Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,462 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage (1886 Views)

What My In-Laws Served Me (photo) / Finally Got A Job After So Long, But My In-Laws Won't Let Me Have It! / Woman Caught By Her In-laws With Her Husband's Friend In A Hotel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by LesbianBoy(m): 1:51pm On Mar 23, 2011
This is no joke i just remembered it and i said let me share it with u guys i remember there was this girl i wanted to marry and during the traditional marriage i was given a list by my in-laws and to my amazement i saw blackberry and ipads included as part of what am going to buy on the list  angry angry angry angry angry angry i told my babe that about it and she said there was nothing wrong with it, this made us quarrel and she told me that after all, all other men that came to marry her elder sister complied that why will her own be different and still insisited, i told her bluntly i wasn't going to buy them when they insisted i called off the wedding  angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

it got me thinking what do villagers know about blackberry and ipads  angry angry angry angry angry  i never buy for my popsy and momsy first so becos am marrying their daughter they now want to take advantage

i told my friend about it and he said maybe its the babe who would use the BB and ipads

wetin una think becos i can be any thing but being a maga is a no go area  angry angry angry angry angry

i have heard worst cases where the parents would ask the son in law to build a house for the parent in law or train their last born  angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by MrsChima(f): 1:52pm On Mar 23, 2011
Your trip to hell is PAID FOR. I know blackberries in Nigeria are the best thing since SLICED BREAD but damn out of ALL THINGS this is what you remembered? undecided undecided undecided
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by Okijajuju1(m): 2:00pm On Mar 23, 2011
Dem no add lifetime subscription for the list?! cool

If you love her, how much be bb curve wey you dey shout like say dem tell you to buy EOD.
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by Odunnu: 2:39pm On Mar 23, 2011
If they'v askd you to build a story building nko or buy Jeep or range rover?
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by Tosinville(m): 2:50pm On Mar 23, 2011
Hahaha! this sounds so funny & phoney to me at the same time, how can they include bb and ipod in their family dowry?lol when did that become a traditional thing and if its true then you're absolutely with a wrong girl but to me this isn't real, bro. . . . . Nice joke anyway.
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by Omolola1(f): 2:52pm On Mar 23, 2011
Ode, no be you wan marry?
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by Babypinkyz(f): 3:02pm On Mar 23, 2011
^^^ abi,u thank God dem no mention car,u for craze pass dis level
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by HighChief4(m): 3:03pm On Mar 23, 2011
@OP
Am sure you are jokin bro, pls where did this happen?
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by Tosinville(m): 3:06pm On Mar 23, 2011
babypinkyz
car? say wetin hapun? say na only der pikin b d fine girl for town abi she be Agbani Darego ni?
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by alagha: 3:19pm On Mar 23, 2011
was the list brought out from okija shrine?
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by 190: 3:26pm On Mar 23, 2011
ROTFGLMBAO

Lesbianboi dont tell me u brought the BB's and Ipad!
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by LesbianBoy(m): 4:26pm On Mar 23, 2011
Tosinville:

Hahaha! this sounds so funny & phoney to me at the same time, how can they include bb and ipod in their family dowry?lol when did that become a traditional thing and if its true then you're absolutely with a wrong girl but to me this isn't real, bro. . . . . Nice joke anyway.

TRUE STORY BRO

Omolola1:

Ode, no be you wan marry?

*********Drags omololololalalala on the head and says********** who u day call mumu angry angry angry angry angry ma gbe gi fu e o angry angry angry angry angry

Okija_juju:

Dem no add lifetime subscription for the list?! cool

If you love her, how much be bb curve wey you dey shout like say dem tell you to buy EOD.
I hate hearing that word if she loves me nko she suppose undastand na angry angry angry angry angry angry

High_Chief:

@OP
Am sure you are jokin bro, pls where did this happen?

It happened in ogun state omolola's state angry angry angry angry angry

@all it was surprising to me but i was more surprised when i heared other ppls story, some said of my friends said were jisting me that once they hear u are a banker or any profession they think would have money the include apple laptop, buggatti in ur list angry angry angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 5:08pm On Mar 23, 2011
LOL this is why I always look to marry from a good family.
Who can buy their own damn Ipads and leave me and my wife well enough alone angry angry grin

Nah but seriously though, when you know you've got a good thing on your hands, all that ipads and wuteva won't keep you from wifing her.
Was she ibo by any chance?
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by Okijajuju1(m): 5:25pm On Mar 23, 2011
alagha:

was the list brought out from okija shrine?

Make una see as Juju dey ehn own Church crry crusade come dey disturb am inside bush,

You see as you wan use ya hand put stick inside ya own eye? Shey if I voke bow-hand spoil dat finger wey you use type OKIJA now people go say Okija too dey vex, meanwhile when you dey scatter ya mouth for here ppl no see,

Take ya time o!

