Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres (14937 Views)

NAFDAC Bans Use Of Ethoxyquin As Antioxidant In Feed Of Food-producing Animals / Desist From Dumping Waste In Canals, LASG Admonishes Residents / Blood Transfusion: LASG Rescues Baby From Jehovah Witness Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by internationalman(m): 10:46am On Dec 10, 2020
Jazzafizzy:

Not only in Edo the South south are used to this practice . Right in front of there houses

Sometimes it's tradition... From my place it's disrespectful to bury a dead person with children in a cemetery...

Maybe Oba Should be taken to the cemetery to bury too.
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by sylve11: 10:46am On Dec 10, 2020
letristian:
This is a very good development
How can people's compounds be filled with graves in this 21st century... Are the whites foolish to have cemeteries?

hmmmm cool
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by ManTiger(m): 10:47am On Dec 10, 2020
Better
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by officialsaw01(m): 10:47am On Dec 10, 2020
Interestingly, this idea was gotten from that Shariah law you all hate to hear about.

1 Like

Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by Bettykeys: 10:47am On Dec 10, 2020
Pace setter state
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by anonymuz(m): 10:47am On Dec 10, 2020
This can't work in Nigeria. Normally its ok,but we are used to burying person in his/her building.
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by PoliticalHunter: 10:47am On Dec 10, 2020
smiley
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by Davidzy23(m): 10:48am On Dec 10, 2020
And the place of Burial was not stated? Hmmm

1 Like

Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by Angelfrost(m): 10:48am On Dec 10, 2020
Mokason288:
Where I come from (Delta state)It’s impossible to burry a Cheif Outside

This law can’t work in south south Nigeria

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

Chief??! Is he a god??!... When the state is serious about the health and safety of their citizens, the law will take effect. Any family that can't bury their late chief outside in a cemetery, can refrigerate or eat the corpse. Mtchewww!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by Flokywaya(m): 10:49am On Dec 10, 2020
na now their eye open
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by themes009(m): 10:50am On Dec 10, 2020
Welcome development
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by seborrhic: 10:51am On Dec 10, 2020
These people don't fail to amaze with their peculiar brand of foolishness.
It's either they are copying foolishly or enacting laws s tupidly.
How many cemetaries are in Lagos State?
I know some council areas have just 1.
In a state with an estimated 10million population,let's assume their are 500 deaths per day or even 100,where are the spaces to bury 36,000 corpes per year in the cemetaries?
Even Muslims that bury their corpses within 24hours or so are the logistics available to handle such hurried burials.
Of course this is another edict enacted after a inhalation of cow dung manure.

5 Likes

Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by wiloy2k8(m): 10:52am On Dec 10, 2020
letristian:
This is a very good development
How can people's compounds be filled with graves in this 21st century... Are the whites foolish to have cemeteries?

Is it your compund
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by Omezif(m): 10:53am On Dec 10, 2020
Lagos is developing day by day that made it look like governor recent decision can't be totally possible.
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by Jamersirwin1971: 10:55am On Dec 10, 2020
Mokason288:

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

It was someone’s ideology that started that . And it also can be changed . When it’s time for delta state Govt to do that they will and nothing will change it
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by hotseat: 10:57am On Dec 10, 2020
Before enforcing this law, it is pertinent that the LASG create new and large cemeteries across the state for it to be enforceable. Otherwise, I see it as an exercise that would end in futility.

1 Like

Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by anochuko01(m): 10:57am On Dec 10, 2020
Foolish government would first ban something to create problem, then start scampering to solve the problem, when it should have been the other way round.

Where are the cemeteries and morgues and How many people can afford them?

3 Likes

Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by sonsomegrigbo: 10:59am On Dec 10, 2020
majamajic:
Ogun state are too found of that No house in Ogun state without a grave or 2 in front of the house

Fear of the skull miners I think
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by Unconquerable: 10:59am On Dec 10, 2020
Charleys:
Lagos State trying to cash out from the dead.

May God forgive them.

So people will be forced to pay money to get a space to bury their dead rather than bury in their environment.

Dead people don suffer. Someone can not die in peace again.
They're right. The living and the dead do not mingle.
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by AfroKnight: 11:02am On Dec 10, 2020
anochuko01:
Foolish government would first ban something to create problem, then start scampering to solve the problem, when it should have been the other way round.

Where are the cemeteries and morgues and How many people can afford them?

You have said it all.

They ban first, then begin to fail at solving the new problem they have created.

We have useless leaders.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by Exmilitant(m): 11:12am On Dec 10, 2020
What about residential premises used for churches and other religious rituals?
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by yeme7(m): 11:14am On Dec 10, 2020
Why the banned? ... I believe the dead are more friendly than the living.
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by Olude193: 11:20am On Dec 10, 2020
So all those Muslims who bury nko
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by IMASTEX: 11:27am On Dec 10, 2020
Legalcriminal:
Nice one..
Let the dead sleep comfortably at the burial ground.
True, it isn't called burial ground for nothing. However, the state should create a burial ground worth it, that should even be managed by the LGA.

1 Like

Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by StagethemTVee: 11:37am On Dec 10, 2020
You know what you are saying.
seborrhic:
These people don't fail to amaze with their peculiar brand of foolishness.
It's either they are copying foolishly or enacting laws s tupidly.
How many cemetaries are in Lagos State?
I know some council areas have just 1.
In a state with an estimated 10million population,let's assume their are 500 deaths per day or even 100,where are the spaces to bury 36,000 corpes per year in the cemetaries?
Even Muslims that bury their corpses within 24hours or so are the logistics available to handle such hurried burials.
Of course this is another edict enacted after a inhalation of cow dung manure.

1 Like

Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by hardeyphemmy: 11:42am On Dec 10, 2020
I have said it that the present executive of the Lagos State will be the worst of all..... You have spent more than a year in the office but there has not been any project(s) awarded to favour the 'living', now you are fitting the dead not to sleep in peace...

Oga oooo....
Wahala dey this countree....

2 Likes

Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by Abimbola29(m): 11:42am On Dec 10, 2020
This law just remind me of something,one man go burry him mama for my papa house even when my papa die we no burry him for him house,I think I need to travel,him most go unburry him mama I mean it
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by wildikeman(m): 11:49am On Dec 10, 2020
Then they should improve in the cemetery and mortuary.
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by wildikeman(m): 11:52am On Dec 10, 2020
What about cremation... What is wrong with people cremating the dead?
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by gnss(m): 11:58am On Dec 10, 2020
And the Dead that has already been buried in there Compound will the Government ask the Family to remove them ?
Re: LASG Bans Use Of Residential Premises As Burial Sites, Embalmment Centres by bennynaza(m): 12:00pm On Dec 10, 2020
Mokason288:

I HOPE I MADE SENSE

In Ngwa land, Abia state, men are buried right inside their ROOMS.
For some particular reason (s)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Bauchi Traces 305 Contacts Of Index Case, Others / FG To Recover Millions Of Naira Wrongly Paid To 588 Doctors / Weight Loss: Loss Weight And Belly Fat Just In One Week With Our Slimming Tea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.