Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,618 members, 7,809,267 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding - Events (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding (71586 Views)

Wedding Guest Captured Touching Bride Inappropriately At Church Wedding (Video) / Groom Walks Out On Bride In Jos During Church Wedding / Bride And Groom Rock Isi Agu Attire For Church Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by tunapawizzy: 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2020
The kind of man i respect....rock your thing with pride....

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by lwise(m): 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2020
You people should know that hisntailor messed up his suit.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by derbykol(f): 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2020
theophorus:
...Wait ooo.
Does wearing of Suit means 'Mental Slavery'?

What of the Bride wearing White gown?

They bride should have worn traditional dress too.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by derbykol(f): 7:26pm On Dec 05, 2020
IduNaOba:
Believe me na the wife force that wedding.
Normally that guy may not have even wanted it sef
Exactly!
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Arysexy(m): 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2020
edoairways:

The bible never mentioned them wearing white gowns or suit. Some apostles never married at all

Wearing suit and gown is not what makes a wedding a Christian wedding. Wearing suit is borrowed from England cos they colonized us. There are other countries that do Church marriage wearing their cultural attire.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Drone95(m): 7:27pm On Dec 05, 2020
Make him wear wetin him like jare! Wearing Suit na just formalities.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by donbuchi1(m): 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
Awesome
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by tunapawizzy: 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
Ohizman73:
No sence here, Give to Ceaser what is due to him.If he indeed was a traditional man, he ought to have opted out of an Foreign event as Church marriage in the first place.There are ethics and protocol in every said event.Is he now trying to rubbish his bride that wore an english marriage gown . lets be factual in all we do.
It is a church wedding, no dress code for church weddings, if a man chooses to be different lets respect his choice. if u wont do yours his way, its also fine, lets normalize freedom to do what we desire. Btw i love the mans attire , he rock am well and the wife in a white wedding gown beside him is not odd at all...good combo
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Creeza(m): 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
Sonnobax15:
Oh,lemme be factual for once...
I'm your coded fan I must confess....
codedly telling her you admire her. I wont call you a simp. You have my blessings.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by SavageMaster: 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright....
He is a real niggarr

Although a real niggar don't do Christianity
But if at all a real niggarr decide tomorrow to be one
Then catholicism over pentecostalism anyday anytime twice on Saturday

Real niggarrs do Christianity Sir.
That's where the real deal is, knowing Jesus.
I can't wait for you to encounter Him.

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by edoairways: 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2020
Arysexy:

Wearing suit and gown is not what makes a wedding a Christian wedding. Wearing suit is borrowed from England cos they colonized us. There are other countries that do Church marriage wearing their cultural attire.
We have to stick to how wedding was done in the bible not how white men organize their weddings. A popular writer has addressed this some weeks ago
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by jaxxy(m): 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2020
His choice

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by kingxsamz(m): 7:30pm On Dec 05, 2020
Commendable.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by TinubuGoQuench(f): 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2020
Ohizman73:
No sence here, Give to Ceaser what is due to him.If he indeed was a traditional man, he ought to have opted out of an Foreign event as Church marriage in the first place.There are ethics and protocol in every said event.Is he now trying to rubbish his bride that wore an english marriage gown . lets be factual in all we do.

SHUT UP!
YOU HAVE NOTHING SENSIBLE TO SAY
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by greatestofall: 7:33pm On Dec 05, 2020
Arysexy:

Because there were no church during that time. Christianity started after Christ resurrection.

The Jews had a 'church' which was their temple of worship to God , the ' Father' of Jesus the Christ.
Shalom.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by ezenwaforj: 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2020
[sup][/sup]
Ohizman73:
No sence here, Give to Ceaser what is due to him.If he indeed was a traditional man, he ought to have opted out of an Foreign event as Church marriage in the first place.There are ethics and protocol in every said event.Is he now trying to rubbish his bride that wore an english marriage go town . lets be factual in all we do.

