Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning (32339 Views)

Justice Anthony Okoro: DNA Confirms My 3 Kids Are Not My Biological Chidren / Man Finds Out His 3-Year-Old Daughter Is Not His After A Secret DNA Test / I Am Not The Father Of My 3-Year-Old 'Son' - Nigerian Man Cries Out (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by endsarrrs(f): 2:50pm On Jan 13, 2021
Sandra EZEKWESILI come and see o grin
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by staga: 2:51pm On Jan 13, 2021
Imagine this OP.

If you cannot set the rules for your son at 3 years, is it when he is at the rebellious adolescent years of his life that you will set the rules?

2 Likes

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by kambili999(f): 2:52pm On Jan 13, 2021
Whoube99:

That is the dividend of poor parenting.
You most be one of those loose & useless parent
Being a parents does not end in paying of fees, buying clothes and food. You most go the extra mile to bringing discipline to bear in your home.
Allowing a kid to do whatever he or she likes is a mark of irresponsibility on the parts of the parents.
haba. You don't have to drive your point by being insultive. What happens to correcting someone with love? No one knows it all. You are also weak in some things, that doesn't make u useless.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by deltateam: 2:52pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:
Really don't know the section to post this.

My 3 year old son loves cartoon especially PJ Mask so much to the extend he could watch it from 7pm to 3a.m in the morning shocked

If you take him to the bed room he won't sleep, he cries and if not this cartoon no body watches any other program anymore.

He use to be very very intelligent before now, its seem this PJ Mask has entered his head.

Please help me, how can I stop him or distract him from this??

Buy him a PJ masks and let him know he's now the actor.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by deltateam: 2:53pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

Oga no be like that poo

I do flog him most times but yet he does the same thing.

There is a month I refused to make subscription

He senses came back

Flogging 3 years old? Did I read well?
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by endyosas: 2:54pm On Jan 13, 2021
SO DONT SUBSCRIBE AGAIN
Chisaedhor:

Oga no be like that poo

He senses came back
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by int0x80(m): 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2021
Get him a tablet, either an iPad or Amazon Kindle fire. Install ABC mouse on it and thank me later! I prefer Amazon Kindle fire cos it has good parental controls.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by staga: 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

Oga no be like that poo

He senses came back

You have seen a way out that is tested and worked, and yet you still ask us? Can't you block the channel with parental control?
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by deltateam: 2:55pm On Jan 13, 2021
Whoube99:

Being a parents does not end in paying of fees, buying clothes and food. You most go the extra mile to bringing discipline to bear in your home.
Allowing a kid to do whatever he or she likes is a mark of irresponsibility on the parts of the parents.

Loose and useless? shocked

Oga that's not cool to say.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by mitchyy(f): 2:56pm On Jan 13, 2021
At age 3, my child doesn’t watch any channel besides Cbeebies. Its more educative and has taught him a lot. Turn off the TV, turn off the light and leave him to cry to bed. By the time he has cried for 1 week, he go know say khaki nor be leather. He is taking advantage of the fact that you guys will pity him. Kids are smart

7 Likes

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by staga: 2:57pm On Jan 13, 2021
kambili999:
haba. You don't have to drive your point by being insultive. What happens to correcting someone with love? No one knows it all. You are also weak in some things, that doesn't make u useless.

yes I agree with the part of not being insulting to drive home a point, but please...ALL forms of correction are done in love to prevent the child from becoming a trash on the street and a menace to society!

1 Like

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 13, 2021
He is just 3 years and you are already seeking for advice on how to control him? wait until he ban you from watching TV in your on house when he is 10.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by hatakekakashi: 2:58pm On Jan 13, 2021
PericomaNwankwo:
Buy him a laptop and let him learn how to code cartoons, better , if he could stay awake for it then that's done determination that should be channeled to something useful
You mean the way you started coding cartoons at three abi grin
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Codes151(m): 2:58pm On Jan 13, 2021
You not making any sense.

Train up a child in a way he should grow.

Spare not the rod and spoil a child.

You hv failed in all

1 Like

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Auxtin85(m): 2:58pm On Jan 13, 2021
My 5yrs old son is like that, whenever he is watching his cartoons and I call he says daddy I’m busy talk to you later and the call is cut off

1 Like

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by fujirice: 2:58pm On Jan 13, 2021
Whoube99:

You must be a very toxic person. Why refer to others as loose and useless because they are not very versed in doing certain things as if you yourself know everything?
This is my issue with people of this part of the world. Someone came online to ask for help for a genuine issue and all we can do is to insult her and label her with unprintable names.
There’s no school out there that teaches about parenting, at least none that I know of. So, when people are making efforts to do better, we shouldn’t insult them or belittle their efforts.

Op, just like some well meaning people had already suggested, you can instill moderation by putting your foot down and ignore his cries. It will definitely be difficult but you just have to bear it. No child has ever died just by crying.
Good luck

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by kambili999(f): 3:00pm On Jan 13, 2021
staga:

yes I agree with the part of not being insulting to drive home a point, but please...ALL forms of correction are done in love to prevent the child from becoming a trash on the street and a menace to society!
yes I know. Hope u know there are stages of correcting children?

If you start correcting a child at that age with so much aggression, that child will draft far from u as he grows.

