Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,731 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? (27672 Views)

I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. / How Much Do You Spend Monthly Overseas? / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by sweetilicious(f): 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2020
You and I know that you will marry a white woman for you to be able to survive once you travel.Leave and don't marry abeg.Its selfishness.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by We4all: 4:02pm On Dec 09, 2020
Kekereekun123:
you have not gotten visa nor do you have a girlfriend you want to marry yet. We know ya type.

Why do you feel pained whenever you hear someone is planning to migrate from Nigeria? You better change your mentality cos people like you can develop high blood pressure overnight.

And to think you're supposed to be based outside the shores of Nigeria. Some countries needs to start deporting some people with shallow minds as you so they don't end up polluting her citizens.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Blackdisciple(m): 4:03pm On Dec 09, 2020
IamD18:
Travel out and marry, else you'll end up sending your hard earned money from abroad to Nigeria for a supposed wife who'll be cheating around.

Travel out first bruv.

You'll see classy women that you'll marry there.

Yeah ah like this one

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 09, 2020
It depends, since you are single just travel however when you are settling down you have to be smart about it, if you marry a foreigner , you might want to look into their marriage laws, and family court because if it goes south, you can end up marginalized by the court. if you intend to marry a Nigeria, you might need to join a community, there will always be Nigerian community somewhere and you can meet matured people. Regardless read up their laws in relation to Marriage foreigner or not. because it is a different ball game there. left to me I think you should be single, it's cheaper and less hassle to travel alone than trying to go with a partner.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Gwan2(m): 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2020
I have come to the realisation that when it comes to this sort of critical decision in ones life,,whether you are religious or not you have to humble yourself and seek divine providence for grace and direction or else, if you think you will walk by your discretion, it might be the beginning of the end.

I am seeking God's grace for a wife as well, I am not so religious but at this junction man...I can't afford to make blunder with one of the biggest decision that can either make or mar me.

I was working in Germany when I met a Zimbabwen man in his 50s whose father came to Germany as a missionary and got his citizenship. The man married a white German woman and have kids with her. He told me how he is sending money back home to build schools and other investments without the woman knowing..he intend leaving her and go back home to start afresh if he finish his investments,,,Is that the life I want to live at that age

I met another Nigerian man while schooling in England, he was looking dejected and lack any form of enthusiasm, after initiating a chat with him, he told me how he was divorced to his wife and she is in custody of the children in London...so he had to book a meeting within some certain period and time before getting access to the kids. I think that situation made him more spiritual because I met him in a church program my friend invited me. There are good examples as well, but you've got to juxtapose and make an informed decision

6 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 09, 2020
We4all:

Why do you feel pained whenever you hear someone is planning to migrate from Nigeria? You better change your mentality cos people like you can develop high blood pressure overnight.

And to think you're supposed to be based outside the shores of Nigeria. Some countries needs to start deporting some people with shallow minds as you so they don't end up polluting her citizens.
feel pained how The guy should concentrate on how to get visa not wife when he doesn’t even have a GF yet lol. Get off my mention kid. Oh na u Dey ask for 3 months vacation. Dey go na. Novice
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Tonymario58: 4:27pm On Dec 09, 2020
gaius01:
Arrrrrrrh

I will advise you marry first. Make sure you trust her and make sure you both would be sincere to each other before traveling, after sometimes you can proceed her visa.

If am were you!!
Why
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Raalsalghul: 4:28pm On Dec 09, 2020
Gerrard59:

He's a man, a man can marry anytime provided he has improved his market value whose chances improves as he ages. I don't get this fascination with men esp Nigerian men marrying early when you can spend the greater part of your youthful life preparing for your children's future and retirement. For goodness sake, you're a man. You can marry at any time you desire.

Aptly said, Oga Gerrard59.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Raalsalghul: 4:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
Most of the comments have echoed my thoughts already.

Op, wipe every thought of marriage from your mind and travel alone.

It's much better that way.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Tonymario58: 4:33pm On Dec 09, 2020
My brother we're in the same shoe.
I'm very close to 35, professional in my career but I've weighed my options and decided to settle down marital wise once I settle down professionally in US. I can't risk it, endangering my future for whacked African mentality of marriage. Abroad at our age, we'll have options of women.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Tatashi: 4:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dont marry here. Wait till u get abroad. Once u move your wife eyes go scatter and they tend to go overboard with their scattered eyes. If u see babes overseas ehn, you will regret marrying in naija (dem too set and dey holit) but....refurbish urself and drop any 'african husband mentality' because abroad women WILL HUMBLE UR BLACK ASS.in all,choose well

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Odion2016(m): 4:43pm On Dec 09, 2020
IamD18:
Travel out and marry, else you'll end up sending your hard earned money from abroad to Nigeria for a supposed wife who'll be cheating around.

Travel out first bruv.

Like u r already waiting for him....lol

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Odion2016(m): 4:44pm On Dec 09, 2020
incogni2o:

Story

Thank you..women are just women..Nothing classy...Even American ladies na so so online sugardaddies dem dey find upandown...

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Bellings: 4:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
parkervero:

Meaning this is what you will do or that you are doing (i.e cheating on your man) that traveled?
You must really be ignorant she spoke out the truth you criticising her by saying that is what she does, is it not here we read different stories of people telling how their husbands are abroad or wife abroad and the other partner is back home cheating. You are not meant to be referred to as a man but an Animal .
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by tit(f): 4:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
You are 32 and you never marry.?
Papa!
Allah help you.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Bellings: 4:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
IamD18:

Travel out first bruv.

Forever I will respect you becus you spoke out the truth
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2020
hector:

I am 32. I am planning to move overseas- America, Canada, Europe or Australia in that order. But I'm seriously considering settling down before I turn 35 or at most 35. My problem right now is having to decide if getting married before i travel will be a better idea considering how uncertain things might be for a new immigrant.

