Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? (1608 Views)

A Challenge To All Witches/wizards/black Magicians/spiritualists / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / Muslims Storm Egyptian Church, Attack Worshippers, Call For It To Be Demolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:41am On Dec 04, 2020
No, they didn't. They did exactly what magicians of today would do — trick people. The magic was mere tricks, deceit, secret-art (as the scripture calls it) etc. No one except GOD can create life out of non-living thing(staff)... It was a trick.
Moses's own was real because GOD did it, and HE alone can do that (create life from non-life)
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by enilove(m): 7:49am On Dec 04, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
No, they didn't. They did exactly what magicians of today would do — trick people. The magic was mere tricks, deceit, secret-art (as the scripture calls it) etc. No one except GOD can create life out of non-living thing(staff)... It was a trick.
Moses's own was real because GOD did it, and HE alone can do that (create life from non-life)

They did but with the power of the devil :

Exodus 7:11-12 KJV
Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments. [12] For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.

1 Like

Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:13am On Dec 04, 2020
enilove:

They did but with the power of the devil :

Exodus 7:11-12 KJV
Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the magicians of Egypt, they also did in like manner with their enchantments. [12] For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.

Read the verse clearly and understand. Magicians and sorcerers cannot create life out of non-life otherwise it will contradict GOD's Word. Other versions used "secret art" for good reason because that's what magicians do. They do what the world calls illusion. It's a lie...it's what the scripture calls "lying signs and wonders."
You really believe satan or magicians can touch water or stone and turn them to wine or bird for example? If they can do that they can aswell be able to open the eyes of the blind.

Exodus 7:10-13
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by enilove(m): 8:20am On Dec 04, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Read the verse clearly and understand. Magicians and sorcerers cannot create life out of non-life otherwise it will contradict GOD's Word. Other versions used "secret art" for good reason because that's what magicians do. They do what the world calls illusion. It's a lie...it's what the scripture calls "lying signs and wonders."
You really believe satan or magicians can touch water or stone and turn them to wine or bird for example? If they can do that they can aswell be able to open the eyes of the blind.

Exodus 7:10-13

They can open the eyes of the blind if they were the ones responsible for the blindness.

1 Like

Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:32am On Dec 04, 2020
enilove:

They can open the eyes of the blind if they were the ones responsible for the blindness.

Be specific.
Ofcourse, If you blind a human being with something you can remove (like inserting a darkened soft tissue inside the eye), you should be able to remove it. But that is not supernatural. It's deceit.
If you cause a human being to have headaches you should be able stop the headache if you have the cure. That is trick not supernatural.
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by shadeyinka(m): 9:54am On Dec 04, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:
You seem to believe that occult powers do not exist. This notion is wrong!

Yes, magicians use lots of tricks BUT they also mesmerise people with real things.

Exodus 8:17-19
17 And they did so. Aaron stretched out his hand with his staff and struck the dust of the earth, and bthere were gnats on man and beast. All the dust of the earth became gnats in all the land of Egypt. 18 The magicians tried by their secret arts to produce gnats, but they could not. So there were gnats on man and beast. 19 Then the magicians said to Pharaoh, “This is the finger of God.” But Pharaoh’s heart was hardened, and he would not listen to them, as the Lord had said.

In the scripture above, they acknowledged that producing gnats was out of their league: their magic failed from this point on. I seems that God blocked their powers
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by Ihedinobi3: 6:13pm On Dec 04, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Not to belabor the point, but it is dangerous to add or remove things from the Bible.

It is true that no one can create life but God, but, in fact, no one can do anything at all unless God made them able to do it.

The Bible is clear that God empowers our free will choices to make clear who belongs to Him and who doesn't. If people choose sorcery and enchantment, the Lord is not only able to but also often chooses to empower their choice.

This is why we see in Revelation 13 that the antichrist and his prophet are granted power to do the powerful things that they do. Satan does give his kingdom of darkness to the Antichrist, but the power to rule over the whole world and to fight against the saints and conquer them and also to do incredible miracles that deceive the wicked comes from God, not from any other source.

