Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,363 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 PM

10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada (46899 Views)

UK: 10 Things You Will Miss About Nigeria When You JAPA / Don't Come To The UK If You Are Guilty Of These 10 Things / 10 Things To Know Before Moving Abroad For Study - Nairalander Reveals. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by bilulu(m): 7:54pm On Dec 03, 2020
etrange:

Lol... I think the lockdown didn't make things any easier. Work from might seem less stressful but definitely not fun especially for single folks. You just have to stay open minded and get involved in the activities around you as much as possible.
I wonder the activities you re talking about especially when it's winter already... It's OYO especially for the single without relatives also.... It's killing and suicidal.
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by Germi9: 8:06pm On Dec 03, 2020
Odion2016:

Thank you joor..correct person
exactly what i was expecting
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by justicechichex: 8:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
amerengues:
When are are going to see “10 Things you need to do when you migrate to the Most sought After Country, Nigeria?”

One day, Nigeria will be the cynosure of all eyes; We shall have point based immigration for permanent residence.

Very soon, NTA will sanction America for their excesses. It won’t be long when Limousine will be Nigeria’ taxi.

The exodus of our best brains to these counties keep presenting a gloomy and bleak future if something isn’t done.

God bless Nigeria.

Mehn this ur dream sef.. Just wake up from it sharpaly

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by educhigo: 8:53pm On Dec 03, 2020
Things to do when you get in China, 1try to learn chinese 2try to find igboezuoo in sanyuali, 3try to find ada medicine shop 4try to drink kinwei beer
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by sweetmelanin(f): 9:52pm On Dec 03, 2020
NiklauseFred:
That number 8 tho undecided

Is it necessary?

Yes. It's the easiest way to meet and mingle with fellow Nigerians.
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by calcal: 10:26pm On Dec 03, 2020
Modo9:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Buf0wigwj0s

7, 8 and10 you don't need that. you don't need to know anyone, the government is there for you.
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by Ligxy(f): 11:42pm On Dec 03, 2020
etrange:
Please, add that your Nigerian driver's license will be taken from you and also give them tips on how to make friends. This is not Nigeria, the mind-your-business here is on another level.

Nice one.

Boss, long time. Hope life's good over there? Me don dey give up on this Canada waka. It is well.
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by Yaks02(m): 12:02am On Dec 04, 2020
HerMajestyCares:
The Information is a good one for first timer's,

As for me Nothing Here is New,

I visit for holiday only nothing more cheesy

How much does it cost for working visa approximately
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by Yaks02(m): 12:04am On Dec 04, 2020
etrange:
Please, add that your Nigerian driver's license will be taken from you and also give them tips on how to make friends. This is not Nigeria, the mind-your-business here is on another level.

Nice one.

Which side 4 Canada u de cos I know say na Canada u de from d way u talk
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by mbhs139(m): 2:20am On Dec 04, 2020
NiklauseFred:
That number 8 tho undecided

Is it necessary?

Well, it depends sha. I live in Canada too, and I have been here for some time. As a Muslim, my wife as met some wonderful people at the mosque. The difference is that their worship center is not as it is in Nigeria, and I would not advise anyone to make use of churches populated by Nigerians, or own by Nigerians, it doesn't worth it, it is still the same Nigerian mentality, of trying to shame one another based on some vanities, like the cloth you wear to church and things like that.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by mbhs139(m): 2:22am On Dec 04, 2020
nurez305:
We need 10 things to do to get to Canada as easy as possible and not this

Ok. Watch out!
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by Nobody: 3:17am On Dec 04, 2020
bilulu:

I wonder the activities you re talking about especially when it's winter already... It's OYO especially for the single without relatives also.... It's killing and suicidal.
Nigerians and excuses. Download meetup app. Join people around you in hikes, games and road trips

Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by Dareytiwon(m): 11:24am On Dec 04, 2020
Following
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by Realadey(m): 11:44am On Dec 04, 2020
Ok, thanks
etrange:

Why they'd take the license? An individual is expected to have only one of such ID's.
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by bilulu(m): 3:04pm On Dec 04, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Nigerians and excuses. Download meetup app. Join people around you in hikes, games and road trips
Your statement would ve be more perfect without the first sentence. If I knew about the app will say what I said. You guys just like to talk ur fellow brothers down n kill their moral.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by Nobody: 3:13pm On Dec 04, 2020
bilulu:

Your statement would ve be more perfect without the first sentence. If I knew about the app will say what I said. You guys just like to talk ur fellow brothers down n kill their . moral.
i repeat it - Nigerians and excuses. Before they went to canada they already know how it is, same for most western countries. What did they do about it or who forced them to go Adapt to the live in your new country or shut the Bleep up
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by etrange: 2:45am On Dec 05, 2020
Yaks02:

Which side 4 Canada u de cos I know say na Canada u de from d way u talk

Mostly in Toronto these days.
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by etrange: 2:57am On Dec 05, 2020
Ligxy:

Boss, long time. Hope life's good over there? Me don dey give up on this Canada waka. It is well.

