Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,369 members, 7,812,063 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden (1802 Views)

The Bible God Is Actually Satan, And Satan God / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? / The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by seekingtruth(m): 8:47pm On May 19, 2013
In the book of Genesis of the Bible it is held that Eve and the serpent were/are responsible for the fall of man. I have studied the whole story and found out that it was God who erred.
The followings are the errors of Jehovah/God:
1. He didn't warn Adam of Satan He had thrown down from heaven.
2. At the time Adam named serpent/snake Jehovah /god didn't alert him of how cunning it is.
3. When god was warning Adam of the Trees Eve wasn't there or not in existence.
Genesis chapter 2
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Image123(m): 10:04pm On May 19, 2013
brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by ooman(m): 12:09am On May 20, 2013
that's true
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Nobody: 8:05am On May 20, 2013
Morning Seek,

seeking@truth:
In the book of Genesis of the Bible it is held that Eve and the serpent were/are responsible for the fall of man. I have studied the whole story and found out that it was God who erred.

I do not agree that the book of Genesis blamed only the serpent and the woman for the 'fall'...everyone was held responsible by God and that's why they all had their fair share of God's 'wrath'...

seeking@truth:

2. At the time Adam named serpent/snake Jehovah /god didn't alert him of how cunning it is.
Genesis chapter 2

Everything you have up there is based on speculations...you do not have complete information to draw an informed conclusion on any of the above.

1) Who told you God did not inform Adam about the battle in heaven?

2) How did you know that God did not tell Adam about the serpent's cunning?

3) How did you know that God did not inform Eve about the tree? Anyways, the following passage proves that you haven't really studied the story as you claim:

Genesis 3:1-3
King James Version (KJV)

1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

The bold shows clearly that the woman was aware of the instruction not to eat of the 'forbidden tree'...

2 Likes

Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by ooman(m): 9:56am On May 20, 2013
striktlymi: Morning Seek,

I do not agree that the book of Genesis blamed only the serpent and the woman for the 'fall'...everyone was held responsible by God and that's why they all had their fair share of God's 'wrath'...

Everything you have up there is based on speculations...you do not have complete information to draw an informed conclusion on any of the above.

1) Who told you God did not inform Adam about the battle in heaven?

2) How did you know that God did not tell Adam about the serpent's cunning?

3) How did you know that God did not inform Eve about the tree? Anyways, the following passage proves that you haven't really studied the story as you claim:

Genesis 3:1-3
King James Version (KJV)

1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? 2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: 3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

The bold shows clearly that the woman was aware of the instruction not to eat of the 'forbidden tree'...

the bible isn't complete then.

1 Like

Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Nobody: 10:00am On May 20, 2013
Image123: brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
See as ur mate stryk dey answer question... Na small coke wey u drink this morning u dey come belch for this thread...
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Nobody: 10:20am On May 20, 2013
ooman:

Hallo ooman,

It depends on what you mean by 'complete'...
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Nobody: 10:21am On May 20, 2013
^^^
Hey, it's ooman you quoted...
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Nobody: 10:58am On May 20, 2013
musKeeto: ^^^
Hey, it's ooman you quoted...

Sorry about that man!
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by AtheistD(m): 11:05am On May 20, 2013
Pointless errors that could have been undone.

It is speculation to suggest God did not inform them of such things. It is possible He did.

It is speculation to assume that God informed them grin. It is possible He didnt.

So based on the above it is obvious that the bible lacks clarity. There are too many similar contradicting or simplistic statements or stories. Anyone can take all this and twist it to suit their needs.

1 Like

Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Nobody: 11:14am On May 20, 2013
Atheist:-D:
Pointless errors that could have been undone.

It is speculation to suggest God did not inform them of such things. It is possible He did.

It is speculation to assume that God informed them grin. It is possible He didnt.

So based on the above it is obvious that the bible lacks clarity. There are too many similar contradicting or simplistic statements or stories. Anyone can take all this and twist it to suit their needs.

Hallo Atheist,

I guess you didn't notice that they did not include their favourite vacation spot, their favourite play time, whether God comes to tuck them in at night like every good dad should...and hey they even forgot to tell us whether they actually consummated their marriage...

Maybe they should have included all these in sacred scriptures to appease your curiosity shey?

1 Like

Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Danyell(m): 11:40am On May 20, 2013
^^^ Bottomline of the op's post is that Jehovah is to be blamed for everything that happened in the garden. With his foreknowledge, he would have known about everything that would transpire in the garden before they even happened. While creating Lucifer, he would have known that this angel would rebel and with him one-third of the heavenly army would revolt against him. Even while creating each and every angel, he would have known the ones that would fight against his authority. What's the point of knowing the end from the beginning if you are not going to do anything useful with it?

