Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,665 members, 7,820,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:16 PM

Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! (3542 Views)

Poll: Would This New Technology Solve Nigeria's Election Rigging Problems?

Yes: 26% (8 votes)
No: 73% (22 votes)
This poll has ended

Why Do Nigerians Always Ignore The Obvious? INEC Anti-rigging Solution! (photo) / Why Do Nigerians Always Ignore The Obvious? INEC Anti-rigging Solution! (Photo) / Jonathan "moves" Anti-rigging Court Of Appeal Judge Out Of The Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by denex: 3:18am On Jul 01, 2007
How stupid can people get these days? The e-voting system that Maurice Iwu has been crying for since more than a year ago, one clown just comes out and says he invented it recently and people are applauding.

Maybe next year I'll intent rice!
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by naijaking1: 7:59am On Jul 01, 2007
Ol boy how you go invent anti-rigging machine?

Rigging is about criminal manipulation of votes.

There is no how you could stop rigging by mere engineering design.

Yeah, I know naija people like to say they have invented something, but not this one.

The most accurate elections are carried out by simple pencil and paper and people's honesty.

You can't invent anti-corruption machines, anti-stealing machines (though there're some attempts at anti-theft devices)and certainly not anti-rigging machines.
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by egoldman(m): 1:54pm On Jul 01, 2007
Yara Dua declared his worth , they say it means nothing , if he didn't do it, they would say that's because he is some criminal , declare or not u are damned , today a Nigerian have taken a bold step in the right direction and all this ever pessimistic , and ever hopeless compatriots call him a clown and other names , when in this life would this kind of people ever see something good from their own country? they seat there and didn't do anything to stop the rigging next time and now someone have tried something and they are calling him names and rubbishing his effort ,i believe that self destruction is part of the problem of this country .If it were some professor from the us or uk that invented this,am sure they would all clap for him , God save Nigeria .
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by denex: 2:31pm On Jul 01, 2007
The man should say he imported it not that he invented it. E-voting was first used in the 1960s. It is currently used in India Brazil, Venezuela, the USA and the Netherlands. The system is very accurate except when the programmers of the machine become involved in the electoral malpractices.

A man that can lie that he invented a machine that has been used since before he was born can as well collude to program those machines to favour a particular party.

Tomorrow, I'll come out and say I've invented Lycopersicon esculentum Pulverizer and people will hail me and spend millions buying my intention, only to find out it's just a tomato blending machine.
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by naijaking1: 2:53pm On Jul 01, 2007
@egoldman

You know nobody's as proud of naija efforts as I am. The point is proud for what?

Like Denex rightly pointed out anti-rigging voting machines were invented in the era of IBM, calculators, and early stage computers; it's nothing new.

I was in naija when they said somebody "invented a helicopter from motorcycle parts", and don't forget all the superflous invention of medical therapy.

We can assemble a helicopter from unusual components, but you know that no one can invent a helicopter at this age. It's been done
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by 2dye4(m): 4:47pm On Jul 01, 2007
every tech innovaton is always going to be subject to d manipulations of its inventor (man). i don't see this as d ultimate solution. undecided
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by Orosunnuku(m): 7:44pm On Jul 01, 2007
This is definitely good news, because it means that Nigerians are capable of good technological inventions, contrary to what "oyinbos" feel about us.
The Govt should at least give it a trial - maybe at local govt elections level to test its efficiency.
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by warfarian(m): 9:07pm On Jul 01, 2007
MAKE WE NO DEY DECIEVE OURSELVES, NO B HUMAN WAN OPERATE THE MACHINE, WETHER MACHINE OHH OR NO MACHINE, IF NO B GOD, TINS GO ALWAYS BE AS E GET, THE GUY TRY SHA, I APPLAUD AM, BUT because NA FOR NIGERIA, LOOK NA HUMAN BEANS WAN OPERATE AM, EVEN WHEN THE MACHINE TLK TRUE THEM GO CHANGE AM, EXCEPT NA THE MACHINE TO STILL TAKE TO THE MEDIA, AND ALL