LesbianBoy:

I hate hearing that word if she loves me nko she suppose undastand na  angry angry angry angry angry >:

@all it was surprising to me but i was more surprised when i heared other ppls story, some said of my friends said were jisting me that once they hear u are a banker or any profession they think would have money the include apple laptop, buggatti in your list   angry angry angry angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Make I give you proverb wey my Oga been give me when I still be apprentice for Okija in 1976, No matter how small pikin get sense reach, until ehn start to grow biabia, he cannot be called a Man, So therefore  until you make enough money, no go dey price market wey your hand no reach, If you want cheap 3310 wife or those starcomms wife, go ya village, but if you want quality girl, na money & bb kill am, Go thank God say na common 60k bb dem demand, my guy build and furnish 2 duplex for ehn babe papa, u dey here dey cry,
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by Amiga4u(f): 9:40pm On Mar 23, 2011
grin grin grin shocked shocked very funny this bb thing important for them sooo,anyway if u really love her bb is nothing unless ur broke grin
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by chillbabe(f): 11:07pm On Mar 23, 2011
For real this bribeprice thing is so anoying am not for sale neither are my daughters i beg
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by alagha: 8:25am On Mar 24, 2011
chillbabe:

For real this bribeprice thing is so anoying am not for sale neither are my daughters i beg
pls is she single?
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by BABE3: 10:20am On Mar 24, 2011
@ OP. ha! U never Jam! Nobody wants goats and yams anymore, pfffttt! The food will eventually finish, and the cloths? the inlaws may never even wear them. But as for the Ipads and Blackberrys--these are tangible things--things that will last, U know!
Anyways, why are you even fussing sef, isn't 3 cows the equivalence of an Ipad?(price-wise)? No big deal! smiley
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by samtoye(m): 10:40am On Mar 24, 2011
In this day and time!!!! no wonder boiz no wan marry again!!! who dey lose? their daughter go old for house!!!!! in fact all the benefits you get im marriage are now offered to guys free by some girls, cooking, cleaning, good luvin, etc without the commitment!!!!! so if you see a responsible guy wan marry you and you begin demand like Oprah Winfrey, you are on your own!!!!
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 8:25pm On Mar 24, 2011
Wait, how much is a cow?
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by BABE3: 9:01pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^ around 70k, (i think). Depends on the size of course. (I wonder why I'm answering this question)
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by Nobody: 9:23pm On Mar 24, 2011
That's $500. An iPad is certainly not equivalent to 3 cows cheesy (I wonder why I'm continuing with this question)
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by BABE3: 9:35pm On Mar 24, 2011
^^^
BABE!:

@ OP. ha! U never Jam! Nobody wants goats and yams anymore, pfffttt! The food will eventually finish, and the cloths? the inlaws may never even wear them. But as for the Ipads and Blackberrys--these are tangible things--things that will last, U know!
Anyways, why are you even fussing sef, isn't 3 cows the equivalence of an Ipad?(price-wise)? No big deal! smiley

lol,  pls that was an extremely rough and overstated approximation. grin.  I was just tryna get my point across. (I'm done wondering)
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by Outstrip(f): 5:22am On Mar 25, 2011
This whole bride price thing is so annoying to me. I can understand doing something as a significance so really even a cowrie shell should do. It used to be worth something before. The blackberry thing is so embarrassing. That is why eloping might not be a bad thing. Blackberry indeed
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by lovejo(m): 7:40am On Mar 25, 2011
if this story is true, and as you have mentioned village, it should be from the east where they sell their daughter.
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by alagha: 9:18am On Mar 25, 2011
lovejo:

if this story is true, and as you have mentioned village, it should be from the east where they sell their daughter.
[b]shout up pls.[/b]
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by kodewrita(m): 10:35am On Mar 25, 2011
Guy, please add this to the end of that list:

Gift cards for Amazon, Wallmart, BestBuy for each male family member.

The above + Gift cards for victoria secrets for each female family member.
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by Spclst900: 4:16pm On Mar 25, 2011
village people don dey wise up finally.

Poster

so, for BB sake you no marry. What a shame.
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by Mckenzy99(m): 5:01pm On Mar 25, 2011
@Babypinkyz,hw are u doing?can we chat?
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by adaphik(f): 5:50pm On Mar 25, 2011
Interesting. Buh d truth is, even if I were Dangote, tell me to buy blackberries for d entire community n. I will buy for extra 2 more communities, but not making it a compulsion in exchange for ur daughter. it entails gross poverty, for the family to see blackberries important enough to be on that list. Poverty.
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by adaphik(f): 5:53pm On Mar 25, 2011
Interesting. Buh d truth is, even if I were Dangote, tell me to buy blackberries for d entire community n. I will buy for extra 2 more communities, but not making it a compulsion in exchange for ur daughter.  it entails gross poverty, for the family to see blackberries important enough to be on that list. Poverty.
Re: My In-laws Included Blackberry As An Item To Buy During My Traditional Marriage by motisharp: 7:07am On Mar 27, 2011
Congrats OP, dat u left,I know it's not cos of the ipad n bb money u left,but because of the seemingly extortional n opportunistic attitude of ur "would-av-been" inlaws, ur ex also didn't help matters,but mayb those gadgets where where included by younger people. I av seen some "donatn" aircon as part of d list n I'v heard of someone,a rich guy with GE calln it off cos of plasma tv included on d list,not cos he can't buy it,but felt exploited that mordern n costly tns found their way into a list that should be traditional;all just cos of some people's GREED. Tell this story to ur next gurl,she should learn.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Voracious Boyfriend / Husband Scarcity / Pls Can Motherless Babies Home Help Me Take Care Of My Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.