Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer (14512 Views)

Anyone Used AEON Chest Freezer? / Choice Of Food Stuff Amid Coronavirus Lockdown / Foods You Shouldn’t Keep In Your Freezer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by kingreign(m): 7:10am On Dec 06, 2020
Hello all,
I'm in the market for a Chest Freezer (commonly known as Deep Freezer) to replace my existing unit which got damaged and I don't feel comfortable repairing it again and again.

My electronics dealer suggested that I should go with STARTEK product but I am unsure of the quality.
I don't want to go for thermocool or LG. I was advice by other folks to go for Midea or Nexus or even Skyrun.

Pls tell of your experiences with either STARTEK, Midea, Nexus or Skyrun products and which is the best.

Pls only constructive criticism and advices are welcome.
Thanks.

Cc: ishilove, sisioge, dyt, etc.
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by kingreign(m): 11:12am On Dec 06, 2020
Help me out pls.
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by scarr: 5:04pm On Dec 06, 2020
Bro you for get Nexus or even Hisense.
Never heard of Startek
Midea and Skyrun from experience compromise features for price, you'll be shocked some of their fridges don't have light in them.
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by boldx(m): 5:05pm On Dec 06, 2020
SAMSUNG all the way.
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:22pm On Dec 06, 2020
kingreign:
Hello all,
I'm in the market for a Chest Freezer (commonly known as Deep Freezer) to replace my existing unit which got damaged and I don't feel comfortable repairing it again and again.

My electronics dealer suggested that I should go with STARTEK product but I am unsure of the quality.
I don't want to go for thermocool or LG. I was advice by other folks to go for Midea or Nexus or even Skyrun.

Pls tell of your experiences with either STARTEK, Midea, Nexus or Skyrun products and which is the best.

Thanks.

Bought a lot of thermocool freezers in 2017. They are all still in top form

8 Likes

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by arcbaba: 6:30pm On Dec 06, 2020
Please for your own sanity buy either LG or thermocool. The others are low quality appliances made to be able to compete with others. I had a terrible experience with Midea, their refrigerator seems very good infact their fast cool technology is very good in an hour their freezer will be filled frost but their compressor seem to fail overtime, I personally think it's because of the fast freeze.

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by kingreign(m): 6:35pm On Dec 06, 2020
arcbaba:
Please for your own sanity buy either LG or thermocool. The others are low quality appliances made to be able to compete with others. I had a terrible experience with Midea, their refrigerator seems very good infact their fast cool technology is very good in an hour their freezer will be filled frost but their compressor seem to fail overtime, I personally think it's because of the fast freeze.

Okay
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by kingreign(m): 6:35pm On Dec 06, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Bought a lot of thermocool freezers in 2017. They are all still in top form

Okay
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by naylor(f): 7:35pm On Dec 06, 2020
kingreign:
Hello all,

Thanks.

Nexus is very good.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by Kingdemu: 9:26pm On Dec 06, 2020
I highly recommend Nexus products. I use a Nexus 400L capacity 4-door fridge at home and my wife has the 320L capacity deep freezer Iin her shop. They all have been wonderful for 6yrs now. Top notch power saving capability and they hold frozen items for 3-4 days without light. But you see that yeye deep freezer called Bruhm, run away from am

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by Joeny(m): 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2020
I strongly advise you get NEXUS. They are proven and trusted.

3 Likes

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by noobody(m): 1:27am On Dec 17, 2020
Kingdemu:
I highly recommend Nexus products. I use a Nexus 400L capacity 4-door fridge at home and my wife has the 320L capacity deep freezer Iin her shop. They all have been wonderful for 6yrs now. Top notch power saving capability and they hold frozen items for 3-4 days without light. But you see that yeye deep freezer called Bruhm, run away from am

Maybe because yours is of higher capacity thou,my 200ltr capacity barely holds freeze for 2 days,I had to resort to filling empty bottles with water to freeze,na them they hold the freeze for me,after day one,you see most of the ice melted into water already and dripping inside the freezer,
I use mine with a 2000kva stab too
Mayb it's just my unit sha,
I use nexus AC and it's cools exceptionally well,
Which made me trust the brand for freezers.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by Kingdemu: 4:42am On Dec 17, 2020
noobody:

