Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? (10973 Views)

Where Can One Learn Ethical Hacking In Nsukka / What Digital Skill Can One Learn On Phone / Programming For Beginners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by lekki1444: 2:20pm On Dec 09, 2020
sure why not lol. only 1 in 10 whose motivation is money will be good at it though
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by DeeStarks(m): 2:20pm On Dec 09, 2020
Your choice to make, man! Just be prepared to invest a significant amount of effort.
In the end, everyone gets better.

I've spent the last hour trying to resolve a bug. I opened nairaland out of exhaustion and frustration, and this post turned out to be the first post on the list

7 Likes

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by parkervero(m): 2:22pm On Dec 09, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
Should one go into programming for the sole aim of making money?
If you go in for the money you gonna be frustrated in the long run. You will be half-baked SD.
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by olanipekun65561: 2:23pm On Dec 09, 2020
@ op, “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” - Oprah Winfrey.

2 Likes

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 09, 2020
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Yes na

What is life all about

Life is all about smoking weed, banging pussy, drinking enough bottles, seeking for knowledge and the most important one is MAKING SOME MONEY
Go run STI tests. Had a dream about you.

4 Likes

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by WallStreetfx(m): 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2020
No bro so that you can do free work for me

2 Likes

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by scave(m): 2:33pm On Dec 09, 2020
I learned to code because of money.money can b ur inspiration but you must get the brain and patience for it.
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Notatribalist(m): 2:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
If you do programming for passion money will look for you naturally.. Programming is a real big deal.

1 Like

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
scave:
I learned to code because of money.money can b ur inspiration but you must get the brain and patience for it.
And you are making money with it already ?
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 09, 2020
why not?
money could be your motivation.
if football wasn't well paid you think people like ronaldo will be that good?

1 Like

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Gabbriell: 2:44pm On Dec 09, 2020

Know this and know peace:

If money is your drive toward programing, you are going to be a computer programing DROP OUT in few years time.

Lean to do what you love doing...that way the stress will never bore you out.

#peaceOut

2 Likes

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by endsarrrs(f): 2:47pm On Dec 09, 2020
When you go into programming, do what you like to do BEST. Money WILL COME BUT ENJOY WHAT YOU DO
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Topmaike007(m): 2:49pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dpharisee:
Please don't learn programming, so that you won't join them in begging us on every thread on Nairaland to open website or draw cartoon of our grandmother's picture
lolz
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by endsarrrs(f): 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2020
truthsayer009:
If money is your aim, please go ahead.

People go into a lot of booming careers simply because of money as long, as you can defend it

Ex: Oil & Gas, Nursing, Software Eng, Pilot Industries.
Nigerian military nkor? angry
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Joshmanuel10(m): 2:54pm On Dec 09, 2020
endsarrrs:
Nigerian military nkor? angry
For the sake of intimidating civilians grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by FanOfMyself: 2:59pm On Dec 09, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
If you want to learn programming, specifically web development. I have quality courses to teach you from scratch and I will also be available as a guide to answer all your questions and ensure that you're not overwhelmed.
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by FanOfMyself: 3:00pm On Dec 09, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
Check out this thread of mine
https://www.nairaland.com/6068075/learn-programming-work-home
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by spicyuzo(m): 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2020
Heartlessbanker:

İn my opinion, Learning to code is not a goal, Knowing what you want to do with a programming language is a better motivation. İnfact call that this, The single enough motivation.
You have to find out what is your single enough motivation?

İf my little experience help shed some light on what i mean; As at 2011-2012, i already had introductory courses on Java, Php and some C, but somehow i couldn't stick. A friend was already doing stuffs and earning from some projects but somehow i still found a way to lag behind.
But fast forward years later, Now I'm reading through documentations, tuning for hyper parameters and all what not, Not because money eventually fell down from the skies, not exactly because the industry eventually became lucrative, but, simply for the fact that I found a passion, and coding happens to be a tool to do the things I like to do.