25 They shall drive you from men, your dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and they shall make you eat grass like oxen. They shall wet you with the dew of heaven, and seven times shall pass over you, till you know that the Most High rules in the kingdom of men, and gives it to whomever He chooses.
Daniel 4:25 (NKJV) (see also vv 17,32)

7 “Awake, O sword, against My Shepherd, Against the Man who is My Companion,” Says the LORD of hosts. “Strike the Shepherd, And the sheep will be scattered; Then I will turn My hand against the little ones. 8 And it shall come to pass in all the land,” Says the LORD, “That two-thirds in it shall be cut off and die, But one-third shall be left in it: 9 I will bring the one-third through the fire, Will refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them. I will say, ‘This is My people’; And each one will say, ‘The LORD is my God.’ ”
Zechariah 13:7-9 (NKJV)

9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
2 Thessalonians 2:9-12 (NKJV)

Even Satan has no power to do a thing, if the power did not come from God. You can see that in this last passage above.

I wish very much that you would believe the Scriptures and turn around from this wicked path so that you will be saved from the just reward that is due to your actions. You are causing many to stumble. You are teaching lies and calling yourself a prophet when the Lord has not given a prophecy in nearly two thousand years now. You have no idea what happens to those who mislead God's people.

I hope that you repent. You have zeal obviously, but the Scriptures say,

2 It is not good to have zeal without knowledge, nor to be hasty and miss the way.
Proverbs 19:2 (NIV 1984)

2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and seeking to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted to the righteousness of God.
Romans 10:2-3 (NKJV)

Wishing for your good here.
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by Ihedinobi3: 7:29pm On Dec 04, 2020
shadeyinka:

Yes, magicians use lots of tricks BUT they also mesmerise people with real things.

17 And they did so. Aaron stretched out his hand with his staff and struck the dust of the earth, and bthere were gnats on man and beast. All the dust of the earth became gnats in all the land of Egypt. 18 The magicians tried by their secret arts to produce gnats, but they could not. So there were gnats on man and beast. 19 Then the magicians said to Pharaoh, “This is the finger of God.” But Pharaoh’s heart was hardened, and he would not listen to them, as the Lord had said.

In the scripture above, they acknowledged that producing gnats was out of their league: their magic failed from this point on. I seems that God blocked their powers

Hello shadeyinka.

Good response. I quite agree.

However, it is not necessarily just that God blocked their powers. It is that God only empowered them earlier to do what they did so that Pharaoh could make a free will choice about obeying Moses and Aaron. When he had made his choice clear that he wouldn't bow to God for some reason (the reason being that his magicians were presumably just as powerful as God), then God tested him by removing the empowerment. Again he showed that even if there was no alternative to God's power, he wouldn't yield to Him.

All power belongs to God. Satan has nothing of his own. Obviously, he was created by God. Obviously, his prehistoric position and preeminence among the angels as a cherub was God's own gracious gift to him. Any powers that he exercises were given to him by God and are regulated entirely by God as well.

So, whereas sometimes God does restrict the powers that Satan and his agents do have, in many cases, they simply don't have the power to perform one thing or another because He just didn't give it to them. That, I suspect, is what the case was with the Egyptian magicians. What spirits were behind their powers probably did not have that level of power and God did not permit any "higher-ups" in Satan's hierarchy to help them out there.

During the Tribulation, God will grant Satan and his cohorts far more latitude than they have ever had to exert their powers to deceive everyone on earth. So, we will see greater displays of power than what the Egyptian magicians could manage at that time. The very antichrist himself is a Nephilim, that is, he doesn't have a human father, although he will have a Jewish mother. This is the same thing that happened in Genesis 6. Because Satan is his father, he will display powers beyond anything any human besides the Lord Jesus Himself has ever managed. His wound, for example, is actually a fatal one. As far as the unbelieving world is concerned, his assassination will be thought to have been successful, but he will recover from it and even invade Israel to claim the third Temple for himself. Things like this will cause many who don't love the truth to give their allegiance to him.
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by shadeyinka(m): 8:54pm On Dec 04, 2020
Ihedinobi3:

Hello shadeyinka.

Good response. I quite agree.

However, it is not necessarily just that God blocked their powers. It is that God only empowered them earlier to do what they did so that Pharaoh could make a free will choice about obeying Moses and Aaron. When he had made his choice clear that he wouldn't bow to God for some reason (the reason being that his magicians were presumably just as powerful as God), then God tested him by removing the empowerment. Again he showed that even if there was no alternative to God's power, he wouldn't yield to Him.

