Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,581 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Did The Bible Record An Igbo - Yoruba Encounter? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did The Bible Record An Igbo - Yoruba Encounter? (565 Views)

Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / Pandemonium As Masquerades And Lord's Chosen Mopols Encounter In Public. Photos / Is This Where Jesus Endorsed Asoebi In The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did The Bible Record An Igbo - Yoruba Encounter? by rossniti: 2:15am On Dec 07, 2020
Did The Old Testament Record An Igbo - Yoruba encounter?

There is growing evidence that the ancient Hebrews were a race of African origin - something long attested to by the bible itself, as for example in Amos 9:7 where Yahweh asks his people, ''Are ye not as the children of the Ethiopians unto me, oh children of israel?

Another stunning indicator is Zephaniah 3:10 where Yahweh promises to one day gather his 'dispersed' who dwell in the lands ''beyond the rivers of Ethiopia'', ie the after the Nile! .....West and Central Africa!

''From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering. In that day shalt thou not be ashamed.'' - Zephaniah 3:10

When Jerusalem fell to Roman invaders in 70 AD as prophesied, millions of those Hebrews fled into Africa. To get away from Roman forces, they fled to that part of Africa were Pax Romana was not established. A region almost completely unknown to Rome. West and Central Africa.

In fact, ancient European maps named a forest West African region the 'Kingdom of Judah'.

The Igbo - Yoruba Biblical Encounter - ADENIJI AND ABIA

According to 2 Samuel, Adonijah (’Ǎḏōnîyāh, 'my lord is Yah') was the fourth son of King David. His mother was Haggith as recorded in the book of 2 Samuel 3:4. Adonijah was born at Hebron during the long conflict between David and the House of Saul.

Life

After the death of his elder brothers Amnon and Absalom, Adonijah considered himself the heir-apparent to the throne. He acquired chariots and a large entourage. The king was unaware of this being he was “stricken in years” with his health failing him, and was in a different city. Adonijah consulted and obtained the support of both the commander of the army Joab and the influential priest ABIA thar. However, the priest Zadok; Benaiah, head of the king's bodyguard; Nathan, the court prophet; and others did not side with Adonijah.

In anticipation of his father's imminent death, Adonijah invited his brother princes and the court officials to a solemn sacrifice in order to announce his claim to the throne. He did not invite Solomon or any of his supporters. According to the Jewish Study Bible, by excluding Solomon, Adonijah demonstrates his awareness that he is in effect usurping the throne.

Assuming that Adonijah will soon move to eliminate any rivals or opposition, Nathan warns Bathsheba, Solomon's mother, and counsels her to remind the king of a previous promise to make Solomon his successor.

..Adonijah was supplanted by Solomon through the influence of Bathsheba, and through the diplomacy of the prophet Nathan. They induced David to give orders that Solomon should immediately be proclaimed and admitted to the throne, which David agreed.[1]

After receiving word that Solomon had been crowned king, Adonijah's supporters quickly fled, while Adonijah took refuge at the altar. He later received a pardon for his conduct from Solomon on the condition that he showed himself a worthy man (1 Kings 1:5–53). Afterwards, Adonijah asked to marry Abishag .....[Abishola?] from Shunem, who served his father David on his deathbed. Solomon, however, interpreting the request as a second attempt to gain the throne, denied authorization for such an engagement, even though Bathsheba now pleaded on Adonijah's behalf. Adonijah was then put to death (1 Kings 2:13–25).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adonijah
Re: Did The Bible Record An Igbo - Yoruba Encounter? by AsiwajuNdigbo: 2:39am On Dec 07, 2020
Find Biafra for me in this your interpretation of speaking in tongues.

Bight of Biafra must be there somewhere, probably coded. Abeg decode. Thank you
Re: Did The Bible Record An Igbo - Yoruba Encounter? by Freestainworld(m): 4:20am On Dec 07, 2020
AsiwajuNdigbo:
Find Biafra for me in this your interpretation of speaking in tongues.

Bight of Biafra must be there somewhere, probably coded. Abeg decode. Thank you
how Biafra take concern this write up now, everything una turn nam to tribal issue, even Bible?
Re: Did The Bible Record An Igbo - Yoruba Encounter? by illicit(m): 4:27am On Dec 07, 2020
The Bible is open to interpretation as u deem fit....
It's an old history book anyway
Re: Did The Bible Record An Igbo - Yoruba Encounter? by Mynd44: 4:43am On Dec 07, 2020
Even after all the DNA tests show no ancestry?
Re: Did The Bible Record An Igbo - Yoruba Encounter? by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 07, 2020
rossniti:

In fact, ancient European maps named a forest West African region the 'Kingdom of Judah'.

Unless, I am mistaken, the only forest West African region that you are talking about is the Kingdom of Ouidah(now part of modern-day Benin Republic). Am I right or wrong?

If what I am saying is correct, then you are not making sense at all with all due respect.

The French were the ones who used to call it "Juda" and not "Judah" as you said. You threw the "h" in there so that it would flow well with your warped historical narrative.

I can also tell you for free that the very reason that the French called the kingdom "Juda" in those days was down to the fact that they couldn't pronounce or spell Ouidah properly. It wasn't because they thought or knew that the people of Ouidah were Jews/Hebrews or anything of the sort.

