Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,920 members, 7,817,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

I'm Beginning To Think That.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Beginning To Think That.... (531 Views)

I'm Beginning To Doubt My Disbelief On Men Of God. / I'm Beginning To Question Almost Everything I Believed In / I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Beginning To Think That.... by Inkopere: 3:38pm On Dec 06, 2020
Hello nairalanders,

I'm beginning to think that church is scam, may God have mercy on me if what I'm thinking is wrong but, I just got back from a Thanksgiving Sunday, everything is so discouraging, how can they ask for money, money, money and don't give back to society.

For example if you meet them for financial assistance they will say hope on the Lord and they will pray for you, but when they need, they will collect from members, I don't understand.

When I was a teenager (though it was white garment church) you will see as they will cook for everyone and even share items, buying and selling of items, it was fun and everyone was happy, but these days Pentecostal it's all about " bring your tithe, bring your vow, bring your seed, bring your salary, bring your gold, " please I need some encouragement to continue coz it's becoming annoying, I thought giving should come from the heart, this one now is forceful giving, please house what is the way forward.

No insults, matured response please

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by ChoCho54(f): 3:41pm On Dec 06, 2020
Go back to white garment church, simple.
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by Dracking(m): 3:46pm On Dec 06, 2020
Exactly am feeling the same way.
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by enilove(m): 3:56pm On Dec 06, 2020
Inkopere:
Hello nairalanders,

I'm beginning to think that church is scam, may God have mercy on me if what I'm thinking is wrong but, I just got back from a Thanksgiving Sunday, everything is so discouraging, how can they ask for money, money, money and don't give back to society.

For example if you meet them for financial assistance they will say hope on the Lord and they will pray for you, but when they need, they will collect from members, I don't understand.

When I was a teenager (though it was white garment church) you will see as they will cook for everyone and even share items, buying and selling of items, it was fun and everyone was happy, but these days Pentecostal it's all about " bring your tithe, bring your vow, bring your seed, bring your salary, bring your gold, " please I need some encouragement to continue coz it's becoming annoying, I thought giving should come from the heart, this one now is forceful giving, please house what is the way forward.

It is the original that needs to be adulterated not fake.

There are few genuine Christian churches , you need to pray and be vigilant.

Try Deeper Life and MFM . At least am sure of those two.
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by FatherOfJesus: 3:58pm On Dec 06, 2020
Church is definitely a scam and a serious business outfit.

It's clear to see unless you cannot reason
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by FatherOfJesus: 3:59pm On Dec 06, 2020
Lol, you are not sure about anything. You are also being scammmed
enilove:

Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by Inkopere: 4:00pm On Dec 06, 2020
enilove:

I tried MFM, na neck pain I later get, if you know what I mean
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by Organsmuggler(f): 4:10pm On Dec 06, 2020
god does not exist!

1 Like

Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by enilove(m): 5:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
FatherOfJesus:
Lol, you are not sure about anything. You are also being scammmed

Scammed by who ?
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 06, 2020
When a church says give, if you have, give. If you don't have, it's not by force. Paul says, do not give out of compulsion or after giving you now go and start begging.

God loves a cheerful giver. Not one with a grudging heart.
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by FatherOfJesus: 5:15pm On Dec 06, 2020
God of men
enilove:

Scammed by who ?
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by xproducer: 5:29pm On Dec 06, 2020
The Churches have historically experienced issues involving bad practices, etc.... (churches in the Apostle Paul's day, the churches in Asia Minor in the Revelations, etc).

They have persisted to the present day, but know that "For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?" - 1 Peter 4:17

Having stated all this, it is important to "...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling;" - Philippians 2:12

Of course not relying on our works, but on the work of GOD / the Lord Jesus Christ on the cross, and His unearned grace!
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by MuttleyLaff: 6:18pm On Dec 06, 2020
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by nzube25779: 7:56pm On Dec 06, 2020
Go back to white garment church, simple.
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by Frenzy01(m): 1:07pm On Dec 08, 2020
Inkopere:
Hello nairalanders,

You need no encouragement my dear brother... You are in the stage of self realization. I have the same issue with you and I've stopped going to church till I figure some things out myself, haven't gone at all this year
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by div111(m): 1:18pm On Dec 08, 2020
Inkopere:
Hello nairalanders,

bro the truth is that most of the big churches are not following the perfect will of God. This covid-19 saga opened my eyes oo.
hunger dey and they dey give govt thieves billions of naira instead of their members. No wonder they wanted to pass the CAMA bill cheesy grin

just work on ur salvation and pray to God for guidance on the church that you should attend. peace cool
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by josh123(m): 5:10pm On Dec 08, 2020
Inkopere:
Hello nairalanders,

A real church won't force u to pay tithe and offering, u give from the heart, if u were forced, God won't accept it because you didn't pay willingly. I will advise u to change ur church, u can try deeper life bible church
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2020
Scammers don't invent anything, they copy what is real to scam people.
So you need to identify the one and only true Christian group! Matthew 7:15-20

I won't mention any name because Jesus never did but i'll refer you to the activities Jesus foretold will help honest hearted and sincere individuals IDENTIFY his group when Satan have successfully multiplied the fake! smiley
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:05am On Dec 09, 2020
Inkopere:
Hello nairalanders,

Don't worry much about church bro.. Worry about God, because church is a variable, but God is a constant.