All power belongs to God. Satan has nothing of his own. Obviously, he was created by God. Obviously, his prehistoric position and preeminence among the angels as a cherub was God's own gracious gift to him. Any powers that he exercises were given to him by God and are regulated entirely by God as well.

So, whereas sometimes God does restrict the powers that Satan and his agents do have, in many cases, they simply don't have the power to perform one thing or another because He just didn't give it to them. That, I suspect, is what the case was with the Egyptian magicians. What spirits were behind their powers probably did not have that level of power and God did not permit any "higher-ups" in Satan's hierarchy to help them out there.

During the Tribulation, God will grant Satan and his cohorts far more latitude than they have ever had to exert their powers to deceive everyone on earth. So, we will see greater displays of power than what the Egyptian magicians could manage at that time. The very antichrist himself is a Nephilim, that is, he doesn't have a human father, although he will have a Jewish mother. This is the same thing that happened in Genesis 6. Because Satan is his father, he will display powers beyond anything any human besides the Lord Jesus Himself has ever managed. His wound, for example, is actually a fatal one. As far as the unbelieving world is concerned, his assassination will be thought to have been successful, but he will recover from it and even invade Israel to claim the third Temple for himself. Things like this will cause many who don't love the truth to give their allegiance to him.
I agree with you to a large extent BUT I also look at it from the point of view that the gifts and the calling of God are without repentance. This principle even still apply to satan as well after his fall, it looks like the angels of God still recognize the emense authority and power he possess. I will give you two scriptures to buttress this
1. Jude 1:9-10
But even the archangel Michael, when he disputed with the devil over the body of Moses, did not presume to bring a slanderous charge against him, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” 10These men, however, slander what they do not understand,...

It seems the Arch Angel Michael still respected the authrity carried by satan even though he was in a fallen state. This show that satan may not be that powerless. Thanks be to God through Christ that He made everything subject to His children.

2. Daniel 10:20-21
“Do you know why I have come to you?” he said. “I must return at once to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I have gone forth, behold, the prince of Greece will come. 21But first I will tell you what is inscribed in the Book of Truth. Yet no one has the courage to support me against these, except Michael your prince.

Daniel's prayer was held up for 30 days because these principalities blocked the way: I will assume that they were a formidable force for Gabriel had to return to continue the fight with Michael against these foes.

Finally, in a prophecy for the end times, Jesus the Christ warned,

Matthew 24:24
"False christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect" .

The Lord help His own in this dangerous time
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by Ihedinobi3: 10:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
shadeyinka:

I agree with you to a large extent BUT I also look at it from the point of view that the gifts and the calling of God are without repentance. This principle even still apply to satan as well after his fall, it looks like the angels of God still recognize the emense authority and power he possess. I will give you two scriptures to buttress this
1. Jude 1:9-10
But even the archangel Michael, when he disputed with the devil over the body of Moses, did not presume to bring a slanderous charge against him, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!” 10These men, however, slander what they do not understand,...

It seems the Arch Angel Michael still respected the authrity carried by satan even though he was in a fallen state. This show that satan may not be that powerless. Thanks be to God through Christ that He made everything subject to His children.

2. Daniel 10:20-21
“Do you know why I have come to you?” he said. “I must return at once to fight against the prince of Persia, and when I have gone forth, behold, the prince of Greece will come. 21But first I will tell you what is inscribed in the Book of Truth. Yet no one has the courage to support me against these, except Michael your prince.

Daniel's prayer was held up for 30 days because these principalities blocked the way: I will assume that they were a formidable force for Gabriel had to return to continue the fight with Michael against these foes.

Finally, in a prophecy for the end times, Jesus the Christ warned,

Matthew 24:24
"False christs and false prophets will rise and show great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect" .

The Lord help His own in this dangerous time

I think that that might be a mistake. It is true that the gifts and calling of God are irrevocable, but there is a consequence for rebelling against Him. For example, this is the full context of the passage you refer to with that statement --

21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?
25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”
28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, 31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God has committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.
Romans 11:21-32 (NKJV)

As you will see above, that God favored the Jews did not exempt them from having to obey Him. Those of them who disobeyed He summarily cut off from the promises that He made to their fathers. To replace them, He chose obedient Gentiles. So, that God's calling and gift is not revocable is not reason to think that Satan will remain a cherub forever or that God does not act judicially against him and his agents.

