Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? (432 Views)

Why Are My Prayers Not Answered?? / Why Are Prayers Not Answered? - A Challenge To Theists / Reasons Our Prayers Are Not Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by IamEmmanuell: 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2020
If our Sins can be recorded Immediately
They why can't our prayers be answered immediately..
Why those it takes Days, Weeks, Months, and Years for our Payers to be answered but when we sin it is recorded Immediately.
Pls i need an Answer to this..
I have been praying for a while for a particular Favour from God but it seems my Prayer Request are sent to voicemail.
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by Missyajoke(f): 2:26pm On Dec 01, 2020
God will answer at his own time and his own way. Don't stress it
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:54pm On Dec 01, 2020
IamEmmanuell:

Why those it takes Days, Weeks, Months, and Years for our Payers to be answered but when we sin it is recorded Immediately.
I have been praying for a while for a particular Favour from God but it seems my Prayer Request are sent to voicemail.

So The Lord God is your P.A, Houseboy and "Is that Reception, please can I have 4 Plates Stewed Fish, 2 Wraps of Pounded Yam with Goat Meat and 4 Bottles of Heineken"? lipsrsealed

Kai! You people have No Respect or Fear At All. And God is Good oh, too Good even, that He still Answers the Prayers even if it is later, it is Proof of His Goodness!

When my children did this shit when they were little, they know, what I did in Answer or is it my mother and father, let me stop here!
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by FatherOfJesus: 3:38pm On Dec 01, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

So The Lord God is your P.A, Houseboy and "Is that Reception, please can I have 4 Plates Stewed Fish, 2 Wraps of Pounded Yam with Goat Meat and 4 Bottles of Heineken"? lipsrsealed

Kai! You people have No Respect or Fear At All. And God is Good oh, too Good even, that He still Answers the Prayers even if it is later, it is Proof of His Goodness!

When my children did this shit when they were little, they know, what I did in Answer or is it my mother and father, let me stop here!
The truth is that prayers are never answered because no God listens to them.
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:25pm On Dec 01, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
The truth is that prayers are never answered because no God listens to them.

Prayers are Not Answered because you Disobey and Commit Offences in addition.

Because I learnt early on how to Obey God's Laws, All My Prayers are Always Answered and I Do have everything I Requested for eg found my Wife, desired to Always work with my wife (so as to avoid cheating) Granted, hated traffic and working under others so that I can fully utilise my gift of skill, Granted, I work at convenience Only not suffer-suffer work, Granted etc.

How The Lord has Answered me, I can not tell them All!

And this is One of The Laws of Answered Prayers 1) "Evil pursueth Sinners"!

2 "The prayers of a sinful man, Shall Not Be Heard. It is even an Abomination unto The Lord"!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by truespeak: 4:43pm On Dec 01, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Because I learnt early on how to Obey God's Laws, All My Prayers are Always Answered and I Do have everything I Requested for eg found my Wife, desired to Always work with my wife (so as to avoid cheating) Granted, hated traffic and working under others so that I can fully utilise my gift of skill, Granted, I work at convenience Only not suffer-suffer work, Granted etc.

2 "The prayers of a sinful man, Shall Not Be Heard. It is even an Abomination unto The Lord"!

True, brother.

Same here. All my Prayers Granted!

Slaved All my life, asked God to Set Me Free from my Slavers. He did!

Had no possessions, nothing I could call mine. Now I am the Holder of Possessions!

Was Alone in all my tribulations! Now I am enlarged with Bands!

All of this without any input of mine! And without having to struggle as the World teaches!

The Word of God is True Forever!

The key is Righteousness, be innocent of evil.

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil. 1 Peter 3:12
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by Dtruthspeaker: 4:48pm On Dec 01, 2020
truespeak:

True, brother.

Same here. All my Prayers Granted!

Slaved All my life, asked God to Set Me Free from my Slavers. He did!

Had no possessions, nothing I could call mine. Now I am the Holder of Possessions!

Was Alone in all my tribulations! Now I am enlarged with Bands!

All of this without any input of mine! And without having to struggle as the World teaches!

The Word of God is True Forever!

The key is Righteousness, be innocent of evil.

For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil. 1 Peter 3:12

The Word of The Lord is True Indeed!
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:09pm On Dec 01, 2020
According to God's only begotten SON there are specific things that's of interest to his father and so we need to know those things first before constructing our prayers because if such prayer is not in harmony with God's will then the one praying has been misinformed about the true God! undecided

IamEmmanuell:

Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by Kobojunkiee: 7:33pm On Dec 01, 2020
IamEmmanuell:

God, as part of His New Covenant, never promised that answers would come when we expect it - the promise is that answers will indeed come, and this promise is to those who are followers of Jesus Christ in Spirit and in Truth - are led by the Spirit of God to live in obedience of the commandments of Jesus Christ, the New Covenant. For instance, if I asked God to give me something in May, but God instead gives it to me in November, does it mean God did not answer? No, He, indeed, kept His word, just not according to my wrist-watch, but His own timing.