I can be skeptical towards ladies, very selective and reserved. So I want to hear your suggestions please..
Marry here before you leave and take her with you, in turn you are helping someone's future and doing a humanitarian work, God could use you to change the life of a lady.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Molahnelson(m): 5:04pm On Dec 09, 2020
DEMZEE:
If u want to marry in a western society then u will need redpill and a bit MGTOW to navigate relationships with the female gender there if not u go divorce like mumu and end up broke

The best thing is to marry here, travel abroad for business and not base abroad.

No place like naija

Bro's i like your comments, travel abroad for business not based

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by KLand(m): 5:10pm On Dec 09, 2020
Pray to God to give you a good lady to marry. Marry her here and then both of you should relocate together.

But if you have plans to travel alone, don't marry here. Wait till you get there to marry.

1 Like

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by enemyofprogress: 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
You better marry from here. Marriage is something else outside the country
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by larryking540: 5:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
demoBaba:
With my observation woman have been sitting man backward since 1800

I made that mistake years back.

Please n please japa first, don't reason any bitch in Nigeria.

what's your story bro ,make I learn ,I aren't base in 9ja but I can learn from your mistakes bro
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by mattfeuter(m): 5:25pm On Dec 09, 2020
AirBay:
Bro abroad first

You will meet a lot of Nigeria students as well.

Also if you really need a good wife, target girls that came in with scholarships (ptdf, nddc, commonwealth, women in engineering e.t.c.). There are many to choose from.

Most of them are grade A/B wife materials.

No follow "bone straight" gals else you are doomed for life, always remember na woman get power for abroad o. Choose wisely.

Ahahahaha

Made my day! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by harmony75: 5:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
travel first and you will find your wife anywhere
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Collinsemegreat(m): 5:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
sweetmelanin:
You are a single guy, this is one of the best positions one can be in when planning to migrate ... why would it even cross your mind to tie yourself down at this point?

Marry now and you will have to hustle twice as hard to take care of yourself, whilst also maintaining a woman back home and struggling to bring her over to where you are - of which ..if your plans fail or you're not able to secure your stay on time, she might get antsy and move on without you.

This is an unnecessary burden when you can easily find someone to settle down with abroad... there are lots of decent black British, black American, black Canadian girls of Nigerian heritage you can fall in love and build a future with - who will also be happy to help you secure your stay through marriage.

Awesome �

but you sounded racist to me! Why not possibility of Caucasian?
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 09, 2020
Molahnelson:

Bro's i like your comments, travel abroad for business not based
Do you think it is like Nigeria where you can set up your shop anyhow?
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Coquinoqui: 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2020
Oga travel first. then marriage. In that order
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by chaloskyx: 5:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
YOU THINK ITS EASY TO SURVIVE OVER THERE THE RENT ALONE KILLS YOU NOW WANT TO ADD ADDITIONAL FAMILY COSTS ON YOUR HEAD YOU BETTER RELOCATE AND HUSTLE AS A SINGLE GUY SAVE UP THEN YOU CAN THINK OF GETTING MARRIED
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by ComeAndobo: 5:46pm On Dec 09, 2020
hector:

I am 32. I am planning to move overseas- America, Canada, Europe or Australia in that order. But I'm seriously considering settling down before I turn 35 or at most 35. My problem right now is having to decide if getting married before i travel will be a better idea considering how uncertain things might be for a new immigrant.

I can be skeptical towards ladies, very selective and reserved. So I want to hear your suggestions please..

Get your Visa first before asking questions
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by tweakdude1: 5:51pm On Dec 09, 2020
hector:

Dude please travel out oh.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by larryking540: 5:57pm On Dec 09, 2020
tit:
You are 32 and you never marry.?
Papa!
Allah help you.
no be who get money day marry ?
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by We4all: 6:02pm On Dec 09, 2020
Kekereekun123:
feel pained how The guy should concentrate on how to get visa not wife when he doesn’t even have a GF yet lol. Get off my mention kid. Oh na u Dey ask for 3 months vacation. Dey go na. Novice

I told you, it's high blood pressure that will bring you down. I am here cruising in my Condo; while vacationing, and you're over there about to freeze your brains from extreme cold.

You're just too unrefined to be in the West. I wonder how you got your Visa if truly you're where they say you're.
Re: Should I Marry Here Or When I Travel Overseas? by Bamz(m): 6:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
hector:

Um, I can relate to what you're saying but life is not a straight line graph and I was thinking like you too but I think you should not force things.

“Putting things off is the biggest waste of life: it snatches away each day as it comes, and denies us the present by promising the future. The greatest obstacle to living is expectancy, which hangs upon tomorrow and loses today. You are arranging what lies in Fortune’s control, and abandoning what lies in yours. What are you looking at? To what goal are you straining? The whole future lies in uncertainty: live immediately.”
Seneca

Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Its good to make plans, and while you're at that, know that there WILL be things beyond your control. It's good to seize the day.

Marriage and traveling are not mutually exclusive events. People have had bad experiences marrying abroad, and likewise marrying here so that's out of the way.

So how's this exactly going to work out, you see a girl you like and you don't fall in love or you avoid girls completely? Are all Nigerian girls completely disloyal and uncouth? Are all foreign ladies devoid of misdemeanours?

I think in the end, you'll do what's most comfortable for you.

PS. If spending for marriage is a concern, it's not even a thing, lol, a court wedding settles this.

PPS. A wife meant for you will drive you in the direction of your dreams in the end

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Abuja Rail Line Experience: Don’t Applaud Yet By Cynthia Ferdinand / Horror Motor Accident Along Kaduna-abuja Expressway (photos) / SUV Driver Rams Into Another Car In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.