Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! (1807 Views)

How I Got Born-again (Christians Only) / The Wrath Of God: Discussion About Hell - Strictly Christians Only / Testimonies Are Welcome Here From Christians Only. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by mantraa: 10:59pm On Mar 22, 2011
Or maybe a specific denomination of christians such as Catholics only, or Mormons only, or pentacostals only, or Jehovah witnesses only, etc.

Or do you expect to see a sign saying Muslims only?

Do you believe that everybody who is not a believer in your particular doctrine is going to be turned away and sent to hell to be burned and tortured indefinitely?

Respects
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by obowunmi(m): 11:02pm On Mar 22, 2011
No such thing as heaven, so there will be no gates.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Nobody: 11:59pm On Mar 22, 2011
Only those who have come to the cross through Jesus and who He has written their name in the book of life (aka Heaven's guestbook).

You don't have to have given offering.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Sweetnecta: 1:28am On Mar 23, 2011
^^^^^ if their permanent residence is 'the heaven' what logic is their to have the names in 'guestbook' of that very heaven?
did jesus come to his position through 'cross', 'guestbook', etc as you ae recommending for others? did noah experience the same cross and guestbook?

the worst kind of offering is the offering of the life of a man. yet animal offering, the blood and the flesh, neither The Merciful needs to show Mercy and Forgiveness, except sincere repentance and obedience to Him afterward, incuding in worship.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by mantraa: 3:31pm On Mar 23, 2011
What i would like to know is.

If there is a heaven, and it is for christians only, when i die will i be given the chance to convert before i enter?

Also, What if the sign says "Muslims Only", will all non-muslims be given the chance to convert before they enter or be thrown into the lake of fire?

All opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Nobody: 4:19pm On Mar 23, 2011
Religion is pointless.

Even a muslim (as it is a lifestyle) can accept Jesus as lord and saviour of their soul. This is the most important thing as when they do that, he can then guide them into wherever he needs them to be.
It has nothing to do with what religion you are in. Even some "christians" today will be in for a shock when they get there. It is not about going to church.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by mantraa: 5:09pm On Mar 23, 2011
^^^^
Ok. so do you believe that all paths can lead you to God or heaven?

You dont need to follow any particular 'holy' book.

So long as you are a good person.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Nobody: 5:39pm On Mar 23, 2011
^^ That's clearly not what I said.

Look. If you ask anybody if they think they are good. Their answer is "yes". That is simply because the human mind has a very short memory span. They've forgotten acts of selfishness that even they don't feel anything wrong by. One example being the dissolution of marriages for no real cause other than "we don't love each other anymore" or "it's for the best". Who's best? the children involved?

See I used to think I was a saint until I asked God to reveal my heart to me, and he put me in an adventure that made me see fully that I was, by myself, actually a nasty human being. There is a reason why pride is the greatest sin, as this was the root of Satan's fall. A lot of people pride themselves in being "good people" but never bother to enlist the help of God to judge themselves with his light and see what they really are, because if you are in darkness, you can't really see that exzema growing on your arm can you? Unless you ask for light to see.

And God is a consuming fire. You can't get close to him with sin in you, and it is the nature of man to be sinful since the fall, knowingly or unknowingly.
By heavenly laws, the payment for sin is the eternal death of the one that sinned, i.e the human race. This is why God came down as Jesus (human), being sinless(God), died for the one that sinned (humans), but then could not remain eternally dead because in him was no sin as he is God, thereby creating a "rip" in the law that created what we have now come to enjoy as the a)payment of our sins and b)grace.

You only have to look at the Old testament to see that God wasn't playing around with people too much  angry
Anyone who dared curse God then could pretty much just die right there. Hence Job's friends telling him to "curse God and die".
Now we see people raising up their voices to blaspheme God, but God mostly today holds back his wrath/justice because A) this is the period of grace B) It extends to all sinners as God is calling all to repentance and to accept Jesus(God) as the one who paid for the sins of their souls before they hit the last line where there is no more grace, which is when they leave this world and are no longer "human", but just souls. In that state, that soul would have to be sent to the place that is the culmination of all souls with unpaid sins (as they did not agree to the payment already made for them) unaccepted by God, including demons/fallen angels, which is hell.