As for sin, well, the moment you ask for forgiveness, it is forgiven you.. blotted away and so it should not be seen as hindrance to answers since you can instantly have it removed from your heart.

By the way, God is not a God of Favor - His mercy and compassion fall like rain on every single man out there... wicked and righteous alike. So when you ask, ask according to the commandment of Jesus Christ and not some other assumed rule.
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by Bacteriologist(m): 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2020
Because gods do not exist and prayer works merely at the rate of chance.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by FatherOfJesus: 8:18pm On Dec 01, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

if prayers are answered, the poverty rate in Nigeria will not increase steadily over the years. grin
A prayerless China will not be giving us loans every now and then cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:35pm On Dec 01, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
if prayers are answered, the poverty rate in Nigeria will not increase steadily over the years. grin
A prayerless China will not be giving us loans every now and then cheesy

grin Change of Post!

Anyway, the Poverty in Nigeria is not one needing prayers the same as China's! grin
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:37pm On Dec 01, 2020
Bacteriologist:
Because gods do not exist and prayer works merely at the rate of chance.

grin Prayers work and Chance, in one sentence?

Anyway, I understand! grin
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by FatherOfJesus: 8:50pm On Dec 01, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

grin Change of Post!

Anyway, the Poverty in Nigeria is not one needing prayers the same as China's! grin
it means our prayers only works to borrow money from a non-praying nation like China grin

Prayer really works

1 Like

Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by jesmond3945: 9:32pm On Dec 01, 2020
IamEmmanuell:

most of the things we pray about God has already solved it but we are blinded to see it. Also, Nigerians are very selfish in prayer, always wanting their will to be done. I would have loved to know the favour you are seeking for
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by Kobojunkiee: 2:04am On Dec 02, 2020
jesmond3945:
most of the things we pray about God has already solved it but we are blinded to see it .

That is a lie told you by your so-called Pastors and Preachers! Sorry, when God answers your prayers, you know He has answered your prayers. Same way, when unbelievers achieve their goal, there is nothing vague about it.
jesmond3945:
Also, Nigerians are very selfish in prayer, always wanting their will to be done. I would have loved to know the favour you are seeking for
Jesus Christ said ALL THINGS, not some things! You nullify the power of God in your life when you try to change His law in some way to suit what someone else told you instead. God is against those who do that.

And asking, that Jesus Christ commanded, has nothing to do with asking favours but more to do with making your needs/want known to your Father, who is in Heaven. The same rules apply to all those who follow Him.
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by jesmond3945: 10:14am On Dec 02, 2020
Kobojunkiee:

That is a lie told you by your so-called Pastors and Preachers! Sorry, when God answers your prayers, you know He has answered your prayers. Same way, when unbelievers achieve their goal, there is nothing vague about it.
Jesus Christ said ALL THINGS, not some things! You nullify the power of God in your life when you try to change His law in some way to suit what someone else told you instead. God is against those who do that.

And asking, that Jesus Christ commanded, has nothing to do with asking favours but more to do with making your needs/want known to your Father, who is in Heaven. The same rules apply to all those who follow Him.
go and sit down my friend. Is only in Nigeria people pray for electricity, water, good road and job, quality education. You would vote for bad leaders and go to church to give them knight and then turn around and blame God when you get accident for t junction. Jesus Christ is now your house boy, don't go and read your Bible very well.
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by Kobojunkiee: 11:20am On Dec 02, 2020
jesmond3945:
go and sit down my friend. Is only in Nigeria people pray for electricity, water, good road and job, quality education. You would vote for bad leaders and go to church to give them knight and then turn around and blame God when you get accident for t junction. Jesus Christ is now your house boy, don't go and read your Bible very well.
I honestly don't even know what you are on about. What does asking for your needs/wants as He commanded to do with Him being your houseboy? He told you to give up all you are, all you have, family, friends, securities, etc. and instead trust Him to be your helper and provider, even as far as the food you eat every day, and here you are telling me that asking Him to provide according to His promise is akin to having Him as your Houseboy? undecided
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by Phraences: 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2020
Nigerian prayers are always about job and money. And it's because of the bad government and economy.

IamEmmanuell:

Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by Phraences: 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2020
jesmond3945:

You have a point. The economy has turned Nigerians to prayer warriors. Sometimes we need to take action with our leaders rather than praying.