If they were Hebrews or Jews why did they practise Vodun/Voodoo?

Get some proper education sir and stop spreading falsehood. Thanks.

Kingdom of Whydah/Ouidah/Judah/Fida/Fidah/Ajuda/Juida:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouidah&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj4oMfWqLvtAhVIzqQKHdghCsYQFjAUegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1yBZgZaJWW6LPn4He6keAY
Re: Did The Bible Record An Igbo - Yoruba Encounter? by oluwaahmed: 6:46am On Dec 07, 2020
There's no way the yorubas were children or descendants of isreal because up till this day, they still worship lesser gods like ogun, osun, etc who thought them the art of vodoo, necromancy & divinination. At best the yorubas are begotten by the watchers who made love to female children, because in yoruba history, their god came down from heaven.
Re: Did The Bible Record An Igbo - Yoruba Encounter? by AsiwajuNdigbo: 6:33pm On Dec 07, 2020
Freestainworld:
how Biafra take concern this write up now, everything una turn nam to tribal issue, even Bible?
Get lost! We are God's chosen people. However much una hate us we prosper and grow. Jealosuy go wreck una.
Re: Did The Bible Record An Igbo - Yoruba Encounter? by AsiwajuNdigbo: 6:35pm On Dec 07, 2020
Mynd44:

What is DNA?
Explain DNA to me in its natural manifest.
Re: Did The Bible Record An Igbo - Yoruba Encounter? by rossniti: 2:59am On Dec 08, 2020
mansakhalifa:

Unless, I am mistaken, the only forest West African region that you are talking about is the Kingdom of Ouidah(now part of modern-day Benin Republic). Am I right or wrong?

If what I am saying is correct, then you are not making sense at all with all due respect.

The French were the ones who used to call it "Juda" and not "Judah" as you said. You threw the "h" in there so that it would flow well with your warped historical narrative.

I can also tell you for free that the very reason that the French called the kingdom "Juda" in those days was down to the fact that they couldn't pronounce or spell Ouidah properly. It wasn't because they thought or knew that the people of Ouidah were Jews/Hebrews or anything of the sort.

If they were Hebrews or Jews why did they practise Vodun/Voodoo?

Get some proper education sir and stop spreading falsehood. Thanks.

Kingdom of Whydah/Ouidah/Judah/Fida/Fidah/Ajuda/Juida:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouidah&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj4oMfWqLvtAhVIzqQKHdghCsYQFjAUegQIBhAB&usg=AOvVaw1yBZgZaJWW6LPn4He6keAY

Little boy arguing with his elders. Are you aware that the letter 'J' was unused in ancient Hebrew, a silent letter, meaning that the word Judah was pronounced Ouidah or Yuda, meaning that tribe is using the name as it was meant to be spelled?

Asking why they practiced 'voodoo' is a silly question. The old testament itself prophesied that the dispersed Hebrews would worship 'other gods' in the places they were dispersed to.

1 Like

Re: Did The Bible Record An Igbo - Yoruba Encounter? by rossniti: 3:09am On Dec 08, 2020
oluwaahmed:
There's no way the yorubas were children or descendants of isreal because up till this day, they still worship lesser gods like ogun, osun, etc who thought them the art of vodoo, necromancy & divinination. At best the yorubas are begotten by the watchers who made love to female children, because in yoruba history, their god came down from heaven.

Using the religion currently popular among a people is no indicator of their ancestry, any more than your current adoption of christianity indicates yours.
Re: Did The Bible Record An Igbo - Yoruba Encounter? by rossniti: 3:23am On Dec 08, 2020
Mynd44:

DNA tests conducted by the white Europeans who claim to be Jews?

You think the descendants of Abraham were white people from Russia, Poland, Austria, and Germany? These are the present constitution of modern day Israelis.

Modern Israeli 'Jews' are 'Jewish' by religious conversion, not by ancestry.

They are not in the position to be testing anyone's DNA for something they themselves do not possess.

1 Like

Re: Did The Bible Record An Igbo - Yoruba Encounter? by Nobody: 4:39am On Dec 08, 2020
oluwaahmed:

Yorubas are not descendants of Israel because they have their own history and don’t need to adopt or steal Jewish mythology as their own. Black people claiming to be Jews are ridiculous and embarrassing.

Regarding so called “lesser gods”, inferiority complex has totally destroyed the psyche of some of you people. Don’t the abrahamic religions you venerate have voodoo(all the magic tricks in the Bible, Talmud, and Quran. Prayers), necromancy ( catholics and their saints), and divination ( prophecy, rapture, nadhir, bashir) in their doctrine?

oluwaahmed:

At best the yorubas are begotten by the watchers who made love to female children, because in yoruba history, their god came down from heaven.

The thoroughness of the mental subjugation of Africans is something to behold!! I guarantee you the Jews are not viewing themselves through the lens of Yoruba, or any other culture’s, mythology and affirming their own inferiority by saying imbecilic shit like “Jews are begotten by the watchers who made lov.......bla bla fucking bla”.

Dum Diversas was/is thoroughly effective.

(1) (Reply)

What If The Rapture Is ...... / How Jesus Fulfilled The Law And The Prophets / We Need A Christian Radio Station In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.