Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,613 members, 7,955,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:47 PM

Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of Fresh #endsars Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of Fresh #endsars Protest (1222 Views)

Police Storm Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of #OccupyLekkiTollGate Protest (Photos) / Fresh #EndSARS Protest At Lekki Toll Gate, Lagos - AIT / EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of Fresh #endsars Protest by janefblog: 12:12pm On Dec 07, 2020
Heavily armed security operatives were allegedly deployed around midnight after military and police authorities warned that they will not allow another round of protests to take place.

Lagos state police spokesperson, Muyiwa Adejobi had in a statement released on Sunday December 6, stated that some unpatriotic individuals and groups were planning to embark on the replica of the recent destructive and violent EndSARS protest on Monday. He described it as “illegal” and further averred that they will be stopping the protest.

Adejobi said in a statement;

“The Command has reliably gathered intelligence that certain individuals/groups have concluded plans to lure unsuspecting Lagosians, especially youths, into their planned protest which is proposed to commence tomorrow Monday 7th December 2020 at designated locations in the state.

“The Lagos State Police Command wishes to re-echo and remind the general public that the Government of Lagos State, businesses, individuals and................... https://janefblog.com/15677-2soldiers-allegedly-take-over-lekki-toll-gate-ahead-of-fresh-endsars-protest/

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of Fresh #endsars Protest by Fahdiga1: 12:16pm On Dec 07, 2020
Do they have enough bullets to kill all of us. Do they have enough jail house to jail all of us. Nigerian youths we move

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of Fresh #endsars Protest by Ajax99(m): 12:18pm On Dec 07, 2020
Purpose should be met
Re: Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of Fresh #endsars Protest by ggood: 12:27pm On Dec 07, 2020
soldiers should go to sambisa forest

3 Likes

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of Fresh #endsars Protest by espn(m): 12:29pm On Dec 07, 2020
They should beat this people without mercy. Business has been affected by lockdown and the politicaly motivated #endsars# at first I thought it was real and for good until it became so obvious most of the ring leaders are PDPs die hard supporters or sympathisers. At least people should recover from this hardship Nigerians are going through as a result of the global crisis. Some paid idiots are out here disturbing our businesses.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of Fresh #endsars Protest by Goldencheese(m): 1:32pm On Dec 07, 2020
espn:
They should beat this people without mercy. Business has been affected by lockdown and the politicaly motivated #endsars# at first I thought it was real and for good until it became so obvious most of the ring leaders are PDPs die hard supporters or sympathisers. At least people should recover from this hardship Nigerians are going through as a result of the global crisis. Some paid idiots are out here disturbing our businesses.

Why are you people like this? When APC was in opposition, didn't the sitting president lead protests? Didn't Nigerian youths support his protests? And again, the last protest was hijacked by government sponsored thugs after everything went south, yet the purity of purpose regarding the protest cannot be denied. Is there no bad governance in Nigeria? Is there no police brutality? Has government not been persecuting the protesters that engaged in the first protests , seized their accounts and detained many?

The hardship is there whether these protests are started again or not. Know where you point your accusing fingers.

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of Fresh #endsars Protest by Valkrie: 1:35pm On Dec 07, 2020
espn:

Sincerely me think you should lead the beating...we would support you..!

Any protester you see just begin beat am don't worry we dey yah back...army would help and also join you in the beating...!!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of Fresh #endsars Protest by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 07, 2020
I really wish I could join this protest embarassed.
Re: Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of Fresh #endsars Protest by espn(m): 2:00pm On Dec 07, 2020
Goldencheese:

Why are you people like this? When APC was in opposition, didn't the sitting president lead protests? Didn't Nigerian youths support his protests? And again, the last protest was hijacked by government sponsored thugs after everything went south, yet the purity of purpose regarding the protest cannot be denied. Is there no bad governance in Nigeria? Is there no police brutality? Has government not been persecuting the protesters that engaged in the first protests , seized their accounts and detained many?

The hardship is there whether these protests are started again or not. Know where you point your accusing fingers.
bro am a business owner...The travel industry precisely...We have had a very rough year...Many company packed up as a result of the lockdown, some are owing staffs and bank. At a point we were trying to recover, the ENDSARS thing started which I supported initially. I have said this time without number, if we dont want bad governance we need to get our PVC and mobilize the youths...Orientate our elders so that we can kick this people out of power in 2023. The country is bad and people are still making it harder by paralyzing the economy. How do we survive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of Fresh #endsars Protest by Valkrie: 2:20pm On Dec 07, 2020
espn:
bro am a business owner...The travel industry precisely...We have had a very rough year...Many company packed up as a result of the lockdown, some are owing staffs and bank. At a point we were trying to recover, the ENDSARS thing started which I supported initially. I have said this time without number, if we dont want bad governance we need to get our PVC and mobilize the youths...Orientate our elders so that we can kick this people out of power in 2023. The country is bad and people are still making it harder by paralyzing the economy. How do we survive.

Which PVC? Are you not in this country? PVC no longer works...!! if pvc is to be working the scarecrow we have as president won't be there today...some governors like the supreme court governor of imo and that useless one in Kogi won't smell the seat of power...so what are you saying...? mobilising pvc is like building on a quicksand bro...!! You never hear say if the oppressor dont want a peaceful change then they should brace up for a violent one...!!

You are talking of some industry owing..if things are not fixed now there would no be company later...!!

1 Like

Re: Soldiers Allegedly Take Over Lekki Toll Gate Ahead Of Fresh #endsars Protest by Goldencheese(m): 3:18pm On Dec 07, 2020
Thanks for your civil response.

See, this year has been the toughest for me but let's not forget that even without this EndSARS protest, my brother, can you safely travel from just Lagos to Ibadan or Benin or to any northern state by road? The hardship is there and the new normal is to move our business online. It is difficult but the price of freedom is steep. May God meet our needs through our various hustles. God bless you and all yours.
espn:

(1) (Reply)

See The Igbo Name Of New COAS Appointed By Buhari Irabor / Nigeria Restructuring Bill Concluded Ready For Ratification / Fr. Mbaka’s Sin — Reuben Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.