Maybe because yours is of higher capacity thou,my 200ltr capacity barely holds freeze for 2 days,I had to resort to filling empty bottles with water to freeze,na them they hold the freeze for me,after day one,you see most of the ice melted into water already and dripping inside the freezer,
I use mine with a 2000kva stab too
Mayb it's just my unit sha,
I use nexus AC and it's cools exceptionally well,
Which made me trust the brand for freezers.
What's the capacity of the AC and how is the power saving capability?
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by noobody(m): 8:35am On Dec 17, 2020
Kingdemu:
What's the capacity of the AC and how is the power saving capability?

1.5hp,it is not an inverter/low current AC,so I would never get my self worried about power savings,but its very very nice on my prepaid meter,
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by Nobody: 3:07pm On Dec 17, 2020
kingreign:
Hello all,

Thanks.

For freezers I will recommend Thermocool or Nexus, I have used both and they are very durable.
The only thing u must do is ensure you buy from their major distributor or mega showroom, please avoid any other seller cos they could just brand other inferior items with these names

1 Like

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by gbodimowo(m): 9:16am On Dec 18, 2020
Please, what is the cost?
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by BoboKush(m): 6:30am On Dec 19, 2020
I strongly recommend haier thermocool but seems u said u don't thermocool or LG

Will appreciate if you tell me reason for that...

Since u don't want both brand... Hmmm
Try nexus
They seems to av nice products too

And dont waste ur tym getting the one dealer abi na agent told u
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by fanzine(f): 10:36am On Dec 20, 2020
Run away from all these so called nowadays new chest freezers in Nigeria. They are nothing but nightmare. Get Tokunbo Liebherr freezer and thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by searchng4love: 4:17pm On Dec 20, 2020
fanzine:
Run away from all these so called nowadays new chest freezers in Nigeria. They are nothing but nightmare. Get Tokunbo Liebherr freezer and thank me later.
Heya your life must be quite difficult.

3 Likes

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by drmuchin: 4:11pm On Apr 12, 2021
who can give unbiased reviews about Royal appliances e. g AC, gas cooker, refrigerator, LED TV

cc Gazzuzz
cc kingreign
cc kingdemu
cc noobody
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by kingreign(m): 4:12pm On Apr 12, 2021
drmuchin:
who can give unbiased reviews about Royal appliances e. g AC, gas cooker, refrigerator, LED TV

cc Gazzuzz
cc kingreign
cc kingdemu
cc noobody
I have no reviews about them.
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by drmuchin: 4:24pm On Apr 12, 2021
kingreign:
I have no reviews about them.
Be like say I go dey reason Nexus
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by kingreign(m): 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2021
drmuchin:

I eventually settled for thermocool and I must say it, it's good value for money. Nexus brand too is good. They're really good brands. Ensure you get your electric appliance from reputable dealer outlets.

3 Likes

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by Kingdemu: 5:37pm On Apr 12, 2021
drmuchin:

cc Gazzuzz
cc kingreign
cc kingdemu
cc noobody
I've never used any of their products.
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by Kingdemu: 5:44pm On Apr 12, 2021
drmuchin:

I can vouch for Nexus 4-door fridge and the 320L chest freezer. It's getting to 7yrs and no issues whatsoever. I also have a friend who uses the Nexus double door fridge that comes with inbuilt water dispenser - no issues, 5yrs now.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by drmuchin: 7:55pm On Apr 12, 2021
kingreign:

I eventually settled for thermocool and I must say it, it's good value for money. Nexus brand too is good. They're really good brands. Ensure you get your electric appliance from reputable dealer outlets.

wallahi Thermocool is the KING of all. My mum 120L chest freezer dey retain ice pass 4 days
7 years now no issues.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by kingreign(m): 12:38pm On Feb 06, 2022
kingreign:

