Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,095 members, 7,825,456 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

The Pain Of Expired Passport Holders In Qatar. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The Pain Of Expired Passport Holders In Qatar. (1039 Views)

Lady, Her Family Fly Airpeace From Gatwick London To Lagos With Expired Passport / Seychelles Places A Ban On Nigerian Passport Holders / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Pain Of Expired Passport Holders In Qatar. by LiftedMan: 11:04am On Dec 04, 2020
Good day everyone,

I`m compelled to write this because of the sufferings of many Nigerian in Qatar relating to passport renewals. This is not shocking at all as we have read of the tails of Nigerians in Canada and Europe who have been in similar situations because of the inability of the Immigration and embassy to renew this travel document in time especially when you are based outside the shores of Nigeria.

What is a passport? passport is a travel document, usually issued by a country's government to its citizens, that certifies the identity and nationality of its holder primarily for the purpose of international travel. The Nigerian Immigration and whoever is in charge of producing this document certainly need help to serve Nigerians better, i`ve read tails of those who applied for passport within and outside the shores of Nigeria and how they waited months to get it because they didn't do the needful or failure of governance.

Many Nigerians in Qatar are at a cross road not knowing what do because the Nigerian embassy in Doha doesn't have a passport machine but they usually invite the embassy in UAE to help in renewing passport for Nigerians here, due to the pandemic this has not being possible, or maybe the fact that Nigeria has not replaced the ambassador to Qatar that died a year or 2 ago, who knows. Returning to Nigeria to renew their passport is what most people do here and that itself has becoming an expensive venture full of many risk which includes the possibility of being stuck in Nigeria because you need to acquire a re-entry permit after you exit to return when you leave Qatar( i heard its easy to obtain now). This has made many Nigeria jettison the idea of coming to Nigeria.

Now, we have citizens with expired passport and residency, babies born without having proper identity, people who are unable to pickup jobs because of expired residency some of whom have taken to twitter to beg those in power to intervene . i just hope that something will change soon for the Nigerians in Qatar so the hundreds of Nigerians with expired passport will be sorted out before it becomes a national embarrassment.

cc: lalastica
cc: seun
cc: justwise

1 Like

Re: The Pain Of Expired Passport Holders In Qatar. by AlayeKondogbia: 11:10am On Dec 04, 2020
OP thank you for posting this. I hope it gets the FP but i doubt it sha.
Re: The Pain Of Expired Passport Holders In Qatar. by LiftedMan: 11:13am On Dec 04, 2020
AlayeKondogbia:
OP thank you for posting this. I hope it gets the FP but i doubt it sha.
i hope it gets to front page too. we need help here in Qatar.
Re: The Pain Of Expired Passport Holders In Qatar. by Ge0grapher(m): 11:52am On Dec 04, 2020
Dem no go carry this one go front page now oo.. if na snake and bbnaija, the thing go become nairaland wallpaper.
Re: The Pain Of Expired Passport Holders In Qatar. by LiftedMan: 1:31pm On Dec 04, 2020
Ge0grapher:
Dem no go carry this one go front page now oo.. if na snake and bbnaija, the thing go become nairaland wallpaper.

I thought so too.
Re: The Pain Of Expired Passport Holders In Qatar. by samuel19222(m): 10:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
Naija
Re: The Pain Of Expired Passport Holders In Qatar. by Vietnaminfo(m): 6:39am On Dec 05, 2020
The same plight we are going through in Vietnam. Nigeria mission both in Nigeria and outside Nigeria are messed up. Other nationalities are attending to their subjects but the case of Nigerians abroad is appoling. God should help us.
Re: The Pain Of Expired Passport Holders In Qatar. by Jorussia(m): 6:47am On Dec 05, 2020
It's not only Qatar my brother.To get passport in Europe and even in Nigeria is now an herculean task.I thank God say my passport still get over 3years for my passport.
Re: The Pain Of Expired Passport Holders In Qatar. by LiftedMan: 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2021
please Help us in Qatar. you posted about Vietnam in FP.

cc: lalastica
cc: seun
cc: justwise

(1) (Reply)

Countries Aside Africa And Asia That Has Faster Visa Processing / UAE Government Sentences Nigerian Woman To One-year Jail Term Over Twitter Post / Sweden Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.