Church can change but God can never change.

You don't need church bro, what you need is God, so ensure that you're with God and that He's with you, and use that to determine the decisions you make and actions you take.

So whatever church does or become, even if it turns to something else other than what it ought to be, it won't affect your relationship with God.

I haven't been an active member of a church for close to twenty years now, yet it would be hard to find someone who's been active in the church all the while that's as close to God as I am.

It's all about God bro, not church.

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by gobuchinny: 7:36am On Dec 09, 2020
Inkopere:
Hello nairalanders,

My brother, i have been in your shoes. I discovered however that when i sat down Alone with my bible and the Holy Spirit i discovered so many errors in todays "church"
Sad to say that the church as you know it was hijacked when Constantine became a Christian and set up ordinances of men. Same ordinances that the protesters took but the pentecostal have taken it to a dangerous place.

They have totally derailed from the salvation story to their own stories to fill their purses. The way is indeed narrow as Yeshua won't have said that if it were not so. So many are lost. And thw deceivers will continue to deceive and themselves being deceived.

My advise again. SIT DOWN ALONE WITH YOUR BIBLE AND INVITE THE HOLYSPIRIT AND STUDY THE NT FIRSTLY to understand d covenant as i find out a lack of understanding of the new covenant is a major issue

Btw i have not seen the inside of a "church' in 2 years but im stronger on faith now than ave ever been since 2006 i gave my life to Him

Peace
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by MuttleyLaff: 7:43am On Dec 09, 2020
Inkopere:
Hello nairalanders,

gobuchinny:
My brother, i have been in your shoes. I discovered however that when i sat down Alone with my bible and the Holy Spirit i discovered so many errors in todays "church"

Sad to say that the church as you know it was hijacked when Constantine became a Christian and set up ordinances of men. Same ordinances that the protesters took but the pentecostal have taken it to a dangerous place.

They have totally derailed from the salvation story to their own stories to fill their purses. The way is indeed narrow as Yeshua won't have said that if it were not so. So many are lost. And thw deceivers will continue to deceive and themselves being deceived.

My advise again. SIT DOWN ALONE WITH YOUR BIBLE AND INVITE THE HOLYSPIRIT AND STUDY THE NT FIRSTLY to understand d covenant as i find out a lack of understanding of the new covenant is a major issue

Btw i have not seen the inside of a "church' in 2 years but im stronger on faith now than ave ever been since 2006 i gave my life to Him

Peace

MuttleyLaff:
I knew you're confused dot com. You have to be more confused than a chameleon dropped into a bag of skittles, if you thought, I danced, clapped and was impressed by Martian's Hindu Lord Shiva antics

Fyi, Christianity is a Constantine/Roman state invention piggybacked off, the disdainful epithet created by the people of Antioch, a city notorious for their ability to invent nicknames and associate others with the nicknames.
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by Myer(m): 9:19am On Dec 09, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
Don't worry much about church bro.. Worry about God, because church is a variable, but God is a constant.

Church can change but God can never change.

You don't need church bro, what you need is God, so ensure that you're with God and that He's with you, and use that to determine the decisions you make and actions you take.

So whatever church does or become, even if it turns to something else other than what it ought to be, it won't affect your relationship with God.

I haven't been an active member of a church for close to twenty years now, yet it would be hard to find someone who's been active in the church all the while that's as close to God as I am.

It's all about God bro, not church.

God bless.

I don't even know if to call your self-righteousness or self-delusion.

I don't know if you hear yourself. Cos you sound more like Pharisees and not like the disciples.

You're close to God yet you have no idea of his plans for your life talk less of his plans for the world?

Covid19 came and left, you heard nothing. Trump lost US election which most Christians claimed he would win.

You have no testimony of anyone who has been healed through your prayers.

All you do is keep professing how more righteous than everyone you are. All you preach lately is end of the world just because of Covid-19 which you heard nothing about.

Delusional is the only word that explains your case.
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:02am On Dec 09, 2020
Why don't you change your church? Take your time and find a truthful Bible believing church.
Re: I'm Beginning To Think That.... by shadeyinka2: 10:31am On Dec 09, 2020
Inkopere:
Hello nairalanders,

It had always been like that even from the time of Jesus. Trust opportunists to insert themselves between the People and offerings that is supposed to go to God. Notwithstanding, Jesus didn't condemn giving or going to worship with the congregation however these impostures will be judged when their cup is full.
Matthew 21:12-13
12Then Jesus entered the temple courts and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those selling doves. 13 And He declared to them, “It is written: ‘My house will be called a house of prayer.’ But you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’ ”

Indeed the church is infiltrated by robbers and wolves in sheep skin!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye’s son dies at 42 / Man Does Not Live On Bread Alone / How TB Joshua's Critics Are Exposing The Division In Christianity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.