Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 (11741 Views)

Reno Omokri: I Campaigned For Tinubu Because Osinbajo Is Harder To Defeat / Umahi: Why South-East People Still Obey IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order / Umahi: Why Atiku Supporters Destroyed His Campaign Billboard In Ebonyi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by Officialhorlah(m): 8:20pm On Dec 07, 2020
Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State has admitted supporting the President, Muhammadu Buhari ( retd.) , during the 2019 general election, even as a member of the Peoples Democratic Party.
Umahi said this at the foundation laying ceremony of a housing project in his hometown – Uburu – on Monday.
The governor said that his former party should not waste time in accusing him of giving the president 25 per cent of votes during the election.
“ I preached it in the entire southeast zone of the country, that the person who supports us is whom we will support .
“ I joined the APC for the president’ s love for Ebonyi even if for no other reason.
“ My eyes are on the ball– on what will get to my people, ” he said.
Umahi said he plans to submit a proposal for a channelisation work which will cut across the housing project, expressing confidence that the president will approve it.
“ You know I am his son , so you can be sure that I will get the approval .
“ You can say anything you want to say but the president loves me and I love him also.
“ I do not know how this love happened , but you should realise that grace is always upon the house of David, ” he said.
Umahi said he has barred all his appointees and supporters from reacting to verbal attacks from the PDP over his decision to join the APC.
“ I am the father of the state and should be ashamed that Ebonyi is heading into bitterness and disunity .

“ I have decided to forgive all those who wronged me and seek same from those who may have been hurt in this process which I take responsibilities for.
“ We should practice the Christianity we profess and this forgiveness has ensured that my blood pressure has dropped to 110 / 20 from 120/ 20 , ” he said.
The governor, however , said that such gesture should not be mistaken for weakness.
“ The people should know that David is a man of war.
“ God has directed that we stop this fight and we have no regrets being pencils in his hands .
“ I thank all those who intervened in this matter such as the Catholic Bishop of Abakalki diocese , the Christian Association of Nigeria , the state Founding Fathers Forum , Ohanaze Ndigbo socio - cultural organisation among others, ” he said.
https://punchng.com/why-i-campaigned-for-buhari-in-2019-umahi/

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by officialsaw01(m): 8:23pm On Dec 07, 2020
FTC
Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by Smithkafors(m): 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2020
And you are confident saying it.Continue,na turn by turn.

10 Likes

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by Racoon(m): 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2020
It was your political decision.Please live with it.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by TooMuchStuff: 8:40pm On Dec 07, 2020
Fat fool.
Premium Tears..... Loading on ya head soon!!

Ask Okorocha, Oyogun and Oshiomole who were dancing Azonto Upandan for Fulani politricks.....at the end they were disgraced and despatched to oblivion by the same Fulanis they sacrificed their own brother for.
Na hia we dey kamkpe.... Waiting

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by helinues: 8:41pm On Dec 07, 2020
Who asked you?

11 Likes

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by Scream(m): 8:47pm On Dec 07, 2020
Smithkafors:
And you are confident saying it.Continue,na turn by turn.

You are wise...

4 Likes

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by osarog: 10:23pm On Dec 07, 2020
Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by sapientia(m): 11:33pm On Dec 07, 2020
Lol.

At least, now APC knows you can betray them too.

43 Likes

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by AroleOduduwa2: 2:49am On Dec 08, 2020
They have betrayal in their blood, yet they call others betrayal. The only thing they are good at is playing the victim card, forgetting their greed brought us this mess via their famous 1966 coup.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by Sinachi100: 2:50am On Dec 08, 2020
Umahi

When someone else do d same, kindly don't feel bad undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by AgroSeeds: 2:51am On Dec 08, 2020
Oga just say you want to be president. Nobody will kill you. You did a very wonderful job in Ebonyi and am a living witness to that.

The Last time I was in Ebonyi for a huge farm project, I was amazed and wowed at the level of infrastructural development that came into existence under this man.

I pray that one day, you will lead this country and repeat what you did in Ebonyi at the Federal level.

If you are a Cucumber or Watermelon farmer, reach out to me for the best hybrid seeds. I have the best hybrid seeds that guarantees optimum germination and bumper harvest.