THE MAN TRY SHA, THEM NO DEY DO PASS TRY
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by Josh4ever9: 9:27pm On Jul 01, 2007
I read the article and the fact is, we dont know much about this machine, except he claims it is an anti-rigging machine, what does that mean? The machine was not described and neither were it's features,
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by MP007(m): 2:19am On Jul 02, 2007
i grin you makig me laugh, u ever heard of electro"rig" system of voting , its naija naw, it doesnt matter how u take bring am, call angel for heaven to conduct elections, naija go stil rigid, leave story , na today?
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by Razorr(f): 10:36am On Jul 02, 2007
'phew' embarassed
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by amaikama(m): 11:54am On Jul 02, 2007
That's a welcome development but would greedy politicians, the Ex- generals and greedy Nigerians leave it to work?
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by Mustay(m): 8:41pm On Jul 02, 2007
amaikama:

That's a welcome development but would greedy politicians, the Ex- generals and greedy Nigerians leave it to work?

doubt it
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by Mamajama(m): 9:09pm On Jul 02, 2007
Nothing will solve Nigerian election malpractice as long as the dirty old politicians are still there. As much as I like Yar Adua he is already displaying weakness by admitting there were flaws in the election that brought him to power. I support the idea of inviting and including opposition in the cabinet, but given them a condition is totally ridiculous. I read in one post the only way they will honor the 6 slot appointment is if they the opposition drop all litigation at Federal and local level. Even Bush did not admit stealing the election both times he was miraculously elected. A leader must stand tall and never show any sign of weakness.
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by nazzyon(m): 11:29pm On Jul 02, 2007
Mamajama:

Nothing will solve Nigerian election malpractice as long as the dirty old politicians are still there. As much as I like Yar Adua he is already displaying weakness by admitting there were flaws in the election that brought him to power. I support the idea of inviting and including opposition in the cabinet, but given them a condition is totally ridiculous. I read in one post the only way they will honor the 6 slot appointment is if they the opposition drop all litigation at Federal and local level. Even Bush did not admit stealing the election both times he was miraculously elected. A leader must stand tall and never show any sign of weakness.

I don't mean to counter you in anyway but you said Dirty old politicians.

What about the youths too who supported them?
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by romeo(m): 9:45am On Jul 03, 2007
Who are these two clowns calling somebody a clown for inventing anti-rigging machine? Foolish Denex at it again!! when will you grow up and reason like a matured man, i forgot you're still at daddy's house reading cartoons and manga!!

@topic
i don't know how good the invention is, but i bet it's a good intention from a compatriot. some wide mouths here say he's importing e-voting machines into Nigeria, i beg your pardon! is this guy INEC? instead of looking at his invention with good intentions and finding possible tweaks for it's perfection, we are here clowning

the guy called it anti-rigging machine and he did not call it e-voting machine, even if they are two similar things, so what? there is bicycle and motorcycle and both have two different inventors all because they are two similar different things and same thing applies to any other thing

I think it's time we applaud our own and not foolishly rubbishing it here
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by Afam(m): 9:57am On Jul 03, 2007
romeo:

Who are these two clowns calling somebody a clown for inventing anti-rigging machine?

Point of correction, nothing was invented.

That you are not aware of something doesn't make that thing non existent.
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by romeo(m): 10:01am On Jul 03, 2007
Afam:

Point of correction, nothing was invented.

That you are not aware of something doesn't make that thing non existent.

i am waiting for the correction!! and if you don't have any correction just sharrap and move away

i know you are aware of something but please educate me
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by Afam(m): 11:07am On Jul 03, 2007
romeo:

i am waiting for the correction!! and if you don't have any correction just sharrap and move away

Don't bother waiting for the correction, that you have not seen it means you will never see it. I think it makes sense to sharrap and move away than to help get you out of your ignorance.

romeo:

i know you are aware of something but please educate me

Educate you? We have free education in some states in Nigeria, you may enroll in any of the schools.
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by texazzpete(m): 11:08am On Jul 03, 2007
Y'all amuse me, squabbling among yourselves about "who invented this" and "how secure is this device"

I havent seen people talk about the most important issues:

Even if we put on our rose-tinted glasses and assume this thing works as promised, how much does it cost?. the 'patriot' helpfully failed to mention the per-unit cost of this device. You can be sure, however, that this machine will cost tens of thousands of Naira. Considering the fact that thousands of such devices have to be produced, isn't this going to be prohibitively expensive?

also, consider the size/weight of the device. naturally, to minimize rigging voting devices/ballot boxes have to be shipped to their areas of use at most 48 Hrs before the election. Think of the logistical nightmare of carrying these units around the country.

he makes no mention of any fingerprint recognition system, but if there was, you can bet your left testicle that he'd have mentioned it. So we have to assume there's not. So what stops thugs loyal to Adedibu et al from massively voting? isn't that counted as rigging too?

