Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year (15652 Views)

4,000 Flights, 250,000 Passengers Recorded At Chinua Achebe Airport In Anambra / Ibom Air Celebrate 500,000 Passengers After 23 Months Of Operation / Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by PoliticalHunter: 11:08am On Dec 06, 2020
Nothing to be surprised abt here.
Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 06, 2020
Classworked:

Are you from AKWA IBOM?
No
But I cherish them a lot.
They have got a Beautiful Culture and the most respectful Ladies in Southern Nigeria.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by Nobody: 11:10am On Dec 06, 2020
VEXT:
Nice one... Shame to those stupid haters that keep saying what's the use of airport to the poor masses!!
An average Poor man's problem in Nigeria is how to swallow GARRI, gather strength to impregnate the next available woman. So don't blame the poor man's ideology in Nigeria grin grin grin grin grin.

4 Likes

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by Classworked(m): 11:11am On Dec 06, 2020
EVILFOREST:

No
But I cherish them a lot.
They have got a Beautiful Culture and the most respectful Ladies in Southern Nigeria.

Wow, just wow.
Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by MozB: 11:12am On Dec 06, 2020
Ayade, Ayade, Ayade!!!! How many times did i call you? Learn..

3 Likes

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by ologodidanalbum(f): 11:16am On Dec 06, 2020
Good news today

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by Cassie74: 11:17am On Dec 06, 2020
What I love about them is that they always keep to their departure time...always..and of course clean interior and working air-condition and your sure of refreshment once you disembark. Can't imagine boarding any other local aircraft for now sha. 3 gbosa

6 Likes

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by kingreign(m): 11:18am On Dec 06, 2020
Ozinlex:
300,000 × N24,000 = 7.2 billion naira minus the cost.

The AkwaIbom State government might still be raking in huge profit .

Nice one from this lovely state that has been privileged to have good governors
7.2b when you calculate the cost of maintenance of these jets, fueling, staff earning, taxation and landing fees then you'd know that amount is very poor.

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:20am On Dec 06, 2020
Ibom air that still gets budgeted for every year

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:21am On Dec 06, 2020
Bhd
Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by Ayemileto(m): 11:21am On Dec 06, 2020
Good, Very good.

Meanwhile, we're yet to see Nigeria Air launched by Saint Buhari after spending billions on logo. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 06, 2020
Classworked:

Wow, just wow.
Yessss ooo.
I encountered many during my service year.
I was amazed at their respect.
It appears an average Akwa Ibom Lady is trained from birth to see men as gods. They respect a lot.
Even when you don't have, they rarely complain.

Then I had neighbors who hailed from Akwa Ibom.
They were ever ready to COOK for the entire neighborhood. And they made sure they shared these meals to everyone irrespective of your contributions.

Imagine what would have happened if PETER OBI's wife hailed from Anambra...?
We would have been hearing her voice more than that of her husband.
Akwa Ibom Ladies are just bred that way.
I envy their Ladies.
I had them as 1st choice when I was considering marriage.

4 Likes

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:24am On Dec 06, 2020
EVILFOREST:
Yet they will say the Governor Lacks Vision..
That's Job creation as well as those factories
People have to be kept busy to avert crimes.

What vision is there, Ibom air is jus free transport for the elite,Aks has highest unemployment rate in nigeria,

The next time there is protest the poor may go there and burn it down, because they know that it serves only the rich elite, same way with 5star hotel

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:27am On Dec 06, 2020
VEXT:
Nice one... Shame to those stupid haters that keep saying what's the use of airport to the poor masses!!

Instead of sayin shame, u may answer the question, a state with the highest unemployment rate in the country, how does an airport solve their problem?

The airline employes not up to 50 peoole, yet every year, it is budgeted for in the states budget, why is it not operating on its own...Why did they budget billions for it for the 2021 fiscal year?
Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by Nobody: 11:27am On Dec 06, 2020
NtoAkwaIbom:

What vision is there, Ibom air is jus free transport for the elite,Aks has highest unemployment rate in nigeria,

The next time there is protest the poor may go there and burn it down, because they know that it serves only the rich elite, same way with 5star hotel
It will also serve the POOR when they become RICH.
After all same Governor is busy setting up companies

Don't ever think POVERTY is your birthright or genetic.....
Purge yourself of that mentality.
I was not born RICH, I hawked cold drinks in Nigeria, but today I can boast of wealth.
At least I am a comfortable man.
Married to a Rich and hardworking Lady too.
Reside in my apartment and tour the world too.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by akilo1: 11:30am On Dec 06, 2020
Audio passenger

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:32am On Dec 06, 2020
Kalapizim:
I like their success story too.

