Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,274 members, 7,957,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:28 PM

The Winners Write History - Bible - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Winners Write History - Bible (213 Views)

Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering / 21 Days Of Prayer And Fasting For The Winners' Family / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Winners Write History - Bible by codeigniter(m): 12:05pm On Dec 05, 2020
When it comes to morals, some parts of the Bible is not the best to read, imagine all the killings that was recorded in the old testament on claims that do not even justify it. More over no ones what really knows happened since no one got to hear about what happened from the other tribes, imagine growing up in d massacred tribe and they told u they massacred ur people and I am sure their story will be different from the isrealite's own, will u be happy.

Another thing I know is that the Bible as been written several times to conform with current standard, and the last time such probably happened was during d reconnaissance. During great scientist time like Galileo, then Christianity dominated Europe. And the priest and d Kings are in total control and can do anything. History has shown over time that men are greedy and will do what will give them an added advantage (Dominion).

Of course I have no proof, but I know that the Bible wasn't written in a day and it has custodian who moderators what goes into the book, alot of epistle by others apostles were trimmed away seen it doesn't conform with how they want people to observe the Bible, moreover if they edit it's pages or remove things no one can know in the time past, when there was no press and they all depends on what the rabbis says since they claim to be God eye and mouth.

The funniest thing is that the same Bible verse could be explained in two opposite or conflicting ways. It has happened to me b4

Scriptures defy logics, hence a waste of time for logical beings, though I will consider my self an agnostic, but I don't have problem with any religion or tell people to leave their religion, it gives some people peace, joy, harmony e.t.c what I hate is people telling me join their religion if not I will die for ever or rot in hell, from my parents to friends to jobless guys walking about telling me what I already know asking foolish questions, the sad part is if I tell them I already know they still continue until I start sounding rude and they would be like this one is a devil incarnate, leave people alone don't force them to see life like u do, after all we didn't have d same DNA. People like righteousness89 can be so annoying. Alatenu mo
Re: The Winners Write History - Bible by KLand(m): 12:32pm On Dec 05, 2020
The stories in the Bible were balanced on all sides. It is not a question of the winners write history.

God who inspired the writers of the Bible, ensured that both the good, the bad, the ugly parts of history of Israel were written. So it's incorrect to call it a-one sided story.

As a side note, if reading the old testament bores you, why don't you start from Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? I'm sure you will have a different experience.

1 Like

Re: The Winners Write History - Bible by codeigniter(m): 3:09pm On Dec 05, 2020
KLand:
The stories in the Bible were balanced on all sides. It is not a question of the winners write history.

God who inspired the writers of the Bible, ensured that both the good, the bad, the ugly parts of history of Israel were written. So it's incorrect to call it a-one sided story.

As a side note, if reading the old testament bores you, why don't you start from Matthew, Mark, Luke and John? I'm sure you will have a different experience.

Like I said winners writes history - do you that Roman Jesus story - is different from isreali Jesus and they think highly of Roman Jesus, I know u guys don't research out the Bible and d u start to do that with open mind that is when will understand better. Romans conquer the Greeks and adopted all their religion Jupiter - zues, Juno - hera e.t.c when they conquered the isreali, prosecuted Jesus for treason since ahe claimed he was the Messiah which means he was going to deliver isreali from captivity like Moses was known for, and they gave him the worse of punishment and they that probably more than 100s of people as experience same fate at golgota, the fact is after Jesus died he was forgotten, it after more than a century later that Matthew wrote about him, Luke used Matthew book as reference material and if u noticed, there are all slightly inconsistent with others. In nutshell the Roman supported Christianity to solve their own political problems and they are still one of the main custodian till date. Politics, business and religion has always been intertwine, no wonder religion is the poor masses last hope. No wonder Western world are not religious even though they create d religions in the first place. They create and we consume blindly

lalasticlala oya naw, FP off we go

1 Like

Re: The Winners Write History - Bible by codeigniter(m): 7:47am On Sep 09, 2021
codeigniter:

Like I said winners writes history - do you that Roman Jesus story - is different from isreali Jesus and they think highly of Roman Jesus, I know u guys don't research out the Bible and d u start to do that with open mind that is when will understand better. Romans conquer the Greeks and adopted all their religion Jupiter - zues, Juno - hera e.t.c when they conquered the isreali, prosecuted Jesus for treason since ahe claimed he was the Messiah which means he was going to deliver isreali from captivity like Moses was known for, and they gave him the worse of punishment and they that probably more than 100s of people as experience same fate at golgota, the fact is after Jesus died he was forgotten, it after more than a century later that Matthew wrote about him, Luke used Matthew book as reference material and if u noticed, there are all slightly inconsistent with others. In nutshell the Roman supported Christianity to solve their own political problems and they are still one of the main custodian till date. Politics, business and religion has always been intertwine, no wonder religion is the poor masses last hope. No wonder Western world are not religious even though they create d religions in the first place. They create and we consume blindly

a oya naw, FP off we go

I wrote this piece a while ago and people did not argue, which means different things to me.
1. Are people getting less religious?
2. People don't care again.
3. What I wrote up there is the truth.
E.t.c.

Regardless of what, everyone is entitled to their own view of the world, the only problem is that religious guys views the non religious ones through a lens of criticism, like they are any better, like virgins are morally sound than non-virgin.

(1) (Reply)

Empty Thread / HalleluYAH...The First Non-covid19 Related Death This Season! / Some Key Ingredients To Answered Prayer.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.