I do have the scarce Seminis Darina F1 hybrid cucumber in stock and I also have the Kareem F1 hybrid cucumber in stock.

If you need Sugar King or Sugar Baby Watermelon, do contact me too.

My Contact for calls and WhatsApp is 09090907136.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by TalkTalkTwins(m): 2:51am On Dec 08, 2020
ok
Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by funshyboi(m): 3:04am On Dec 08, 2020
He should ask Tinubu
Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by tartar9(m): 3:10am On Dec 08, 2020
"..supporting the President, Muhammadu Buhari ( retd.).."
Is Buhari a retired president sad

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by Coldie(m): 3:22am On Dec 08, 2020
Anybody who knows what's best for Nigeria with good conscience would know buhari is the best for the job.

Pdp is broke, do u know what they will do once they touch Nigerias Treasury again?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by JudasNaCarrot: 3:22am On Dec 08, 2020
My stupid friend, this is not how to sell yourself to the public to be popular because you want to contest and be president. You talk too much and you have too much wahala. People like you fizzle out easily.
Meanwhile who is even assuring you that they'll give you that position....eehn.

Chill out na....don't always be in the news. You are making more enemies than friends.

6 Likes

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by leisuretym: 3:23am On Dec 08, 2020
You will soon learn

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by efiembo: 3:31am On Dec 08, 2020
Officialhorlah:

https://punchng.com/why-i-campaigned-for-buhari-in-2019-umahi/
Best decision for his state.
Ride on sir, the east should for now learn to take advantage and join the supposed moving train.

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by Ahmed0336(m): 3:52am On Dec 08, 2020
TooMuchStuff:
Fat fool.
Premium Tears..... Loading on ya head soon!!

Ask Okorocha, Oyogun and Oshiomole who were dancing Azonto Upandan for Fulani politricks.....at the end they were disgraced and despatched to oblivion by the same Fulanis they sacrificed their own brother for.
Na hia we dey kamkpe.... Waiting

Fat fool is currently a sitting governor, please what are you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by Charlieluvboy(m): 3:53am On Dec 08, 2020
your premium tears dey 10% dey load, when e load fully dem no go tell you. Nah mumu people like you join hand put us for this nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by Kingspin(m): 3:57am On Dec 08, 2020
Nobody is saying you should not campaign for Buhari but don't force others to join you. Since you went alone.

Contrary to the wide-spreading fact that the East hates Buhari, No and No way.
The East doesn't hate Buhari the fact is they see Buhari as a man who will not deliver.

8 Likes

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by tegrianonigltd(m): 4:34am On Dec 08, 2020
Coldie:
Anybody who knows what's best for Nigeria with good conscience would know buhari is the best for the job.

Pdp is broke, do u know what they will do once they touch Nigerias Treasury again?

The one going On right now is what?

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by Coldie(m): 4:36am On Dec 08, 2020
tegrianonigltd:

The one going On right now is what?
Tell me

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by udemzyudex(m): 5:03am On Dec 08, 2020
I'm not surprise you joined APC, your mind has always been in APC.

1 Like

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by Villagemeat: 5:18am On Dec 08, 2020
Rubbish talk

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by opribo(m): 5:19am On Dec 08, 2020
Just imagine that nonsense, an educated engineer campaigning for bubu who is physically unfit to come and lead because of money. Shame.

7 Likes

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by Nobody: 5:33am On Dec 08, 2020
sapientia:
Lol.

At least, now APC knows you can betray them too.

He is decamping to apc with an anti party tag

He thinks he is smart

3 Likes

Re: Umahi: Why I Campaigned For Buhari In 2019 by jchioma: 5:42am On Dec 08, 2020

“ I joined the APC for the president’ s love for Ebonyi even if for no other reason.

Nah only Ebonyi waka come? If the "president" is sincere, he will tell you why he loves "Ebonyi" mumu. You better play your part in the agenda to turn your state into a rugarian territory.

When you feel the need to constantly and consistently explain yourself should have a name in English. Umahi should resist the urge to shalaye.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ikpeazu: Only One ABSU Student Is Still In Kidnappers Den / Soyinka - June 12 Is Democracy Day, May 29 Is Fake / 15 Farmers Killed In Fresh Fulani, Agatu Clash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.