Our state has one of the most disconnect between realities on ground and what you read in the news.

We have a world class health facility, our elite still fly abroad, yet the poor cant afford,
We have a 5star hotel, politicians use it for free for their occasion, running the busines down.

The govt needs to try out things that directly affect the people, not things that make the state look good on paper while its hell to its people

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by Classworked(m): 11:32am On Dec 06, 2020
EVILFOREST:

Yessss ooo.
I encountered many during my service year.
I was amazed at their respect.
It appears an average Akwa Ibom Lady is trained from birth to see men as gods. They respect a lot.
Even when you don't have, they rarely complain.

Then I had neighbors who hailed from Akwa Ibom.
They were ever ready to COOK for the entire neighborhood. And they made sure they shared these meals to everyone irrespective of your contributions.

Imagine what would have happened if PETER OBI's wife hailed from Anambra...?
We would have been hearing her voice more than that of her husband.
Akwa Ibom Ladies are just bred that way.
I envy their Ladies.
I had them as 1st choice when I was considering marriage.

Are you married yet? If you are married, is your wife an AKWA-IBOM woman? If she's not, why did you not marry your first choice?

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:38am On Dec 06, 2020
EVILFOREST:

It will also serve the POOR when they become RICH.
After all same Governor is busy setting up companies

Don't ever think POVERTY is your birthright or genetic.....
Purge yourself of that mentality.
I was not born RICH, I hawked cold drinks in Nigeria, but today I can boast of wealth.
At least I am a comfortable man.
Married to a Rich and hardworking Lady too.
Reside in my apartment and tour the world too.

Which company? Audio company,? Guy this is my state, and i live here, everyone in uyo knows that udom is a scsm, come and listen to the radio for one single day and see things for yourself.

How will we get rich when the work in the air lines and other projects are slots for the rich political elite?
Go to ibom plaza and see youths doin nothin, how will they get work and be rich wen there is none...

They will kidnap the rich sha, and be rich by ransome, thats how all society ends up solving the inequality..
You either give people work or sooner or later, they create work for themselves and force you to pay them under threat of death

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by abnot: 11:42am On Dec 06, 2020
Saying one thing and doing another . Ethiopian and emirates built a hub in their respective cities. Ibom air is building a hub out of Lagos . From uyo they only fly to two destinations (Abuja and Lagos ) whereas from Lagos they fly to Enugu , uyo , calabar , Abuja and other destinations they are planning . Thus they are building a hub in Lagos and not uyo. Same way airpeace claimed to want to build a hub in Enugu but in real sense Lagos is their hub.
Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by Btruth: 11:43am On Dec 06, 2020
Impressive. This are kind of story that make me happy.

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by Nukilia: 11:44am On Dec 06, 2020
VEXT:
You dey mind the brainwashed Almajiris criticising the development of airports in the states. grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by isahsalee: 11:45am On Dec 06, 2020
Audio plane audio passengers!!!
Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by abnot: 11:45am On Dec 06, 2020
NtoAkwaIbom:

Which company? Audio company,? Guy this is my state, and i live here, everyone in uyo knows that udom is a scsm, come and listen to the radio for one single day and see things for yourself.

How will we get rich when the work in the air lines and other projects are slots for the rich political elite?
Go to ibom plaza and see youths doin nothin, how will they get work and be rich wen there is none...

They will kidnap the rich sha, and be rich by ransome, thats how all society ends up solving the inequality..
You either give people work or sooner or later, they create work for themselves and force you to pay them under threat of death
I don’t doubt you one bit even though I don’t know udom or been to akwa ibom. Udom believes the elite are humans and others are animals. Go and ask about udom in zenith bank and they’ll tell you how he treated the non-elite junior staff during his time there

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by Glaswegian: 11:45am On Dec 06, 2020
Flown them at least 15 times in the past 18 months. Easily Nigeria’s best at the moment.

3 Likes

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by VEXT: 11:50am On Dec 06, 2020
NtoAkwaIbom:

Instead of sayin shame, u may answer the question, a state with the highest unemployment rate in the country, how does an airport solve their problem?

