Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,431 members, 7,812,280 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:06 AM

Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch (9245 Views)

Fayemi Mourns Tragic Passing Of Herbert Wigwe And Others In Helicopter Crash / Sergeant Olawoye Bukola Dies: Fayemi Mourns / Fayemi Mourns Harry Akande's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by AngelGabbyShara(m): 5:47pm On Mar 15
Fayemi mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, hails monarch for commitment to welfare of his people

Dr Kayode Fayemi, former governor of Ekiti State and Chairman of the Nigeria Governors Forum (NGF), has expressed his condolences on the death of HRM Oba Lekan Balogun, the Olubadan of Ibadanland.

In a statement released by his media office in Abuja, Dr Fayemi stated that the news of the late monarch's death was shocking and must have caused untold grief for his people.

Fayemi stated, "I received the news of the death of Oba Lekan Balogun, Alli Okunmade II, the Olubadan of Ibadanland with sadness. I extend my heartfelt condolences to the immediate family, friends, the Olubadan in Council, the Oyo State Government, and the entire Ibadan community on the death of this great leader and custodian of his people’s heritage

"Kabiyesi was an exemplary leader whose reign was marked by wisdom, grace, and devotion to his people, and his contributions to the development of Ibadan and Oyo State in general cannot be overstated."

The former Governor of Ekiti State described Oba Balogun's death as the end of a great and true leader whose dedication to his people's well-being and progress was unparalleled.

Fayemi also noted, "As we mourn his passing, let us also celebrate his legacy of leadership and public service, as well as the profound impact he had on the lives of everyone who had the privilege of knowing him.

"On behalf of my wife, Bisi, and the rest of our family, I extend my condolences to the people of Ibadan, as well as the government and people of Oyo State, on this tragic loss. May the good Lord grant the departed monarch eternal rest and give his family the strength to bear the irreplaceable loss

Signed
Mallam Ahmad Sajoh
Head, Fayemi Media Office, Abuja
March 15, 2024

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by obicoolnino: 6:11pm On Mar 15
W
Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by HeroicMeastro: 6:12pm On Mar 15
Good
Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by Bunnatex(m): 6:18pm On Mar 15
May the king be at peace in the hall of his ancestors

1 Like

Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by babz11(m): 6:19pm On Mar 15
Why can’t Ibadan install young man as king,
Na old men them Dey install as King
Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by Abbeytoy(m): 6:22pm On Mar 15
babz11:

There's I process to become An Olubadan, and brfore you get their you would have been old.

Can a year old baby lead your family?
I believe that's the only way to have younger Olubadan.

Attached is the convo with a female friend.

Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by Calylove: 6:27pm On Mar 15
We mourn him too. It is well. What about the new Oyo monarch?
Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by Duelee: 6:29pm On Mar 15
May he rest in power
Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by ShenTeh(m): 6:30pm On Mar 15
This governor Seyi tenure ehn.

Almost every prominent Oyo State king has had to be buried by this administration.

And guy still has over 3 years to go o.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by oyeb15: 6:32pm On Mar 15
Fayemi d is seeking relevance. Karma will find u soonest.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by mannobi(m): 6:37pm On Mar 15
No be say Fayemi too like the oba like that o. He was planning to dethrone some EKITI kings during his tenure until the late alaafin cautioned him. In this life, use your time well. History will speak after you

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by fatosky1(m): 6:39pm On Mar 15
babz11:

The succession to the throne is through queuing system unlike in other town or city using rotation by different ruling families.
Title chiefs wait on queue and get promoted along the line until you get to be next in line to the throne.
The system though devoid of rancour or fighting among title holders make almost the next king always very old at ascension. It is an agelong practice that is difficult to review.

2 Likes

Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by youngrhosy(m): 7:14pm On Mar 15
: angry
Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by UrgentNeeds(m): 7:26pm On Mar 15
Awó Lo.
Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by Franking: 7:35pm On Mar 15
Monarchs have outlived their usefulness. RIP to the dead.
Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by trumpcoat(m): 7:54pm On Mar 15
Rest in peace to the monarch
Meanwhile patronise us for your painting
Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by abibun: 8:56pm On Mar 15
Ladoja
Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by Afrojuju2017(m): 9:29pm On Mar 15
abibun:
Ladoja

I do believe he is next in line. Rather interesting all the machinations of "constituted authority" (may Allah forgive him his flaws) didn't prevent this day.
Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by Jubrilv(m): 10:41pm On Mar 15
Okay
Re: Fayemi Mourns Late Olubadan, Oba Lekan Balogun, Hails Monarch by HRMK: 2:24am On Mar 16
IBADAN IS SIMPLY A CITY WHERE NOBODY COULD LEGITIMATELY CLAIM TO BE FROM A ROYAL FAMILY!IT IS AN ALLCOMERS THING!!

(1) (Reply)

Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 / Imota Rice Mill: LASG Calls For Strategic Partners In Operation And Management / Osinbajo, Ugwuanyi, Anglican Primate Felicitate With Catholic Bishops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.