HOWEVER, if this soul had actively accepted Jesus as its lord and personal savior, Jesus has already paid for it's freedom and so that soul is free indeed to enter into kingdom of God and continue in all that God planned for it.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by mantraa: 6:33pm On Mar 23, 2011
Ok. sorry i misunderstood what you were saying. Thanks for clarrifying.

So you believe that accepting Jesus as your lord and personal savior is the only way into heaven.

Will all those billions of people around the world who do not, be turned away and sent to hell? Including all muslims, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Humanists, etc etc.

Would you be destined for hell if you were born in china and spent all your life as a buddhist for example?
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2011
I know God is just in his judgement.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by obowunmi(m): 6:39pm On Mar 23, 2011
mantraa:

Would you be destined for hell if you were born in china and spent all your life as a buddhist for example?

Good question.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by mantraa: 6:49pm On Mar 23, 2011
I know God is just in his judgement.

Please elaborate,

What if when you die you saw a sign on the gates of heaven saying "Muslims Only!!! (I do not have a son)".

What would you expect Allah's judgement on you to be?
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Nobody: 6:52pm On Mar 23, 2011
^^ Shall not the judge of all the earth do right? His judgement will be Right.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by JeSoul(f): 6:54pm On Mar 23, 2011
Re:Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only?

No.

It will say "those who lived lives that were pleasing to God, regardless of age, race, culture or 'religion' only"
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by mantraa: 7:06pm On Mar 23, 2011
^^^^
So you believe that many paths can lead you to heaven, so long as you are a good person and live a good life.

You dont have to accept Jesus as your lord and saviour?
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Mowire: 7:21pm On Mar 23, 2011
@Poster, unfortunately the answer is YES! UNLESS U ACCEPT JESUS AS SAVIOR U WILL NOT ENTER GOD'S KINGDOM (HEAVEN)!
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Dulcet7(m): 7:25pm On Mar 23, 2011
This is related. Please come in, everybody.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-630006.0.html

The Jerusalem Shopkeeper's Assertion: What Really (matters In) Religion.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by JeSoul(f): 7:25pm On Mar 23, 2011
mantraa:

^^^^
So you believe that many paths can lead you to heaven, so long as you are a good person and live a good life. 

You dont have to accept Jesus as your lord and saviour?
I believe what the bible teaches that no man can get to the Father except through Jesus. The distinction is this - some people have 'accepted Jesus' without even realizing it, without ever hearing of His name, they were His followers . . .

Romans 2:14 "Some people naturally obey the Law's commands, even though they don't have the Law. This proves that the conscience is like a law written in the human heart. And it will show whether we are forgiven or condemned when God appoints Jesus Christ to judge everyone's secret thoughts, just as my message says.

and also

Acts 10:34 "Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism, but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right."
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Dulcet7(m): 7:27pm On Mar 23, 2011
JeSoul:

I believe what the bible teaches that no man can get to the Father except through Jesus. The distinction is this - some people have 'accepted Jesus' without even realizing it, without ever hearing of His name, they were His followers . . .

Romans 2:14 "Some people naturally obey the Law's commands, even though they don't have the Law. This proves that the conscience is like a law written in the human heart. And it will show whether we are forgiven or condemned when God appoints Jesus Christ to judge everyone's secret thoughts, just as my message says.

and also

Acts 10:34 "Then Peter began to speak: “I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism, but accepts from every nation the one who fears him and does what is right."

+1 I wholly agree with this.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 23, 2011
Most definitely not!!!

Because most so-called Christians are not making heaven;

A huge number for that matter!!!

Read the link below to know why I said so.

http://www.?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.divinerevelations.info%2FDocuments%2FPrepare_to_meet_your_God%2Findex.htm&h=e37a0
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Dulcet7(m): 7:34pm On Mar 23, 2011
@cultey:

John 10:14-16 (New International Version, ©2011)
14 "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd."

Greetings. But it is Jesus who knows his own sheep? I don't think it is in your place to predict who will go to hell and who will go to heaven because only Jesus knows them by heart. And he himself has said he has other sheep that are not (obviously) in his sheep pen, but they will be gathered together as well.

I don't think it should be your headache, just do your own work of love and don't worry about who will make heaven and who will roast in hell.