You are wrong.Nothing wrong with his choice of dress.It is high time we stopped seeing our culture as being bad.Even Catholic priests at Vatican wear cassocks with isiagu designs on them

2 Likes

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by uuzba(m): 7:41pm On Dec 05, 2020
derbykol:
They bride should have worn traditional dress too.
Not by force.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by harmony75: 7:42pm On Dec 05, 2020
Congratssssss happy married life.. he's proud of his own culture this is great idea �����
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Jack005(m): 7:42pm On Dec 05, 2020
cynthia500:

“And, when you want something,

all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it
ike gwuru

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 05, 2020
Ohizman73:
No sense in what you wrote but then like minds will like your post

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Djex614: 7:48pm On Dec 05, 2020
cynthia500:
“The only thing standing in the way between you and your goal is the BS story you keep telling yourself as to why you can’t achieve it.
u dey contest for NAIRALAND SUG president ni?

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by stayclearofme: 7:50pm On Dec 05, 2020
Donald3d:
I also wore a native attire to my church wedding .

I personally hate suits, I don't understand the fuss behind them .

I find them very uncomfortable and pointless.

I have been working fully remote for many years, when I worked in an office, I wore what I was comfortable in, Jean and round neck top , with nice sneakers.
My employers forced me to wear uncomfortable "corporate wears ".

I don't understand why Africans like clinging to certain "norms", especially when there are better and more comfortable options.

I hate "norms" especially when they can be improved upon, or they are unnecessary, I like disrupting.
Efficiency is better than follow follow
Bros you are so on point. It is called colonial mentality.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Flows001(m): 7:54pm On Dec 05, 2020
Donald3d:

Ceaser ? .

First of all its not an "English marriage", its a Church/Christian ceremony. You are there to be joined in God's presence . God does not care what we wear, as long as we are dressed decently
U're on point. Most military and paramilitary men do not wear suits to their Church weddings.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Sixfeetbelle: 7:56pm On Dec 05, 2020
TimeTraveler369:
Finally, a sensible African!

How is he sensible? Wearing a cultural outfit at a "mental slavery contraption"? That's a confused man right there. Mixing up the two isn't sensibility.

The sensible thing is for him to not have participated in this wedding at all. Or were you told the gods attended the churches built by the white men?
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Sixfeetbelle: 7:58pm On Dec 05, 2020
Donald3d:

Ceaser ? .

First of all its not an "English marriage", its a Church/Christian ceremony. You are there to be joined in God's presence . God does not care what we wear, as long as we are dressed decently

"Isiagu" is a traditional outfit worn by people who worshipped traditional gods. If he wanted to get married in a church, wearing an outfit made for a traditional ceremony is an insult to the traditional society.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by CSTRR: 8:03pm On Dec 05, 2020
The only thing that struck me was how ripe the wife is.

I like a full grown woman, not all this small small girls doing wedding up and down.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Godasco: 8:09pm On Dec 05, 2020
Ohizman73:
I thought as much too, white wedding isn't our culture at first. We actually do marriage ceremony twice; our own way and the white man's way. The whites don't do traditional marriage. Thier own traditional marriage is the white wedding. So he shouldn't have even done wedding at first. If he did, he shoulduld have obeyed the dressing ethics.. period!!

2 Likes

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by NoToPile: 8:13pm On Dec 05, 2020
You can even wear Ankara to be solemnized, it doesn't invalidate the authenticity of their marriage.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by GreenSignet: 8:13pm On Dec 05, 2020
edoairways:

It is out of foolishness to borrow money to wed. You borrow to invest and then make profit while you settle your creditors

Keep. Crying please

Your tears taste delicious kiss
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by emezuo17: 8:14pm On Dec 05, 2020
BluntNigerian:
What Is Your Reactions To This??
To me,, I Think The Igbo People Are Begining To Get Liberated From Mental Slavery..
He Is A Strong Catholic..
. A very liberated man, how I wish I did same when I married some years ago.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Sixfeetbelle: 8:18pm On Dec 05, 2020
hammerDK:
ISI AGU IS TOO HOT.

If not for our "wokeness", Isiagu should not be worn by just anybody or turned into any type of clothing. The isiagu is a symbol of authority already in the Igbo tradition so mixing it up with suit made by the white man is rubbishing the culture.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Jaapu: 8:22pm On Dec 05, 2020
Ohizman73:

You are being intelligent by half.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Young Woman's Obituary Poster Goes Viral As She Appears To Be Saying "Bleep You" / Bride, Groom And Their Entourage Arrive Wedding Venue In A Plastic “limousine” / 2019 Abuja All White Pool Party Records Massive Turnout With Exciting Attraction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.