Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,314 members, 7,836,362 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. (4140 Views)

Joe Igbokwe On 2023 Presidency: 'Igbo Candidate Can’t Be Trusted / El-zakzaky: US Warns Americans In Nigeria / Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by privaldo: 5:50am On Dec 05, 2020
Rossntti:
Everything points to things getting worse in America.

These food lines could be just the beginning.

The way Trump and his millions of supporters are refusing to accept defeat at the polls spells all sorts of trouble for that country.

There is talk of civil war in the divided nation.

Plus the covid scamdemic is leading to thousands of shut businesses and lost incomes.

Biden's entry will increase the number and scope of lockdowns, and further tank the economy.

Well done, Oga Analyst. You are quick to foresee the downfall of another nation (light years ahead of yours) but also swift as an eagle to shut another person, foreseeing the doom of your own country.
I can see that Nigeria is not also on the brink of a war (with the rise of agitations and talks of marginalization), and the economy is performing well not to talk of how expertly the spread of the Covid-19 has been handled. For you to call Covid-19, a scam of a virus then you should be quick to join people of your level at Yaba Left and stop meddling in things you have little or no power to effect change.
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by privaldo: 5:55am On Dec 05, 2020
plaindealer:

Many of them are unexposed, they know nothing beyond their village happenings.

Here comes Ijele, the one who has travelled the world over. So, what does your little mind think it has been exposed to, that a person in the 21st century would need to move around like "a shepherd wandering about in search of his lost sheep" that can't be found on the Internet or you feel this is the 1500s?
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by privaldo: 5:57am On Dec 05, 2020
Guestlander:

There's no food shortage in the U.S. The amount of food destroyed in the US every year will make you think they are crazy.

That's what many of them, who claim to know fail to understand. America food reserves that can last it during a 10-year war and you expect them to experience shortage because of a pandemic.
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by traihit: 6:16am On Dec 05, 2020
plaindealer:

What is this one talking about?

Sharing food in Nigeria or long food line in Nigeria is not the point, the point is hunger and in America and thousands of people lining up and spending house in food line in America.

Joe Igbokwe is right, many Americans can not afford a plate of rice and definitely not 50 kg of rice.

I thank God for my life that I'm not hungry or lack access to food so i don't see myself standing in food line in Nigeria, in america or anywhere on the surface of the earth. I thank God and to God be the glory.

The bolded is exactly the reason you should shut up sir if indeed you intended to 'thank God' as you said. Those on queue as you've seen are in their cars, neat cars meaning they're not all among the poorest of the poorest yet, the government provided a foodbank.

But here you are sir, in your mount Olympus of plentousness and abundance, oblivious of thousands of children on the streets tugging at people's clothes for 20 naira, 10 naira etc so they can eat yet, you're talking about many Americans who can't afford a plate of rice.

Let's even do the calculation: America is over 300 million in population, Nigeria is estimated to be a little over 200 million yet, it is the poverty capital of the world with over 100 million poor households. Now, what do you mean by saying "many Americans cannot afford a plate of rice"? Are you talking about a thousand, a hundred thousand or about 100 million like the case in Nigeria.

If politicians can't solve the nation's problem, they should resign and pave the way for the way for those who can and not comparing Nigeria with America. Nigeria is not America either in ideology, HDI, culture or any other method of comparison.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by Elvictor: 6:22am On Dec 05, 2020
Simplyleo:

That's not the point.

Nigerians will queue for food if such opportunity is made available. FACT.

Nigerians buoyant enough to own exotic private cars may not even go, not to talk of queuing with their cars for hours.

Nigerian govt may not have made such public declaration either due to non availability or corruption, whichever suits your purpose.

But now, the point is; is this willingness to queue for food due to LACK peculiar to Nigeria?

Obviously not.

And indeed, US of all places, arguably the richest country in the world in terms of state resources. As we all know, US is a country viewed as perfect by many Black especially Nigerians struggling with issues bordering on complex.