The true picture is this: Satan is experiencing a suspended sentence. He and his agents have been allowed by the Lord to continue to exercise their powers within limits dictated by Him in order to allow humankind to be tested with our own free will choices. For this to even work, the elect angels have to operate in such a way as to not completely neutralize the power of Satan and his fellow rebel angels. Since that means not unilaterally ignoring his authority as a cherub, which authority has not yet been completely removed by the Lord, elect angels dealing with him have to appeal to the Lord Who rules over all. So, someone like Michael who is only an archangel, two ranks below a cherub, would appeal to the Lord when Satan tries to prevent him from carrying out God's direct orders. Then, of course, God who completely and infinitely outranks Satan would intervene to uphold Michael's right to do as he was commanded. This is not something that will continue infinitely. Eventually, Satan will have his suspended sentence executed: he and his fellow rebel angels will be consigned to the Lake of Fire for all eternity. At that time, he will no longer be any kind of cherub with any kind of authority. No one will care who he is or be troubled by his opposition (Isaiah 14:9-11; 15-17; Ezekiel 28:16b-19). This is not to say that the gifts and calling of God can be revoked, but it does mean that God can destroy everything that He has created with an utter destruction that the sinner can fully experience consciously (Matthew 10:28; 2 Timothy 2:12b-13; Hebrews 10:31; 12:29).

The angel that you spoke of in Daniel though is not Gabriel. Gabriel is an archangel, just like Michael and five others who are unnamed in the Scriptures. I suppose that there might be something to the thought that the angel you are speaking of may be an archangel too, but he could also be an authority, one rank below an archangel. One thing is for sure though: even archangels are lower in rank than the kingly elders (24 on God's side, an unknown number on Satan's). It was the equivalent of this rank on Satan's side that the angel was left with until Michael came to help him. Since the archangels are like generals in God's army, their authority is very considerable, and as we see with Michael in his altercation with Satan, they are probably able to successfully treat with even these kingly elders. Perhaps, though, that is special to Michael. Michael's office as an archangel is special, after all. He is the "prince" who protects God's people, and seeing as there are only six angelic clans left among the elect, he is probably not attached to an angelic clan and is specifically associated with all military operations concerning believers in this world. That degree of authority might make him able to stand up to even the "thrones" on Satan's side, just as he did to Satan himself. We know too that in the middle of the Tribulation, it is Michael who will lead the attack on Satan with his own special unit in the heavens and drive him and his fellow rebels down to the earth to await the final battle with the Lord Jesus at Armageddon after which Satan will be imprisoned with his fellow rebels for the thousand years of Jesus's rule over the earth.

So, as I said before, Satan and his agents are both restricted in the exercise of their powers and also not able to exercise just any power they like, because they really don't have all power. Some things are beyond their ability. God never gave them such power. Other things that are within their ability are regulated by the Lord often through the elect angels. The existence of ranks also means that all rebel angels are not equal. Some can do things that others can't, and sometimes the Lord interferes to prevent them from helping each other. As I have just said, Satan himself will sire the antichrist, so he may actually be able to produce gnats from the dust of the ground, but if the Lord does not let him do it, then he cannot do it. His weak underlings then would have to eat humble crow before Moses and Aaron.
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by lorenzos1: 12:03am On Dec 05, 2020
It is a big folly to say powers of darkness do not exist. But once you know your God, no Evil shall by any means hurt you.
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by At10tion: 4:29am On Dec 05, 2020
@op Satanic or Occultic power exists and can bring into manifestation anything as willed by the enchanter!

If enchantments or incantations with careful laydown process can bring into real time physical manifestations demons of menacing figure with foul odour of sulphur fills the air, how much less a serpent!!

But the scripture already declared it, "All power belongs to God" and so "He has given us power to trample upon snakes and serpents and all powers of the enemies and nothing shall by any means hurt us"
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:22am On Dec 05, 2020
shadeyinka:

The simple truth is that ALL the magicians did were deception. They can't create life (as we know it) out of nothing or from nothing/non-life , only GOD, the CREATOR of Heaven and Earth can do that. It's false miracle. The false miracles are called secret art or magic for that reason. Why secret? Because they have to fake it.

