Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU (21966 Views)

Work Only Twice A Week, Until FG Increases Salary By 200% - COEASU Directs Membe / FG Promised N60,000 Increment In Professors' Salaries – ASUU / No Resumption Date Yet For Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by Tye1: 12:18pm On Dec 07, 2020
Super Eagles coach, does he work everyday? But he collects full monthly salary for only periodic training he does and matches played.
When Buhari went to Hospital for months in UK did he collect full benefits or not.
If Yes, then they deserved to be paid with interest using bank rate as percentage because many lectures would have been getting loans from other means to survive. If it happens in Europe all sure the govt would have been sued and damages would be paid big time

1 Like

Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by Jung(m): 12:41pm On Dec 07, 2020
vindisick:

You no get talk.

The guy no get anything sensible to add. Just plenty English and rubbish talk lol.

2 Likes

Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by Jung(m): 12:43pm On Dec 07, 2020
ProphetM0hammad:

Park well.
They didn't run away from their work.
No work no pay is unique to strike

You need brain reset my gee. Inasmuch as I appreciate your zest to discuss ASUU matter, you just dey yarn Okoto meow skrrrrr steady.

Take a back seat and let those who genuinely care speak on the issue

1 Like

Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by luluman: 12:59pm On Dec 07, 2020
liltee123:

What do you think about this ASUU's statements?
Who are you asking?
Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by SirWarlock: 1:28pm On Dec 07, 2020
capitalzero:

ASUU need money to celebrate Christmas and new year. After getting paid, strike would still continue. No government can meet ASUU demands!!!
I swear none. Even the government that made the agreement that got us here in the first place! angry. The only way out at this point I think is to put provision for ASUU separately in the budget sad.

2 Likes

Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by SirWarlock: 2:16pm On Dec 07, 2020
Urstinho:
In as much as it hurts that I have stayed at home for some long, I believe ASUU is right not to call off the strike.

You know this our govt. is so wicked. How can you refuse to pay your workers and expect them to continue working? No, it doesn't go well that way, so please pay up.
if buhari is the dictator people say he is grin and the government is very wicked as your comment says and they refuse further negotiations with ASUU, strike continues till 2022 and biodun still comes out to say the same thing, would you still say the same like you did here?
Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by SirWarlock: 2:27pm On Dec 07, 2020
ProphetM0hammad:

I'm not painting the FG prefect. But FG will continue to give ASUU several empty promises.
Imagine they did a meeting and they said they've agreed on 65B, then another meeting that it's now 70B, I already started to sense deceptions at that point cos it didn't make sense. They promised 65B and haven't released any kobo and suddenly increased it to 70B.
At this point if ASUU demand that the Government pay them via Western Union, FG will agree, but it's all a lie.

My problem with ASUU is that i want ASUU to be realistic. Most of them are partisans too and some of them helped to bring this evil government into Power, this administration does not like Education hence ASUU have to bring their demands to the barest minimum, one that is feasible with the Government for now.
Then going forward should make sure with other well meaning Nigerians not to have this kind of Government rule us again.

ASUU might decide to go on strike for 3 years and it won't affect Buhari and Adamu in anyway.
But the Students time will get wasted and the lecturers might not get paid too.

I know for sure Christmas won't be the same for families of many lecturers this Year and some of them still have children in private secondary and primary schools and have to pay school fees by January
Exactly my thoughts. If truly we're in a dictatorship government, one which doesn't give a damn about anybody, not students or lecturers do we then still ask for elongation of our stay at home sad.
Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by bluefilm: 3:23pm On Dec 07, 2020
s4short:

I wonder the factors you used in concluding it has been perfect for ASUU maybe because they waste students time and still get paid. Are you aware that since 2009 ASUU has been going on strike for one same thing? That means several months or even years wasted on one thing yet no real headway till today and somehow you think strike has been effective, it's really quite unfortunate.

They have kept on going on strike because the Federal Government have proven to be insincere over and over again.

They have only used the method of 'promise and fail' all this while.

This time around, ASUU has said that 'enough is enough'.

And the government even knows that it is a very different ball game this time around.

This current strike has been more than effective.
Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by MoIbrahim: 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2020
liltee123:

What do you think about this ASUU's statements?

Shamelessly, you are less concerned about the failed promise of your government abi? Shuo!

Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by MoIbrahim: 3:52pm On Dec 07, 2020
nNEOo:
tomorrow ASUU will come to tell us they're after the betterment of the Nigerian students.

All they're after is the money the never worked for...

The day our docile Nigeria student remember them,that day will be the end of this their yearly money making venture.

#End2ASUU

Will you shurrup dia
Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by goodheart02(m): 4:08pm On Dec 07, 2020
nNEOo:
tomorrow ASUU will come to tell us they're after the betterment of the Nigerian students.

All they're after is the money the never worked for...

The day our docile Nigeria student remember them,that day will be the end of this their yearly money making venture.

#End2ASUU

My dear, the same way FG has been playing Nigerians is the same way they've been playing ASUU. Everyone is tired of the deceit of FG. We need results once and for all.
Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by goodheart02(m): 4:10pm On Dec 07, 2020
SilverNoGold:
cheesy.. Nigerian students are better off teaching themselves.. Cos Nigerian lecturers are incompetent and very lazy. What are they even teaching the students? How to cram lecture notes, and what else? Nonsense!

U never fail to disappoint with your shallow and myopic comments which always reeks of stupidity. Well done zombie
Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by ProphetM0hammad: 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2020
Jung:

You need brain reset my gee. Inasmuch as I appreciate your zest to discuss ASUU matter, you just dey yarn Okoto meow skrrrrr steady.

Take a back seat and let those who genuinely care speak on the issue
Of course, only those who see things your way are those who genuinely care.

You have enough saw dust upstairs if you are comparing the conditions of the few people, mainly primary and secondary school teachers who were told to stay at home by the Government themselves to ASUU, an expert AWOL group who aready downed tools before that time.
No work no pay is unique to strike actions, take it or leave it.
Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by ProphetM0hammad: 5:49pm On Dec 07, 2020
vindisick:

You no get talk.
Wait and see. Let them stay at home and be expecting multiple months salaries.
If it's a Government that's willing to yield to such demand, it's something that would have started at least since last month.
Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by whippersnapper(m): 6:37pm On Dec 07, 2020
Bluntemperor:

The present situation is self destructive.
How do you want the Western World to take us seriously on Education when for 9- Months,our Undergraduates are resting at home due to non-challant-attitude of -Mr Adamu and Ngige-this labour Counterparts.
Basically,they don't care as their children and Families are not involved.Shameful!
I thought Ngige said his Children are in public universities in Nigeria
Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by Jung(m): 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2020
ProphetM0hammad:

Of course, only those who see things your way are those who genuinely care.

You have enough saw dust upstairs if you are comparing the conditions of the few people, mainly primary and secondary school teachers who were told to stay at home by the Government themselves to ASUU, an expert AWOL group who aready downed tools before that time.
No work no pay is unique to strike actions, take it or leave it.

No vex airhead. Shebi na me dey waste my time with you?

You get data to argue ASUU matter. Make I find money go front.

Plenty English with very little substance.

Na consensus with everyone for this thread. We mutually agree say you no too get sense.

Love and light bros.

1 Like

Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by SirWarlock: 12:30am On Dec 08, 2020
flemsy15:
This should be the longest ASUU strike I can remember... Whatever it's, they should settle it once, even if it lasts a year... so they don't come back after 8 months and embark on strike for the same thing. They started dis discussion during Jonathan's tenure, gone to strike many times already for it
can we truly say it's the longest though? I mean schools were also shut for this long due to the pandemic. I do know it wouldn't have been their shortest strike sha grin but it wouldn't have gotten to 8 months and counting.
Re: No Resumption Until FG Pays Withheld Salaries – ASUU by ProphetM0hammad: 11:43am On Dec 08, 2020
Jung:

No vex airhead. Shebi na me dey waste my time with you?

You get data to argue ASUU matter. Make I find money go front.

Plenty English with very little substance.

Na consensus with everyone for this thread. We mutually agree say you no too get sense.

Love and light bros.
No find money go front na
Wait make dem pay ASUU maybe you go see change for your irrelevant support.
Adamu
Comparing people Government put on lockdown for a few weeks to notorious perennial truancy group like ASUU.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uniben Students Queue To Fetch Water In The School Halls Due ToShortage Of Water / Medical Student: Lets Meet. / Nigerian Couple Bag Phds In Mathematics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.