Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,211 members, 7,953,775 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:52 AM

Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding - Events (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding (72205 Views)

Wedding Guest Captured Touching Bride Inappropriately At Church Wedding (Video) / Groom Walks Out On Bride In Jos During Church Wedding / Bride And Groom Rock Isi Agu Attire For Church Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by emezuo17: 12:45pm On Dec 06, 2020
Jaapu:

Not very. The wife is still enslaved mentally.
. She too will be liberated soon.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by NSK4U(m): 12:49pm On Dec 06, 2020
frozen70:

When you see an Igbo man that is a traditionalist, he applies traditional to every thing he does

That dress is called Isiagu, its a native dress for men

He could as well wore a suit which is the real conventional dress for English wedding, but putting on that dress shows he loves his culture and tradition

oh now I understand

thought you were going to the religious angle of 'traditionalist'

didn't know you meant culture.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Beninwitch: 3:21pm On Dec 06, 2020
tobechi74:
Catholics priest are matured. They will allow it.

Some churches will start bringing rules

Those churches don't even allow pastors wear natives on Sundays except it is African Praise Sunday. They say suits make them smart. Rubbish in my opinion.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by BluntNigerian: 3:45pm On Dec 06, 2020
Softenergy:

My son you have to resign and start your own company, if you feel uncomfortable wearing business or corporate wear.
In my company, democracy do not apply.
Attire rules. No tight fitting trousers, Shirt, Suit and skirts
No beard
No heavy make-up
No bushy hair, No clean shaven hair, except for me the MD.
No office romance.
Again please resign and start your own business
At least, you have dress code for your company..
Some doesn't have.
And yet, they try to expect people to dress like other people that are working in other companies.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by BluntNigerian: 3:47pm On Dec 06, 2020
wildikeman:
He probably has a lot of money and has been donating to the church. That's why he could wear whatever he likes. No be Catholic Church for Africa....? Abegi jare
I don't know the type of Catholic Church you were referring to..
The Catholic Church I know wouldn't enforce the wearing of suit on anybody.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Eminence1124(m): 5:40pm On Dec 06, 2020
U made a lot of sense with this comment. But i think, the guy might have tried to convince the bride but to no avail.
Re: Man Wore Igbo Traditional Clothes To His Church Wedding by Sixfeetbelle: 6:48pm On Dec 06, 2020
BluntNigerian:
@(Bolded) Your line of argument is so faulty...
Ishi-agu is the most popular cultural dress of the Igbo people.. And they were worn at ceremonies and big occasions..
The dress has nothing (absolutely nothing) to do with idol worshipping..
You can find out for yourself the popular cultural dresses for other tribes in Nigeria, and even abroad.. (Scotland and co).. Then, tell me if they wear them to worship idols.

Na you know what our forefathers worshipped before the coming of Christianity.

Anyway, at least we both agree that the isiagu wasn't made for wearing to events like Churches and school. They are rubbishing the prestige of the cloth by turning it into suits and wearing it to weddings.

Did you skip the second part of my comment?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Man And His Oyinbo Bride Wed In A Simple Ceremony Abroad (Photos) / 2019 Abuja All White Pool Party Records Massive Turnout With Exciting Attraction / Nigerian Lady's 20th Birthday Photoshoot Sparks Online Controversy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.