Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,557 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. (25153 Views)

"We Are Not Corrupt!" - Nigerian Police To NBS / Osinbajo Not Performing Better Than Buhari – Presidency / Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by tritt(m): 2:59pm On Aug 31, 2016
Despite the economic recession that the country is presently facing, the Presidency on Wednesday declared that the Nigerian economy is performing better than the predictions of the International Monetary Fund, IMF.
It, however, admitted that the inflation and unemployment rates in the country had remained high despite efforts by the current government.

The Special Adviser to the President on Economic Matters, Dr. Adeyemi Dipeolu, stated this in a statement while reacting to the Gross Domestic Product figures for the 2016 second quarter by the National Bureau of Statistics, NBS.

Dipeolu noted that the report, while confirming a temporary decline, has also indicated what he called hopeful expectation in the country’s economic trajectory, stressing that there were clear indications that the second half of the year will be better.

“Besides the growth recorded in the agriculture and solid mineral sectors, the Nigerian economy in response to the policies of the Buhari presidency is also doing better than what the IMF had estimated with clear indications that the second half of the year would be even much better,” he said.

The presidential aide assured that the current administration would continue to work diligently on the economy and engage all stakeholders to ensure that beneficial policy initiatives were actively pursued and the dividends delivered to the Nigerian people.

Quoting the recently released data from the NBS as showing a decline in GDP by -2.06% in the second quarter of 2016 on a year-on-year basis, he attributed the outcome to a sharp contraction in the oil sector due to huge losses of crude oil production as a result of vandalisation and sabotage.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/08/31/presidency-reacts-nbs-report-insists-economy-performing-better-imfs-prediction/?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Aug 31, 2016
Ok

“Besides the growth recorded in the agriculture and solid mineral sectors, the Nigerian economy in response to the policies of the Buhari presidency is also doing better than what the IMF had estimated with clear indications that the second half of the year would be even much better,” he said.

- We see you have taken over from Lai Mhd.
- I see you can not buttress your point with the data on IMF target, for ease of comparison in your analysis.
- Anyway, you are just dishing out propaganda from its underbelly.
- The situation is so bad that the Nigerian economy is mis-firing seriously and might collapse under your boss watch.

Nonsense analysis angry

193 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by Ellidude(m): 3:05pm On Aug 31, 2016
Just when you thought they could lie no further. Nigerians have gotten wiser, you cannot lie to us any longer. We're just waiting for the right time to act. This administration is just too clueless.

182 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by Ohammadike: 3:05pm On Aug 31, 2016
This government takes the golden crown for gross stupidity, cluelessly useless and crass ineptitude

170 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by SalC: 3:05pm On Aug 31, 2016
Yes it's performing better in their imagination.

I wonder if the presidency has any shame at all.

152 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 31, 2016
Trying to challenge economic realities with propaganda? You are performing well and the economy is in recession? Wow! We are in for a long ride.

Is there any economic position worse than recession? Because I know somebody will come tell us how it would have been worse if the past govt had continued.

154 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by AllTheWayUp: 3:07pm On Aug 31, 2016
grin grin grin

Buhari is a bastard for trying to deceive and lie to Nigerians. ....Quote me anywhere

114 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by plaetton: 3:08pm On Aug 31, 2016
Hilarious grin grin

Yes, of course, the President and the presidency know a lot more about economic matters than those lazy and HUNGRY experts pontificating on empty stomachs.

Why not?

When you have a N2b feeding budget, How can the ECONOMY EVER LOOK BAD to you?

130 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by Emusan(m): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
One thing I keep telling people prior to 2015 election was that Ex-President Jonathan was not as bad the way APC portraits him neither President Buhari was as good the way APC sold him.

One thing is very sure Nigerian will still never learn their lesson.

God has made it clear now and He's about to intervene!

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by aljharem(m): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2016
Funny. Very strangely funny

This government is the maddest ever

Jonathan and Obasanjo God bless you two

Buhari is the worst president ever

101 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by MadamExcellency: 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2016
He doent know the interpretation of the report.

I won't blame him, he failed mathematics.

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by Abiagirl777(f): 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2016
You can imagine the kind of ppl repping Nigeria,its so sad they r out ofvtune with reality.

16 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by nnachukz(m): 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2016
Deaf and blind administration. I wonder what is their definition of a better performance.

33 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by ejilife: 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2016
When a dullard is on the throne.......even the obvious gets denied. Classically classic!

34 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by izzou(m): 3:10pm On Aug 31, 2016

My year of divine breakthrough cool

65 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by aljharem(m): 3:13pm On Aug 31, 2016
Emusan:
One thing I keep telling people prior to 2015 election was that Ex-President Jonathan was not as bad the way APC portraits him neither President Buhari was as good the way APC sold him.

