Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,001 members, 7,835,380 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

SOUTH-EAST CRUCIAL TO NIGERIA’S GAS INDUSTRY REVOLUTION, SAYS FG - THIS DAY - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SOUTH-EAST CRUCIAL TO NIGERIA’S GAS INDUSTRY REVOLUTION, SAYS FG - THIS DAY (1781 Views)

Nigeria's Gas Reserve To Last For 94 Years, Komalafe / South-east Crucial To Nigeria’s Gas Industry Revolution, Says FG / I’ll Defeat Buhari, Atiku Through Ballot Revolution, Says Olawepo-hashim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SOUTH-EAST CRUCIAL TO NIGERIA’S GAS INDUSTRY REVOLUTION, SAYS FG - THIS DAY by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2020
Rugaria:
If you're from the south east and you are reading this, bros, get ready for the real battle! Everything must be done to stop the evil collaboration at the federal level that intends to ruin the south east! I won't try to sound politically correct here! I will be blunt; it will be a tragedy of unbelievable proportion if we allow those who looted the whole oil resources of our land and used that to biuld up their cities to once again steal our gas resources! The SE needs that gas to start off post Nigeria. At the moment, the federal government under one Buhari is biulding a gas pipeline to Niger republic while there are no federal government biult gas pipeline connecting the industrial clusters in the south east! Essentially, the federal government of nigeria is developing the gas capabilities of Niger republic with gas lifted from the heart of igboland! That won't fly..

The gas pipeline to Niger republic starts from the Assa gas fields in Imo and Abia states with the pipes running through kogi to Abuja then Kaduna and Kano before heading to Buharis maternal home, Niger republic! Along the line, there will be gas powered power stations at Abuja and Kaduna and Kano, all having the capacity to produce over 3000 mw of power at completion! None was built in the whole Southeast from where the gas will be lifted! No attempt was made to connect the industrial cities of the east like Aba, nnewi or Onitsha to gas lifted in their backyard! Apart from the mediocre shell gas projects at Aba, there has never been any federal government gas initiative on the scale of the type we see at Otta, ogun state or the one in progress in Kaduna. Allowing folks who work against the economic growth of the east with resources from the same east to do a second round of plundering should be unthinkable! This present generation of Igbos must do everything humanly possible to stop this taunts once and for all...
just two corrections ,
1) their is no Federal government gas pipeline in Aba.The gas pipeline in Aba (shell's) is among the first in the country and came about as a result of a partnership between shell and the Abia state government, in other to supply gas to the state owned International glass factory Aba (which was the biggest glass product factory then in Nigeria -either mbakwe or Michael okpara built it).

2) That facility is on the level with what you get in ogun and covers presently 4 lgas in the state (it's by no means mediocre).

Our leaders have to step up seriously. Wasnt it one of them ( Rochas ) that fought Gej till what would have been the second power plant in the East (egbema power plant) was abadoned ? Today he can hardly speak in public again.

The SE is the region which has the smallest number of power plants in the country (3 all in Abia state and one isn't even functional). Just like what happened with the coming of gas to Abia, nothing stops our present governors from doing such again.Its good that we are now building Airports ,flyovers and even Federal roads,but we have to do much in terms of power- after all,our elders would say that a man rejected by the public would not reject himself.

An Igbo man is building the gas pipelines to the north ,I hope he leverages on that to supply gas to his state Anambra.I also hope that uzodinma would put modalities in place to establish an industrial park around the gigantic gas project springing up in egbema

3 Likes

Re: SOUTH-EAST CRUCIAL TO NIGERIA’S GAS INDUSTRY REVOLUTION, SAYS FG - THIS DAY by Rugaria: 4:12pm On Dec 08, 2020
eduj:

just two corrections ,
1) their is no Federal government gas pipeline in Aba.The gas pipeline in Aba (shell's) is among the first in the country and came about as a result of a partnership between shell and the Abia state government, in other to supply gas to the state owned International glass factory Aba (which was the biggest glass product factory then in Nigeria -either mbakwe or Michael okpara built it).

2) That facility is on the level with what you get in ogun and covers presently 4 lgas in the state (it's by no means mediocre).

Our leaders have to step up seriously. Wasnt it one of them ( Rochas ) that fought Gej till what would have been the second power plant in the East (egbema power plant) was abadoned ? Today he can hardly speak in public again.

The SE is the region which has the smallest number of power plants in the country (3 all in Abia state and one isn't even functional). Just like what happened with the coming of gas to Abia, nothing stops our present governors from doing such again.Its good that we are now building Airports ,flyovers and even Federal roads,but we have to do much in terms of power- after all,our elders would say that a man rejected by the public would not reject himself.

An Igbo man is building the gas pipelines to the north ,I hope he leverages on that to supply gas to his state Anambra.I also hope that uzodinma would put modalities in place to establish an industrial park around the gigantic gas project springing up in egbema

Good points,
But the guy building the pipeline to Niger is just executing a contract. Just a contractor. The federal government awards and finances such contracts. So there's not much he can do. The fact that this administration is really determined to lift gas from the east to power stations in the north while the same east can not boast of any serious power plants tells you all you need to know about the mindset of the monsters in Aso rock..

