Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,266 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

My Landlord Just Broke My Face - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Landlord Just Broke My Face (1555 Views)

I Want To Report My Landlord For Bypassing Our Electricity Meter / My Boyfriend Broke My Heart..i Want To Kill Myself (photo) / Landlord Caught Having Sex With A Boy In Lagos, Paraded Unclad By Mob (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Candoit: 4:59am On Dec 09, 2020
This happened last night on my return from work. My landlord tried to lock me in because my rent was due in November of which he was owing some money which had covered up for almost this one month rent at least. As I refused to let him lock me in, he pushed me in the face and broke it.
I invited the police last night but he escaped. He's been invited to the station this morning but he says he wouldn't be showing up. Even if he does, I'm concerned the police might just collect money from me and still do nothing. I've spent almost 8k inviting them and making entry.
Naira land family, what can I do?. Please advise
Is there an authority I could report this incident to?
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Cutehector(m): 5:08am On Dec 09, 2020
Ndo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by tillaman(m): 5:20am On Dec 09, 2020
shocked
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Fahdiga1: 5:21am On Dec 09, 2020
No pictures to prove it. fake news
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by yomi007k(m): 5:32am On Dec 09, 2020
You need to be patient as you already have a good case.

Does he live in the same compound or not?

Which ever way, you are already winning. Then calculate all the money you spent(hospital bills, police mobilization, stress etc) and smile to the bank. grin

The mumu man is just complicating the case.
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by grim33(m): 5:34am On Dec 09, 2020
You Dey oppress your landlord undecided...

Better leave the house before shit get on another level o

3 Likes

Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Neddstark: 5:36am On Dec 09, 2020
Candoit:
This happened last night on my return from work. My landlord tried to lock me in because my rent was due in November of which he was owing some money which had covered up for almost this one month rent at least. As I refused to let him lock me in, he pushed me in the face and broke it.
I invited the police last night but he escaped. He's been invited to the station this morning but he says he wouldn't be showing up. Even if he does, I'm concerned the police might just collect money from me and still do nothing. I've spent almost 8k inviting them and making entry.
Naira land family, what can I do?. Please advise
Is there an authority I could report this incident to?

You have a good case. If that police station does not arrest him, report to the zonal station. Let them come and pick him up when he has no idea. Also talk with a lawyer, get to see how it can be in your favour. But in the meanwhile, start thinking of getting out of that house within the next 6 months.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Nobody: 6:00am On Dec 09, 2020
shocked.. this is abuse. Hes even resisting arrest.. take the case to a higher division immediately! And be very careful before he sends boys to "off" you. Some landlords are that bad.

Try and leave his house for him.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Azyne(f): 6:02am On Dec 09, 2020
How does one break another person's face? The face na ceramic plate?
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Lifeisgoody: 7:07am On Dec 09, 2020
From my experience, you should have paid your landlord and have peace of mind while searching for another apartment. Now 8k wasted and more to follow.

Sometimes, you let go troubles. Not because you're a fool, but for peace to reign

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by SugarCake: 7:35am On Dec 09, 2020
ff
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by adeadeyera(m): 8:22am On Dec 09, 2020
This is the kind of cases I like to handle.
Send me a mail and let's proceed with suing him.
I'm based in Abuja though, but your location won't be an issue.

Some of these evil landlords have to be thought serious lessons.

The year 2020 has been tough for everyone already, so why complicate life because you're a landlord?

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by adeadeyera(m): 8:26am On Dec 09, 2020
By the way , take a picture of your broken face.
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Nobody: 8:49am On Dec 09, 2020
Infringement, that's injustice

Let me be ur lawyer bro
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by adekola4258: 9:25am On Dec 09, 2020
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Eryyy92: 9:36am On Dec 09, 2020
where's your landlord from?
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by chinchonglee(m): 9:52am On Dec 09, 2020
Re u a female?
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Candoit: 10:33am On Dec 09, 2020
chinchonglee:
Re u a female?

Yes I am
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Candoit: 10:34am On Dec 09, 2020
Eryyy92:
where's your landlord from?