One thing is very sure Nigerian will still never learn their lesson.

God has made it clear now and He's about to intervene!

Nigerians especially my people **** are the daftest nigerians ever. Trust me.

How can a sane person leave a 54 years old man with phd and vote in a 79 years old illiterate. It makes no sense

APC worked on the fact that an average nigerian youth is stupid and don't ask questions. They always follow the crowd.

Omojuwa is enjoying while my stupid friend lost his job

128 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by ejilife: 3:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
i
aljharem:
Funny. Very strangely funny

This government is the maddest ever

Jonathan and Obasanjo God bless you two

Buhari is the worst president ever
But I used to know you as a proudly 97 percenter or are you a wailing 97 percenter?

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by AllTheWayUp: 3:14pm On Aug 31, 2016
aljharem:

Nigerians especially my people yoruba are the daftest nigerians ever. Trust me.

How can a sane person live a 54 years old man with phd and vote in a 79 years old illiterate. It makes no sense

APC worked on the fact that an average nigerian youth is stupid and don't ask questions. They always follow the crowd.

Omojuwa is enjoying while my stupid friend lost his job

God bless u for this bitter truth.

Thunder fire Omojuwa who has now kept quiet after eating Aisha Jollof Rice

Thunder fire Tolu Ogunlesi who has gone incommunicado after becoming Buhari special assistant on Digital and New Media

Thunder fire all APC social media warriors and Activists who were very vocal about the state of the Economy during GEJ Era only for them to now become deaf and dumb under the worst ever Nigerian Economy presided by Buhari

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by tdbankplc: 3:15pm On Aug 31, 2016
Lol bubu econmy team sabi pass NBS and IMF.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by aljharem(m): 3:17pm On Aug 31, 2016
ejilife:
i But I used to know you as a proudly 97 percenter or are you a wailing 97 percenter?

IT is not about 97% and 5 %. Nigerians made the worst error ever after not making Awolowo nigerian president

We left a man with ideas and voted a bigot. Big ERROR

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by Alphafeezay(m): 3:19pm On Aug 31, 2016
Economic masturbation.

10 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by nnachukz(m): 3:22pm On Aug 31, 2016
plaetton:
Hilarious grin grin

Yes, of course, the President and the presidency know a lot more about economic matters than those lazy experts.

Why not?

When you have a N2b feeding budget, How can the ECONOMY EVER LOOK BAD to you?
Hahaha, you are correct my dear. N2b feeding budget is a whole lot of money, it can even make one go mad and talk nonsense just as they are doing now.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by vedaxcool(m): 3:26pm On Aug 31, 2016
Our issues are complex, but if we stay united as country and work together we will be able to turn things around sooner. And for those incapable of reading the presidency is saying that the country is facing an economic problem but is performing better than expected in these circumstance.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by AllTheWayUp: 3:29pm On Aug 31, 2016
vedaxcool:
Our issues are complex, but if we stay united as country and work together we will be able to turn things around sooner. And for those incapable of reading the presidency is saying that the country is facing an economic problem but is performing better than expected in these circumstance.

grin grin grin

Zombies will always be Zombies

Oya receive Sense

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by SalC: 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2016
vedaxcool:
Sorry this comment made no sense.

Performing better than whose expectations?
Yours or their's? Because it's certainly not that of an average Nigerian.

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by NaijaMutant(f): 3:33pm On Aug 31, 2016
Mumu presidency headed by a dog

who cares about what they say

41 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by amtalkin(f): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
It's well with our economy

Because i'm in this country Nigeria will never go down

10 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by ajepako(f): 3:38pm On Aug 31, 2016
These louts cant even lie convincingly..

10 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by amtalkin(f): 3:42pm On Aug 31, 2016
izzou:

My year of divine breakthrough cool

Not just you abeg. Nigerians year of divine breakthrough
That's if we vote out that man

21 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by ejilife: 3:54pm On Aug 31, 2016
aljharem:

IT is not about 97% and 5 %. Nigerians made the worst error ever after not making Awolowo nigerian president

We left a man with ideas and voted a bigot. Big ERROR
But we warned the world about the illness that comes with this man whenever he is on throne judging from our experience with him in the 1980s but only got insults from people like you and others. So what has changed since after insulting us?

29 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 31, 2016
E be like say dem wan to tell us another story again ooooo. E be like say dem wan to sing another song again

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To NBS Report, Insists Economy Performing Better. by veekid(m): 4:00pm On Aug 31, 2016
Fvck what the presidency think; who cares

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

DSS Arrests Malcolm Rich­ard Omirhobo On One Man Protest At Abuja Villa Gate / Nigeria Army Council Orders Release Of Brigadier General Ransome-kuti / 2015: Jonathan’s Book Misrepresented Facts, Says US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.