Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding (71654 Views)

Wedding Guest Captured Touching Bride Inappropriately At Church Wedding (Video) / Groom Walks Out On Bride In Jos During Church Wedding / Bride And Groom Rock Isi Agu Attire For Church Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Jaapu: 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2020
emezuo17:
. A very liberated man, how I wish I did same when I married some years ago.

Not very. The wife is still enslaved mentally.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Tapout(m): 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2020
op it's his wedding, if he wants to wear pyjamas it's none of your fvcking business. Make we learn to mind our business for this life abeg, it actually helps you live long. See wahala oh.

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by frozen70(f): 8:24pm On Dec 05, 2020
BluntNigerian:
What Is Your Reactions To This??
To me,, I Think The Igbo People Are Begining To Get Liberated From Mental Slavery..
He Is A Strong Catholic..

He is not a strong catholic, that's his church and he chooses to wed there

He is a complete traditionalist

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by macville2: 8:24pm On Dec 05, 2020
Arysexy:

Says who?

They lived a communal life, sharing and helping one another, *including marriage*. The Gentiles and Jews called them Christians cos they lived Christ like life.

oga no write your inclinations into the Bible abeg. which bible verse support the bolded now
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Rossntti: 8:25pm On Dec 05, 2020
TimeTraveler369:
Finally, a sensible African!

Honestly bro. It's really good to see.

I'm sure this style will soon start to trend.

About time the women's own also changed.

No need why they have to wear that white thing.

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Rossntti: 8:34pm On Dec 05, 2020
sammirano:
Confused man

See this one. You're so confused you don't realise you're confused.

You're confused about your confusion.

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by DimIsaac10(m): 8:37pm On Dec 05, 2020
With English trouser bah
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Rossntti: 8:38pm On Dec 05, 2020
edoairways:

A sensible African will not even engage in white wedding.

Na small by small bro.

Don't forget the colonial indoctrination was heavy.

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by udemzyudex(m): 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2020
Ohizman73:
No sence here, Give to Ceaser what is due to him.If he indeed was a traditional man, he ought to have opted out of an Foreign event as Church marriage in the first place.There are ethics and protocol in every said event.Is he now trying to rubbish his bride that wore an english marriage gown . lets be factual in all we do.

Blame the wife grin. Women and white wedding ehn.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Rossntti: 8:43pm On Dec 05, 2020
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery
None but ourselves can free our minds
Have no fear for atomic energy
'Cause none of them can stop the time

How long shall they kill our prophets
While we stand aside and look? Ooh
Some say it's just a part of it
We've got to fullfil the book

Won't you help to sing
These songs of freedom?
'Cause all I ever have
Redemption song...

- Bob Marley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOFu6b3w6c0
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Nobody: 8:56pm On Dec 05, 2020
the marriage will last and a happy one it will be

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by NSK4U(m): 8:56pm On Dec 05, 2020
I'm impressed, really impressed and proud of this Igbo brain

God bless the union

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by SolarEdge: 9:02pm On Dec 05, 2020
I love this

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by mcdude1(m): 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2020
Ohizman73:
No sence here, Give to Ceaser what is due to him.If he indeed was a traditional man, he ought to have opted out of an Foreign event as Church marriage in the first place.There are ethics and protocol in every said event.Is he now trying to rubbish his bride that wore an english marriage gown . lets be factual in all we do.
One mumu spoted.

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by NSK4U(m): 9:04pm On Dec 05, 2020
frozen70:

He is not a strong catholic, that's his church and he chooses to wed there

He is a complete traditionalist

perhaps you know him better than the op, how did you arrive at your conclusion that he's a traditionalist?

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Sonnobax15(m): 9:05pm On Dec 05, 2020
cynthia500:

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that

tanx for been my coded fan,
I love you for this
. Lol
You just made my day...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by oluwasegun007(m): 9:08pm On Dec 05, 2020
He deserves accolades.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by LZAA: 9:12pm On Dec 05, 2020
BluntNigerian:
What Is Your Reactions To This??
To me,, I Think The Igbo People Are Begining To Get Liberated From Mental Slavery..
He Is A Strong Catholic..
Wetin concern ndigbo with one person decision
Smh
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Eaglesence: 9:12pm On Dec 05, 2020
Donald3d:

Ceaser ? .

First of all its not an "English marriage", its a Church/Christian ceremony. You are there to be joined in God's presence . God does not care what we wear, as long as we are dressed decently

Gbam! You just shut that nigar up grin
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by adekola72559: 9:21pm On Dec 05, 2020
I'm impressed, really impressed and proud of this Igbo brain
God bless the union

1 Like

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by martinz1: 9:25pm On Dec 05, 2020
This is odogwu
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Black052(m): 9:27pm On Dec 05, 2020
Supported
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by cybernaut(m): 9:38pm On Dec 05, 2020
Ohizman73:
Go and sit down. Envy for nothing.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Judybash93(m): 9:49pm On Dec 05, 2020
Yeah man. That's what's up
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by edoairways: 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2020
Rossntti:

Na small by small bro.

Don't forget the colonial indoctrination was heavy.
We have to start from somewhere. I get irritated when some folk stress on culture and language whereas they are still indoctrinated by colonial mentality.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by okorogodwin4(m): 10:09pm On Dec 05, 2020
[quote author=tobechi74 post=96765238]Catholics priest are matured. They will allow it.

Some churches will start bringing rules[/your nothing but a religious fanaticist
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by cybernaut(m): 10:17pm On Dec 05, 2020
Johnson5258:
Na everything we dey copy. You know the price of suit now with this exchange rate. We are Africans abeg.
ISI Agu is more expensive than suite. Go and do enquiry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by cybernaut(m): 10:23pm On Dec 05, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

"Isiagu" is a traditional outfit worn by people who worshipped traditional gods. If he wanted to get married in a church, wearing an outfit made for a traditional ceremony is an insult to the traditional society.

Shut up animal. Isiagu dress represent Igbo attire. Nonsense animal will teach me my cultural attire of our forefathers. Thunder fire you idiot. These are some fools who never visited their land for live. My mama tell me say I be Igbo.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Johnson5258: 10:37pm On Dec 05, 2020
That's not a problem, we need to grow our textile industry too, at least the money is still within our confines.

Nigeria Amaka

cybernaut:
ISI Agu is more expensive than suite. Go and do enquiry.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by frozen70(f): 10:39pm On Dec 05, 2020
NSK4U:

perhaps you know him better than the op, how did you arrive at your conclusion that he's a traditionalist?

When you see an Igbo man that is a traditionalist, he applies traditional to every thing he does

That dress is called Isiagu, its a native dress for men

He could as well wore a suit which is the real conventional dress for English wedding, but putting on that dress shows he loves his culture and tradition

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Young Woman's Obituary Poster Goes Viral As She Appears To Be Saying "Bleep You" / Bride, Groom And Their Entourage Arrive Wedding Venue In A Plastic “limousine” / 2019 Abuja All White Pool Party Records Massive Turnout With Exciting Attraction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.