Finally, if you're an Agbero or tout, you should start praying they use this in the 2011 elections. There's a FREE 12V car battery in all of these machines. Smash away!!  grin
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 03, 2007
Naija i hail o!
Rig on!
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by DoubleN(m): 6:23pm On Jul 03, 2007
Our problem in Nigeria is not the voting process but in the individuals themselves
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by denex: 7:22pm On Jul 03, 2007
I have seen Nigerians invent cures for HIV/AIDS, Helicopters and whatever else.

Well, let them go sell their intentions in the open market. If it sells well, we'll buy it.

There are 4 good years to the next Nigerian elections so we have much time to sit and watch the progress of this intention round the world.

Brigadier General Oviemo Ovadje invented a blood transfusion and recycling machine.

Phillip Emeagwali invented the fastest computer in the world.

They did not cut Nigeria a special deal, they sold their intentions in the open market. Now it is possible to buy computers with Emeagwali's intention anywhere in the world.

So let the likes of Mr Ben Aghanya and Dr Abalaka should go into the world with their inventions. Do they see Bill Gates taking his inventions to the US government?

Nigeria has made its stand since the beginning of the new millenium that it will favour a free market economy so any inventor is free to sell to the highest bidder.

This is not the old Soviet Union where the government was sole proprietor of all of its citizen's scientific inventions.

e(lectro mechanical)-voting system.
e-voting system.
What the Bleep is the difference?
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by romeo(m): 8:13pm On Jul 03, 2007
Afam:

Don't bother waiting for the correction, that you have not seen it means you will never see it. I think it makes sense to sharrap and move away than to help get you out of your ignorance.

Educate you? We have free education in some states in Nigeria, you may enroll in any of the schools.

i am the ignorante one? LMAO, i was asking for corrections and if you are not capable of providing it don't make another post on this thread untill you do your home work very well

And i sincerly think you are the one that needs free education cool
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by Mamajama(m): 9:31pm On Jul 03, 2007
This will put all 419Er's out of service? I can guarantee you there will be made in America assemble in Oweri version
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by romeo(m): 9:19am On Jul 04, 2007
Mamajama:

This will put all 419Er's out of service? I can guarantee you there will be made in America assemble in Oweri version

??
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by ZIONIA(m): 12:39pm On Jul 04, 2007
The one invention this country needs right now is "a nigerian with a drop of patriotism in his veins". I think we have enough of all these "know-it-alls-and-yet-do-nothing-at-all" types; its clear to see they're of no use to anybody least of all this country. Whether he invented the damned thing or not at least he's working towards the betterment of the system instead of just going around criticising it.
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by deb(m): 1:39pm On Jul 11, 2007
Yara Dua declared his worth , they say it means nothing , if he didn't do it, they would say that's because he is some criminal , declare or not u are damned , today a Nigerian have taken a bold step in the right direction and all this ever pessimistic , and ever hopeless compatriots call him a clown and other names , when in this life would this kind of people ever see something good from their own country? they seat there and didn't do anything to stop the rigging next time and now someone have tried something and they are calling him names and rubbishing his effort ,i believe that self destruction is part of the problem of this country .If it were some professor from the us or uk that invented this,am sure they would all clap for him , God save Nigeria .

Thank you my brother.
At least you are another Nigerian that is thinking right.
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by chidichris(m): 8:02am On Jul 15, 2007
the guy shld keep the machine till obj dies because obj is a very big rigging machine which i am pretty sure can supperceed anyother machine made by man.
we all know that two captains can never move a ship the same time.
he has powers over everyother machine made by man.
if his machine will work at all in nigeria, it will be after the death of obj and co.
the most needed machine in nigeria at the moment is the one that can kill, obj, annenih, uba, adedibus, bodes, ribadus and their likes
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by angel101(f): 10:26am On Jul 15, 2007
@chidichris
U are such a clown grin
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by DisGuy: 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2007
I think its about time we start with a pilot scheme maybe for local elections in some councils or states;the whole process should be televised from voting to counting-announcements
Re: Nigerian Invents Anti-Rigging Machine! by angel101(f): 12:44pm On Jul 16, 2007
Dis Guy:

the whole process should be televised from voting to counting-announcements

That has never been a deterrent

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Is Nairaland All About Igbos? / Tinubu, Fasoranti, Hid Awolowo: Who Really Is The Yoruba Leader? / Why Do We Still Have The Arabic Inscription On Our Higher Currency Notes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.