Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,030 members, 7,866,890 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 07:34 AM

International Day For People With Disabilities - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / International Day For People With Disabilities (180 Views)

International Day To End Obstetric Fistula Today 23 May 2021 / JUREMI-A.I.D WALK; People With Disabilities Get NGO Intervention / You’ll Be Amazed How People With Color Blindness See The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

International Day For People With Disabilities by Deluvdoctor(m): 5:00pm On Dec 03, 2020
INTERNATIONAL DAY FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES

Theme: Building Back Better Towards An Inclusive, Accessible And Sustainable Post COVID-19 World By, For And With Persons With Disabilities.

There are so many challenges facing persons living with disabilities especially in an underdeveloped country like Nigeria that we survive by the special grace of God.

Disability is not inability as there is always ability in disability, pls see the person in us and not the physical deformity.

May I use this auspicious day marked out to highlight the plights of the disabled man and woman globally to call on the Federal/State Governments to facilitate the effective implementation of the disability law as an effective means of properly integrating the disabled into the mainstream society that ensures equal opportunities to all

On this day , I want to extend once again my deep appreciation to my boss, Distinguished Senator Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah for being the highest individual benefactor to persons living with disabilities in Anambra State and beyond.

I have also been keenly following his actions in the Red Chambers aimed at diligently championing moves that have welfare of the physically challenged and the disabled as priority .

He has been the highest in terms of donation of welfare items to the disabled ranging from automatic wheel chairs in thousands as well as speech guide phones used by the blind, walking aids, crutches, Scholarships, Etc

The only office holder in Anambra State that has an office of a special adviser catering to issues affecting the disabled in the state .

The National leader of a political party (the YPP) that has the enviable record of being the only political party in Nigeria with a position in its National Working Committee for an Adviser in Charge of Disability affairs

God bless Distinguished Senator Dr Ifeanyi Ubah.

#DisabledLivesMatters
#AbiltyInDisability
#OpenDoorRevolution

Amobi Okonkwo,
SSA on Physically Challenged and Disability Matters
to Senator Dr Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah

(1) (Reply)

What Is Jedi?? / Engineer Sule Launches Second Phase Of Measles Immunization, Commissions Primary / What A Lady's Friends Did For Her After She Spent Her Earnings On Hospital Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.