I'm revealing this truth not to be proven right but for what is coming in the near future (lying signs and wonders). It will shock and deceive many people that they will think it's real miracle and believe the deciever.
Here is an idea how to know they are fake miracle when the time comes, investigate the "miracles". They will be alot of deception don in secret to deceive people into thinking they are real miracles. Search for what they did in secrets!
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by OpenYourEyes1: 7:34am On Dec 05, 2020
At10tion:
@op Satanic or Occultic power exists and can bring into manifestation anything as willed by the enchanter!

If enchantments or incantations with careful laydown process can bring into real time physical manifestations demons of menacing figure with foul odour of sulphur fills the air, how much less a serpent!!

But the scripture already declared it, "All power belongs to God" and so "He has given us power to trample upon snakes and serpents and all powers of the enemies and nothing shall by any means hurt us"
Could you please get the prophets of baal or servents of satan who can bring a living serpent out of nothing or from non-life? I need to see them and they must prove it publicly, away from stage/location they choose.
If they fail to prove it, they will be judged by GOD.
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by petra1(m): 8:00am On Dec 05, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Be specific.
Ofcourse, If you blind a human being with something you can remove (like inserting a darkened soft tissue inside the eye), you should be able to remove it. But that is not supernatural. It's deceit.
If you cause a human being to have headaches you should be able stop the headache if you have the cure. That is trick not supernatural.

So if the devil cause headache and heals it is not a real healing . What did you say when a Christian heals it.

You should also know that the kingdom of darkness is not united . They have factions. Why do people fight each other with charms and even kill each other with charms. We should avoid creating a doctrine we are not sure of..if the bible says they turn rid to serpent. Take it for what they bibke says
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by shadeyinka(m): 8:21am On Dec 05, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

The simple truth is that ALL the magicians did were deception. They can't create life (as we know it) out of nothing or from nothing/non-life , only GOD, the CREATOR of Heaven and Earth can do that. It's false miracle. The false miracles are called secret art or magic for that reason. Why secret? Because they have to fake it.

I'm revealing this truth not to be proven right but for what is coming in the near future (lying signs and wonders). It will shock and deceive many people that they will think it's real miracle and believe the deciever.
Here is an idea how to know they are fake miracle when the time comes, investigate the "miracles". They will be alot of deception don in secret to deceive people into thinking they are real miracles. Search for what they did in secrets!
Can they (magicians) create life?
The obvious answer is NO!

Can they mimic life or create an illusion of life?
Yes!
To turn a rod into a snake might require a magical substitution of the rod with a real snake! It creates an illusion of the rod turning into snakes.

This kind of magic looks authentic in every respect except that is is a magic of substitution.

However, in the end times, the the second beast will be permitted to perform the real magic of giving life to an inanimate thing

Revelation 13:14-15
14Because of the signs it was given to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived those who dwell on the earth, telling them to make an image to the beast that had been wounded by the sword and yet had lived. 15 The second beast was permitted to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship it to be killed.
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by Ihedinobi3: 8:30am On Dec 05, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Obviously, when you see the miracles that will be performed by false prophets including the prophet of the antichrist, they will deceive you because of their genuineness.

Where does the Bible say that magicians cannot create life? Is this something you are making up or that you read in the Bible?
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:38am On Dec 05, 2020
petra1:

So if the devil cause headache and heals it is not a real healing . What did you say when a Christian heals it.

You should also know that the kingdom of darkness is not united . They have factions. Why do people fight each other with charms and even kill each other with charms. We should avoid creating a doctrine we are not sure of..if the bible says they turn rid to serpent. Take it for what they bibke says

If you hit someone's head on something and the person develops headaches, you could heal that person naturally with simple drugs. But this is not the type of healing am referring to. Do you understand supernatural/miraculous healing? They are healing that are beyond our limited abilities to heal with what GOD has given us. GOD the CREATOR who understands your body better than you can simply command what he created and they will obey & heal. We don't have that power, unless GOD does it through us (HIS servants).