I wish you well.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by omobadan(m): 3:23pm On Mar 24, 2011
I don't think it makes any sense, all these talk about heaven and hell! The people that said the only way into heaven is through Jesus, don't know what they're talking! So, the other billions that don't will probably go to hell? How do you people think? Even if you believe wholeheartedly in religious books, at least apply a bit of common sense! Just because it said that in the bible, doesn't make it the gospel truth! Don't you think statements like that were meant to deter people of those era away from worshipping other gods other than Jesus' God?
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Nobody: 4:42pm On Mar 24, 2011
He would not have had to die if he didn't mean exactly what He said. And God would not have risen Him again if He was a Heretic.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by dare2think: 8:37pm On Mar 24, 2011
I think it is unfair to other religions and people who don't belief in religion to make an assertion that the only road to heaven is to Jesus. So what about the other's that have not heard about Jesus? Pls lets be open-minded here. There are billions of people who go about their business and practrice their own doctrine, Good people who never hurt no one, so why should the road to heaven be closed to them.Is that not descrimination.

Why should we say heaven is for those that has an affiliaton with christ. What about the poor Hindu woman in an Indian village, or the Buddist monk in china, or the muslim brother in Iraq, or the atheist in finland. Why should they be condemned based on their beliefs. It is un-fair and if that is the direction of reasoning amongst us christians then it's really sad and selfish.

We should be judged on the content of our character and actions and not on the label of our religion. Anything otherwise is a contradiction of all the religious doctrines put together. Thank God we wont be jugded by man after seeing some of these comments sad
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 24, 2011
Dulcet7:

@cultey:

John 10:14-16 (New International Version, ©2011)
14 "I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep. 16 I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd."

Greetings. But it is Jesus who knows his own sheep? I don't think it is in your place to predict who will go to hell and who will go to heaven because only Jesus knows them by heart. And he himself has said he has other sheep that are not (obviously) in his sheep pen, but they will be gathered together as well.

I don't think it should be your headache, just do your own work of love and don't worry about who will make heaven and who will roast in hell.

I wish you well.

You are missing my point.

Read the link I posted and you'll know why I said such.

Besides I only answered the question the poster asked!
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 24, 2011
dare2think:

I think it is unfair to other religions and people who don't belief in religion to make an assertion that the only road to heaven is to Jesus. So what about the other's that have not heard about Jesus? Pls lets be open-minded here. There are billions of people who go about their business and practrice their own doctrine, Good people who never hurt no one, so why should the road to heaven be closed to them.Is that not descrimination.

Why should we say heaven is for those that has an affiliaton with christ. What about the poor Hindu woman in an Indian village, or the Buddist monk in china, or the muslim brother in Iraq, or the atheist in finland. Why should they be condemned based on their beliefs. It is un-fair and if that is the direction of reasoning amongst us christians then it's really sad and selfish.

We should be judged on the content of our character and actions and not on the label of our religion. Anything otherwise is a contradiction of all the religious doctrines put together. Thank God we wont be jugded by man after seeing some of these comments sad

God's judgements are just.
We must try to reach as many with the gospel of Christ.

Don't ask me what God will do in that situation, I'm not God. It is entirely up to Him.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by jpworld(m): 10:06pm On Mar 24, 2011
@2buff Sharapp, U guys always talk as if u r God close friend or his partner. Since u don't know his Judgment , better stop talking, and tell ur Jews Jesus to shut up, he is not the even the way to heaven. For the male, heaven is Kitty-Cat. and Money. For the Female heaven is D.I.C.K. and money.

Religion is coming to an End.

@ poster I smell curry, are u Indian?
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^Sorry to hear that.
As you have said that the lord God of Heaven should be silent, you will be silent as until a time you repent of those words and declare Him Lord.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by jpworld(m): 10:35pm On Mar 24, 2011
@2buff Na poverty they make u fear,
While I believe in God, the Bible was made by men interpreting what they thought God expected – at their time in history and as they understood the world. That's why all religion is false. God exists but no man can know the mind of God – thus, all religions are man made and false.

If am against religion, am not against God.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Mowire: 11:03pm On Mar 24, 2011
@2buff your posts here are inspering to the one who understands but pity is the non xtians (esoterist) posters don't.
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Mowire: 11:21pm On Mar 24, 2011
@2buff Esoterists, atheists and the likes read the bible only so they can justify their opposition. i've been there
Re: Will The Gates Of Heaven Have A Sign Saying Christians Only! by Nobody: 11:51pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^You are blessed

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Question (or 2) For The Atheists / Who Or What Is God? / Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.