Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,644 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning (32313 Views)

Justice Anthony Okoro: DNA Confirms My 3 Kids Are Not My Biological Chidren / Man Finds Out His 3-Year-Old Daughter Is Not His After A Secret DNA Test / I Am Not The Father Of My 3-Year-Old 'Son' - Nigerian Man Cries Out (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by naijadrivablog: 3:08pm On Jan 13, 2021
Flogging will do the job.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Chisaedhor: 3:09pm On Jan 13, 2021
lefulefu:
How possible is it for a 3 yr old child be able to keep awake at 3 am?

Hmmmm its true as long as the light and cartoon is on.

For two months now, I stopped subscription

Only boring NTA grin

So he is back to his senses.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by deltateam: 3:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
justosee:
everyone have their size of cane

It's too early joor.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by typicalgamer(m): 3:10pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:
Really don't know the section to post this.

My 3 year old son loves cartoon especially PJ Mask so much to the extend he could watch it from 7pm to 3a.m in the morning shocked

If you take him to the bed room he won't sleep, he cries and if not this cartoon no body watches any other program anymore.

He use to be very very intelligent before now, its seem this PJ Mask has entered his head.

Please help me, how can I stop him or distract him from this??

As long as

character Wise he's ok

Academic Wise he's outstanding I see no reason to stop him from watching TV.

Same me that watched 90s cartoons that's what helped me alot in speaking English
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by ThierryJay: 3:13pm On Jan 13, 2021
Almost all kids are like that if you allow them.

But me I noticed that watching cartoons really helped to build the English vocabulary of my 5 yr old boy far quicker than only school efforts would have done. Its because of that I still allow him to watch it well as long as his grades are not dropping.

1 Like

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by 99thEnemy(m): 3:15pm On Jan 13, 2021
baconline:
Let him watch Scarry cartoon, he will run from cartoon
In my days as a kid willi willi could solve everything grin
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by solaademolu: 3:15pm On Jan 13, 2021
Pls don't load the pay TV again to have help your child, always allow him to go to bed by 9pm. Plshe might cry for that but it will only take two to three days. Pls save the boy
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Judolisco(m): 3:16pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

My 3 year old son loves cartoon especially PJ Mask so much to the extend he could watch it from 7pm to 3a.m in the morning shocked

If you take him to the bed room he won't sleep, he cries and if not this cartoon no body watches any other program anymore.

He use to be very very intelligent before now, its seem this PJ Mask has entered his head.

na 3 Yrs old he needs cain.... U can also try introducing him to other channels
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Bosch10(m): 3:17pm On Jan 13, 2021
CalliDora1:
And You're here saying it as in a 3 year old is stronger than you or too big you can't control or make him take instructions from you any longer?

Who allowed it in the first place?

Somebody you should give his size and ground him from watching TV for weeks, you're here sounding defeated. If you cant control him now, I wonder when hes now a teenager what you'll do.

Turn on the tv station you want to watch. If he starts to react, give him a Stern look and if he doesn't behave, get the cane and whip his ass real hard. Yes hard because he seems to have grown tougher than you. So you need to break him down. I know you'll think I want you to kill your child. No! Just a strict dicipline to reset his brain otherwise, like you said, it will affect his academic performance and once that happens at the foundational stage, you might never get it right again.

In my years of experience as a teacher, I've observed that the slow leaners are the ones who are always glued to the TV. During class sessions, they won't respond but during break period you need to see them downloading all they saw in the cartoon movie with demonstrations too and you'll be like so this child can be this active and expressive... Only in the wrong things and not in their studies. Im talking about up to basic 5 level.

Yesterday, some of my basic 5 students were like, "miss J, this question is too difficult" during exams. And I was like, move to the next question then. And these are very cheap questions I set out of pity. If they studied instead of watching cartoons, they probably will not have difficulty answering those questions.

What I'm trying to bring out here is.. children naturally dont want to do the right thing any longer and if you allow them, you'll be the one to bear the brunt in the end.
God bless you ma'am,we need more of you in our schools

1 Like

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by money121(m): 3:17pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

His still intelligent leave that man alone
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by SunTzu123(m): 3:18pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

Buy a robotics kit for him. He is a visual (learning and communication). If you can't afford a robotics kit, buy him any toys that comes in kits that he needs to assemble himself. Better still get him a sketch pad and ask to draw the cartoon characters he just watched. Don't force him to stop. Divert attention with serious engagement.

1 Like

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

Hmmmm its true as long as the light and cartoon is on.

For two months now, I stopped subscription

Only boring NTA grin

So he is back to his senses.

as a child we also had our fun cartoons dat we loved.i still remember uncle bringing me and brother home back then in kindergarten after school hours and we would sit down after lunch to watch cartoons like voltron,mickey mouse and co then kiddies tv show like sesame street. But that time no DStv so all our entertainment was from NTA.but I don't recall as a kid having that strength to be able to be awake even at 10 pm not to mention 3am shocked.Sometimes wen I crash into sleep in the sitting room either my dad or my uncle would lift me up to bed.i guess today's kids are now different cos they have the luxury of 24/7 entertainment channels hence the motivation to stay awake all night unlike during our time wen tv stations shut down at 10pm or by 10:30 pm cheesy
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by quickly: 3:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

its normal abeg, after a while they will switch to another thing.

He is 3yrs when did he use to be intelligent
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by PHN002(f): 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
FarahAideed:
So you are saying you can't instil discipline in a 3 year old ?

