Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,482 members, 7,812,489 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election (22699 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Olukayode Doherty, Declares APC Winner / Aba South/North Bye-Election: INEC Declares PDP's Ebisieke Winner / PDP kicks as PLASIEC declares APC winner of Plateau LG polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by Nemere2020: 8:27am On Dec 06, 2020
There was a drama at the state Secretariat of the Independent National Electoral Commission in Owerri when the Election Returning Officer, Hakeem Adikum, declared All Progressives Congress, the winner of the Imo North bye-election which held Saturday without returning a candidate.

Adikum, who quickly rose after announcing the results scored by various political parties and their candidates, simply said, “I hereby return the All Progressives Congress as the winner of the bye-election held in Imo North on Saturday, December 5.”

In announcing the results, the Returning Officer said that APC scored 36, 811 votes, while Emmanuel Okewulonu of the Peoples Democratic Party came second with 31, 903 votes.

According to Adikum, APC won in five out of the six Local Government Areas in the senatorial district while PDP won in one LGA.

While PDP won in Obowo LGA where its candidate hails from, the Returning Officer said that APC won in Okigwe, Onuimo, Isiala Mbano, Ehime Mbano, and Ihitte/ Uboma LGAs.

INEC’s failure to return any candidate as the winner of the election caused disquiet in the hall, as the supporters of the two persons, Ifeanyi Araraume and Frank Ibezim, laying claims to the APC ticket who were waiting to jubilate outside went home unannounced.

The INEC Resident Electoral Commissioner in Imo state, Prof Francis Ezeonu, told journalists that the electoral umpire was unable to return a particular candidate from APC as the winner of the election because of what he called several court orders for and against Ararume and Ibezim of the APC.

The PUNCH reports that an Abuja Federal High court had on Friday disqualified Ibezim from contesting the bye-election election.

The same day, a court of Appeal in Owerri sacked Araraume as the candidate of the APC and declared Ibezim as the authentic candidate of the party.
https://punchng.com/breaking-drama-as-inec-declares-apc-winner-of-imo-north-bye-election/?amp=1&utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

7 Likes

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by haryorbarmie83(m): 8:30am On Dec 06, 2020
What drama again.

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by considerroll: 8:31am On Dec 06, 2020
I already foreseen the outcome
Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by Yenefer(f): 8:34am On Dec 06, 2020
Rigged. No sentiments, i swear it's rigged. i know APC because I'm a member so is my family

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by singeronion: 8:43am On Dec 06, 2020
Congrats

2 Likes

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by Benjaniblinks(m): 8:43am On Dec 06, 2020
angry
#WeMove
Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by DropsMic(m): 8:43am On Dec 06, 2020
Hmmm
Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by Beverlyjean(f): 8:43am On Dec 06, 2020
Keep on rigging

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by fergie001: 8:43am On Dec 06, 2020
Party, without Candidate?

This is a new one.

5 Likes

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by Bayepot: 8:43am On Dec 06, 2020
I know APC will win. Mtchew
Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by Simplyleo: 8:44am On Dec 06, 2020
All APC needs in SE is just to have some little support. This is to satisfy constitutional requirement of 2/3. Because, if presidential election in Nigeria is by mere simple majority, there are places in Nigeria Tinubu will not waste his time and resources to go for campaign.

50% votes from North
30 % votes from SW
15 % votes from SS
Total = 95%. I think that's enough.

Pls I don't know who provides the remaining 5% votes. grin

40 Likes 9 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by CrimeKsmart: 8:44am On Dec 06, 2020
Yenefer:
Rigged. No sentiments, i swear it's rigged. i know APC because I'm a member so is my family
You mumu no be small cheesy

35 Likes

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by Iamgrey5(m): 8:44am On Dec 06, 2020
Yenefer:
Are you in imo state?

18 Likes

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by NwaAmaikpe: 8:44am On Dec 06, 2020
shocked

For those who have been asking NwaAmaikpe for the meaning of APC, it means

Anything is Possible in the Country.

It only gets weirder because how do you explain the victory of a party that fielded no candidate in an election?

77 Likes 10 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by PoliticalHunter: 8:44am On Dec 06, 2020
We need cams in all voting camps mehn,these riggers them apc and pdp,it's enough.
Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by maxiuc(m): 8:45am On Dec 06, 2020
Apc Don scatter this country

People are saying get your pvc and vote out bad leaders as if it is possible here in Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by Anozietimi(m): 8:46am On Dec 06, 2020
Yenefer:

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by Kingrefreshed: 8:46am On Dec 06, 2020

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by greatiyk4u(m): 8:47am On Dec 06, 2020
Yenefer:

Online Liar

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by seunmsg(m): 8:48am On Dec 06, 2020
I thought INEC published Ararume’s name as the candidate of APC before the election now. What has changed? Anyway, congratulations to APC. I support whoever eventually gets the ticket between Ararume and Ibezim.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by LaCremy: 8:48am On Dec 06, 2020
So APC won with no candidate??

Nigeria political drama grin grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by sylve11: 8:48am On Dec 06, 2020
Strictly their business. E nor concern me. cool
Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by bobchigar(m): 8:49am On Dec 06, 2020
They will stil blame Tinubu on this election result.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by Solavic2020(m): 8:49am On Dec 06, 2020
Apc and election fraud are 5&6.
I pity PDP
My candid advice to PDP stop wasting your money on elections.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by apartlawful: 8:53am On Dec 06, 2020
Congrats to the winner

1 Like

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by GermanPoison(m): 8:56am On Dec 06, 2020
Yenefer:
u re a thick liar I pity person wey go marry you

14 Likes

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by chiokeman(m): 8:56am On Dec 06, 2020
Both of you should share the congrat. The
first person " CONG" The last person "RAT"
Do u see wot INEC and APC hv turned ds country into? Shameless people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by EMMY76: 8:56am On Dec 06, 2020
Some inec officials told us that the apc massively rigged the election that the pdp actually won I hope they can back up this claim with solid proofs in court?
Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by Mavrick2012: 8:57am On Dec 06, 2020
Sorry to say,but the truth is,the south east is the most confused region politically.
Always aligning with the government at the center.
Already,Umahi is leading the way.
In there shallow mind,APC will handover Power to them, come 2023, if they move to APC.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Declares APC Winner Of Imo North Bye-Election by NaijaOlosho(f): 9:00am On Dec 06, 2020
grin

I still can't understand how sane people still vote for APC.

I know they rigged but how did the people even allowed them to rig??

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Security Arrests Over 100 BDC Operators In Abuja As Naira Slumps To N1980 Per $1 / FG To Begin Campaign Against Indiscipline, African-time Syndrome — Lai Mohammed / Nigeria Has No Business With China If Aba Is Developed – Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.