escape. Why even go after them?... to do what? And we wonder why BH is not afraid of our ehmmm..... galant soldiers.
Re: Soldiers Rescue 39 Kidnapped Passengers On Kaduna-Zaria Highway by Pimine: 10:27am On Dec 01, 2020
rontolo:
Incompetent Army. So incompetent!

‘One bandit Neutralised’. ‘Escaped with gunshot wounds’.

Ours is not a professional military. They are a rag tag. A professional military will chase, hunt down and kill. No tomorrow for those murderers. Our soldiers never seem to possess the capacity to complete missions effectively. [b]Why/how do they escape from a military with vehicles and arms? Do the bandits fly away? [/b]Those murders will simply regroup and continue terrorising these defenceless people. BH slaughters 100 defenceless people and you manage to ‘neutralise’ 1 out of 50? Serious?

Nigeria must have the most incapable military in the world right now!
Aswearugaaad

They woulda been shot down had they attempted to fly so I think they vanished. Na only bakassi boys fii catch them grin. NA don cast finish walahi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Give Ladies Free Ride With My Company’s Car, Just To Rob Them - Driver / CRIMINAL ALERT: Fake Police/efcc Alhaji Gay (tunji Alaso) See Photo / Chinweuba Moses, Lawyer Brutalized By Policemen Attached To A Lawmaker In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.