Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,281 members, 7,839,386 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. (841 Views)

Count Me Out Of Arms Deal Scandal — Saraki / Ogoni Youths Protest Against Apc’s Choice Of Consensus Gubernatorial Candidate / Atiku "Selected" As Northern Consensus Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Gbawe: 12:19pm On Mar 24, 2011
BB fans , especially GenBuhari, over to you . This is why I said it was never wise , in the first place , to blame ACN, Tinubu and Ribadu as the only guilty parties as regards the non-emergence of a consensus candidate.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/

Buhari: Count Me Out of Consensus Talks
24 Mar 2011

By Onyebuchi Ezigbo in Abuja

Presidential candidate of the Congresss for Progressive Change (CPC), Major-General Muhammadu Buhari (rtd), has distanced himself from any plan to broker a consensus arrangement for the three Presidential candidates from the north.

Spokesman for the former Head State, Mr. Yinka Odumakin, told THISDAY on telephone from Gboko, Benue State Wednesday that Buhari has shunned entreaties meant to bring him into another consensus negotiation on the grounds that he is not comfortable with the plan. "It will be hypocritical for him, to now talk of consensus arrangement after criticising the zoning campaign crisis that rocked the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP). Buhari has made it clear that he is not in support of any zonning arrangement or any plan to have a consensus candidate from the north but that he wants to present himself as a candidate of all Nigerians whether north or south of the country," he said.

THISDAY gathered that the last move to get a concensus agreement before the April Presidential elections could not sail through because none of the parties was ready to sacrifice its position.
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by solihu(m): 1:24pm On Mar 24, 2011
Well, to start with I don't bloody know what their position is or how difficult it is for them to make that. More so, it would be very unfair to say Buhari is being too rigid here.

Although I had hoped and still hoping whatever their differences are they sheath their swords and reach a truce. Forget the blame game, its not needed.
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Beaf: 1:48pm On Mar 24, 2011
Some bigotted people and their "zoning" sha. Dem no de taya? embarassed

I wonder what Buhari would say if he is chosen as the "consensus Northern candidate" by the new set of bigots called Northern Stakehoders? It is obvious that neither Shekarau (with his one state) nor Ribadu (totally unkown) would be chosen. LOL!
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Kobojunkie: 1:58pm On Mar 24, 2011
Consensus Candidate from the NOrth? HECK NO!!! I do hope Ribabu is not himself involved in such a move either. We are trying to get away from this nonsensical idea. This is not what we need.
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Nobody: 2:02pm On Mar 24, 2011
And yet again------ Buhari looses another election cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Mar 24, 2011
Buhari has made it clear that he is not in support of any zonning arrangement or any plan to have a consensus candidate from the north but that he wants to present himself as a candidate of all Nigerians whether north or south of the country," he said.

thats why the wikileaks cables described him as principled

unlike gej and his gang , he is not going to sacrifice his convictions for his ambition
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Areosapien(f): 2:09pm On Mar 24, 2011
oyb:

thats why the wikileaks cables described him as principled

unlike gej and his gang , he is not going to sacrifice his convictions for his ambition

Hi OYB.
Please, I seek your assistance. Hope you don't mind.
There once was a time I saw you quote someone. But you did it in such a way you were able to quote the person, as well as the person he was quoting (the first quote had "Code" on it).
Please, how were you able to do that?
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by gernded(m): 2:11pm On Mar 24, 2011
How i wish Buhari play as an elder state man and quite politics he will be good at that.

Dough his statement is a national salvation to some extent.

But he will never win an election take it or you leave it.
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2011
Areosapien:

Hi OYB.
Please, I seek your assistance. Hope you don't mind.
There once was a time I saw you quote someone. But you did it in such a way you were able to quote the person, as well as the person he was quoting (the first quote had "Code" on it).
Please, how were you able to do that?

can you post a link to where i did this? i don't quite follow. thanks
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Areosapien(f): 2:39pm On Mar 24, 2011
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 24, 2011
i simply quoted the person 's post
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by MaiSuya(m): 3:12pm On Mar 24, 2011
solihu:

Well, to start with I don't bloody know what their position is or how difficult it is for them to make that. More so, it would be very unfair to say Buhari is being too rigid here.

Although I had hoped and still hoping whatever their differences are they sheath their swords and reach a truce. Forget the blame game, its not needed.

My sentiments too. It may not be a consensus candidate per say, but let them not be seen to be openly working against each other.
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Genbuhari3: 3:17pm On Mar 24, 2011
Gbawe,

Yes, and what is wrong with it? Buhari is not ready to be a Northern Consensus Candidate. is anything wrong with that? Someone has insisted Nigeria is his constituency and trying hard to removed the Northern toga on his image, and you expect him to fall for this.

Yinka Odumakin is really managing this media war well
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Gbawe: 3:31pm On Mar 24, 2011
Genbuhari3:

Gbawe,

Yes, and what is wrong with it? Buhari is not ready to be a Northern Consensus Candidate. is anything wrong with that? Someone has insisted Nigeria is his constituency and trying hard to removed the Northern toga on his image, and you expect him to fall for this.

