Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,138 members, 7,811,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. (98002 Views)

Accident At Ogudu GRA, Lagos This Morning / When Last Did You Travel To The Village? / Truck Falls On Carter Bridge, Iponri, Lagos, This Morning (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Workch: 10:01am On Jul 31, 2023
The picture below is a drone picture of where my family house is located in Ibeku, Umuahia.
We came to Lagos to do business, it does not mean that we go back to trees when we say we are going to the village.

610 Likes 59 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by helinues: 10:03am On Jul 31, 2023
Imagine, leaving this Eldorado and be living in a slum in Obodo Lagos

Chai

577 Likes 48 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Nice2023(m): 10:03am On Jul 31, 2023
Workch:
The picture below is a drone picture of where my family house is located in Ibeku, Umuahia.
We came to Lagos to do business, it does not mean that we go back to trees when we say we are going to the village.

Tell them straight ahead.

At least,u are even my brother.

340 Likes 31 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Workch: 10:04am On Jul 31, 2023
helinues:
Imagine, leaving this Eldorado and be living in a slum in Ibodo Lagos

Chai
Give us a functioning port close to us, then watch what happens. Leave all these politics or monopolizing ports

514 Likes 50 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by helinues: 10:05am On Jul 31, 2023
Workch:
Give us a functioning port close to us, then watch what happens. Leave all these politics or monopolizing ports

Give you port? Who gave Lagos the new Lekki deep port?

Only a failure blamed others for his woes

767 Likes 76 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Workch: 10:06am On Jul 31, 2023
helinues:

they generated the revenue because federal government gave the apapa and tincam monopoly for years. Which brought businesses hence revenue.

It's simple

563 Likes 39 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Nice2023(m): 10:07am On Jul 31, 2023
helinues:
Imagine, leaving this Eldorado and be living in a slum in Ibodo Lagos

Chai

There is a local govt in Ogun state whose communities have never seen electricity for the past 100years. It is called Yewa North local govt.

The community is about 50 in numbers and that should concern u more than anything else.

I show u evidence and u can fact check if in doubt.

293 Likes 38 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by helinues: 10:09am On Jul 31, 2023
Nice2023:

There is a local govt in Ogun state whose communities have never seen electricity for the past 100years. It is called Yewa local govt.

The community is about 50 in numbers and that should concern u more than anything else.

Wow , this is a first hand experience as a resident of Yewa local government..

Some of you even Sabi all the nooks and crannies in SW than your home region.

No place like home is finally lost

326 Likes 43 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by helinues: 10:10am On Jul 31, 2023
Workch:
they generated the revenue because federal government gave the apapa and tincam monopoly for years. Which brought businesses hence revenue.

It's simple

But GEJ was president for 5 years, why didn't you people ask him to give you a port?

266 Likes 35 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Jogs1900: 10:11am On Jul 31, 2023
Workch:

It's simple
Who gave Edo state Gelegele port?Tell your governors not to be relying on handout.

241 Likes 23 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by ganisucks(f): 10:11am On Jul 31, 2023
helinues:

Chai
The thread is a ridiculous one. You don't have to put more wood in it to raise the fire.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Workch: 10:12am On Jul 31, 2023
helinues:

But GEJ was president for 5 years, why didn't you people ask him to give you a port?
Really, GEJ? That one na person?

So why hasn't other ports been functioning optimally if it's a deliberate?

Can Lagos generate revenue if business don't move to lagos because of the ports?

43 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Workch: 10:13am On Jul 31, 2023
Jogs1900:

Who gave Edo state Gelegele port?Tell your governors not to be relying on handout.
Is gelegele port working?
Who gave Lagos port before this year? Federal government.

Does Ogun state where you coem from have a port? No

64 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Nice2023(m): 10:13am On Jul 31, 2023
helinues:

Wow , this is a first hand experience as a resident of Yewa local government..

Some of you even Sabi all the nooks and crannies in SW than your home region.

No place like home is finally lost

We are travellers and we shall keep digging out places for adventure and for the good of humanity.

I schooled in Lagos primary and secondary,graduated in the east and currently in the north and I am still on the move.

That is our nature.

197 Likes 27 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by helinues: 10:14am On Jul 31, 2023
Workch:

Can Lagos generate revenue if business don't move to lagos because of the ports?

Water don dey boil fish it don tey, so na GEJ you dey ask seh na person.

Na where una learn una type of politics from gan na?

147 Likes 23 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Wainey: 10:14am On Jul 31, 2023
Workch:

It's simple
no be talk be this.
The only good road in the whole of Abia is the road along Osisioma.
First work on your road.

100 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Workch: 10:15am On Jul 31, 2023
helinues:

Water don dey boil fish it don tey, so na GEJ you dey ask seh na person.

Na where una learn una type of politics from gan na?

whether gej or not, why won't other ports work?