1 Like

Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Image123(m): 11:46am On May 20, 2013
musKeeto:
See as ur mate stryk dey answer question... Na small coke wey u drink this morning u dey come belch for this thread...

muskee, wetin dey pursue you, you see me for dream?
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Nobody: 12:03pm On May 20, 2013
Hallo Dany,

Da-ny-ell:
^^^ Bottomline of the op's post is that Jehovah is to be blamed for everything that happened in the garden.

Precisely! And the argument here is that he does not have any bases in arriving at that conclusion in his OP because he lacks the requisite knowledge.

Now let's see if your bases are reasonable...

Da-ny-ell:

With his foreknowledge, he would have known about everything that would transpire in the garden before they even happened.

Spot-on!!!

Da-ny-ell:

While creating Lucifer, he would have known that this angel would rebel and with him one-third of the heavenly army would revolt against him. Even while creating each and every angel, he would have known the ones that would fight against his authority.

...and again, you are spot-on!

Da-ny-ell:

What's the point of knowing the end from the beginning if you are not going to do anything useful with it?

The above is your conclusion which really is personal to you...I can equally say he did do something useful with it.

If you can see tomorrow, do you go ahead to kill your offsprings because you believe they will not turn out okay? Do you honestly believe that depriving one from his freedom because of your fears for the future would be the way to go?

Do we say that the guy who invented the automobile did wrong because of the accident rate that would be recorded? Do we say that the guy who thought about making knives should have kept it to himself because some people would use this invention to perpetrate some terrible things?

God invented free will and his decision to give it to man is not bad because some persons decided to use it wrongly. He can see the future and his decision to respect this freedom is not wrong because of what is known.

If God were to manipulate the decisions and actions of everyone then Dany, God would have created Toys.

2 Likes

Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Danyell(m): 12:29pm On May 20, 2013
^^^ I get your point. But saying that there is freewill when the biblical God is concerned is kind of like a paradox. Ok, for example, tell me why the devil has already been condemned if he has the freewill to repent and beg for forgiveness, infact why has his whole existence been spelled out for him from the beginning? If the devil should turn around and repent, then that makes God a liar or don't you think?

1 Like

Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 20, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
^^^ I get your point. But saying that there is freewill when the biblical God is concerned is kind of like a paradox. Ok, for example, tell me why the devil has already been condemned if he has the freewill to repent and beg for forgiveness, infact why has his whole existence been spelled out for him from the beginning? If the devil should turn around and repent, then that makes God a liar or don't you think?

Yes, if the devil were to turn around to repent then indeed it would make God a liar...but the question is: Can this happen?

If you have heard the phrase 'no repentance in the grave' then this might be a bit easier to explain...or maybe not.

Anyways, the point is, the devil has already been sentenced for the crime he committed and as such there is no room for repentance...he has lost the grace of God forever.
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Danyell(m): 1:05pm On May 20, 2013
striktlymi:

Yes, if the devil were to turn around to repent then indeed it would make God a liar...but the question is: Can this happen?

If you have heard the phrase 'no repentance in the grave' then this might be a bit easier to explain...or maybe not.

Anyways, the point is, the devil has already been sentenced for the crime he committed and as such there is no room for repentance...he has lost the grace of God forever.
My question is, did he have a choice? It seems like it was the plan of God from the beginning of time. God didn't want utopia just like that, many things had to happen first and Lucifer was just the catalyst.
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Nobody: 1:17pm On May 20, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
My question is, did he have a choice? It seems like it was the plan of God from the beginning of time. God didn't want utopia just like that, many things had to happen first and Lucifer was just the catalyst.

Sure he did! He chose to revolt! Remember that there were other angels too. Unlike Lucifer they chose to be on God's side.

If there is no choice there would be no punishment and in the same vein, there would also be no reward.

Everyone MUST merit to be with God in heaven...even the Angels too did not just get an automatic ticket.
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Danyell(m): 1:31pm On May 20, 2013
This post stubbornly appeared twice
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by drstan(m): 1:31pm On May 20, 2013
U ar just so on point, ..pafe,) perfect answer @Striklym
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Danyell(m): 1:35pm On May 20, 2013
^^^ Like I previously said, (typed) it only appears like he had a choice but in the real sense he (and the other rebellious angels) were only acting out a script. Now, after their attempt to usurp the throne was thwarted, they could have been locked up in the bottomless pit, an almighty holding cell or they could have been destroyed all together, but instead they were hurled down to earth to cause havoc. They had to be hurled down before man could become imperfect and before Jesus could come to redeem man. It was all part of God's sovereign plan!!
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 20, 2013
Well now Dany...

Da-ny-ell:
^^^ Like I previously said, (typed) it only appears like he had a choice but in the real sense he (and the other rebellious angels) were only acting out a script.

You call it "acting out a script" which I can respect as your opinion but I call it "using one's freewill"...