1 YEAR USER EXPERIENCE/UPDATE
Barely a year later, I'm battling with rust issues with the Haier Thermocool Freezer.

I bought the freezer from a reputable sales outlet in Uyo on 29th December 2020, and on 21st December 2021, when I got to Uyo for holidays with my family, I noticed rust forming on the lower end of the cabinet. The freezer had always been suspended on blocks of woods to allow for ventilation and has ample amount of spaces all round to keep it well ventilated. The floor is tiled and always dry. The wood blocks are dried wood. I sent a complain to Haier thermocool, and dropped my email and phone number via their interactive web based robot, but no response from them till date, I called the sales company to complain but they kept giving me flimsy excuses and when I could no longer have it anymore, I took the freezer to them on 30th December 2021.

At the time of posting this, The sales manager still kept giving me silly excuses about how PZ Haier thermocool has not resumed or about how they've not come to see the product 1 month and 1 week after dropping it at their office. I had to personally contact Haier thermocool via phone calls to fast track the process of taking that product to do whatsoever they wish to do with it.

Does the freezer still work as should? YES!

Is the finishing a good quality? Absolutely No!
paint starting to peel off and rust start forming on a supposedly well treated metal surface barely a year after ownership is a sign of poor quality control!

Is their customer service good? NO!

Will you patronize their products again in the future? The outcome of how they handle this challenge will determine my future decision.

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by Koleb: 1:15pm On Feb 06, 2022
kingreign:

Barely a year later, I'm battling with rust issues with the Haier Thermocool Freezer.

I bought the freezer from a reputable sales outlet in Uyo on 29th December 2020, and on 21st December 2021, when I got to Uyo for holidays with my family, I noticed rust forming on the lower end of the cabinet. The freezer had always been suspended on blocks of woods to allow for ventilation and has ample amount of spaces all round to keep it well ventilated. The floor is tiled and always dry. The wood blocks are dried wood. I sent a complain to Haier thermocool, and dropped my email and phone number via their interactive web based robot, but no response from them till date, I called the sales company to complain but they kept giving me flimsy excuses and when I could no longer have it anymore, I took the freezer to them on 30th December 2021.

At the time of posting this, The sales manager still kept giving me silly excuses about how PZ Haier thermocool has not resumed or about how they've not come to see the product 1 month and 1 week after dropping it at their office. I had to personally contact Haier thermocool via phone calls to fast track the process of taking that product to do whatsoever they wish to do with it.

paint starting to peel off and rust start forming on a supposedly well treated metal surface barely a year after ownership is a sign of poor quality control!

Will you patronize their products again in the future? The outcome of how they handle this challenge will determine my future decision.
you don't need to panic. Seem the rubber use in closing the drain hole is no longer tight. This what you will do open the drain hole outside the freezer get nylon (white) wrap it around the cap use in covering the drain hole, not to much nylon then cover it back. You are good, I experienced the same and did the above.

Modified the root cause of the rust on the freezer is water from inside it is leaking out of the drain hole u won't even notice it.

2 Likes

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by Koleb: 1:22pm On Feb 06, 2022
kingreign:

slide knife by the side pull it out

1 Like

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by kingreign(m): 2:30pm On Feb 06, 2022
Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by OlatayoSHITTU: 4:59pm On Apr 30, 2022
Skyrun fridge products are a total failure.

My refrigerator stopped cooling less than a year of purchase. I took it for repair at their service centre in Maryland and after a week of usage, it stopped working.

it's upon visiting their workspace that I noticed that several other buyers are facing the same problem.

we need to petition the Standard Organization of Nigeria. All sorts of inferior products are being recklessly allowed in our market.

1 Like

Re: Dilemma In Choice Of Chest Freezer by kingreign(m): 2:29am On May 01, 2022
They’re all same. Fake substandard products yet, they carry big price tags.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Visit To The Village And My Garri Processing / HOW TO USE CARROT OIL for SKIN BLEACHING? / How To Reduce The Risk Of Food Poisoning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.