Hi Ligxy

Well, asides the terrible winter and the second lockdown, I'd say life is great here. Thanks.

Give up? Seeing that you were there when I was active on that thread, I strongly believe you've invested much time and energy to give up now. There's always light at the end of the tunnel, remember? I'd say hang in there. Provided it doesn't affect your day to day activities, I suggest you always keep your Canadian hustle as a side affair. You never can tell when it'll yield results. Keep your dreams alive, do your best and leave the rest to fate.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by etrange: 2:58am On Dec 05, 2020
bilulu:

Sorry... please, don't go suicidal. With time, you'll get a healthy social circle.
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by etrange: 3:06am On Dec 05, 2020
AZeD1:

This is province dependent.

Ontario will not take the license from you.

They do. It's written at the bottom of the form you fill for your Ontario residents card and drivers licence. Provided you're using it to jump licence grades, it will be collected. When I was doing Ontario residents card, I already checked the box that asks if you have a foreign drivers license before I read that it will be collected. I then told them I wasn't with it and they asked me to make sure I bring it while doing my drivers licence.
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by therajah: 6:37am On Dec 05, 2020
amerengues:
When are are going to see “10 Things you need to do when you migrate to the Most sought After Country, Nigeria?”

One day, Nigeria will be the cynosure of all eyes; We shall have point based immigration for permanent residence.

Very soon, NTA will sanction America for their excesses. It won’t be long when Limousine will be Nigeria’ taxi.

The exodus of our best brains to these counties keep presenting a gloomy and bleak future if something isn’t done.

God bless Nigeria.
How many years to come?
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by therajah: 6:39am On Dec 05, 2020
Kekereekun123:
i repeat it - Nigerians and excuses. Before they went to canada they already know how it is, same for most western countries. What did they do about it or who forced them to go Adapt to the live in your new country or shut the Bleep up
Are they complaining? The stress there is better than the struggles in Nigeria
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by AZeD1(m): 6:39am On Dec 05, 2020
etrange:

They do. It's written at the bottom of the form you fill for your Ontario residents card and drivers licence. Provided you're using it to jump licence grades, it will be collected. When I was doing Ontario residents card, I already checked the box that asks if you have a foreign drivers license before I read that it will be collected. I then told them I wasn't with it and they asked me to make sure I bring it while doing my drivers licence.
You do not have to surrender your Nigerian license when you get a driver's license in Ontario.
I still have my Nigerian license with me, I took someone to get their license two days ago in Ontario and they still have their drivers license.

You cannot have a driver's license and an Ontario photo card at the same time. The reason why your license was collected was because you applied for an Ontario photo card.

Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by Yaks02(m): 8:22am On Dec 05, 2020
etrange:

Mostly in Toronto these days.

Hwfr with job opportunities for some of us that wants to come?
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by etrange: 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2020
Yaks02:

Hwfr with job opportunities for some of us that wants to come?

It depends on the kind of job you do and your skills. There are jobs. But one could still find it hard to find the exact office job he was doing in Nigeria on landing here especially if you're not into tech.
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by Yaks02(m): 4:50pm On Dec 05, 2020
etrange:

It depends on the kind of job you do and your skills. There are jobs. But one could still find it hard to find the exact office job he was doing in Nigeria on landing here especially if you're not into tech.

I might just need a menial job because I don't have a degree
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by etrange: 4:52pm On Dec 05, 2020
Yaks02:

Ok. There exist.

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by ednut1(m): 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2020
AZeD1:

You do not have to surrender your Nigerian license when you get a driver's license in Ontario.
I still have my Nigerian license with me, I took someone to get their license two days ago in Ontario and they still have their drivers license.

You cannot have a driver's license and an Ontario photo card at the same time. The reason why your license was collected was because you applied for an Ontario photo card.
true i still have mine. It wasn't taken
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by ednut1(m): 5:17pm On Dec 05, 2020
Yaks02:

without a degree how will you qualify for the immigration A degree alone is not enough these days. You need masters or a degree plus a diploma.
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by Johnadeniyi: 11:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
HerMajestyCares:
The Information is a good one for first timer's,

As for me Nothing Here is New,

I visit for holiday only nothing more cheesy

Hi,
Please I need ur advise on something here... Can a visiting visa be upgraded to work visa when I get abroad?
Thanks in advance for ur response.
Re: 10 Things You Need To Do When You First Get To Canada by Richdee1(m): 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2020
Johnadeniyi:

Hi,
Please I need ur advise on something here... Can a visiting visa be upgraded to work visa when I get abroad?
Thanks in advance for ur response.

This is wrong! Its possible but very wrong
you applied for Visiting Visa not Work Visa

Why not just apply for Work Visa from your home country!
Don't because of you spoil others coming behind you!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Protest On Lagos-Ibadan Road As Truck Hits Stray Cows (Photos) / How A Nigerian showed kindness to an Old woman in Canada's airport / Woman Prays For Grandson In Rivers, Washes His Head, Feet Ahead Of Visit To Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.