Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari (29845 Views)

Femi Falana: Senate Has No Power To Summon President, Governors (2018) / Ozekhome Counters Malami, Says NASS Has Constitutional Powers To Summon Buhari / Reps Summon Buhari Over Slain Borno Farmers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by Redhot111(m): 3:33pm On Dec 09, 2020
Them don come again ooo. Ok tell oga that they are not sommoning him that they are just asking him to come and tell us how he managed to get Nigeria into such deplorable state of insecurity.

9 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by datola: 3:33pm On Dec 09, 2020
m
Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by Sheriman(m): 3:34pm On Dec 09, 2020
A President that has power over all

2 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by pickatyouu: 3:34pm On Dec 09, 2020
I said it initially that buhari has no dignity in honoring invitations.

Check my signature if you have a car. It might interest you

4 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by low2high: 3:34pm On Dec 09, 2020
Shehu Malami is dishing the kind of words that will boost the ego of President Buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by Tripitaka: 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2020
bayelsaowei:
buhari can't answer questions in real time about his governance ...

I can bet my whole salary for December if buhari presents himself to answer thought provoking questions even for 30mins...

This exactly is the reason. He can't provide answers in realtime. Everyone knows he is neither intelligent nor articulate . Same reason he has never had a live media session throughout his beleaguered tenure.

12 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by GOVERNMENT2: 3:35pm On Dec 09, 2020
Dididrumz:
He definitely can't do a live session with the national assembly because he is clueless about the happenings in the country that's if that's the Buhari we know.
ROBOT DEY DO LIVE SESSION undecided

6 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by naijadrivablog: 3:36pm On Dec 09, 2020
Not true. Even the Judiciary can.
Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by plaindealer: 3:37pm On Dec 09, 2020
Racoon:
Yeah! So when have that become a norm in our democratic journey that the national assembly of a country cant summon a president? Buhari is now a god that is neither answerable to the NASS or Nigerian people but being shielded.So the question remains who is in Aso Rock?

Well, nothing new.A handpicked rubberstamp stooge NASS have no right to summon or impeach a lifeless president. Malami is plain stupid.Everyone under this useless government is just lawless.I guess zombies are enjoying how Buhari is treating them with impunity? Una go get sense by force

1. The president is the commander of the Nigerian armed forces, not the legislature. The legislature cannot summon the executive regarding the use of the Nigerian armed forces that's perfectly under the control of the executive according to the Nigerian constitution, that's democracy.

2. Nigeria has 3 Branches of Our Government, the Legislative, Executive and Judicial, all 3 are equal and independent so the legislature doesn't have any statutory or constitutional power to summon the executive or question the executive per the Nigerian armed forces.

Read the Nigerian constitution and while you are at it, civic education.

4 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by matcom123: 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2020
Yes, you are right Mr. Malami. Let us hear from the rubber stamp now.

2 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by Grandmeister(m): 3:38pm On Dec 09, 2020
Esseite:
The precedences Buhari has set In this country, we might be needing a national conference/confab after him to douse non-chalant attitudes of future presidents.

Yea right! When e reach a southerner turn now everybody go wan make the president begin act right and accountable..only northern presidents are held to a different standard. I say let the next person continue in the tradition of non chalancy...

3 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by Dididrumz(m): 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2020
GOVERNMENT2:
ROBOT DEY DO LIVE SESSION undecided

I tire ooo

3 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by seeker121(m): 3:39pm On Dec 09, 2020
Something is going on in that Aso Rock that this political elites are trying so hard to cover up and they are leaving no traces of suspicion.So a president voted by the masses cannot be summoned to give account of why the security of the country has gotten weak that a day hardly pass without news of death or kidnapping.I am beginning to believe that manniquin in Aso is not Buhari but an Impostor parading as Buhari.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by Myhusband(m): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
what a president cheesy

Buhari cannot come to the house turned to Buhari can't be summon, abeg what's the constitutional right these people that check balance executive excesses now have if they can't summon a president in a Democratic settings?

so NA are just relegated to make law and amend? then what's the value of NA?

3 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by Cyberterror: 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
The AGF has made a valid point. The national assembly left issues about their bogus pay and tear rubber Jeeps to be chasing shadows.

2 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by hush15: 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
Esseite:
The precedences Buhari has set In this country, we might be needing a national conference/confab after him to douse non-chalant attitudes of future presidents.

So who is going to put that in place?
Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by Grandmeister(m): 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
bayelsaowei:

I can bet my whole salary for December if buhari presents himself to answer thought provoking questions even for 30mins...