That is the message.

lies, US isn't even in top four richest country in the world, oga
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by donyfrank: 6:28am On Dec 05, 2020
See, they carry cars o to come collect food, but here, na treking we dey use to go collect.
Difference between POORverty and POVERTY
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by godliman: 7:00am On Dec 05, 2020
juman:
I think trump is the worst president in american history.
your thinking is a lie ooo
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by Orjioorji(f): 7:07am On Dec 05, 2020
plaindealer:
Many Nigerians wail, cry, mona and complain, but some of us have a lot to be thankful for because we are not spending 6-10 hours standing in line for food.
Jeo is that you, you messed up big time because of money.
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by DKM123: 7:10am On Dec 05, 2020
Kai! No words mhen! No words!

My father in heaven. All I ask of you is to send thunder to strike down this Buhari paid miscreants. May it never be well with this bast.ards. May they never use the blood money they are receiving for anything good.
Iseeeeeeee!!!!
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by nengibo: 7:39am On Dec 05, 2020
plaindealer:
Many Nigerians wail, cry, mona and complain, but some of us have a lot to be thankful for because we are not spending 6-10 hours standing in line for food.
The same Nigeria where tens of thousands risked their lives to loot palliative
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by Buharidgeneral: 7:46am On Dec 05, 2020
The orderliness here is legendary
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by Iykopee(m): 8:57am On Dec 05, 2020
[quote author=plaindealer post=96742410]

What is this one talking about?

Sharing food in Nigeria or long food line in Nigeria is not the point, the point is hunger and in America and thousands of people lining up and spending house in food line in America.

Joe Igbokwe is right, many Americans can not afford a plate of rice and definitely not 50 kg of rice.

I thank God for my life that I'm not hungry or lack access to food so i don't see myself standing in food line in Nigeria, in america or anywhere on the surface of the earth. I thank God and to God be the glory.

[/quote?

Those guys in those vehicles don't look like people who couldn't afford a plate of rice.

In your own country they haven't seen a plate of rice let alone coming with a vehicle to queue up for one. Even so called palliatives were hidden by your criminally inclined govts

You and Igbokwe are plain senseless
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by CandidSeeker(m): 9:30am On Dec 05, 2020
[quote author=plaindealer post=96740837][/quote]

All that happened during the pandemic.

See how comfortable they all queued in their cars?

How many poor in Nigeria have cars?
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by Twizzy30(m): 12:59pm On Dec 05, 2020
plaindealer:
I expect many of you to keep wailing and keep coming up with irrelevant wailing, covid or pandemic or not, there's always bee serious poverty, food shortages and hunger in America, too bad many of you don't know or just not exposed enough to know.

A higher percentage of those people queuing to get food from food banks are living well, they’re just taking advantage of the opportunity so they can put the money meant for food to other use. And it’s a pandemic, a lot of people are not working so they need to be prudent on their spending.
Do not ever compare how things are in USA to Nigeria.
Poor and disabled people are entitled to some care over there, tell me what do those kind of people get here ?

1 Like

Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by plaindealer: 1:54pm On Dec 05, 2020
Akudaisi:
how can someone be so daft amazes me,Incase you don't know they cue for food because of closure of stores due to the pandemic,and as you can see the government took the initiative to Carter for the masses,and stop lying about Americans not being able to purchase 50kg of rice,it makes you more so dumb like Liar Mohammed,Bubu and Joe Yorubakwe

There are food lines all over America at any given time even before pandemic, that's why they have food banks all over to give food to the hungry and the poo.

The picture below is from just 2 weeks old and stores were not closed and there was no mandate to close any store, I guess you are too daft to know that.

If you can afford 50kg of rice, why stand in line for hours for food?

Thousands of people were just poor, hungry with no money to buy food or even put food on the table for thanksgiving.

Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by plaindealer: 1:57pm On Dec 05, 2020
CandidSeeker:

All that happened during the pandemic.

See how comfortable they all queued in their cars?

How many poor in Nigeria have cars?

What's having cars got to do with being hungry and in need of food?

Or being comfortable in cars means you are not hungry and willing to remain there for hours just to put food in your empty stomach?

You did not make any sense.
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by plaindealer: 1:59pm On Dec 05, 2020
traihit:

The bolded is exactly the reason you should shut up sir if indeed you intended to 'thank God' as you said. Those on queue as you've seen are in their cars, neat cars meaning they're not all among the poorest of the poorest yet, the government provided a foodbank.

But here you are sir, in your mount Olympus of plentousness and abundance, oblivious of thousands of children on the streets tugging at people's clothes for 20 naira, 10 naira etc so they can eat yet, you're talking about many Americans who can't afford a plate of rice.

