Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,907 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent (58272 Views)

Data Price To Drop By 60% by 2025, Says Pantami / Airtel Nigeria Crashes Data Tariff, Offers More Value On Data Bundles / Isa Ali-Pantami Extends Deadline On Reduction Of Data Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by armadeo(m): 11:09am On Dec 10, 2020
10k unlimited uncapped make we free dstv port to streaming platforms.
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by At10tion: 11:12am On Dec 10, 2020
This is a welcome development!
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by God777: 11:17am On Dec 10, 2020
[s]
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

Good news!

If Buhari cant deliver on his numerous audio election promises, at least he can deliver on getting data cheap.

I mean we are still the poverty capital of the world and the middle class looks like its disappearing.

Back to the news, so my 5k sub will turn to 2.5k sub soonest, that means more money to get SK, that means staying high always.

But make them nor try stop SIM sale, black market go still dey, the price go just high.

Cos that was bad news for us, cos how we gonna get them FB codes, only real niggarrs would understand this.

But in the mean time, we keep bombing twice on an Europa league thursday not forgetting sports betting, cos we can get rich anyhow.

see my signature.

I said what I said
[/s]

This one is just a 12yrs old
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by Davo2080: 11:21am On Dec 10, 2020
fergie001:

SOURCE

does this government even know what they are saying or do they think that we are dounce. How can they say that by January 2020,the change in price has started and this is December 2020,we still pay averagely #1,000 for 1.2GB.let them stop deceiving themselves,if the do d walk and not d talk,it will go a long way in speaking good for them.

1 Like

Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by psucc(m): 11:28am On Dec 10, 2020
Before you pop champagne,see Airtel data bundles. Nothing changed

Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by authority2006(m): 11:35am On Dec 10, 2020
Fahdiga1:
But network providers are still selling at old prices. Is it only to be approving they know. What happens to making sure that it is implemented

I can't remember the last time I paid 1k for 1gb of data, it has always been N200 for 1gb since last year. And I could do it as many times as I wanted.
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by authority2006(m): 11:43am On Dec 10, 2020
new2012:

How will they improve when the govt is frustrating them from making profits?

Are they to take loans to imp I've and don't recover the funds?

You're crashing 1GB I o less than $1 when they buy their equipments and pay their providers in dollars

You don't know what you're argue about. Are they not making profit even if they buy in equipment using pound sterling? How much does 1GB of data cost them in dollar? Let me guess, you don't know. That's it.

May be you have forgotten, let me remind you that it was this same NCC that forced popular ISP (MTN, airtel, Glo and Etisalat) to increase their data price few years ago because they were already selling 3GB at either 1k or 1500 naira before. They would give 1.5GB as main data and another 1.5GB as bonus. Then, NCC said that there was need to protect the smaller ISPs and new entrants from being priced out of the market competition.
Are you now telling me that they were not making profits at the time?

1 Like

Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by IMASTEX: 11:43am On Dec 10, 2020
Omihanifa:
How is this an achievement undecided

Something that will all know it won't last cheesy
That is the truth, even if they reduce the cost to #100 per 1gb, they would still get the money back in double fold through fast data burn out.
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by Tremple8v: 11:45am On Dec 10, 2020
We dey try, we dey burn data for the country too.
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by Fahdiga1: 11:47am On Dec 10, 2020
authority2006:

I can't remember the last time I paid 1k for 1gb of data, it has always been N200 for 1gb since last year. And I could do it as many times as I can wanted.
Which network and how do you do it
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by IMAliyu(m): 11:49am On Dec 10, 2020
authority2006:

You don't know what you're argue about. Are they not making profit even if they buy in equipment using pound sterling? How much does 1GB of data cost them in dollar? Let me guess, you don't know. That's it.

May be you have forgotten, let me remind you that it was this same NCC that forced popular ISP (MTN, airtel, Glo and Etisalat) to increase their data price last year because they were already selling 3GB at either 1k or 1500 naira before. They would give 1.5GB as main data and another 1.5GB as bonus. Then, NCC said that there was need to protect the smaller ISPs and new entrants from being priced out of the market competition.
That time Glo was booming with their 2GB for 500.

1 Like

Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by sowilli: 11:53am On Dec 10, 2020
Data should be free. Where the money is really is what people do with data. Imagine paying money to go to the market, you will agree with me that the traders in the market will make lesser money. The real value is in what people do with the data, you make money from people with what they need and do with their lives. AT$T in America rented out phones until they started selling the phones, they didn’t break out. There was innovation as they customers had the phones in their hands.
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by akin83590: 11:58am On Dec 10, 2020
Prices will increase somewhere else...don't mind this Mallam Minister.
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by Vello(m): 12:02pm On Dec 10, 2020
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by gentleguy1975: 12:09pm On Dec 10, 2020
but, me dey buy 1.5g for #300 on Mtn na,although na one week be the duration sha
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by blacknp(m): 12:09pm On Dec 10, 2020
Fahdiga1:
But network providers are still selling at old prices. Is it only to be approving they know. What happens to making sure that it is implemented
As usual you want to blame the President for your fellow citizens cheating you? Go & fight for your rights.
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 10, 2020
You can see

Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by bizzibodi(m): 12:17pm On Dec 10, 2020
Audio slashing
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by pieces18: 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2020
280Bracket:
But they are still charging us same.