The airline employes not up to 50 peoole, yet every year, it is budgeted for in the states budget, why is it not operating on its own...Why did they budget billions for it for the 2021 fiscal year?
Baba,no job for naija... Except if you get connection...
Have been to Uyo last two weeks ago,to see a uncle of mine ,who happen to be a former senator ...To be honest,that state is developing... One of the best state in the south...

2 Likes

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:50am On Dec 06, 2020
Classworked:

Are you married yet? If you are married, is your wife an AKWA-IBOM woman? If she's not, why did you not marry your first choice?

He is married, but not from akwa ibom...
He married a rich woman
Our people are generous, but people dont get rich by cooking for community on a daily without getting return on investment.

People will drain you, but then who will marry a woman whom instead of saving will be using the little you have for community feeding.Itipeke nangha
Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by abnot: 11:53am On Dec 06, 2020
Cassie74:
What I love about them is that they always keep to their departure time...always..and of course clean interior and working air-condition and your sure of refreshment once you disembark. Can't imagine boarding any other local aircraft for now sha. 3 gbosa

Have you wondered why every airline keeps to time when they are new in the business and begin to disappoint afterwards? Same fate awaits ibom air. They currently operate only 4 or 5 routes with about 7 aircrafts. The moment they expand their operations you’ll find that they won’t be able to maintain punctuality.

This happens because when operating maximally in aviation you have one aircraft serving multiple cities in a day thus any delay in the value chain disrupts flight schedules . When you have one aircraft leave Lagos at 6:30 am to arrive Abuja at 7:30am and leave Abuja at 7:15am to arrive uyo at 8am and leave uyo at 9:00am to Kano and so on. In this value chain if your fuel supplier disappoints you along the way your passengers across different cities will encounter delays throughout the day.

All airlines in Nigeria go through this phase including the virgin Atlantic powered virgin Nigeria. Ibom air is currently loss making as there aircrafts are on the ground most of the time.
Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by Ekemeze: 11:53am On Dec 06, 2020

1 Like

Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:54am On Dec 06, 2020
VEXT:

Baba,no job for naija... Except if you get connection...
Have been to Uyo last two weeks ago,to see a uncle of mine ,who happen to be a former senator ...To be honest,that state is developing... One of the best state in the south...

Sure, but most of the development you see was done by Godswill akpabio, Udom is yet to begin and complete a single project, and i am not overstating it,

Akpabio constructed all the roads you rode on, Udom began projects since his inception. He is yet to commision any, the state is a graveyard of uncompleted projects currently.

Akwa Ibom is really beautiful, very very, but its tge work of Godswill mostly, thats y he is still revered in the state
Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by VEXT: 11:55am On Dec 06, 2020
NtoAkwaIbom:

Sure, but most of the development you see was done by Godswill akpabio, Udom is yet to begin and complete a single project, and i am not overstating it,

Akpabio constructed all the roads you rode on, Udom began projects since his inception. He is yet to commision any, the state is a graveyard of uncompleted projects currently.

Akwa Ibom is really beautiful, very very, but its tge work of Godswill mostly, thats y he is still revered in the state

Okay...
Re: Ibom Air Records 300,000 Passengers In One Year by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 11:58am On Dec 06, 2020
abnot:

Have you wondered why every airline keeps to time when they are new in the business and begin to disappoint afterwards? Same fate awaits ibom air. They currently operate only 4 or 5 routes with about 7 aircrafts. The moment they expand their operations you’ll find that they won’t be able to maintain punctuality.

This happens because when operating maximally in aviation you have one aircraft serving multiple cities in a day thus any delay in the value chain disrupts flight schedules . When you have one aircraft leave Lagos at 6:30 am to arrive Abuja at 7:30am and leave Abuja at 7:15am to arrive uyo at 8am and leave uyo at 9:00am to Kano and so on. In this value chain if your fuel supplier disappoints you along the way your passengers across different cities will encounter delays throughout the day.

All airlines in Nigeria go through this phase including the virgin Atlantic powered virgin Nigeria. Ibom air is currently loss making as there aircrafts are on the ground most of the time.

Finally someone with an idea, Akwa Ibom air is currently running at a loss, it is being maintained by the government using state funds to keep it running, the business sense of it, is yet to be felt, it was meant to be a means of revenue generation not revenue depletion.

That's why Nigerian air didn't work, once a govt keeps up funding it, the business people become lax, and don't fight as hard as they would if they knew that uts either they make profit or close shop.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fuel Tanker Explodes In Gombe (Photos) / Cheap Flight From Nigeria To USA / Accident Kills Man In Tarhembe, Benue State (Graphic Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.