Yinka Odumakin is really managing this media war well

Nothing . And that is precisely the point. It is Buhari's prerogative entirely and no one should call him names ("greatest enemy of democracy"wink for the stance he takes that he was fully entitled to take in the first place.
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Genbuhari3: 3:35pm On Mar 24, 2011
Thank you, Gbawe. And Akande should stop blaming Buhari in public for the collapse of the ACN/CPC talks
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Genbuhari3: 3:37pm On Mar 24, 2011
and mind you, Opposition consensus candidate is different from Northern consensus candidate
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Beaf: 3:40pm On Mar 24, 2011
Genbuhari3:

and mind you, Opposition consensus candidate is different from Northern consensus candidate

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Lagosboy: 3:41pm On Mar 24, 2011
Gbawe:

Nothing . And that is precisely the point. It is Buhari's prerogative entirely and no one should call him names ("greatest enemy of democracy"wink for the stance he takes that he was fully entitled to take in the first place.

Gbawe the talks between ACN/CPC was never about northern consesus but about party alliance with Buhari as the candidate. There is no comparison here rather it further strenghtens our resolve in the fact that this man is principled to the core. He never sacrifices his prinicples for actualisation of his ambition, he is consistent and you can pin an ideology to him.
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Gbawe: 3:45pm On Mar 24, 2011
Genbuhari3:

Thank you, Gbawe. And Akande should stop blaming Buhari in public for the collapse of the ACN/CPC talks

Yes and I have said similar previously.

Lagosboy:

Gbawe the talks between ACN/CPC was never about northern consesus but about party alliance with Buhari as the candidate. There is no comparison here rather it further strenghtens our resolve in the fact that this man is principled to the core. He never sacrifices his prinicples for actualisation of his ambition, he is consistent and you can pin an ideology to him.

The point remains that folks will always be dissapointed one union or other did not happen to secure a greater chance of ousting the PDP . No one should start the blame game or name calling if said union does not happen because it is still up to those directly involved , after all is said and done, to take choices about their participation or withdrawal.
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Arosa(m): 3:54pm On Mar 24, 2011
smart move from G Buhari, I am beginning to like this guy. wink
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Genbuhari3: 3:55pm On Mar 24, 2011
does this beaf really have a job? I just returned from a foreign trip and my colleagues in the office here in naija were asking me who the hell of a clown is Beaf on Nairaland?

always displaying an icon of daft smiling to his anus being fingered!
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Beaf: 4:03pm On Mar 24, 2011
Genbuhari3:

does this beaf really have a job? I just returned from a foreign trip and my colleagues in the office here in naija were asking me who the hell of a clown is Beaf on Nairaland?

always displaying an icon of daft smiling to his anus being manipulated!

Does your "office" happen to be under the bridge? I'm just asking, because na deh agbero's from de operate.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by Areosapien(f): 4:10pm On Mar 24, 2011
oyb:

i simply quoted the person 's post
Arrgh! Not that! You also quoted the post he was quoting. How were you able to quote the post he was quoting?! sad
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by zeeleso(f): 4:54pm On Mar 24, 2011
Lagosboy:

Buhari is talking about the recent moves by some Northern elders to present a consensus candidate some days back which is what Gbawe meant. It wasnt a party thing, it was a north thing. Other stake holders from the various parties were not even invited.
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by tantayu(m): 1:49am On Mar 25, 2011
BUHARI has just passed the final test
DAVID, the anointed psalmist of Israel also faced this test
And he passed

And God has this to say about David

"He raised up David to be their king;
to whom also He bare witness and said,
I have found David the son of Jesse,
a man after my heart, who shall do all my will
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by tantayu(m): 1:54am On Mar 25, 2011
When Ishbosheth heard about Abners's death at Hebron,
He lost all courage,
and his people with him were paralyzed with fear,
One day Recab and Baanah
sons of Rimmon from Beeroth
went to Ishbosheths home around noon
as he was taking a nap,
And they stabbed him in the stomach
Then they escaped ,  taking his head with them
And they arrived at Hebron
and presented Ishbosheth's head to David
and they exclaimed, "here is the head of Ishbosheth,
the son of Saul your enemy who tried to kill you, "
BUT David said to Rechab and Baanah
As sure as the Lord lives,
So what reward should I give the wicked men
who have killed an innocent man
in his own house and on his own bed?
so David ordered his young men to kill them
and they did,
'
'
'
'
'
Then ALL the tribes of Israel
went to David at Hebron
and told him
WE are all members of your family,
So there at Hebron
David made a covenant with the leaders of ISrael before the Lord
And THEY anointed him[b] KING OVER ISRAEL[/b] (-1Samuel 4, 5:1-3)

The entrance of HIS word brings light and understanding to the simple.
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by tantayu(m): 2:16am On Mar 25, 2011
Sorry, the reference is 2Samuel 4, 5:1-3 and not 1Samuel 4, 5:1-3
The MOST HIGH rules in the affairs of men
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by 9ijaMan: 5:30am On Mar 25, 2011
Lagosboy:

My sentiments too about Buhari. I have always been supporting his candidature because I know he stands for something. Buhari is a man that is very reliable and consistent.

[center][size=70pt]Vote BB 2011[/size][/center]
Re: Buhari: Count Me Out Of Consensus Talks. by OAM4J: 5:57am On Mar 25, 2011
I love this man!

Why would he want to be Northern consensus candidate, I would have been pissed.

(1) (Reply)

Customs Roadblocks Illegal - Comptroller-general! / Want To Buy 2% Share Of Nairaland For 1m. / 15 Years Today, A True Patriot Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe Passed On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.