Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,940 members, 7,817,751 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? (10731 Views)

What Is The Difference Between Harmattan & Winter? / Is Being Quiet A Sign Of Weakness / How To Overcome The Effects Of Harmattan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by Johnnyrio: 6:07am On Dec 09, 2020
Nope (Anambra)
The thing no go show nah ....

REASON: The effect of the Amazon basin that got burnt last year ending. No much transpiration to cause rain formation this year hence seizure of harmattan.
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by Jeromejnr(m): 6:07am On Dec 09, 2020
Nbotee:
Harmattan wey don set for Abuja here for a couple of weeks already.. Though for a couple of days now it gets really hot at dusk before d cold comes back before dawn

I can't feel any harmattan in Abuja sir.
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by Bestinstinct(m): 6:07am On Dec 09, 2020
tuoyoojo:
The sun for abuja fit fry person brain o

You go feel am inside the bone marrow

Wahala for those when nor get hair for head and people wen dey bleach skin

In port Harcourt, heavy rain still dey fall like say nor be December.

Its like the recession don affect weather too
In fact eh, Abuja sun just start work.
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by sinkhole: 6:08am On Dec 09, 2020
This year is the second hottest year on record!
Climate Change is real.

With the data now in for the first half of the year, Carbon Brief estimates that 2020 is most likely to be either the warmest or second warmest year on record, depending on the approach used to calculate global temperatures.

https://www.carbonbrief.org/state-of-the-climate-2020-set-to-be-first-or-second-warmest-year-on-record

1 Like

Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by Djaf4u: 6:09am On Dec 09, 2020
Fryzi:
Harmattan came very early here in Abuja. mid October.
Fryzi:
Harmattan came very early here in Abuja. mid October.
Nothing like that in Lagos. Still experiencing heat
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by Ahmad62(m): 6:14am On Dec 09, 2020
Nbotee:
Harmattan wey don set for Abuja here for a couple of weeks already.. Though for a couple of days now it gets really hot at dusk before d cold comes back before dawn

Same here in sokoto
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by IamAsiri: 6:17am On Dec 09, 2020
A little harmattan had already started in Osogbo, only for December to come and rain to start falling again. It has fallen 3 times now. Maybe it's preparing a stronger harmattan for us grin

2 Likes

Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by bigcasava1(m): 6:19am On Dec 09, 2020
Bayelsa still raining

1 Like

Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 09, 2020
ogbiwa:
Today is Dec 8th and the heat in my current location is serious. Not a single hint of the usual December cold air.

Kindly let us know if your area is any cooler so that we may pack and come over there. This thing no just balance.

Currently at Ilorin

@Pictures

Now, that's what we call a "white-out".
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by Theevilone(m): 6:34am On Dec 09, 2020
Good morning NL please i am starting up a small business, wholesale and retailsales and am looking out on a good company and invoice name. My name is okoye Valentine chukwuemeka and i have (Vcee) which is my inniatial in mimd already, Guys kindly suggest one for me please.
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by odun51587: 6:41am On Dec 09, 2020
Climate changes occursDown here harmattan will obviously starts well from January
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by Gsentme(m): 6:43am On Dec 09, 2020
Harmattan is afraid of 9ja. >: grin
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by BigBizzy(m): 6:45am On Dec 09, 2020
Nothing nothing oh...
Who we offend na....
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by fiercehillz(m): 6:48am On Dec 09, 2020
E be like say na Africa this climate change matter dey affect pass o.

Our weather has completely changed...seems harmattan is gone for good. Some of our kids will not witness that strong harmattan we used to have those days.

Oyinbo winter just still dey intact.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 09, 2020

1 Like

Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by eddyslim(m): 6:52am On Dec 09, 2020
Here in Calabar, No
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by ringi82(m): 6:54am On Dec 09, 2020
ogbiwa:
Today is Dec 8th and the heat in my current location is serious. Not a single hint of the usual December cold air.

Kindly let us know if your area is any cooler so that we may pack and come over there. This thing no just balance.

Currently at Ilorin

Global warming is real and it is taking its toll on the environment. Less rain and more heat in lagos this year.

1 Like

Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by Onnasucs1(m): 6:57am On Dec 09, 2020
Yes a little. But heat was much last night o
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 6:59am On Dec 09, 2020
Here in Enugu I think she has missed her period. Waiting to see if the signs will start showing in the next few weeks
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by MrBONE2(m): 7:00am On Dec 09, 2020
tuoyoojo:
The sun for abuja fit fry person brain o

You go feel am inside the bone marrow

Wahala for those when nor get hair for head and people wen dey bleach skin

In port Harcourt, heavy rain still dey fall like say nor be December.

Its like the recession don affect weather too
grin
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 09, 2020
Heat wan kill us here sad what is happening (Enugu)
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by Maj196(m): 7:05am On Dec 09, 2020
2020 is a cursed year no doubt.
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by Onlinesmart: 7:05am On Dec 09, 2020
global warming

1 Like

Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by somto811(m): 7:07am On Dec 09, 2020
Here in lag, no harmattan..na jst heat
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by Gift96: 7:09am On Dec 09, 2020
ogbiwa:

Currently at Ilorin

wow December is here
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by twilliamx(m): 7:14am On Dec 09, 2020
It will still come, on or before February...
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by Deborah98(f): 7:14am On Dec 09, 2020
Harmattan kee,lol seems that dude went on vacation it's hot here in owerri during the day and a bit cold at night.
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by jagorinho: 7:15am On Dec 09, 2020
Heavy rain in Ibadan usually in the night, can't pray for a better form of climate change, the weather is cool.

3 Likes

Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by Ambbayo(m): 7:15am On Dec 09, 2020
It's really cold all day here in kaduna that you just have to sleep with thick clothes at night ,was in Abj some days ago and I will say their weather is just normal.i think this years harmattan starts in kaduna down to the far northern part of the country due to some levels of climatic change
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by EvansU: 7:16am On Dec 09, 2020
ogbiwa:

Currently at Ilorin

Ever since APC came to power we nor dey see harmattan like before again. In some states there will be harmattan but you see Lagos e nor dey again since 2015. Their "CHANGE" slogan also affected not only our economy but our weather too.
Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by metformin(m): 7:16am On Dec 09, 2020
Here Bomadi Delta state, the sun is usually very hot in the midday, the sun dey boil water, my neighbor kids will put their bucket of water for the sun, after some hours it get very warm. it always rains later in every evening here. I'm kinda wondering if we are experiencing another wave of raining season. (it's climate change indeed.)

1 Like

Re: Any Sign Of Harmattan In Your Area? by bluefilm: 7:16am On Dec 09, 2020
Non.

Il ne fait pas froid chez moi.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is So Special About December? / My Glo Me2u Pin Has Been Blocked / Federal Government Empowerment Loan For Entrepreneurs(nation Wide) Is Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.