It doesn't make much sense for God to manipulate the freewill of someone and then allow the person to oppose his rule...

Think about it for a second...you can make people do what you want and still allow them insult you?

Everyone has been given the right to choose...Lucifer has this right and used it in the way he wanted...

Like I mentioned before, if indeed God go about manipulating everyone then we are no better than toys and God did not make toys. God made us in his image and likeness...if we do not have freewill then we are nothing like God.

Da-ny-ell:

Now, after their attempt to usurp the throne was thwarted, they could have been locked up in the bottomless pit, an almighty holding cell or they could have been destroyed all together, but instead they were hurled down to earth to cause havoc. It was all part of God's sovereign plan!!

Nah, you got that wrong...If we are to go by God's plan then everyone would love him and there won't be anyone like the Devil...all we will have is just Lucifer, an Angel of his divine majesty.

But not everything went according to plan...Some Angels and Men revolted prompting a disconnect between the divine plan and what actually came to be...God knew that this plan would go 'left' by the actions of men and that is why he decided to have other plans e.g redeeming man and the rest...

Now to the ish of having the devil thrown to Earth...we should realize that Satan CANNOT cause man any harm if man does not want it, so it is immaterial whether the Devil is here or not. There is no force in heaven (apart from God) and none in Hell that can take away our Will...our Will is ours...
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by plaetton: 2:13pm On May 20, 2013
ooman:

The bible myths are not complete simply because the are the plagerized and abbreviated versions of Babylonian and much older Sumerian creation epics.
The Old testament books were compiled around 650BCE during the Israelite captivity in Babylon.
It was in Babylon that they learnt of and borrowed the Babylonian creation Epics, their myths and legends, their calendar, and simply substituted their own god,Yahweh, in place of the Babylonian gods Marduk and his son Nebu.
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by truthman2012(m): 2:14pm On May 20, 2013
seeking@truth:
Genesis chapter 2

As your name implies, you need to seek the truth but by asking questions before drawing conclusions. Seek Jesus because He said is the Truth (John 14:6).
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:18pm On May 20, 2013
And Moses who exist 1500yrs after the whole garden of eden and knowledge apple with human eaten them write the book of genesis.

Where did he get the story from?
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Danyell(m): 2:26pm On May 20, 2013
@Striktlymi, even if I should agree that you are correct, it would be on the basis that free will is only partial. If the devil had not rebelled, Jesus would have had no reason to come down to earth.
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 20, 2013
Da-ny-ell:
@Striktlymi, even if I should agree that you are correct, it would be on the basis that free will is only partial. If the devil had not rebelled, Jesus would have had no reason to come down to earth.

Before the fall of man, Christ's coming was not necessary...Christ only came because man fell.

Assuming everything ended with just the 'battle' in heaven and man did not fall, then there wouldn't have been any need for Christ' to come.

Christ did not come because Lucifer fell...Christ came because man fell.
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by truthman2012(m): 2:47pm On May 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE: And Moses who exist 1500yrs after the whole garden of eden and knowledge apple with human eaten them write the book of genesis.

Where did he get the story from?

I don't know where you belong but even the quran that they claim came from Allah talks about Moses and his deed, some similar to what Mose wrote.
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:16pm On May 20, 2013
truthman2012:

I don't know where you belong but even the quran that they claim came from Allah talks about Moses and his deed, some similar to what Mose wrote.

Quran is not from Allah. It is from Mohamed day-dreaming and misconception of the bible, apocrypha and ancient myths or philosophies.

You know where I belong now?
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by truthman2012(m): 3:30pm On May 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

Quran is not from Allah. It is from Mohamed day-dreaming and misconception of the bible, apocrypha and ancient myths or philosophies.

You know where I belong now?

Yes, thank u.
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by AtheistD(m): 3:31pm On May 20, 2013
striktlymi:

Hallo Atheist,

I guess you didn't notice that they did not include their favourite vacation spot, their favourite play time, whether God comes to tuck them in at night like every good dad should...and hey they even forgot to tell us whether they actually consummated their marriage...

Maybe they should have included all these in sacred scriptures to appease your curiosity shey
?

Hello Strik,

It damn well should have. It is too vague to be relied upon as a definitive instruction or guide for us as humans. We need something that can be modified and understand in the relevant context.
Re: Errors Of Jehovah the Bible God In the Garden of Eden by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 20, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Hello Strik,

It damn well should have. It is too vague to be relied upon as a definitive instruction or guide for us as humans. We need something that can be modified and understand in the relevant context.

That's exactly the mistake some persons make...Sacred scriptures is not meant to be the guide you speak of. Anyways, this is another topic entirely.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Six Different Churches In One Building (Picture) / Images Of Funny Dances Done In Churches Today / Who Wrote The Book Of Hebrews?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.