That was why osibanjo accompanied him and spoke most of the time on his behalf make the man no cast them.

4 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by tj2018: 3:40pm On Dec 09, 2020
why do we always have controversial Attorney Generals.. biko nu

1 Like

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by starz100: 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2020
This nonsense will end one day

2 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by NaijaFutbol: 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2020
Rubber stamp NASS.

E shock them
Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by yarimo(m): 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2020
Racoon:
Yeah! So when has it become a norm in our democratic journey that the national assembly of a country cant summon a president? Buhari is now a god that is neither answerable to the NASS or Nigerian people but being shielded from public scrutiny? So the question remains who is in Aso Rock?

Well, nothing new.A handpicked rubberstamp stooge NASS have no right to summon or impeach a lifeless president. Malami is plain stupid.Everyone under this useless government is just lawless.I guess zombies are enjoying how Buhari is treating them with impunity? Una go get sense by force
what the minister said is very simple to comprehend,it is not in the constitution.nothing like buhari is a god as you claimed. or is it buhari that drafts the 1999 constitution ?
Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by celeiyke: 3:41pm On Dec 09, 2020
bayelsaowei:

JESU
Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by Nobody: 3:42pm On Dec 09, 2020
plaindealer:

1. The president is the commander of the Nigerian armed forces, not the legislature. The legislature cannot summon the executive regarding the use of the Nigerian armed forces that's perfectly under the control of the executive according to the Nigerian constitution, that's democracy.

2. Nigeria has 3 Branches of Our Government, the Legislative, Executive and Judicial, all 3 are equal and independent so the legislature doesn't have any statutory or constitutional power to summon the executive or question the executive per the Nigerian armed forces.

Read the Nigerian constitution and while you are at it, civic education.

You sound very stupid, because you are indeed very stupid. The NASS can summon the president for ANY REASON THEY LIKE. It's called checks and balances. Separation of power isn't absolute lest power will be abused by each branch of government. Separation of powers goes with the corresponding principle of checks and balances. That's why in any democratic country the parliament can summon the head of government - be it president or prime minister, to respond to any sufficiently grave concern.

You APC online animals are beyond redemption.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by mankan2k7(m): 3:42pm On Dec 09, 2020
u are stupid sirs, I mean u and d dullard

5 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by plaindealer: 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2020
yarimo:
what the minister said is very simple to comprehend,it is not in the constitution.nothing like buhari is a god as you claimed. or is it buhari that drafts the 1999 constitution ?

I don't think they know anything about the constitution or even care about the constitution, it's all about their usual emotions, tribal and political sentiments.

5 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by nairaman66(m): 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2020
Nigeria has been taken back to the times of slavery

4 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by omoplaycool(m): 3:44pm On Dec 09, 2020
All I know is loyalty to the president doesn't make you a patriot.. It is the nation first before anything

5 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by Racoon(m): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2020
yarimo:
What was the president thinking when he asked that the NASS should initiate impeachment proceedings against Ya'Addua for being absent from his constitutional responsibility back then in 2010? If the NASS can remove a president from office, is it summoning they can do?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by yarimo(m): 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2020
sodiqapril:
Lol..these people should just announce we aren't practicing democracy anymore...imagine the attorney general of the federation saying the president can't be summoned by national assembly...lol, Nigeria is on autopilot till 2023
please post the constitutional section that give the national assembly such power to shame the minister

2 Likes

Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by plaindealer: 3:45pm On Dec 09, 2020
Hedonini:

You sound very stupid, because you are indeed very stupid. The NASS can summon the president for ANY REASON THEY LIKE. It's called checks and balances. Separation of power isn't absolute lest power will be abused by each branch of government. Separation of powers goes with the corresponding principle of checks and balances. That's why in any democratic country the parliament can summon the head of government - be it president or prime minister, to respond to any sufficiently grave concern.

You APC online animals are beyond redemption.

Stupid applies to you until you are able to show us where it was written in the constitution that the legislature can soumoun the executive?

Poor general and civic education is your problem, not me.
Re: Malami: National Assembly Has No Power To Summon Buhari by chloride6: 3:46pm On Dec 09, 2020
Later when they reject your bill you will be complaining

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu/shettima Group Shifts Akwa Ibom Rally As CPC Chair Resigns / Photos From Rochas Okorocha's 55th Birthday Celebration / Edward Adamu Biography: 12 Important Things To Know About New AMCON Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.