Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,220 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp (5462 Views)

GB Whatsapp Ban / DOWNLOAD GB Whatsapp V18.50.0 Latest Version / Whatsapp Warns Over GB WhatsApp That Mimics Features & Could Leave You Blocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by Tomisammie: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2020

Whatsapp is the most used messaging platform in the world today, allowing you to text, share photos, videos, location, and other files with your mobile contacts that use the platform. In contrast, so many modified versions of this messaging app have been in existence for a few years now.

GB WhatsApp is a cloned and modified version of WhatsApp that provides users with more functionalities and customizable settings. It is so enhanced that it makes the original app look like a no-brainer.

GB WhatsApp was first launched in early 2017, then other modified WhatsApp apps like WhatsApp plus, YOWhatsApp, FMWhatsApp, OGWhatsApp, and Aero WhatsApp were also built and followed suit in its diverse features.

Why People Use GB WhatsApp

A lot of users use these apps because they are kind of tweaky and they are a little bit awesome, but not too awesome, you know, because it runs like a paradox. I get the fact that it makes users feel like they’re premium hackers, maybe, haha. Enjoying its features is a whole vibe, but the detrimental aspects are much worse, which I’ll explain later on.

If you’re a developer and you’re wondering how WhatsApp was able to be modified, it was modified through reverse-engineering. Most of the people that do these are Indians, and you know what Indians are capable of.

Why quit GB WhatsApp?

Your data isn’t safe

Using unauthorized apps like these, there is no guarantee that your phone’s data is safe. Just like the way some Chinese and Russian apps are made to steal your mobile stored data, it obvious an unauthorized app like GB WhatsApp will do the same. These kinds of apps might have links to third-party sites and therefore putting your data at risk.

It is illegal

GB WhatsApp is illegal, just like other modified WhatsApps. These modified versions are developed with the original app’s source code without WhatsApp Inc. permission, as they haven’t disclosed it freely to allow third parties to develop modified versions using its main source code. As a matter of fact, WhatsApp is not open-source, tech-savvy people know better.

CONTINUE READING HERE: https://tomilola.com/tech/6-reasons-why-you-should-quit-gb-whatsapp/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by AchalugoNwa(f): 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2020
cheesy

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by OneKinGuy(m): 9:52pm On Dec 09, 2020
Gb whatsapp has been my daily driver for the past 4 years. I'd rather quit whatsapp then to use the stock app.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by Validfacts: 10:03pm On Dec 09, 2020
OneKinGuy:
Gb whatsapp has been my daily driver for the past 4 years. I'd rather quit whatsapp then to use the stock app.
. Were u able to backup your chats and media on google? Was actually having issue with that, please can u guide me on how to do it?
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by Tomisammie: 10:59pm On Dec 09, 2020
Validfacts:
. Were u able to backup your chats and media on google? Was actually having issue with that, please can u guide me on how to do it?

I don't think there is a way to do that. But you can try searching Google for a way to do it.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by OmoOAU(m): 11:09pm On Dec 09, 2020
Validfacts:

You can't do that. It's a pirated app and has no google support. Buh it's always backed up manually to your phone memory by 2am everyday.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by Jeffy1206(m): 4:57am On Dec 10, 2020
OmoOAU:

You can't do that. It's a pirated app and has no google support. Buh it's always backed up manually to your phone memory by 2am everyday.
any way to stop this unnecessary back up every day? �
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by OneKinGuy(m): 5:06am On Dec 10, 2020
Validfacts:
No, you can't se the Google backup with gb whatsapp or any modified whatsapp. You will have to do it locally. I personally use apps liek swift backup or titanium backup
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by NoFucksToGive: 5:54am On Dec 10, 2020
Wyry:
Nigerian girls are useless.

We know
Moving on

5 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by NoFucksToGive: 5:55am On Dec 10, 2020
Okorie72:
MASSAGE HOME SERVICE JUST LIKE THE BOSS.
CALL OR WHATSAPP US TODAY

Female or male masseuse?

If female do I get a handjob at the end m if male you must be a fagg
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by Askme2020(m): 6:05am On Dec 10, 2020
Jeffy1206:

yes simply set your phone to automatically off by 1am and turn on by 4am. the backup happen around 2am. that is the only way to stop it.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by KamsiViva: 6:18am On Dec 10, 2020
I absolutely love GB WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by Dracking(m): 6:21am On Dec 10, 2020
Herrymax:

oga waiting Nigerian girls do you nah

you just dey para since yesterday
Nnaa the thing taya me

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by aje55393: 6:21am On Dec 10, 2020
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by kbshow100(m): 6:32am On Dec 10, 2020
Please can somebody help me with a link to download GBWhatsApp

Please please
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by Jeffy1206(m): 6:36am On Dec 10, 2020
Askme2020:

yes simply set your phone to automatically off by 1am and turn on by 4am. the backup happen around 2am. that is the only way to stop it.
it still start by that time sef sad undecided
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by Askme2020(m): 6:49am On Dec 10, 2020
Jeffy1206:
it still start by that time sef sad undecided
start by what time. see it what I have been doing for the past 7months now. I set my phone to auto off by 1am and turn on by 4:30am. since then I have never have to go and be deleting the backup from my WhatsApp chat folder again.
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by finalboss(m): 7:54am On Dec 10, 2020
People still use GB WhatsApp ?? undecided
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by Frankiecrenshaw: 8:37am On Dec 10, 2020
finalboss:
People still use GB WhatsApp ?? undecided
i just tire. That nonsense
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by Angelnath(m): 8:51am On Dec 10, 2020
Team gb all the way. Anyway the gods bless our darling daddy
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 10, 2020
Dracking:
Nnaa the thing taya me
and the guy even refused to talk

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by primestreams: 9:17am On Dec 10, 2020
kbshow100:
Please can somebody help me with a link to download GBWhatsApp

Please please

Download from the link below

http://links.techoragon.com/IiV4d

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by OmoOAU(m): 9:40am On Dec 10, 2020
Jeffy1206:
Switch off your phone before 2am or you can delete it immediately you see it
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by revived: 10:15am On Dec 10, 2020
Two years counting now grin grin
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by Gadafii: 10:44am On Dec 10, 2020
whether u use Gbwhatsapp or not, ur data are not safe, so rest the matter

i actually enjoy using Gbwhatsapp, except that i cant back it up on google, which is no big deal for me cool
Re: 6 Reasons Why You Should Quit GB Whatsapp by SamsonDGreat(m): 12:53pm On Dec 10, 2020
Thanks for the info.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have Tecno Mobile Been Lying To Nigerians? / The Frameless Design Infinix TV Debuts Tomorrow / Have U Been Receiving A Call Frm Code +37**********

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.