Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim (7839 Views)

Falana: Zulum’s Reward Of Obiageli Mazi Indictment On Divisive Politicians / Give Best Caption To This Olawepo Hashim's Image and Win / Olawepo-hashim: I Was A Lonely Child Who Cheated Death 4 Times While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by bilms(m): 5:41am On Dec 10, 2020
*2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive- Olawepo-Hashim*

A Presidential candidate in the 2019 general elections Gbenga Olawepo-Hashim has said that rotation of the presidency in 2023 would be counter-productive to the polity.

In a statement he issued on Tuesday, the businessman who said rotation will not foster national unity and development, added that the country needs a good president from any region who is prepared and capable of promoting the socio-economic development.

According to him, those who want power must construct a national platform and build a national consensus behind their programme.

Nigeria needed a president that will unite the country, secure it and transform its economy from an under-developed economy to a modern productive economy.

The business mogul maintained that the envisaged president “should not be based on tribe, religion or region, but on an ability to support the all-round social and economic development and provide sustainable employment for Nigeria’s massively unemployed hands.”

Olawepo-Hashim stressed that “Nigerians from every corner are always readyto vote for a good president when they see one,” recalling that without anyzoning in 1993, the late Chief Moshood Abiola got votes from Kano against Alhaji Bashir Tofa, his main opponent, who hails from Kano.
He also recalled that in 1999, “despite the fact that President Olusegun Obasanjo’s home base, the Southwest, did not vote for him, he still became president, based on of votes from the six regions.

Olawepo-Hashim said: “The talk of zoning of the Presidency is therefore, a false narrative, divisive and inimical to national development.”

He noted that the notion of ” it is our turn president” makes leaders to become escape accountability because when he is questioned, the so-called ethnic base and constituents would gather to say ‘you cannot touch our man because it is our turn.”

Olawepo-Hashim added: “This phenomenon is dangerous for national unity, cohesion and national development, and more importantly, rotating president is a pedestrian diversion from the current subject of devolution and decentralization of power from the over centralized centre to the federating states in Nigeria.

“Nigeria would not just become a just and equitable federation, simply because a Southerner is exercising the over blotted power at the centre.

“It will be more equitable and efficient when the powers are devolved more to the states, regardless of who occupies the office of the President.

“Most of the people talking of how Obasanjo, a Southerner became president in 1999, were not there in the PDP. They are over simplifying issues. I was one of the conveners of the PDP in 1998. I know the proper context for what was done. It was not as if other people from other zones did not contest against Obasanjo. Alhaji Rimi contested against him in 1999 from Kano; also Dr.Alex Ekwueme.

“In 2003, Chief Barnabas Gemade from the North contested against President Obasanjo. Ditto for Buhari in 2015. Chief Rochas Okorocha from the Southeast contested against him.

“The emergence of any particular leader or presidential candidate at anytime is usually a product of intense horse trading, negotiations and bargaining, not outright zoning to any particular region.”

He said those who want power must construct national platform and build a national consensus behind their programme.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/12/2023-zoning-of-president-is-counter-productive-olawepo-hashim/amp/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by michlins(m): 5:47am On Dec 10, 2020
You have spoken well like a very wise man but it's very important to know that Nigeria isn't yet that matured to play this type of politics. A country where a president choose the whole service chiefs from a particular region where he also hails from should tell you how backwards we are.

Yes, your idea is good but eh.......

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by bilms(m): 5:55am On Dec 10, 2020
michlins:
You have spoken well like a very wise man but it's very important to know that Nigeria isn't yet that matured to play this type of politics. A country where a president choose the whole service chiefs from a particular region where he also hails from should tell you how backwards we are.

What is the meaning of Nigeria is not ripe? Is Nigeria a fruit?

This kind of attitude and reaction is exactly why the country is not moving forward.

Every time a good cause of action is identified to be done, we kill such initiative with baseless argument of Nigeria is not ripe.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by michlins(m): 6:06am On Dec 10, 2020
bilms:

This kind of attitude and reaction is exactly why the country is not moving forward.

Every time a good cause of action is identified to be done, we kill such initiative with baseless argument of Nigeria is not ripe.

good morning and I hope you slept well. That is my opinion and observation of the current situation of Nigeria. If it doesn't sit well with you, kindly make your own comment without responding to me. Thanks and stay safe

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by Fahdiga1: 6:09am On Dec 10, 2020
So says a drunk. it is the turn of the Igbos to produce the president or everyone goes their separate ways

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by LawLab247: 6:12am On Dec 10, 2020
Ok
Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by Tranquillity360: 6:44am On Dec 10, 2020
In Nigeria politics is all about my tribe my tribe.especially Yorubas and northerners.

A northern will rather vote for Shekua of boko haram than voting for a Eastern.

A yoruba man will be painting others black just to market their own,
Just like many of them are doing now by say buhari have failed,that Osibanjo is the right man for the job in 2023,is Osibanjo not in buhari government?
if buhari have fail Osibanjo have faill too.

