Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death (11092 Views)

Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch / Fayemi Mourns Tragic Passing Of Herbert Wigwe And Others In Helicopter Crash / Sergeant Olawoye Bukola Dies: Fayemi Mourns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by sojiboy(m): 6:15am On Dec 07, 2020
FAYEMI MOURNS HARRY AKANDE'S DEATH

Ekiti State Governor, Dr Kayode Fayemi has commiserated with the family of the late business mogul and former Presidential aspirant, Chief Harry Akande, who passed on Saturday, aged 77.

In a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Yinka Oyebode, the Governor described Akande's death as an unfortunate and irreparable loss not only to members of his family and the good people of Oyo State but to the nation at large.

The Chairman of the Nigeria Governors' Forum said the late Akande worked his way to the top, built a solid business empire and became influential across the globe through dint of hard work, brilliance and diligence.

Fayemi said the Ibadan-born Billionaire ventured into the Nigerian politics with the intent of using politics as a tool for social and economic change, but could not achieve his dreams of ruling the country as a presidential hopeful on the platform of the then All Nigerian Peoples Party (ANPP).

The Governor however said that Chief Harry Akande played politics without bitterness because his decision to participate in politics was to deepen democracy and create a system that caters for the masses and not for self-aggrandisement or wealth acquisition.

Recalling his first meeting with the late politician in England during the struggle for the revalidation of the June 12 presidential election won by the late Chief M.K.O Abiola, Fayemi said the late Harry Akande was a great supporter of the struggle.

"The news of Chief Akande's death came as a shock. He was indeed a great man, and a refined politician who envisioned a system that would cater for the Nigerian masses. There's no doubt that he had a great reputation across the globe as a successful businessman and a peace-loving politician.

“I first met Chief Akande in the heat of the June 12 struggle in England. He was very committed to Chief Abiola’s electoral victory and supported wholeheartedly those of us at the forefront of the struggle to respect the sanctity of that election and rid Nigeria of militarydictatorship.

"This is a great loss not only to his family and the people of Ibadan, but the country as a whole. We are however consoled by the fact he lived a good life, impacted many lives and left a good name and legacy.

"It is my prayer that the Lord will grant him eternal rest and give his family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss. On behalf of the Government and people of Ekiti State, I commiserate with the Government and people of Oyo State", the Governor said.

https://www.today.ng/news/nigeria/governor-fayemi-mourns-harry-akandes-demise-331161/amp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by Whiteshield: 6:26am On Dec 07, 2020
Only the OP's post, no replies yet and it's straight to front-page.
Fayemi's campaign has begun in earnest.
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by EdoFirstBorn(m): 6:27am On Dec 07, 2020
Oh he died?

Rip
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by stephany007: 6:27am On Dec 07, 2020
First
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by truthfulparrot(m): 6:27am On Dec 07, 2020
Why
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by HeadShot: 6:28am On Dec 07, 2020
Whiteshield:

Hahahaha...
He's the chairman of Governors forum
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by litathom(m): 6:28am On Dec 07, 2020
We move on >>>>>>>
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by Marvieduke(f): 6:28am On Dec 07, 2020
May his soul rest in peace
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by lkillbrokehoes: 6:29am On Dec 07, 2020
I met the man few years ago with some groups, he was a nice man and easy going, may his soul rest in peace..

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by sojiboy(m): 6:33am On Dec 07, 2020
Whiteshield:

With all sincerity, what do you want me to reply to, that/did not? I dey wait you.
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by zeusdgrt(m): 6:34am On Dec 07, 2020
And so,,?
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by AFULA(m): 6:35am On Dec 07, 2020
okay
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by ShenTeh(m): 6:35am On Dec 07, 2020
Same Harry Akande the billionaire? Oh, may his soul rest in peace.

May we live long to see our children's children in good health and great wealth.
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:36am On Dec 07, 2020
May his soul Rest in Peace.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by sakssey23: 6:39am On Dec 07, 2020
Woow! Life Shaa..

May His Soul Rest in Peace.
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by Exponental(m): 6:40am On Dec 07, 2020
Whiteshield:
Let's assume he's either Fayemi or Akande's fan
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by Whiteshield: 6:47am On Dec 07, 2020
sojiboy:

With all sincerity, what do you want me to reply to, that/did not? I dey wait you.

My brother, I'm not attacking you. After all, you didn't move it to the front page.
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by olisaEze(m): 6:47am On Dec 07, 2020
Dakore Egbuson’s father-in-law, a great iroko has fallen, what a loss. May God grant his family the fortitude to bear the loss.
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by raddyworld: 6:52am On Dec 07, 2020
May his soul rest in peace.
Harry akande is gone and leaving all wealth behind.
One day we shall return to where we belong.a lesson to those who are running after wealthby all means. We will surly leave them behind.
And which one I'll be ur home
Kingdom of Heaven
Or
Hell fire.
Harry or someone who is younger than u couldn't buy death. It is by grace that u are alive. Repent now
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by Simplebeauty: 7:04am On Dec 07, 2020
grin
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by Kenog4real(m): 7:25am On Dec 07, 2020
When I saw Harry, na Kane follow am grin[s][/s]. RIP to Harry abeg.
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by PropertyBuying(f): 7:25am On Dec 07, 2020
May his soul RIP...
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by GboyegaD(m): 7:33am On Dec 07, 2020
May his soul rest in perfect peace. I love the man though.
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by alfredilly: 7:48am On Dec 07, 2020
Harry Akande, actress Dakore father in-law. Dakore will be happy for will to his husband
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by revived: 7:50am On Dec 07, 2020
Ood
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by toffyz(m): 7:57am On Dec 07, 2020
He was once in top 5 of Nigeria richest men.

I think around 2002-2004.

RIP
Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by Eriokanmi: 8:05am On Dec 07, 2020
....and the man died. The world's former 4th richest individual on the planet earth. Rip, one of the illustrious sons of Africa

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death by anigbajumo(m): 9:17am On Dec 07, 2020
Na silent billionaire, he is fucking rich....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

APC Is Nigeria’s Biggest Mistake – Atiku Tells Defectors To PDP In Adamawa / Lagos Government To Commence Construction Of Lekki Ferry In September / PHCN & Blackout ,When It Rains: Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.