Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,788 members, 7,831,549 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. (665 Views)

Many Who Sold Their Cars And Properties To Japa Are Over There Regretting / My Brother's Company Takes Him To Court Because He Resigned / My Brother's Employment Letter Was Withdrawn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by munachiomaso(m): 1:29pm On Dec 09, 2020
Please help. My brother who worked as a lecturer II in a federal University got a better offer from a private University as a senior Lecturer (3 times the salary).

He put in a resignation letter twice with no reply from the registrar (management). First time the letter got missing but the second time he made sure to get a copy that was recieved by the Dean as evidence that he gave proper notice of 3months .

After waiting 3-4months without any confirmation/reply from management, my brother left for the new offer since time was going.

2years down the line the clog in my brother's eyes has cleared and he has realized that private University job security is nothing to write home about despite the huge money he is being paid and the very senior role he is playing (jump almost 5years by moving to a private school). You cant make a sincere suggestion that would be adhered to as every thing is geared towards making profit.

Now he is regretting why he left the federal school and wish he could go back.

What would be your advice considering that his resignation letter was never acknowledged or confirmed when he left. They just stopped paying him salary.

What do you think? Please i need your informed stand on this. Thank you as you help.
Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by munachiomaso(m): 1:32pm On Dec 09, 2020
Please mod. Help move my topic to front page so I can get maximum input as much as possible.
Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by osamz007: 1:34pm On Dec 09, 2020
NAIRALAND SOLOMON'S ON THEIR WAY

2 Likes

Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by YoonSung70: 1:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
hmmm
Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by Bola146(f): 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2020
shocked See big opportunity lost shocked shocked I don't think it can never be regained sad He made the biggest wrong choice. Anything public is far better than private.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by IamRichards: 1:42pm On Dec 09, 2020
He wanted to get rich quick,now see the result.

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by munachiomaso(m): 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2020
Bola146:
shocked See big opportunity lost shocked shocked I don't think it can never be regained sad He made the biggest wrong choice. Anything public is far better than private.

Thank you so much for your comments.
I need advice based on the fact that his resignation was not acknowledged.
Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by Bola146(f): 1:54pm On Dec 09, 2020
munachiomaso:

Thank you so much for your comments.
I need advice based on the fact that his resignation was not acknowledged.

"...... his resignation letter was never acknowledged or confirmed when he left. They just stopped paying him salary"

What is the difference? They have stopped paying his salary because he resigned. I know that the management or any top official might have slotted in any person into that post, who knows? We are in Nigeria.

Let him go check first the reason his salary was stopped since over 2 years

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by munachiomaso(m): 2:02pm On Dec 09, 2020
Bola146:

"...... his resignation letter was never acknowledged or confirmed when he left. They just stopped paying him salary"

What is the difference? They have stopped paying his salary because he resigned. I know that the management or any top official might have slotted in any person into that post, who knows? We are in Nigeria.

Let him go check first the reason his salary was stopped since over 2 years

You are right about "Nigeria". Lol

He intend starting the process of going back soon. In fact, he doesnt mind returning to his lower position. We just want to know the angle to process from since his resignation was not acknowledged
Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by Abfinest007(m): 2:20pm On Dec 09, 2020
He can't force his way back before he left without proper authorization
Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by munachiomaso(m): 2:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
Abfinest007:
He can't force his way back before he left without proper authorization

No one is forcing their way. We just need advice that's all.
Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by TalkTalkTwins(m): 4:15pm On Dec 09, 2020
sad sad
Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by olapeju39759: 4:41pm On Dec 09, 2020
NAIRALAND SOLOMON'S ON THEIR WAY
Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by piggyvestTroll: 9:14pm On Dec 09, 2020
IamRichards:
He wanted to get rich quick,now see the result.
apologize to mo.ojy or you might see the result too
Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by jesmond3945: 11:13pm On Dec 09, 2020
munachiomaso:
Please help. My brother who worked as a lecturer II in a federal University got a better offer from a private University as a senior Lecturer (3 times the salary).

He put in a resignation letter twice with no reply from the registrar (management). First time the letter got missing but the second time he made sure to get a copy that was recieved by the Dean as evidence that he gave proper notice of 3months .

After waiting 3-4months without any confirmation/reply from management, my brother left for the new offer since time was going.

2years down the line the clog in my brother's eyes has cleared and he has realized that private University job security is nothing to write home about despite the huge money he is being paid and the very senior role he is playing (jump almost 5years by moving to a private school). You cant make a sincere suggestion that would be adhered to as every thing is geared towards making profit.

Now he is regretting why he left the federal school and wish he could go back.

What would be your advice considering that his resignation letter was never acknowledged or confirmed when he left. They just stopped paying him salary.

What do you think? Please i need your informed stand on this. Thank you as you help.
what do you mean job security is nothing to write home about? Is it that he would be sacked?
Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by cassidy1996(m): 9:41am On Dec 10, 2020
bad choice

they acknowledged it when they stopped paying

1 Like

Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by munachiomaso(m): 11:12am On Dec 10, 2020
jesmond3945:
what do you mean job security is nothing to write home about? Is it that he would be sacked?

Yes, according to him 74 staff (including academic staff) were recently disengaged due to lack of funds/policy change.
Re: My Brother Is Regretting His Actions. Please Help Us. by jesmond3945: 11:30am On Dec 10, 2020
munachiomaso:

Yes, according to him 74 staff (including academic staff) were recently disengaged due to lack of funds/policy change.
well he should work hard and attain professorial status. He has nothing to be scared of.

(1) (Reply)

Skills An Engineer Should Posess / Universities With The Best Campus Life In The USA / Chat Online (its A Free Chatroom Service)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.