The Igbos want their person to rule but not as tribalist like the two above,because Igbos are business minded people.
You will be hearing words like,instead of Rochas to be president,let Osibanjo be president or let this person be president.

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 10, 2020
Seun chop this guy money for last election like.....

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by bilms(m): 6:51am On Dec 10, 2020
adabeke042:
Bilms is back cheesy we miss you in 2019 boss. I was rooting for Hashim on your behalf

Good morning bro.

Hashim has a clearly articulated understanding of Nigeria's issues and has taken the pain to craft a well thought out solution.

The best we can do as a people is allow good ideas to flow.

That's the only way the country can move forward

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by bilms(m): 6:54am On Dec 10, 2020
There are almost 500 ethnic groups in Nigeria, yet only 3 wants to be rotating leadership amongst themselves.

Is that what you call justice?

6 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by Obamaofusa: 6:57am On Dec 10, 2020
We are perambulating..

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by bilms(m): 6:58am On Dec 10, 2020
sad
Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by orisa37: 8:19am On Dec 10, 2020
NO RESTRUCTURING NO 2023.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by slawormiir: 8:42am On Dec 10, 2020
Damnnn niggarrrr
Anyhow sha..
I just want to see the next president comes from the east

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by Whiteshield: 8:42am On Dec 10, 2020
This failure has come again
Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by Sonnobax15(m): 8:42am On Dec 10, 2020
angry. These politicians keep on dreaming and talking about 2023, forgetting we are currently stuck in the predicaments of the present as a nation...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by 9jayes: 8:42am On Dec 10, 2020
Its either Tinubu or nobody

5 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by AgroSeeds: 8:43am On Dec 10, 2020
Lol... My problem with Nigerian politicians is that rather than think about how to better the country and move the country forward, they are more interested in where the next president will come from.

Thats why the dollar is almost killing our Naira and our economy is almost in tatters. The price of everything has increased astronomically and is no longer within the reach of the poor masses. God help us.

If you are a farmer or gardener in Nigeria and you need hybrid seeds for planting, do reach out to me. I have the best hybrid seeds that guarantees optimum germination and bumper harvest.

Especially Cucumber, Watermelon, Pepper, Tomato and Okro Seeds. Reach out to me for the best hybrid vegetable seeds. We have them all.

I do have the scarce Seminis Darina F1 hybrid cucumber in stock and I also have the Kareem F1 hybrid cucumber in stock.

If you need Sugar King or Sugar Baby Watermelon, do contact me too.

My Contact for calls and WhatsApp is 09090907136.

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by Gwan2(m): 8:43am On Dec 10, 2020
The political structure of the entity Nigeria is unfortunately in the hands of the North, anything other than consensual rotation of presidency will be at the detriment of the south. Hashim is very correct, even with the rotation, for a southerner to emerge as the president there must be a bargain and consensus from both the south and North which is counter-productive.
I agreed with his assertion, restructuring and dissolution of power from the central to states is the way out.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by Maxikenna: 8:44am On Dec 10, 2020
Ok
Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by Whiteshield: 8:44am On Dec 10, 2020
bilms:

Good morning bro.

Hashim has a clearly articulated understanding of Nigeria's issues and has taken the pain to craft a well thought out solution.

The best we can do as a people is allow good ideas to flow.

That's the only way the country can move forward

There is a difference between lying to others and lying to yourself. Despite the fact that you are marketing an inferior product, I commit your dedication to marketing rubbish.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by Muhylonaire007: 8:45am On Dec 10, 2020
Ok
Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by Ihutomi: 8:46am On Dec 10, 2020
Rotational is the best before hausa go think say na their birth right ,we die there everybody must teast am.

2 Likes

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by kmst1: 8:50am On Dec 10, 2020
michlins:

Service chief is based on hierarchy in the military
Unripe or not its high time we start something i think so
Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by leeikem(m): 8:50am On Dec 10, 2020
RUBBISH

I JUST KNOW THE NORTHERNERS LACK THE ABILITY TO MANAGE RESOURCES..

NIGERIA WILL CONTINUE TO GET WORSE..
ITS NOT A CURSE.

EVERYTHING IS BAD IN THE COUNTRY

BUSINESS
MILITARY
NO FOOD
INSECURITY
OIL PRICE. ETC

AND OTHER HIDDEN AGENDA BY THE NIGER REPUBLICANS

COWS IN POSSESSION OF GRASS.
#FUCKSHITMEHN

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by ChatPal: 8:51am On Dec 10, 2020
What political party is he?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by chidinwachukwu(m): 8:53am On Dec 10, 2020
I don't blame them,It's Goodlucks greediness that led to this path

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by Amah70: 9:02am On Dec 10, 2020
So let’s have Hausa/Fulani continue to lead.

You shall head next NADECO.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Rotation Is Divisive - Olawepo-Hashim by kmst1: 9:06am On Dec 10, 2020
bilms:

Leave them
Man way hungary wan kill dey say fruit never ripe
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Opens Debate On Renaming UNILAG Moshood Abiola University / Go To Court, Osinbajo Tells Restructuring Advocates / Sanwo-Olu Honours Three Dead Policemen With ₦10 Million Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.