Kobojunkiee:
I honestly don't even know what you are on about. What does asking for your needs/wants as He commanded to do with Him being your houseboy? He told you to give up all you are, all you have, family, friends, securities, etc. and instead trust Him to be your helper and provider, even as far as the food you eat every day, and here you are telling me that asking Him to provide according to His promise is akin to having Him as your Houseboy? undecided

You also have a point. When Jesus came he did miracles so people will believe. If he had come with word of mouth, he would not have been taken seriously. What's the point of my father being God of all the earth and i can't boast of favor or blessings or good things. O wrong now!
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by jesmond3945: 6:58pm On Dec 02, 2020
Kobojunkiee:
he has given you answers to your prayers. How can somebody be asking God for money when he said he would bless the work of your hands. You would not work but want to drive venza. Asking God to help you work better or asking God for ability to forgive and love is a more better prayer than all these selfish prayers. Jesus was a carpenter, paul a tent maker, peter a fisherman. Finally, who did you vote into power? They are the cause of hunger in the land. Spend your time helping others to eat because that's the answer to somebody's prayer.
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by Kobojunkiee: 7:50pm On Dec 02, 2020
jesmond3945:
he has given you answers to your prayers. How can somebody be asking God for money when he said he would bless the work of your hands. You would not work but want to drive venza. Asking God to help you work better or asking God for ability to forgive and love is a more better prayer than all these selfish prayers. Jesus was a carpenter, paul a tent maker, peter a fisherman. Finally, who did you vote into power? They are the cause of hunger in the land. Spend your time helping others to eat because that's the answer to somebody's prayer.
Who I voted for or did not vote for does not handicap God in anyway -- God is not limited by the politics of this world. He exists above all our individual choices and opinions.

God's New Covenant commandments, along with it's promises, seals etc. exists above all - He does not first consult human opinion or situation before He decides whose prayer to answer and whose not to respond to. If the same God already showers His mercy on all wicked and ungrateful from the very beginning, How much more on those who belong to Him... those who are led by His Spirit in obedience to His commandments? If the same God answers even the prayers of unbelievers, how much more the prayer of those who ask according to His Will and commandment? These are meant as questions for you to ponder.
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by Kobojunkiee: 8:02pm On Dec 02, 2020
Phraences:
You have a point. The economy has turned Nigerians to prayer warriors. Sometimes we need to take action with our leaders rather than praying.
Jesus Christ never called anyone of His followers to becoming Prayer warriors either on His behalf or anyone else's for that matter, and He certainly did not call you as individuals on behalf of any Nation or People. So, your choice to take action or not with your Nigerian leaders is all you and has nothing to do with what Jesus Christ has commanded of you as His followers.
Phraences:
You also have a point. When Jesus came he did miracles so people will believe. If he had come with word of mouth, he would not have been taken seriously. What's the point of my father being God of all the earth and i can't boast of favor or blessings or good things. O wrong now!
If you want to protest God's word, then take it up with Him. All I know is what He commanded and promised and I have come to understand that sometimes the answers arrive even before we ask, and other times, the answers come much later than when we asked. He did not stipulate a particular period of expectation, We, as servants of the Master, need also learn to wait on, and trust our master, obediently.

P.S. God does not do anyone any favours... He gives freely to all people. His mercy and compassion fall on every living being.. not on some since God is not a God of favouritism.
Re: Why Is Our Prayers Not Always Answered On Time?? by MuttleyLaff: 10:26pm On Dec 02, 2020
IamEmmanuell:
Why those it takes Days, Weeks, Months, and Years for our Prayers to be answered but when we sin it is recorded Immediately.
"One day Jesus told his disciples a story to show that they should always pray and never give up
(i.e. And He told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart.)

- Luke 18:1

"17Never stop praying.
18Whatever happens, give thanks,
because it is God's will in Christ Jesus that you do this
"
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

"Pray in the Spirit? your [spirit." > in every situation.
Use every kind of prayer and request there is.
For the same reason be alert. Use every kind of effort and make every kind of request for all of God's people.]

- Ephesians 6:18

God hasn't got a voicemail system. You probably weren't praying in the Spirit. Prayers would become amiss and go unanswered, defo, if you've prayed in isolation of praying in the spirit. This means you've possibly being doing self-indulgent prayers and not doing any of the "not My will, but Thine, be done" prayers

Mind you, please don't slip on the "Praying in the spirit" banana skin, of thinking that "praying in the spirit" is as same as, the gift of speaking in tongues or praying in tongue. No they aren't.

The "If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels" from 1 Corinthians 13:1 and 1 Corinthians 14:14 remark about "For if I pray in a tongue" were used in the context of a postulation and have nothing to do with "praying in the spirit"

Give me a list of your prayers not always answered on time and I will return the favour with listing your prayers always answered on time three times (e.g. for your 5 list, I'll give you 15 lists in return)

Missyajoke:
God will answer at His own time and His own way. Don't stress it
[img]https://s5/images/ezgif-2-bb81ab7ea10d.gif[/img]
"14We are certain God will hear our prayers when we ask for what pleases Him.
15And if we know God listens, when we pray,
we are sure our prayers have already been answered."
- 1 John 5:14-15

(1) (Reply)

The Most Powerful Person On Earth / Crossover Night: The Nigerian Tradition / The Truth About Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.