Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

The Real Explanation Of John 1:1-3 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Real Explanation Of John 1:1-3 (323 Views)

The Word And The Watchtower: An Exegesis Of John 1:1 / The Vatican Removed 14 Books From The Bible In 1684 With No Real Explanation / What You Need To Know About Confession Of Sins From 1 John 1:9 - Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Explanation Of John 1:1-3 by Theboss100(m): 4:25pm On Dec 06, 2020
Let me analyze that John 1:1-3. This text does not in any way support the fraud trinity. Three person does not make one God. Let me prove it to you people. In the beginning was the WORD which is the same as LOGOS. Which we all know is Jesus Christ. Colossians 1:15-20. He was the first thing created by God. God then used him to create everything both visible and invisible.
2. The WORD ( Jesus Christ ) was with God his Father.
3. And the WORD ( Jesus Christ ) was God. That's true. Pls read the following
1 Corinthians 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

All things were created by Jesus Christ and without him, nothing would have be created.

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Falsehood of Trinity

Many people including this brother I am qouting believe in trinity which they say three persons make one God i.e God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
This is false as the Bible texts I stated earlier disproves it.
Let's go further. Bible texts
God said in the book of Isaiah

Isaiah 40:18 To whom then will ye liken God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him? 40:25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
Isaiah 46:5 To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

2. Jesus Christ collaborated with the above when he said his father is greater than he himself.

John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. John 13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him. John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Conclusion
The final self explanatory text of the Book of books.
This is an even that happened during the baptism of Jesus Christ.
Only the wise will understand

Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

The Holy Spirit is not a person but the active force of Jehovah. It's simply His Power. That's is why sin against the holy spirit is not forgiven. It's penalty is death.

And to tell you that devil has used his falsehood through his fake prophets, pastors etc to blind many. How can you believe in trinity when Jesus Christ himself always pray directly to his father when he was here on earth during his first advent Anything he does, he always acknowledge his Father. That's to show that God is greater than him.
May Jehovah have mercy upon His lost sheep. Amen

Never equat the Holy Spirit as a person as this text in John 17:3 will make you look stupid

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Jesus Christ was a rich man in Heaven but he has to be made a little lower than the angels just for your sake and mine. God made it happen and yet people equat the both of them. God have mercy.
Re: The Real Explanation Of John 1:1-3 by Theboss100(m): 4:29pm On Dec 06, 2020
Ask questions and don't die without knowledge. Is very very bad
Always endeavour to ask you pastors and GOs questions. Most are just interested in the money and tithes. So they tell you what you want to here and not the truth.
Re: The Real Explanation Of John 1:1-3 by hisgrace090: 6:02pm On Dec 06, 2020
A good son and his father are always one though the father is on top.

A president and his cabinate are one the reason why one can represent another.

Jesus have a reason for saying i and my fatger are one.

John 10:30.
Re: The Real Explanation Of John 1:1-3 by Dtruthspeaker: 6:12pm On Dec 06, 2020
hisgrace090:

Great answer!

And the nearest to the explanation is that it is liken to what a husband and a wife Ought to be, that is One, but they are not.

And people can not appreciate this Value as they have never Seen even the simplest and clearest case of a Husband being One with his Wife!

Therefore, they can not appreciate what Christ meant when He said "He is One with The Father"

1 Like

Re: The Real Explanation Of John 1:1-3 by Theboss100(m): 6:53pm On Dec 06, 2020
hisgrace090:

What he meant was oneness in purpose and not in entity as so saith trinity doctrine.
Old read John 17:17-21

John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth. 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. 17:19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; 17:21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Re: The Real Explanation Of John 1:1-3 by Theboss100(m): 6:58pm On Dec 06, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Great answer!

And the nearest to the explanation is that it is liken to what a husband and a wife Ought to be, that is One, but they are not.

And people can not appreciate this Value as they have never Seen even the simplest and clearest case of a Husband being One with his Wife!

Therefore, they can not appreciate what Christ meant when He said "He is One with The Father"
Oneness in purpose and not in entity.
The are one because they share same characteristics but do not possess the same power.
God is always greater. Just a father and so. Though the son might resemble his father or share same characteristics or traits but that doesn't make him his father or to be equated with his father. Hope you get my point
Re: The Real Explanation Of John 1:1-3 by livingchrist: 7:44pm On Dec 06, 2020
Theboss100:
Let me analyze that John 1:1-3. This text does not in any way support the fraud trinity. Three person does not make one God. Let me prove it to you people. In the beginning was the WORD which is the same as LOGOS. Which we all know is Jesus Christ. Colossians 1:15-20. He was the first thing created by God. God then used him to create everything both visible and invisible.
1 Corinthians 8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

All things were created by Jesus Christ and without him, nothing would have be created.

Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Falsehood of Trinity

Many people including this brother I am qouting believe in trinity which they say three persons make one God i.e God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

Isaiah 40:18 To whom then will ye liken God? or what likeness will ye compare unto him? 40:25 To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.
Isaiah 46:5 To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

2. Jesus Christ collaborated with the above when he said his father is greater than he himself.

John 10:29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand. John 13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him. John 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

Conclusion

Matthew 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

The Holy Spirit is not a person but the active force of Jehovah. It's simply His Power. That's is why sin against the holy spirit is not forgiven. It's penalty is death.

And to tell you that devil has used his falsehood through his fake prophets, pastors etc to blind many. How can you believe in trinity when Jesus Christ himself always pray directly to his father when he was here on earth during his first advent Anything he does, he always acknowledge his Father. That's to show that God is greater than him.

Never equat the Holy Spirit as a person as this text in John 17:3 will make you look stupid

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 17:4 I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Jesus Christ was a rich man in Heaven but he has to be made a little lower than the angels just for your sake and mine. God made it happen and yet people equat the both of them. God have mercy.

your post is born out of ignorance and lack of scriptural insight.
Where was it written that Jesus was first created and then God used him to create all other things?

John 1 vv 1 said the word is God

Secondly James said there is only one God not two.
From your right up, your contradict yourself by establishing the lie that there are two Gods, one a lesser god and the other a bigger God but scripture tells you there is only one God.

Thirdly, How can God used another being to create the word when He said he created the heavens and earth alone?
Fourthly, the holy Spirit a force? Can a force speak, intercede, be grieved? Can you sin against a force?

You said Jesus was made a little lower than the Angels yet still asking how come the father is greater than him?
Jesus was not Just a rich man in heaven he is actually God.
Re: The Real Explanation Of John 1:1-3 by Dtruthspeaker: 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2020
Theboss100:
Oneness in purpose and not in entity.
The are one because they share same characteristics but do not possess the same power.
God is always greater. Just a father and so. Though the son might resemble his father or share same characteristics or traits but that doesn't make him his father or to be equated with his father. Hope you get my point

That is my Position too, I Agree, that they are not equal but I Love their Oneness and Unity and Cooperation and Togetherness.

That is what I see in The Highest (He who Sits on the Throne, The Lamb (Who sits on the Right Hand of God, The Holy Spirit
Re: The Real Explanation Of John 1:1-3 by Theboss100(m): 8:22pm On Dec 06, 2020
livingchrist:
your post is born out of ignorance and lack of scriptural insight.
Where was it written that Jesus was first created and then God used him to create all other things?

John 1 vv 1 said the word is God

Secondly James said there is only one God not two.
From your right up, your contradict yourself by establishing the lie that there are two Gods, one a lesser god and the other a bigger God but scripture tells you there is only one God.

Thirdly, How can God used another being to create the word when He said he created the heavens and earth alone?
Fourthly, the holy Spirit a force? Can a force speak, intercede, be grieved? Can you sin against a force?

You said Jesus was made a little lower than the Angels yet still asking how come the father is greater than him?
Jesus was not Just a rich man in heaven he is actually God.
Read Colossians 1:15-20
Rev3:14

1 Like

Re: The Real Explanation Of John 1:1-3 by Jacksparrow7(m): 8:35pm On Dec 06, 2020
The father is the God head.
But the father and the son work together in everything they do.
The Word became flesh. Until Mary begot Jesus, God didn't have a son.
But someone will say that if Jesus was the Word, and he came to earth, was it that God could not talk again till Jesus returned?
Well I would say, just like Moses and Aaron Moses will tell Aaron what to say, as Aaron was his mouth speak
Re: The Real Explanation Of John 1:1-3 by jaheymezz(m): 8:38pm On Dec 06, 2020
The best picture of the Trinity is like the picture of the
Sun. We have the Sun which can represent the Father
God, the light which represents Jesus Christ and the heat
(radiation) which represents the Holy Spirit. The Father
God represents the Source of the Godhead, the Lord Jesus Christ represents the form and visibility of the
Godhead and the Holy Spirit represents the energy
emanations from the Godhead. Thus God is actually one God-person having three
God-attributes: the Father as the source attribute of God
outside of space, time and dimension, the Lord Jesus
Christ as the “shape-form” attribute of God revealed to
all creation, the Holy Spirit as the energy-emanation
attribute of God throughout all creation. (Remembering
that one God-person can be omnipresent simultaneously
in various forms emanating through all space and time –
which to humans look like multi-persons but is actually
only one God-person). He who has seen Jesus Christ has
seen the Father (John 14:8, 9). In Christ dwells all the full￾ness of the Godhead bodily (Colossians 2:8-10)

This is still very inaccurate but just so we can have an understanding as per humans wey we be
Re: The Real Explanation Of John 1:1-3 by TheElated177: 9:28pm On Dec 06, 2020
Theboss100:

Falsehood of Trinity

Conclusion

Is Jesus Christ - Yahushua the Messiah - your God?

(1) (Reply)

Scary Experience With Bloody Mary! / BREAKING! Prophet Israel Oladele Genesis Granted N2 Million Bail / The Efficacy Of The Anointing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.