Again, when we talk about eastern leaders, we need to put a caveat somewhere. Who are the so-called eastern leaders? Hope Uzodinmma? Rochas Okorocha? Ararume? Arthur Eze? Emeka Offor? Orji? Who really? Who are behind these characters? If we continue to underrate the devastating effects of fake leaders spuriously foisted on the south east by federal forces while demanding utmost productivity from the same clan of hired 'leaders', we are just putting the cart before the horse.. Personally, I don't think that it was a coincidence that the gas project to the North started after the supreme Court magic that brought Uzodinmma. But that's my personal opinion..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SOUTH-EAST CRUCIAL TO NIGERIA’S GAS INDUSTRY REVOLUTION, SAYS FG - THIS DAY by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 09, 2020
Rugaria:

Good points,
But the guy building the pipeline to Niger is just executing a contract. Just a contractor. The federal government awards and finances such contracts. So there's not much he can do. The fact that this administration is really determined to lift gas from the east to power stations in the north while the same east can not boast of any serious power plants tells you all you need to know about the mindset of the monsters in Aso rock..

Again, when we talk about eastern leaders, we need to put a caveat somewhere. Who are the so-called eastern leaders? Hope Uzodinmma? Rochas Okorocha? Ararume? Arthur Eze? Emeka Offor? Orji? Who really? Who are behind these characters? If we continue to underrate the devastating effects of fake leaders spuriously foisted on the south east by federal forces while demanding utmost productivity from the same clan of hired 'leaders', we are just putting the cart before the horse.. Personally, I don't think that it was a coincidence that the gas project to the North started after the supreme Court magic that brought Uzodinmma. But that's my personal opinion..

to your last paragraph, obviously it wasn't a coincidence. Neither is their warming up to the East recently. It's just unfortunate that are our governor's don't look to the bigger picture but just their selfish interest. Obj begun the industrial revolution in ogun today with a gas pipeline. Buhari is trying to do the same in the North( even though it won't give them the economic dominance they seek -for some other reasons I won't mention).

yes it's good they are all building Airports now, but I hope and pray they come alive to this robbery waiting to happen. Most of the East's productive oil wells is tied down in boundary disputes between Imo vs rivers on one side and Abia vs Rivers. This same thing is tying down oil exploration and exploitation in Anambra.

Why has the federal government who created the states failed to resolve the issue's ? I just don't know.
I mentioned the guy building the pipeline because he floated and got the license to build a power plant in Anambra (I hope that is still the plan). The Anoh gas project in Imo is private sector driven and has many Igbo men in pole position. It would take little cajoling to extend a gas pipeline to industries- but then again, no imo governor has made emphatic plans to industrialize the state .

1 Like

Re: SOUTH-EAST CRUCIAL TO NIGERIA’S GAS INDUSTRY REVOLUTION, SAYS FG - THIS DAY by Rugaria: 9:26am On Dec 09, 2020
eduj:

to your last paragraph, obviously it wasn't a coincidence. Neither is their warming up to the East recently. It's just unfortunate that are our governor's don't look to the bigger picture but just their selfish interest. Obj begun the industrial revolution in ogun today with a gas pipeline. Buhari is trying to do the same in the North( even though it won't give them the economic dominance they seek -for some other reasons I won't mention).

yes it's good they are all building Airports now, but I hope and pray they come alive to this robbery waiting to happen. Most of the East's productive oil wells is tied down in boundary disputes between Imo vs rivers on one side and Abia vs Rivers. This same thing is tying down oil exploration and exploitation in Anambra.

Why has the federal government who created the states failed to resolve the issue's ? I just don't know.
I mentioned the guy building the pipeline because he floated and got the license to build a power plant in Anambra (I hope that is still the plan). The Anoh gas project in Imo is private sector driven and has many Igbo men in pole position. It would take little cajoling to extend a gas pipeline to industries- but then again, no imo governor has made emphatic plans to industrialize the state .

I can't put it better.
The whole situation is beginning to irritate.
Re: SOUTH-EAST CRUCIAL TO NIGERIA’S GAS INDUSTRY REVOLUTION, SAYS FG - THIS DAY by Nwadiuto247: 10:38am On Dec 09, 2020
Rugaria:
If you're from the south east and you are reading this, bros, get ready for the real battle! Everything must be done to stop the evil collaboration at the federal level that intends to ruin the south east! I won't try to sound politically correct here! I will be blunt; it will be a tragedy of unbelievable proportion if we allow those who looted the whole oil resources of our land and used that to biuld up their cities to once again steal our gas resources! The SE needs that gas to start off post Nigeria. At the moment, the federal government under one Buhari is biulding a gas pipeline to Niger republic while there are no federal government biult gas pipeline connecting the industrial clusters in the south east! Essentially, the federal government of nigeria is developing the gas capabilities of Niger republic with gas lifted from the heart of igboland! That won't fly..

The gas pipeline to Niger republic starts from the Assa gas fields in Imo and Abia states with the pipes running through kogi to Abuja then Kaduna and Kano before heading to Buharis maternal home, Niger republic! Along the line, there will be gas powered power stations at Abuja and Kaduna and Kano, all having the capacity to produce over 3000 mw of power at completion! None was built in the whole Southeast from where the gas will be lifted! No attempt was made to connect the industrial cities of the east like Aba, nnewi or Onitsha to gas lifted in their backyard! Apart from the mediocre shell gas projects at Aba, there has never been any federal government gas initiative on the scale of the type we see at Otta, ogun state or the one in progress in Kaduna. Allowing folks who work against the economic growth of the east with resources from the same east to do a second round of plundering should be unthinkable! This present generation of Igbos must do everything humanly possible to stop this taunts once and for all...

This a good development.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Unwarranted Attack On Fulanis By Yorubas. / Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, Chief Bisi Akande And Others Visit Buhari (photos) / Reno Omokri Responds To Lai Mohammed’s Remark On Lagos Endsars Panel Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.