Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? (5103 Views)

Can My Disrespectful & Unsubmissive Girlfriend Change After Marriage? / My Girlfriend Talks To Me In A Disrespectful Manner / "Your Boyfriend Deserves To Know Your Body Count" - Joro Olumofin To Ladies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Tajbol4splend(m): 3:28pm On Dec 03, 2020
How do most of you ladies interpret someone addressing you using any of Mummy or Madam or Ma that you frown at it? To me it's no biggie but most of you don't like it

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Oturatetuala(m): 3:32pm On Dec 03, 2020
I don't know.
Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Kiddogarcia(m): 3:33pm On Dec 03, 2020
People don't wanna accept they are getting old,na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Kiddllc: 3:43pm On Dec 03, 2020
Lol.. i think it.makes them feel old. Like when out of respect my benin boys call me Epa, I see no big deal in it cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Vikkoh(m): 4:07pm On Dec 03, 2020
angry

Why wouldn't he call her MA or MUMMY when the handwriting is on the wall angry .
Please check the write up above her Twitter handle to understand me.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Greystone: 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2020
Tajbol4splend:
How do most of you ladies interpret someone addressing you using any of Mummy or Madam or Ma that you frown at it? To me it's no biggie but most of you don't like it

"Mummy"

Correct guy

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Tonymegabush1(m): 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2020
Calling s lady ma to her it's like you are seeing her as an old woman, some will even greet you just to appear younger.

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by simplepee(f): 5:23pm On Dec 03, 2020
It's not only Ladies.

Address a forty to fifty year old man as 'sir'

He will tell you he's still a boy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2020
It's annoying when people of my age group address me as "ma" , especially guys.

I would rather you called me "mama", atleast that one is used as a joke.
Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Bornsinner7: 7:10pm On Dec 03, 2020
If you call am woman
African woman
She no go gree

She go say I be lady

5 Likes

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by muller101(m): 7:27pm On Dec 03, 2020
simplepee:
It's not only Ladies.

Fat lie

6 Likes

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by abidoye21722: 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2020
It's not only Ladies.Address a forty to fifty year old man as 'sir' He will tell you he's still a boy.
Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2020
simplepee:
It's not only Ladies.

I'm telling you, in fact a man feels dignified to be addressed with Sir

10 Likes

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Tajbol4splend(m): 8:23pm On Dec 03, 2020
Greystone:

"Mummy"

Correct guy

grin grin grin

Kemi Olunloyo blocked me on Twitter for using that thing to joke in my comments on one of her posts

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Famexit(m): 8:24pm On Dec 03, 2020
grin

1 Like

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by tobechi74: 8:34pm On Dec 03, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

It makes her look old. She wants to be young

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by paulolee(m): 9:44pm On Dec 03, 2020
girls wana feel like thier young or small...d gee should start calling her baby or smallie....na so e take de start..
Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Karlifate: 10:32pm On Dec 03, 2020
The fear of old age.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Aladdin1(m): 10:47pm On Dec 03, 2020
Some ladies would frown and tell you i resemble your mama? abi i be your mama mate? its mostly done by the unmarried evening newspaper mgbeke's in their late 30's or early 40's.and when you address them as girls or fail to show them respect.they would get angry and say i be your mate? abi i resemble your agemate.dem wahala dey their body like signboard!.

5 Likes

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by missimelda01(f): 10:51pm On Dec 03, 2020
That man must be from Anambra grin
Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Bluezy13(m): 10:54pm On Dec 03, 2020
missimelda01:
That man must be from Anambra grin

No, Ma.
He is not from Anambra
Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 03, 2020
How would you feel if I walk up to you and call you paa'pa?

You people should just stop it abeg! I loathe it.
Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by kalufelix(m): 12:15am On Dec 04, 2020
Reminds-them-of-their-evening-status-when-they-are-not-married...
Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by femi4: 8:49am On Dec 04, 2020
Lady na master....
Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by baralatie(m): 8:51am On Dec 04, 2020
simplepee:
It's not only Ladies.
grin
Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:42am On Dec 26, 2020
Men: What do women really want in a man sef?

Girl: I like a man—

Men: Na so so bad boys dem go dey follow.

Girl: ...that understands what—

Men: Later they'll start crying; they have no single vision for their lives.

Girl: ...empathy and connect—

Men: Wo, they are t#$%&, joor. Just use and dump them.

*moves on to the next post, circle repeats*

To the Op question, it's as if I'm being put on a pedestal or in a status above where I really am. And it, in turn, boxes me and make me want to force out a mashurity that's not.

It's a respect title, especially for someone older, and when anybody – male or female – uses it for me, it's like they're "infantilizing" themselves, I dunno? This is for most of the time. My reception of it at other times will depend on the context and my relationship with the person.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:59am On Dec 26, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

I'm telling you, in fact a man feels dignified to be addressed with Sir

What kind of man? Can you address your gee/age mate as "sir?" A random stranger who haven't rendered any particular help to you?

How many nairalanders do you quote, because you agree with their post and call them "sirs?"

How many guys or alfas on here, banting address one another with "sirs?" But guys sometimes always use it on women and to be mischievous. They want to make it seem as she's a raging old woman—all the guys commenting here are the ones trying to make themselves believe women get mad at it because they *are* old.

3 Likes

Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Shortyy(f): 11:01am On Dec 26, 2020
Even 50-year-old men don't wanna be addressed as sir.
Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by tarantino1: 11:03am On Dec 26, 2020
I say Sir, Oga, Ma but saying 'daddy' or 'mummy' na big impossible tense for me. Lmao
Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Kobicove(m): 11:11am On Dec 26, 2020
Tajbol4splend:

By addressing a young single lady with those titles you're demarketing her undecided
Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:19am On Dec 26, 2020
Magnoliaa:

What kind of man? Can you address your gee/age mate as "sir?" A random stranger who haven't rendered any particular help to you?

How many nairalanders do you quote, because you agree with their post and call them "sirs?"

How many guys or alfas on here, banting address one another with "sirs?" But guys sometimes always use it on women and to be mischievous. They want to make it seem as she's a raging old woman—all the guys commenting here are the ones trying to make themselves believe women get mad at it because they *are* old.

The reason why most guys use it for you is because you react negatively to it which makes us see it as a way to spite you, in fact Kemi Olunloyo once blocked me on Twitter because I deliberately used it to spite her because of one of her foolish posts against marriage and people who are married before she later unblocked me, it's your reaction to the tag that makes it a big deal and unfortunately this thing has come to stay
Re: Why Does This Thing Seem Disrespectful To Ladies? by Tajbol4splend(m): 11:26am On Dec 26, 2020
Kobicove:

By addressing a young single lady with those titles you're demarketing her undecided

Demarketing her? What the fvck is she marketing?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Ever Fallen In Love Thru NL? (strictly For The Guys) / I Look Younger Than My Age ??? / Photo: Is This True About Ladies Nowadays On Their Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.