Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari (20247 Views)

Peter Obi Holds Media Chat With CNN, Al Jazeera & Economist News Crew / Lekki Killings: Our Case With CNN Far From Over - Lai Mohammed / Atiki Abubakar Tackles Corruption Allegations With CNN (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by Islie: 11:57am On Dec 09, 2020
Since the second week of October, youths across the country led the #EndSARS protests which were peaceful gatherings to protest against police brutality and bad governance until October 20, 2020, when the Nigerian Army dispersed #EndSARS protesters with gunshots at the Lekki toll gate in Lagos.

President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday said the foreign press coverage of the recent #EndSARS violence was not balanced, citing specifically the Cable News Network and the British Broadcasting Corporation.

Since the second week of October, youths across the country led the #EndSARS protests which were peaceful gatherings to protest against police brutality and bad governance until October 20, 2020, when the Nigerian Army dispersed #EndSARS protesters with gunshots at the Lekki toll gate in Lagos.

In a report on the incident, CNN alleged that soldiers used live bullets on the protesters, but the army has repeatedly denied this allegation, claiming it only fired blank shots into the air.

The BBC also showed the footage of the shooting and confirmed that peaceful protesters were shot at.

Speaking during a meeting with governors of the 36 states, President Buhari said he was disgusted with the coverage of the two foreign press organizations.

"I was disgusted by the coverage, which did not give attention to the policemen that were killed, the stations that were burnt, and prisons that were opened. (They said we are all at fault. We don't have the sympathy of anyone. We are on our own)," Garba Shehu, the presidential spokesman, quoted Buhari to have said.
https://saharareporters.com/2020/12/09/endsars-im-disgusted-cnn-bbcs-coverage-says-buhari

It must be said that foreign press coverage of the ENDSARS violence was not balanced, especially from CNN and BBC. I was disgusted by the coverage, which did not give attention to the policemen that were killed, the stations that were burnt, and prisons that were opened.
https://twitter.com/MBuhari/status/1336742990379962372?s=19

5 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by helinues: 11:57am On Dec 09, 2020
grin

Sane Nigerians are also disgusted with the Nigeria Antifa's media wing

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by NoFucksToGive: 11:58am On Dec 09, 2020
helinues:
grin

Sane Nigerians are also disgusted with the Nigeria Antifa's media wing

3rf comment
Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 12:01pm On Dec 09, 2020
I'm also disgusted with you Mr jubril, you are never fit to rule Nigeria

209 Likes 12 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by Nigeriabiafra80: 12:05pm On Dec 09, 2020
Ok
Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by athaboi(f): 12:05pm On Dec 09, 2020
Always disgusted with anything that will expose his evils

145 Likes 6 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by jagaban002(m): 12:10pm On Dec 09, 2020
Tyrant always disgusted when being expose of their evil ways .
Don’t worry sir 2023 will be here b4 you know it and you will leave the throne as the greatest evil that has ever happened in Nigeria history .
Disgusting President

140 Likes 9 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by osamz007: 12:12pm On Dec 09, 2020
JUST D WAY YOU DISGUST WE NIGERIANS

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by Conrod: 12:17pm On Dec 09, 2020
There is nothing more threatening to despots than a free and independent media.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by nijabazaar: 12:18pm On Dec 09, 2020
How i wish Buhari can just melt away into the far flung reaches of the universe. I am not implying that he dies ....just let him melt away

Complaining about Buhari gives me Migraine. I try to imagine that i dont live in Nigeria.

Buhari is a destroyer of dreams. The harbinger of Misfortune and a Squanderer with the intelligence of a retar.ded ant

Let me add more

Buhari is
A mayhem
A walking crisis
A living nightmare
A framed bad news
A concise illustration of what long bad day looks like.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by JosephXavier: 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2020
Him think say na NTA wey dey lick some people nyash

9 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by Basicend: 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2020
What is Jubril saying?

What does he even understand that they are saying?

17 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by Dailyhappenings: 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2020
Lol...at least he didn't express shock here ...no wonder Oyedepo dey always tackle am..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SShagpyaBd0

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by fourboys: 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2020
so u mean they should have ignored it or lied about it?

We are doomed in dis part of the world

11 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by Nazgul: 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2020
grin
Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by BruncleZuma: 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2020
Not everyone's NTA and the other cowards that give you regular rimjobs Mr President.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by jasmine1600: 12:29pm On Dec 09, 2020
A president that talks through Twitter handle, is that one a president?

23 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by blacknoir: 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
We are disgusted with you and ur useless administration.if one only watches NTA u will c no problem with this country ,maybe that's the only channel he is allowed to watch. No wonder his favorite words are iam shorked ,I am sorprized ,I azzure you . olodo labadan

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by hucienda: 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
The last sentence is key to tell one this news report is hogwash.

Everything thus far with Buhari is reported speech.

15 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by wellmax(m): 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2020
God go shame them CNN and all enemies of Nigeria

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by emperorAY(m): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
so they should report only things that projects this failed government in good light?

9 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by teamsynergy: 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
Since you can't buy or compel them, why won't you be disgusted ...

Till now ,no body in abuja has been arrested for coveying hoodlums in SUVs to attack protesters , and you want foreign media to sing your praise?

21 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by crossfm: 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
See who is talking.

4 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by millionboi2: 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
B
Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by drey076(m): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
werey dey disguise

3 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by wellmax(m): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
CNN is fake news - Donald Trump

1 Like

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by ILoveeyouall(f): 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
On

6 Likes

Re: EndSARS: I'm Disgusted With CNN, BBC's Coverage, Says Buhari by DisLifeSha: 12:31pm On Dec 09, 2020
This man don dey yan upside down again o

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tambuwal: Buhari’s Exclusion Of South-East Is Fuelling Insecurity / You Saw Your Mum's Beating - Precious Chikwendu To Her Son On His Birthday / El-Rufai: The Self Appointed Spokesman Could Sell The North, APC For VP Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.