Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:45 PM

Reps To Invite British High Commissioner Over Comment Made About Gowon - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps To Invite British High Commissioner Over Comment Made About Gowon (267 Views)

There's Something Strange About Gowon / How Malami Rebuffed UK High Commissioner Over Kanu’s Arrest / BREAKING: FG Summons South Africa High Commissioner Over Xenophobic Attacks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps To Invite British High Commissioner Over Comment Made About Gowon by ExAngel007(f): 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2020
The House of Representatives has reached a
resoution of inviting the British High
Commissioner to Nigeria, Catriona Laing over
the recent comment made by a British lawmaker
against former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon.

The resolution was reached following a motion
from a lawmaker Yusuf Gagdi, who is from the
same constituency as the former head of state.

Recall that the British lawmaker had
on November 23, accused Gowon of taking half
of the money in the Central Bank of Nigeria
with him when he went on exile.

The Nigerian lawmakers who will be seeking an
explanation from the British envoy on why no
apology has been issued despite calls for
same, mandated the Committee on Foreign
Affairs to interface with the Foreign Affairs
Committee of the British parliament over the
comments.

The house of representatives members averred
that the allegation of looting is capable of
causing a crisis in Nigeria and disturb the peace
of the country.

Following the adoption of Gagdi’s motion, the
House also asked the Speaker, Femi
Gbajabiamila to write to Speaker of UK
Parliament to express displeasure over the
unfounded allegations.

He will also be demanding that the Member of
Parliament who made the allegation, should
offer a public apology to Gowon as well as the
people and government of Nigeria.

https://www.channelstv.com/2020/12/01/gowon-reps-to-invite-british-high-commissioner-to-nigeria-demand-apology/

Re: Reps To Invite British High Commissioner Over Comment Made About Gowon by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 01, 2020
grin.. This topic still dey trend? LOL... . I have nothing to say but to LOL.. grin.. COS I DON'T GIVE A F***! kiss

God bless us all..

1 Like

Re: Reps To Invite British High Commissioner Over Comment Made About Gowon by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 01, 2020
Rubber stamp Reps.

Useless idiots

1 Like

Re: Reps To Invite British High Commissioner Over Comment Made About Gowon by Designsking: 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2020
Good one. But my fear is that this man might have cooked up this theory from his source whether true or fails. Because I'm not sure he wasn't drunk when he said it
Re: Reps To Invite British High Commissioner Over Comment Made About Gowon by Perfectsouth(m): 4:06pm On Dec 01, 2020
Are these people this stupid?
They should also invite shekau, let's hear his own part of story why they keep killing people after they've been technically defeated
Re: Reps To Invite British High Commissioner Over Comment Made About Gowon by Moferere: 4:10pm On Dec 01, 2020
OOzz:
Rubber stamp Reps.

Useless idiots

Any small thing, na to abuse?

It says a lot about your parenting. undecided
Re: Reps To Invite British High Commissioner Over Comment Made About Gowon by helinues: 4:11pm On Dec 01, 2020
Abi, let him come and clarify himself
Re: Reps To Invite British High Commissioner Over Comment Made About Gowon by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 01, 2020
Moferere:

Any small thing, my mama go abuse my papa

It says a lot about her parenting. undecided

Sorry for ur father
Re: Reps To Invite British High Commissioner Over Comment Made About Gowon by sapientia(m): 4:18pm On Dec 01, 2020
Our AG went to UK to defend Ibori.

They know all of you are jokers.

Nigeria is burning and an allegation against Gowon is your major headache.

As if Gowon was not a thief.

You are just angry they said half of CBN.

yeye people.

(1) (Reply)

Bandits Disrupt Voting In Zamfara By-election / BREAKING; Nigerian Ambassador To USA, Sylvanus Nsofor Is Dead @ 85 / Engage Local Professionals To Rescue Economy, APBN Urges FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.