Let's even do the calculation: America is over 300 million in population, Nigeria is estimated to be a little over 200 million yet, it is the poverty capital of the world with over 100 million poor households. Now, what do you mean by saying "many Americans cannot afford a plate of rice"? Are you talking about a thousand, a hundred thousand or about 100 million like the case in Nigeria.

If politicians can't solve the nation's problem, they should resign and pave the way for the way for those who can and not comparing Nigeria with America. Nigeria is not America either in ideology, HDI, culture or any other method of comparison.

You failed right there, food banks are not funded or created by the governments, they are all from private efforts and public donation, that single failure betrayed the rest of your writeup.
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by plaindealer: 2:01pm On Dec 05, 2020
privaldo:

Here comes Ijele, the one who has travelled the world over. So, what does your little mind think it has been exposed to, that a person in the 21st century would need to move around like "a shepherd wandering about in search of his lost sheep" that can't be found on the Internet or you feel this is the 1500s?

Exactly what's this got to do with thousands of people sitting in line for house just to put food in their empty stomach?
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by plaindealer: 2:06pm On Dec 05, 2020
privaldo:

That's the issue in Nigeria, the middle class and the elite thinks life begins and ends with them. The mere fact you can afford a 50-kg bag of Rice doesn't mean someone from the lower class can but because you want to push a narrative that all is well (when you clearly know it is not), you avoid the plague that the lower class pass through and go on "dancing the David dance".

Caveat: We may be experiencing situations worse than this in the nearest future (due to insurgency and lack of accessibility to farmlands), if eventually that period comes I hope you would maintain the same vigour.

You don't know me and you don't know what class I belong to and the fact that I'm not at the point where I'm hungry and need access to food or willing to stand in line for several hours to feed myself has nothing to do with class.

The point here is the fact that even in America for whatever reason or reasons, people are hungry and they ware willing to cue for hours to put food in their stomach, that's the fact and the truth regardless of all the irrelevant spinning and diversions you people are trying to make, it just doesn't change anything,

Regardless of our situations in life, we all have a lot to be thankful for
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by plaindealer: 2:12pm On Dec 05, 2020
This is 2017, no pandemic, but people were still hungry and standing in line for food.

This is the dark underside of America many people don't see.

Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by ULOPVQ: 2:23pm On Dec 05, 2020
plaindealer:

You don't know me and you don't know what class I belong to and the fact that I'm not at the point where I'm hungry and need access to food or willing to stand in line for several hours to feed myself has nothing to do with class.

The point here is the fact that even in America for whatever reason or reasons, people are hungry and they ware willing to cue for hours to put food in their stomach, that's the fact and the truth regardless of all the irrelevant spinning and diversions you people are trying to make, it just doesn't change anything,

Regardless of our situations in life, we all have a lot to be thankful for

This is an alternate account.

For the mere fact that you're not at a point, where you are willing to queue up for meals says a lot about your social class, or don't you think so?

People are queuing for food because stores are locked due to Covid-19 restrictions, you should let the US handle their affairs and ponder about the famine that will hit the country soon.
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by ULOPVQ: 2:25pm On Dec 05, 2020
plaindealer:

Exactly what's this got to do with thousands of people sitting in line for house just to put food in their empty stomach?

I don't think you understood the context of my post before replying, you talk about people's lack of exposure as a result of them not traveling the world. I wanted you to know that there was no need to travel aimlessly when you have the Internet.
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by plaindealer: 2:30pm On Dec 05, 2020
ULOPVQ:

This is an alternate account.

For the mere fact that you're not at a point, where you are willing to queue up for meals says a lot about your social class, or don't you think so?

People are queuing for food because stores are locked due to Covid-19 restrictions, you should let the US handle their affairs and ponder about the famine that will hit the country soon.

What kind of class are you and why are you not begging for food or standing in line for food?

Again, the picture I posted was taken just 2 weeks ago with all the stores in America wide open for business without any restrictions, please stop repeating the same lies.

I posted a picture from 2017 with American standing in line for food so was Covid there covid restrictions in 2017?
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by plaindealer: 2:33pm On Dec 05, 2020
ULOPVQ:

I don't think you understood the context of my post before replying, you talk about people's lack of exposure as a result of them not traveling the world. I wanted you to know that there was no need to travel aimlessly when you have the Internet.