Everything shouldn't be by using the rod, even though I'm not ignoring the importance of the rod sometimes
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by mitchyy(f): 3:00pm On Jan 13, 2021
staga:
Imagine this OP.

If you cannot set the rules for your son at 3 years, is it when he is at the rebellious adolescent years of his life that you will set the rules?

True. Kids have to learn to obey rules at that age. He is not too small to give rules to. It helps them become a better adult. Simple things like “Say please when you need something”, “Say thank you when you receive something”, “Listen to what mummy and daddy says”.... and so on. Otherwise you will be creating a rebel in future
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Jabioro: 3:01pm On Jan 13, 2021
When fell sick now you will know the importance of sound sleep especially to a kids like him.. continue pampering him at your more risk...to his health
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Willy123(m): 3:02pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

My 3 year old son loves cartoon especially PJ Mask so much to the extend he could watch it from 7pm to 3a.m in the morning shocked

If you take him to the bed room he won't sleep, he cries and if not this cartoon no body watches any other program anymore.

He use to be very very intelligent before now, its seem this PJ Mask has entered his head.

[color=#006600][/color] My friend so carry this matter come Nairaland.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by AntiWailer: 3:02pm On Jan 13, 2021
Lol.

Your child is sitting in front of the TV till 3am and u are on Nairaland asking us question.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by SocialJustice: 3:03pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

This is bad parenting, I'm not insulting you, just telling you as it is.

I advise you start making sure that boy goes to bed by 10pm latest and remains in his bed until 7am in the morning.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by LOVEGINO(m): 3:03pm On Jan 13, 2021
Chisaedhor:

Oga no be like that poo

He senses came back
please don't flog him. Watching cartoon @ dat age is d best thing u can do for him. How I finish with my 5 yrs old daughter? I even give her nick name "miss bean"
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by raphy(m): 3:04pm On Jan 13, 2021
MadAm you need to instill discipline in him.I was a cartoon freak when I was thT age.
All the cartoons I watch are no more now.

From teddy roxspin ,secret squirrel .to danger mouse. Iove playing with toys. But I have time limit to do that.

So discipline a little give him number and alphabet to write if he don't do it no tv. Give him time to watch And Time to read .
That's how he will develop his brain .make sure no tv when he is eating .

If ya husband no de try your best.

I don try to give u .I think chocho54 say something nice.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 13, 2021
Learn to set boundaries sir. Today it's his cartoons you can't control, what would it be tomorrow?

Put him on a rigid timetable. Bedtime, screen time, meal time, homework time, reading time. If he wants to cry on his bed till daybreak, let him. My guess is he won't even last half an hour before falling asleep.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 13, 2021
deltateam:

Flogging 3 years old? Did I read well?
everyone have their size of cane

1 Like

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by GetMeRight: 3:05pm On Jan 13, 2021
Whoube99:

[s] That is the dividend of poor parenting.
You most be one of those loose & useless parent [/s]
Very wrong way address people, you can do better because you didn't need to use those kinds of words.

Fair, better

1 Like

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jan 13, 2021
How possible is it for a 3 yr old child be able to keep awake at 3 am?
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by raphy(m): 3:06pm On Jan 13, 2021
One of my grown niggah iS addicted to war games and very lazy at times he plY it on his phone till 3am.

He is a computer programmer.
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by Chisaedhor: 3:07pm On Jan 13, 2021
LOVEGINO:
please don't flog him. Watching cartoon @ dat age is d best thing u can do for him. How I finish with my 5 yrs old daughter? I even give her nick name "miss bean"
Lol
Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by simplesearch: 3:08pm On Jan 13, 2021
That's what happens when you allow your child to train you in the way you should go instead of the other way round.
That cartoon to be plain with you is demonic and addictive, how I wish parents can have spiritual eye of discernment.
Take the heck from him, anoint him and cast out those spirit from him in the name of Jesus, see him change within two three days.
You need the power of God to do this so if you are not saved, get on your knee right there confess to Jesus and let him into your heart and family.
What you see is the spirit of addiction and rebellion coming to play gradually, even psychology can't help you get rid of such cos every deposit of unwanted spiritual matter can only be dealt with by the spirit of the Lord, if you fail to curtail this now he may drop it by himself after a while but the seed would have been fitly rooted for future manifestation.

It's like sowing a wind to reap a wild wind, don't allow that to happen get rid of it right away. Bless your heart of concern!

1 Like

Re: HELP: My 3 Year Old Son Can't Do Without Cartoons, Stays Awake Till Morning by ehix89(m): 3:08pm On Jan 13, 2021
ChoCho54:
You and all the other guys condemning this lady is because you are men who know nothing about giving care to the child. Did you see any lady there talking rubbish?

The bond between mother and child is very different from the bond between child and siblings or dad.

You guys cannot understand how hard it was for this lady in bringing about a change, to the extent of crying to NL.

However, my case is different Helinues. grin

The same patience ozokwor of NL you call me which I love anyway, is still the same toughie at home!

Any child that pushes my patience would be in soup already.
Our mothers that instilled discipline in us adopted us abi.
Madam it's about striking the right balance o'jare. The current set of children and teenagers being bred by parents nowadays will cause huge problem in the near future, if it hasn't started causing problems already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Should A Wife Ever Confront Her Hubby’s Side Chick? / Mother Ties Up Her Four Kids In A Viral Christmas Photo / My Wife Demands ‘bribe’ Before Sex, Says Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.