Believe this gist then you're on your own.

Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by AMvanquish: 12:36pm On Dec 10, 2020
psucc:
Before you pop champagne,see Airtel data bundles. Nothing changed

How much was 5000naira data last month? Just say you did not notice
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by reiddecuti: 12:39pm On Dec 10, 2020
Fahdiga1:

No mind then.

Government of ineptitude, that's what they are.
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by helicoptarr: 12:59pm On Dec 10, 2020
madridguy:
Message well noted. Implementation is next grin

Preferably 'ENFORCEMENT'.
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by authority2006(m): 1:03pm On Dec 10, 2020
Fahdiga1:
Which network and how do you do it

Any MTN sim that hasn't been used for a month. They would say it is for three months but I have been enjoying it for more than three months. *131*65*2#
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by Nobody: 1:04pm On Dec 10, 2020
MARKone:
These services providers, but their bandwidth in dollars. How would you crash their prices when the exchange rate is still high. Besides 1GB is 300h
Why are you supporting them, Nigeria was listed among the most expensive data prices in Africa despite being the largest economy in Africa.
Nigeria isn't the only country that service providers bandwidth is in dollars.
Exchange rates is high yet MTN celebrated 100 billion dollars profit this year.

1 Like

Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 10, 2020
Since Buhari can’t fulfill his promise of making $1 to N1 then he could make 1G to N100
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by Flytime: 1:13pm On Dec 10, 2020
rottennaija:

Actually, not really true. These are the factors that contribute to it. Advancement in mobile technology such a faster data ntw, higher quality phones, bigger data files and more video content.

Take for instance, 1g of data cannot be used in Facebook for 24hrs in a stretch. Why? Higher picture qualities taken by mobile phones and uploaded on Facebook, more videos on Facebook (some of high quality), Facebook apk size (and its attendant consumption of memory due to caching etc.)

Then YouTube videos (many don't know how to reduce the quality of YouTube video while watching), Instagram (full of pictures and videos, all high quality meaning more data consumption)

These are the reasons 1g of data cannot so much today compared to 5 years ago.
it be like say you no sabi mtn

Okay why is it that if I buy the same amount of data on airtel it last longer than on mtn?
I noticed mtn love doing this; if I download a file of 50mb they would probably double it which means I spent 100 mb for a 50mb file

Mtn too dey chop data
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by SIawomir: 1:16pm On Dec 10, 2020
Issorite..
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by new2012: 1:19pm On Dec 10, 2020
authority2006:

May be you have forgotten, let me remind you that it was this same NCC that forced popular ISP (MTN, airtel, Glo and Etisalat) to increase their data price few years ago because they were already selling 3GB at either 1k or 1500 naira before. They would give 1.5GB as main data and another 1.5GB as bonus. Then, NCC said that there was need to protect the smaller ISPs and new entrants from being priced out of the market competition.

Why did Etisalat crash? How many times has the current Airtel changed hands? The world over, covid 19 realities has messed enterprises up.

Typically I believe you're only speaking based on sentiments.

If the focus is as to protect the small ISPs, what changed? They can now be driven out of the market right?
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by authority2006(m): 1:28pm On Dec 10, 2020
new2012:

Why did Etisalat crash? How many times has the current Airtel changed hands? The world over, covid 19 realities has messed enterprises up.

So, you believed that the price of data and call tariff responsible for the Etisalat and airtel problem? What about management, corruption and all? Are they the only one operating in Nigeria? It simply means that there is something they're not doing right.

Typically I believe you're only speaking based on sentiments.

Sentiment, why? I'm still neutral. I only gave you the information you might not be aware of before making your comment about the operators making profit or loss.

If the focus is as to protect the small ISPs, what changed? They can now be driven out of the market right?

That's up to NCC, policy somersaults is not new in Nigeria.
Or, may be they feel that the new entrants have enjoyed enough protection. It's not up to me to answer in affirmative but you saw the evidence I attached that it was actually the NCC who jacked up the price of data years ago. So, don't let us derail
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by Houstency(m): 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2020
Re: FG Crashes Data Price By 50 Percent by Fahdiga1: 1:48pm On Dec 10, 2020
blacknp:
As usual you want to blame the President for your fellow citizens cheating you? Go & fight for your rights.
You this drunk from Damaturu. what brand of beer are you taking. where did you see the president in my post. hian

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Etisalat Advert Of Don Jazzy And Olamide, Back To Back / USSD Charges: MTN, Nigerians React To The Introduction / MTN List Of Data Plans And Prices For 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.