Lagos cannot be Lagos without this ports

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by helinues: 10:15am On Jul 31, 2023
Nice2023:

We are travellers and we shall keep digging out places for adventure and for the good of humanity.

I schooled in Lagos primary and secondary,graduated in the east and currently in the north and I am still on the move.

That is our nature.

So you were born in Lagos, grew up in that Lagos, probably get married in that same Lagos and the generational home abandonment continues

140 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Workch: 10:15am On Jul 31, 2023
Wainey:
no be talk be this.
The only good road in the whole of Abia is the road along Osisioma.
First work on your road.
Yes, because Abia is only Aba. Ode πŸ˜‚

44 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by helinues: 10:17am On Jul 31, 2023
Workch:
whether gej or not, why won't other ports work?

Lagos cannot be Lagos without this ports

What exactly is stopping others from having a port?

Even Ogun state already working or already have dry port yet una dey give unnecessary excuse why you can't get yourself one

97 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Wainey: 10:20am On Jul 31, 2023
Workch:
Yes, because Abia is only Aba. Ode πŸ˜‚

did I call Aba here, let's forget Aba.
Go to places like Ukwa east and west and see vehicles moving in gutter, pot holes that could fall tankers.

I will say it again, the only place with good road is Osisioma.
Then Ummuna bende has few roads that is not too bad but still can't be considered good

67 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Jogs1900: 10:21am On Jul 31, 2023
Workch:
Is gelegele port working?
Who gave Lagos port before this year? Federal government.

Does Ogun state where you coem from have a port? No
Ogun state indigenous are not crying for port..If truly you need a port, hold your governors accountable.At least, Edo state government is working towards making it's port functioning and they are serious about it.If your 5 states governors can't give you a functioning port, it means you don't need it.

118 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Nice2023(m): 10:22am On Jul 31, 2023
helinues:

So you were born in Lagos, grew up in that Lagos, probably get married in that same Lagos and the generational home abandonment continues

Despites the fact that I have lived in Lagos,with all due respect,if u list out states i would like to live in now that I have grown,Lagos would be the last I will choose.

If u are well travelled, u will understand me better.
Abuja
Enugu
Akwaibom
Calabar
Oshogbo
OWERRI
UMUAHIA for it serenity.
Gombe
Birnin Kebbi
Jos.

34 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by mrvitalis(m): 10:25am On Jul 31, 2023
helinues:

Chai
When u have large population of lazy and ignorant people in Lagos willing to pay good for your skills, goods and services....then the sacrifice is worth it... But would always come home when it's time to holiday

29 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Majesty7: 10:26am On Jul 31, 2023
Workch:

There is a functioning port in Onne. Stop complaining and move your cargo there. If you are tired of Lagos, leave!

118 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by nabiz(m): 10:29am On Jul 31, 2023
Workch:
i always advocate that we should stop calling our place a village. It is better we use the word HOME TOWN this is because most of our village is better that our place of residence

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Obaaderemi2: 10:31am On Jul 31, 2023
Nice2023:

There is a local govt in Ogun state whose communities have never seen electricity for the past 100years. It is called Yewa local govt.

There are many communities in Anambra that have never seen electricity in over 100 years. Ogun has better electricity access than Anambra. Do you want evidence? wink

102 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by SOSinNigeria: 10:31am On Jul 31, 2023
Workch:

The funny thing is that those that often have that mentality in Lagos, actually came from terrible sh1tholes and dungeons like the pictureπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚.

Sadwasted idiots are ridiculous 🀑🀑

50 Likes 10 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Ttalk: 10:32am On Jul 31, 2023
Workch:

It's not about port, it's about the people, the culture and the character of the people.

You are hostile, dubious and very aggressive and want people to bring their investment to your region.

How can you be destroying Dangote tankers and except others to come there?

Improve your relationship with other Nigerians and see your region experience massive investment.

Oh I forgot you have no market, not your physical market but the people that could buy your products because of your massive emigration away from home

115 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by Obaaderemi2: 10:32am On Jul 31, 2023
mrvitalis:

When u have large population of lazy and ignorant people in Lagos willing to pay good for your skills, goods and services....then the sacrifice is worth it... But would always come home when it's time to holiday
Lazy people that can pay for your services? grin

88 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by mrvitalis(m): 10:33am On Jul 31, 2023
Obaaderemi2:
Lazy people that can pay for your services? grin
Never heard of money miss road?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Based In Lagos, This Is Where I Go When I Say I'm Going To The Village. by MadamExcellency: 10:33am On Jul 31, 2023
helinues:

The end of Civil War politics is beyond your comprehension. Summary, Power - North; Economy - Southwest.

FG will approve and gazette development in the Eastern region on media but you will not see the papers which is a major requirement of a foreign partnership

Listen to former governor Udom's last-minute speech in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRYi_VCR-Wk&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Trailer Transporting Airplane Causes Gridlock In Edo / Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) / My Experience Living In China For 4 Months - A Nairalander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.