Etche Rivers
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Candoit: 10:35am On Dec 09, 2020
adekola4258:

Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Candoit: 10:36am On Dec 09, 2020
adeadeyera:
This is the kind of cases I like to handle.
Send me a mail and let's proceed with suing him.
I'm based in Abuja though, but your location won't be an issue.

Some of these evil landlords have to be thought serious lessons.

The year 2020 has been tough for everyone already, so why complicate life because you're a landlord?

What's your email. Let me send it to you
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Candoit: 10:37am On Dec 09, 2020
TopDawg007:
Infringement, that's injustice

Let me be ur lawyer bro

Thank you that's what I want. I'm female.
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Candoit: 10:39am On Dec 09, 2020
Lifeisgoody:
From my experience, you should have paid your landlord and have peace of mind while searching for another apartment. Now 8k wasted and more to follow.

Sometimes, you let go troubles. Not because you're a fool, but for peace to reign

I'm literally not owing him as I have paid him for this month already. But even if I am, it's a rent due for a month enough to do this to your tenant? After the tenant has assured you she'd be paying
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Candoit: 10:41am On Dec 09, 2020
CalliDora1:
shocked.. this is abuse. Hes even resisting arrest.. take the case to a higher division immediately! And be very careful before he sends boys to "off" you. Some landlords are that bad.

Try and leave his house for him.

Thank you. I'm at the police station already waiting for him. He's yet to honor their invitation.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 09, 2020
Candoit:

Thank you. I'm at the police station already waiting for him. He's yet to honor their invitation.

Ok.
You're welcome.
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 09, 2020
Candoit:

Yes I am

Waaaat..? so you're a female?

Chai!
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Candoit: 10:47am On Dec 09, 2020
Neddstark:

You have a good case. If that police station does not arrest him, report to the zonal station. Let them come and pick him up when he has no idea. Also talk with a lawyer, get to see how it can be in your favour. But in the meanwhile, start thinking of getting out of that house within the next 6 months.
k

Thank you. Your words gave me hope to push on. I'm at the police station again waiting for him to come to the police

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Candoit: 10:53am On Dec 09, 2020
yomi007k:
You need to be patient as you already have a good case.

Does he live in the same compound or not?

Which ever way, you are already winning. Then calculate all the money you spent(hospital bills, police mobilization, stress etc) and smile to the bank. grin

The mumu man is just complicating the case.

Yes he lives in the compound. The money I was meant to pay to him today is what I'm using to mobilize police and take treatment already.
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Poorboy: 11:07am On Dec 09, 2020
How much is your house rent?

Do you pay monthly or yearly

What type of Apartment are you staying
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by yomi007k(m): 11:37am On Dec 09, 2020
Candoit:

Yes he lives in the compound. The money I was meant to pay to him today is what I'm using to mobilize police and take treatment already.

Well, since you have started all that also prepare your mind that you will leave his house.

But he has no right to behave in that manner.
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by descarado: 11:51am On Dec 09, 2020
Remove your picture.
Be careful of who u contact here.

As he don't want you to sleep in the house, u would have turned back and look for a place to sleep, then take him to court if u want to as you already have a case against him.
Alternatively, pack and go.

Landlord is looking for coochie. As you are not ready to provide, he has become Jackie Chan.

Next time, avoid living with landlord if u can. If u can't, do what some single girls do . They take a trusted badass male friend to go with them and pay their house rent the first time. Everything is in their name of course but he will hand over the cheque or cash.
He will surely get the message
Sorry
Re: My Landlord Just Broke My Face by Lifeisgoody: 11:56am On Dec 09, 2020
Candoit:

I'm literally not owing him as I have paid him for this month already. But even if I am, it's a rent due for a month enough to do this to your tenant? After the tenant has assured you she'd be paying
Don't allow anyone to push you into unnecessary brouhaha. Imagine the man fall and die while struggling with you. Trust me its not worth it. I'll advise you to withdraw the arrest and seek for peace. Please calm down. You are not a coward here, they call it "maturity"

(1) (2) (Reply)

UK Drug Dealers Caught With ₦300m Of Cocaine After Undertaking Police(pics, Vid) / Houseboy Impregnates, Kills Boss’ Daughter As Man Defiles 18-month-old Baby In / Many Feared Dead In Ghastly Motor Accident On Okene-kabba Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.