It’s not that easy.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Commanderinpips: 3:20pm On Jan 13, 2021
You will have to enforce your authority madam. In my house my children don't watch anything from Sunday to Friday, I only allow them to watch their stuff on weekends and holidays. If your son did not cry at birth nobody will congratulate you that you have given birth so let him cry he surely stop and get used to your rules.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 13, 2021
SunTzu123:

Buy a robotics kit for him. He is a visual (learning and communication). If you can't afford a robotics kit, buy him any toys that comes in kits that he needs to assemble himself. Better still get him a sketch pad and ask to draw the cartoon characters he just watched. Don't force him to stop. Divert attention with serious engagement.
or even snake and ladder or those toy houses u build with plastic bricks.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by 400billionman: 3:21pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

Thanks

Buy him motor toys from ShopRite.

Kiddies puzzle also.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by dbestuncle: 3:23pm On Jan 13, 2021
Thanks my 2 year old have been trying to form Gecko too. Gecko Super whatever.
hakeemhakeem:
Same thing with my 4 years old son to the point that he gave himself the *gecko,I the catboy and his mum owlet .we chop fist with their slogan (PJ marks on the way into the night and safe the day*)but i need to stand with authority he had cried to bed several time and funny part we schedule channels
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by dalass(f): 3:25pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

Oga no be like that poo

I do flog him most times but yet he does the same thing.

There is a month I refused to make subscription

He senses came back

Exactly what I'll advise you to do....

Don't subscribe again for many months consecutively... You can browse news and other things on your phone... He will get used to not watching it...

Don't flog a 3 year old please
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by adewumiopeyemi(m): 3:25pm On Jan 13, 2021
please leave him just have to monitor him on how to watch it it must not more than 9 hours .. there is relevant in it it make there brain to be sharp and they will also be able to ready and speak GOOD ENGLISH
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Jokkarm2: 3:27pm On Jan 13, 2021
is very easy naa, disconnect something from Tv, let everybody be watching Tv that is not functioning. if oga think you guys are not doing well, he can go and look for technician to fix it. simple.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by hush15: 3:27pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

Hi, if you don't mind frank talks, I really going to be damn frank with you. Its as a result of poor parenting. First the solution before the bashing, take that TV off your wall where he watches it and put it in you room or better still, don't even switch it on again. Then begin to engage the child in other activities. Give positive reinforcements for activities that brings out the best of him or her and also negative reinforcements for naughty ones. You have to have time for you child to direct the child. Do that for like 3 to 6months. Don't let him in dominate you whatever the tantrums.

Now at this point, this is where parent get it wrong. They indulge children cos they don't want to be stressed or disturbed. They don't have time for the children. Giving them whatever they want just to have their getaways. Its wrong and that's what you did. You indulge your child in this cartoon thing and you didn't have time to moderate it. Now you crying for help. Parents should stop that. There is no effective parenting method as mentoring and mentoring requires spending good time with your mentor.

Please, if you love that child, spend time mentoring your child with the right values. The moderate some of your indulgence with the child.

My 2cents
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by descarado: 3:27pm On Jan 13, 2021
Discipline and timing.
It's not too late yet.

Instill discipline and timing in everything your kid do.
E.g, feeding time, poo time, shower time, play time, tv time and school work time. He will grow with it.

This has saved lots of families.

As that child grow older, he will be the one reminding you its time for this or that.

Training starts the day u gave birth.

1 Like

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by AVISENNA: 3:29pm On Jan 13, 2021
Welcome to my world ,have exactly the same problems with my son, plus they are of the same age,take him off ceebees ,he will cry the whole house down but non the less I persuade him to go to sleep ,plus you have to be warmly firm , let him understand that there are limits ,it will help,so to wean him of this frenzy , I will get him a learning tablet at least he can watch and also learn , most importantly they grow out of it.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by GenerationNext: 3:30pm On Jan 13, 2021
You better activate parental guidance and block the the channel "Disney Junior". That's how rebellion starts before you know it he will start fighting you. Most of these cartoons are demonic with the intention of luring children into rebellious life style.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Ezebinaugwu(m): 3:30pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

Use your remote and block the cartoon channels for sometime so his mind will be off it a bit

1 Like

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Charmingrascal(m): 3:30pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

Oga no be like that poo

He senses came back

Since you know this, this thread is unnecessary.

You know what to do.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by scholes23(m): 3:31pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

Oga no be like that poo

He senses came back

Lock the cartoon channel and unlock it when u want him to eatch
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by sainty2k3(m): 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2021
Asking advice on how to raise your child from Nairaland with majority of people who respond or type here are still learning ABC.. smiley
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by samwash(m): 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2021
If has a parent you can't control a 3 yr old child, how are you going to take charge of a teenager,which is the most different part of parenting.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Flier: 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2021
Lot of failed parents posting on here.You are not pampering your children you are destroying their future.
They can’t even control a 3 years old child
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Originalsly: 3:39pm On Jan 13, 2021
You must be a 15 year old mother. Even so... can't common sense tell you who caused this problem?.... and what is the solution? Even kids here on NL... as dumb as some of them be .... they will know what to do. My advice to you is to keep your legs closed .... we have more than enough miscreants.
Hmmmm..... and we wonder how one country can have soooo many touts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Almost Had A Fight With My Mom / Should A Wife Ever Confront Her Hubby’s Side Chick? / Jilted Pregnant Lady Storms Church With Schnapps, Curses Would-be Couple, Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.