If with access to internet you are still unable to access and properly comprehend credible information and you are still making baseless claims, then there's no difference from lack of exposure, you are still not exposed to sound and credible info about the outside world.
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by ULOPVQ: 2:35pm On Dec 05, 2020
plaindealer:

If with access to internet you are still unable to access and properly comprehend credible information and you are still making baseless claims, then there's no difference from lack of exposure, you are still not exposed to sound and credible info about the outside world.

State the baseless claims I made (unless this isn't meant for me).
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by ULOPVQ: 2:36pm On Dec 05, 2020
plaindealer:

What kind of class are you and why are you not begging for food or standing in line for food?

Again, the picture I posted was taken just 2 weeks ago with all the stores in America wide open for business without any restrictions, please stop repeating the same lies.

I posted a picture from 2017 with American standing in line for food so was Covid there covid restrictions in 2017?

The population of Americans who queue up for these government-sponsored palliatives is small compared to what we have in the North alone. I am yet to see the picture from 2017, and a fast Internet search will show you that Nigeria is on the brink of a major famine while America is not.
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by Akudaisi: 2:43pm On Dec 05, 2020
plaindealer:

There are food lines all over America at any given time even before pandemic, that's why they have food banks all over to give food to the hungry and the poo.

The picture below is from just 2 weeks old and stores were not closed and there was no mandate to close any store, I guess you are too daft to know that.

If you can afford 50kg of rice, why stand in line for hours for food?

Thousands of people were just poor, hungry with no money to buy food or even put food on the table for thanksgiving.

you mean to tell me that Americans can't go and collect food that are given freely by the government with their tax money,many this week you are the most daft person I came across,they can't afford 50kg of rice LMAO someone should take you to the nearest phycologist,you need to be cross examined,when you have a working government you enjoy the dividends,that's what Americans are doing not that they are starving,if you want to know the meaning of starvation I can to you to the numerous IDP camps in Nigeria and Niger and Cameroon borders,even you,you can't afford any of those cars talk more of affording 50kg, stupidity is cheap ajeh.
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by plaindealer: 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2020
Akudaisi:
you mean to tell me that Americans can't go and collect food that are given freely by the government with their tax money,many this week you are the most daft person I came across,they can't afford 50kg of rice LMAO someone should take you to the nearest phycologist,you need to be cross examined,when you have a working government you enjoy the dividends,that's what Americans are doing not that they are starving,if you want to know the meaning of starvation I can to you to the numerous IDP camps in Nigeria and Niger and Cameroon borders,even you,you can't afford any of those cars talk more of affording 50kg, stupidity is cheap ajeh.

This is not a US government food giveaway program, these are private initiatives created by private groups with donations from the public to help the poor, the hungry and people without access to food.

If you are going to argue, at lease start with knowledge and credible info.
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by plaindealer: 2:54pm On Dec 05, 2020
ULOPVQ:

The population of Americans who queue up for these government-sponsored palliatives is small compared to what we have in the North alone. I am yet to see the picture from 2017, and a fast Internet search will show you that Nigeria is on the brink of a major famine while America is not.

The point is not about people in the North or anywhere in Nigeria, it's about the fact that there are hungry people without access to food in America willing to stand in line for hours just to get fed.
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by plaindealer: 2:56pm On Dec 05, 2020
ULOPVQ:

State the baseless claims I made (unless this isn't meant for me).

Having internet access doesn't mean you are capable of using it to source and digest credible info.
Re: RE: Joe Igbokwe On Americans. Thousands Of Americans In Food Lines. PICTURES. by plaindealer: 3:01pm On Dec 05, 2020
ULOPVQ:

The fact that people cue for food in the North doesn't change the fact that people also cue for food for hours in America just to put food in their empty stomach, no difference.

Btw, why are you singling out the North? Are there no hungry people without food all over Nigeria and even in your own state? I just don't get the fixation with the North, maybe it's the usual tribalism and bigotry fication.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu To Decamp To Labour Party / Dino Melaye Loses His Polling Unit To Labour Party / Edo Guber: Appeal Committee Hears Complaints Against Delegate Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.