If the Bible says false prophets from Egypt said something will happen and it happen, that would rightly mean they did it by their own/satan's power not GOD's Power. And whatever people do by their power to counterfeit GOD's power will be fake, full of lies, tricks etc.
Do you agree?
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by Ihedinobi3: 8:40am On Dec 05, 2020
shadeyinka:

Yes!
To turn a rod into a snake might require a magical substitution of the rod with a real snake! It creates an illusion of the rod turning into snakes.

This kind of magic looks authentic in every respect except that is is a magic of substitution.

However, in the end times, the the second beast will be permitted to perform the real magic of giving life to an inanimate thing

14Because of the signs it was given to perform on behalf of the first beast, it deceived those who dwell on the earth, telling them to make an image to the beast that had been wounded by the sword and yet had lived. 15 The second beast was permitted to give breath to the image of the first beast, so that the image could speak and cause all who refused to worship it to be killed.

Whatever the mechanics might be, the Bible says that the magicians had their wooden rods turn into snakes. Of course, it is God Who gives life, but does the Bible teach that He does not grant the power to do things like that to the enemy?

I did mention the example of the Nephilim. How were demons able to produce human children through relations with human women? In order for a human being to exist, God creates a human spirit to animate a human body. How then did the Nephilim exist? They were not normal human beings. They were insane productions of angelic and human dalliance. Did God honor that dalliance by creating a human spirit to animate the strange creations that the women bore for the rebel angels? Obviously He did, or else they would not have been living creatures at all. Is this a contradiction of God's Character? Not at all. After all, not a single evil thought, word, or deed would exist unless God made it possible, that is, unless He empowered it. Those who sin can only sin because God gives them the ability to sin. Nephilim could only exist because God made them able to exist. Wood can be turned into living snakes only because God made it possible for the magicians to do that.

All power comes from God. God allows and empowers evil only to demonstrate just how evil it is. Extrabiblical speculations are the way to end up in disobedience to God. If the Bible says a thing, the right thing to do is to humbly believe it and obey it, not to make excuses for it or to adjust it in any way to fit any unilateral ideas that we have.

7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD and shun evil.
Proverbs 3:7 (NIV)
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by OpenYourEyes1: 8:51am On Dec 05, 2020
shadeyinka:

Yes!

That can't be real life because servants of satan can't give real life.
The Holy Bible already says the wonders and signs will be Lying Signs and Wonders, which means they won't be the real thing. The Holy Bible already gives us a clue. The truth is what we should based our belief on so we don't get deceived when the lying signs and wonders start.
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by petra1(m): 9:03am On Dec 05, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Do you agree?

I dont agree. At least not in full.

The enemy has power. did God destroy the power he gave Satan?

I do cast devils out. And I have witnessed demonic power . I have seen seen cases where Satan brings money to people supernaturaly . One particular lady who had issue with "spiritual husband " this spirits brings money to her . It shows in her purse or wardrobe when she needs it . It only stopped when the devil was cast put .

There was another lady who receives clothes supernaturally. Whenever she needs one and expresses the desire . If she goes out and come back there would be bags of clothes in the locked room . I'm talking about designer clothes. After casting the spirit out . We had to bring the clothes out and set fire on them.

God never said Satan has not power

I may encourage you to read the book of enoch and the book of jasher .

It let's us know the supernatural in that generation both light and dark.

I
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by orisa37: 9:45am On Dec 05, 2020
YES. GOD EMPOWERED THE MAGICIANS TO GIVE PHARAOH SOME LEASE OF LIFE. BUT MOSES SNAKE SWALLOWED ALL THE MAGICIAN SNAKES..
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by orisa37: 9:49am On Dec 05, 2020
YES. GOD EMPOWERED THE MAGICIANS TO GIVE PHARAOH SOME LEASE OF LIFE. BUT MOSES SNAKE SWALLOWED ALL THE MAGICIAN SNAKES.. WE SHALL WITNESS SIMILAR MIRACLE SOON IN THIS VERY NIGERIA IJN AMEN AMEN AMEN.!!!
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by At10tion: 11:33am On Dec 05, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Could you please get the prophets of baal or servents of satan who can bring a living serpent out of nothing or from non-life? I need to see them and they must prove it publicly, away from stage/location they choose.
If they fail to prove it, they will be judged by GOD.
Unmh. They are all around you!! Just open your eyes and see, and when you discern them bring them to open challenge.
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by OpenYourEyes1: 1:18pm On Dec 05, 2020
petra1:

I do cast devils out. And I have witnessed demonic power . I have seen seen cases where Satan brings money to people supernaturaly . One particular lady who had issue with "spiritual husband " this spirits brings money to her . It shows in her purse or wardrobe when she needs it . It only stopped when the devil was cast put .