My point is, coding is a tool to reach an end, the goal should be the motivation, not the tool or the need to earn money with the tool.
I'm seeing biologist who are coding, economists and even researchers in the field of linguistics who are coding, not exactly because of the money but simply because the goal they wish to achieve requires that they pick up this skill.
This goal is your single enough motivation.

İn conclusion, your single enough motivation will make you go all the way. Have you ever wondered how some people know about 4 or more different coding languages, How they are almost versatile across different platforms?
İ don't think they did that for the fun of learning the language or for the potential money they can earn, instead, i think that on they way chasing their goal, fired up by their single enough motivation, they walked through the corriodors of those skills and picked them up.
Money shouldn't necessarily be a goal, money is the by-product of chasing your goal.

May God bless us all in our endeavors.

6 Likes

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by RX480(m): 3:01pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dpharisee:
Please don't learn programming, so that you won't join them in begging us on every thread on Nairaland to open website or draw cartoon of our grandmother's picture

Graphics design isn't programming.
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Karlosorji(m): 3:06pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dpharisee:
give us better options on what to learn
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 09, 2020
spicyuzo:

İn my opinion, Learning to code is not a goal, Knowing what you want to do with a programming language is a better motivation. İnfact call that this, The single enough motivation.
You have to find out what is your single enough motivation?

İf my little experience help shed some light on what i mean; As at 2011-2012, i already had introductory courses on Java, Php and some C, but somehow i couldn't stick. A friend was already doing stuffs and earning from some projects but somehow i still found a way to lag behind.
But fast forward years later, No I'm reading through documentations, tuning for hyper parameters and all what not, Not because money eventually fell down from the skies, not exactly because the industry eventually became lucrative, but, simply for the fact that I found a passion, and coding happens to be a tool to do the things I like to do.

My point is, coding is a tool to reach an end, the goal should be the motivation, not the tool or the need to earn money with the tool.
I'm seeing biologist who are coding, economists and even researchers in the field of linguistics who are coding, not exactly because of the money but simply because the goal they wish to achieve requires that they pick up this skill.
This goal is your single enough motivation.

İn conclusion, you single enough motivation will make you go all the way. Have you ever wondered how some people know about 4 or more different coding languages, How they are almost versatile across different platforms?
İ don't think they did that for the fun of learning the language or for the potential money they can earn, instead, i think that on they way chasing their goal, fired up by their single enough motivation, they walked through the corriodors of those skills and picked them up.
Money shouldn't necessarily be a goal, money is the by-product of chasing you goal.

May God bless us all in our endeavors.
thank you sir

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Ekundayo7574(m): 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2020
Peterus604:
I luv code by don't know the one to start first
1) I luv Java
2) i web designing/developer
3) I luv graphics

Start with Web design my brother e get while

1 Like

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Abudu2000(m): 3:11pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dpharisee:
hahahaha u beat me to this comment. That's how the over hype one lazy ass skill, how many ppl are building app enough to employ all programmers lol
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by chuddyforlife(m): 3:26pm On Dec 09, 2020
Ff
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by bukxy: 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
me passion and excitement to learn new things everyday,
cos i love buildings things starting from the scratch, not worried about the cash,it will come soon,still in my teens though.
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2020
For passion
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by dometome: 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2020
Yes! Go for it
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by martinz1: 3:58pm On Dec 09, 2020
As a programmer u should be ready to solve problems with ideas and code and then payment follows
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Fidelismaria: 4:16pm On Dec 09, 2020

should food be ate for the sole purpose of not starving ?

Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by nurain150(m): 4:21pm On Dec 09, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
money doesn't come that way
Re: Should One Learn Programming For The Sole Aim Of Making Money? by Lotusflowerbomb: 5:02pm On Dec 09, 2020
Heartlessbanker:
You can do it for either passion or money, but if you don't have the brain for it, you will fall by the roadside. I tried learning it last year, it wasn't just entering my brain. Tried everything possible, but it was quite confusing. That's to show you that it isn't for everybody, whether passion or no passion. I am looking at picking up another IT skill with no coding.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Want To Work At Google: Journey Of A Software Developer / Back Pain As A Software Designer /Developer? / Foreign Jobs(remote And Relocation) Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.