There was another lady who receives clothes supernaturally. Whenever she needs one and expresses the desire . If she goes out and come back there would be bags of clothes in the locked room . I'm talking about designer clothes. After casting the spirit out . We had to bring the clothes out and set fire on them.

I may encourage you to read the book of enoch and the book of jasher .

I

Supernaturally? You mean the clothes (or money) can disappear and appear, or satan and his servants can make any normal cloth disappear and appear? Hope you understand what that mean? It means a cloth could be physically altered/rearranged to pass through hard objects (the house solid bodies in this case) and perfectly reappear/rearranged to its formal self? You really underestimate what GOD has made with his hands and overestimate the knowledge/power of satan and his servants
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by OpenYourEyes1: 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2020
At10tion:
Unmh. They are all around you!! Just open your eyes and see, and when you discern them bring them to open challenge.

I have never seen anyone before, why don't you prove what you know? You seem to know about enchantments and incantation.
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by At10tion: 1:41pm On Dec 05, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

I have never seen anyone before, why don't you prove what you know? You seem to know about enchantments and incantation.
since you are ignorant about it, then don't say what you don't know. The Bible story is there for you to have an idea, and hold on to the basic of the truth, and if you want to know more, you can dig deep by the power of the spirit and discern your environment not asking someone to do that for you!!
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by OpenYourEyes1: 2:11pm On Dec 05, 2020
At10tion:
since you are ignorant about it, then don't say what you don't know. The Bible story is there for you to have an idea, and hold on to the basic of the truth, and if you want to know more, you can dig deep by the power of the spirit and discern your environment not asking someone to do that for you!!
You don't persuade a friend to believe something he is sure is impossible by asking him to search for the truth. I would immediately prove the truth with Evidence or the Holy scripture. You only showed what you think the Holy scripture says about the Egyptian magicians, it's clearly not what it means. Magicians can't really turn a Stick/staff to Snake. What they did was deception, lie, illusion to make people think they can do what Moses did. Only GOD the CREATOR can turn a Stick to real Snake.
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by petra1(m): 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

Supernaturally? You mean the clothes (or money) can disappear and appear, or satan and his servants can make any normal cloth disappear and appear? Hope you understand what that mean? It means a cloth could be physically altered/rearranged to pass through hard objects (the house solid bodies in this case) and perfectly reappear/rearranged to its formal self? You really underestimate what GOD has made with his hands and overestimate the knowledge/power of satan and his servants

I don't get your point. Are you saying the experience of money appearing is not true. Or it is true but I shouldn't mention it because it will be seen as glorification of the devil?
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by Blabbermouth: 7:56pm On Dec 05, 2020
petra1:

None of the powers involved Satan creating or giving Life.

You are seated above every worldly power, nothing less than beating the hell out of demons is expected of you.

Spirits bringing money? Very possible!

Okay, the above never pass satan power.

None of which involves life-giving.

I may encourage you to read the book of enoch and the book of jasher
Jasher? I will skip. Jasher's book hasn't been found.

Ok.
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by tobechi74: 8:00pm On Dec 05, 2020
I love it when Christians begin to question the Bible
Re: Did The Egyptian Magicians Turn Staff To Snake? by shadeyinka(m): 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2020
OpenYourEyes1:

That can't be real life because servants of satan can't give real life.
The Holy Bible already says the wonders and signs will be Lying Signs and Wonders, which means they won't be the real thing. The Holy Bible already gives us a clue. The truth is what we should based our belief on so we don't get deceived when the lying signs and wonders start.
I prefer to go with the obvious meaning of the scripture

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Verse In The Bible That Said God Has Strength Of "Unicorn" (WTF!) / Understanding The Origin Of Demons - The Pre-adamic Race / Are Fatwa Killings Justifiable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.